SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part15)

6,679 posts in this topic

KK,

Every freakin thing in Maimi is over priced and over rated to me. Go to Wet Willies for frozen drinks and Mango's had good mojito's and food. They have woman and men dancing around and I got tired of seeing him at one point. lol Didn't go to any clubs.

Might be nice to take a tour og Versace's house. The turned into a Museum and your can tour it for $39. Where you staying? We stayed on 45th and Collins Ave. (Eden Roc Renaissance Hotel) It was to die for, but a hamburger and fries was $30. Yikes!

Oh that'a Marriott Chain...I'm a Hilton Girl!!! naw...I use those two when I travel.

We booked at this boutique hotel called Hotel Shelley recommended by NatPatBen. Although, I might break the hotel stay up I am looking at Royal Palm Resort in South Beach. Did you have a car? We are really going to do the beach thing. It's close enough to Jamaica. LOL.....

My plan is to sit out on the beach most of the day...reading and relaxing...

We'll definitely check out the Wet Willies and Mango's.

Rent your car in Ft. Launderdale, it will be much cheaper... Do not rent it at the airport.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Learned something new from the Jamaican Gleaner today:

If a person travels to the United States and attempts to change their status within 30 days of arrival, the presumption on the part of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, (USCIS) is that the visitor (non-immigrant) intended to change their status at the time they entered. That presumption can lead to the denial of any change of status by USCIS, as it is seen as misuse of the visitor's visa.

http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/200...news/news1.html

she has a program on thursday mornings on power 106

u can hear it live from that same gleaner website

its very interesting to hear some of the situations ppl have

i also did a consultation with her when my husband and i were trying to decide what to pursue

she's very professional and knowledgeable

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Congrats Irie Cat!! See, the VJ fairy dust is STRONG!!

MAWNIN ladies;

Tell her again English ... dats why mi go call u fram the other day....

sus, mi ago link u

WARNING: Do not drink moutain dew and red "RASS" bull at the same time...all now mi no sleep.

Yesterday I got home from worked, cooked, cleaned, wash clothes, iron, clean some more, garden, paint, clean some more, iron some more, organized my files, shredded a lot of documents, updated finances on my PC, cleaned up my PC, organized all the closets in the house, threw some things in my Jamaica box...seasoned up meat to cook for dinner tonight, then sat their and watch 3 hours of I Love Lucy....can you say I've lost my damn mind

LMAO Lawny,

That's how I used to be when I took Phen Phen back in the day before it was recalled for basically give you a big ole Heart attack! I would be up @ 2 in the morning trying to re-tile the floor in the bathroom or some foolnish haaaa! Sometimes I wouldn't sleep for 2 days, hot mess but I was thin and happy :whistle: !

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
hey shaunsgal

Hello Luv. I was catching up on the thread. How was your weekend?

it was busy .. but wonderful my daughter graduated from 5 th grade friday and sun she had a ceremony for girl scots that advanced her...plus work and church i have been busy

This is the third time I have heard about 5th grade graduation. Could you please enlighten me? I did not go to grade or high school here we have a different system....and my daughter is currently going to eighth grade and I do not remember any graduation except from daycare. I know, another stupid question from this chick. :unsure:

That's not a stupid question.. Does you daughter attend a K-8 school? If so you will not have a graduation until next year. She'll have a 8th grade one.

It really depends on the school. If the school is K-5 normally they have a 5th grade graduation because the child wont be returning so it like a send off to middle school but if the school goes to 8th grade them they typically wont do it until the 8th grade. Got it??

Timeline
Why do I have the heater on...in June!!!!!!!

space heater

I had a/c blasting Tuesday. Opened windows Wednesday. Turned on heat yesterday. This weather is killing me. Make up it's damn mind already!!!!

Amen Sista! How have you been JG? (F)

I can't wait to move to Houston... where the weather goes from hot to humid. BTW anyone have any leads on any hospital jobs in Houston?

I didn't know you were thinking about moving?? Me too. Raleigh/Durham is having a job fair July 9th. I'm thinking about going but I'm trying to get a list of the companies that will be in attendance first. No since in wasting my time if there won’t be companies who are looking to hire what I do. Has anyone ever been successful from a job fair?

Mawnin Yardies!

Congrats Irie. That's awesome news...

The rain scared the ####### out of me today. I thought a tornado was passing though. Ugh!

Today is my B'Day and I'm at work. lol Wat's wrong with me.

Happy B-day Sun Ray! Go home and enjoy your day! :star: ( only in a perfect world right....)

That storm was something serious tuh raas! The sky turned purple it took me forever to get to work and cross the bridge! :wacko: By the time I arrived I felt like Indiana Jones with all the falling trees I had to dodge :yes:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline
Congrats Irie Cat!! See, the VJ fairy dust is STRONG!!

MAWNIN ladies;

Tell her again English ... dats why mi go call u fram the other day....

sus, mi ago link u

WARNING: Do not drink moutain dew and red "RASS" bull at the same time...all now mi no sleep.

Yesterday I got home from worked, cooked, cleaned, wash clothes, iron, clean some more, garden, paint, clean some more, iron some more, organized my files, shredded a lot of documents, updated finances on my PC, cleaned up my PC, organized all the closets in the house, threw some things in my Jamaica box...seasoned up meat to cook for dinner tonight, then sat their and watch 3 hours of I Love Lucy....can you say I've lost my damn mind

I need to go make some of that right now. I'm sure my house would appreciate it.

Rent your car in Ft. Launderdale, it will be much cheaper... Do not rent it at the airport.

But I'm flying into Miami Airport...how would I get to ft lauderdale?

I was thinking we don't really need a car...

KK, w/o a car, you will be stuck right there on the strip, there is so much more to do , than what's on the strip. I would look at renting a car from a neighbor in Mami, before I rent at the airport. Cars rented at airport cost most than locan renters...

Timeline
Morning ladies,

Just passing thru.....

Question for you all, i am applying for a job that offers relocation expenses but it is in Greensboro North Carolina. I dont know a damn thing about NC other than i want the hell up out of michigan with its crumbling economy. Can anyone enlighten me, please?

Ugh you founnd a job in Greensboro with relocation?? Dang what website were you on?? Umm I think you should go see Greensboro first I hear its not well uhhhhh I'll PM you....

Timeline

KK, there is a calendar of events and tour info for Miami here:

http://www.miamiandbeaches.com/visitors/calendar.aspx

One thing I did in Miami that I loved was the airboat tour of the everglades - corny, I know - but I thought it was fun, and loved seeing the gators so close!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

KK, w/o a car, you will be stuck right there on the strip, there is so much more to do , than what's on the strip. I would look at renting a car from a neighbor in Mami, before I rent at the airport. Cars rented at airport cost most than locan renters...

I saw a rate at National Car Rental...$25 a day/ plus I get an upgrade cause of my status...

What else is there to do than the strip? They have cabs right?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Mawning ppl happy bday SunRay omg i was up 3 in the morning that thunder scared the ####### outta me!!! i am hating this weather in NYC!!!!

We got it here too. Tornados, hail, heavy rains.

Shaunsgirl & Dillon...you guys okay? Journee.....you better check your house.

Yep we are fine....that thunder scared the life out of me yesterday morning though.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.