6,679 posts in this topic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

A little morning wisdom:

Written By Regina Brett, 90 years old, of The Plain Dealer, Cleveland, Ohio.

"To celebrate growing older, I once wrote the 45 lessons life taught me. It is the most-requested column I've ever written. My odometer rolled over to 90 in August, so here is the column once more:

1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.

2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.

3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone...

4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.

5. Pay off your credit cards every month.

6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.

7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.

8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.

9. Save for retirement starting with your first pay cheque.

10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.

11. Make peace with your past - so it won't screw up the present.

12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.

13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.

14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.

15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry - God never blinks.

16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.

17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.

18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.

19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no-one else.

20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.

21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.

22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.

23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.

24. The most important sex organ is the brain.

25. No-one is in charge of your happiness but you.

26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words, ’In five years, will this matter ?'

27. Always choose life.

28. Forgive everyone everything.

29. What other people think of you is none of your business.

30. Time heals almost everything. Give time.

31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.

32. Don't take yourself so seriously. No-one else does.

33. Believe in miracles.

34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.

35. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.

36. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.

37. Your children get only one childhood.

38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.

39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.

40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we’d grab ours back.

41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.

42. The best is yet to come.

43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.

44. Yield.

45. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
VJ ladies I am typing with tears in my eyes. Hubby and I had a huge fight abt my finances. I am in a lot of debt and I tried to hide it from him. he found out. I dont feel that I should tell him abt them cuz they are NOT his debt. He says he cannot trust me cuz I hide these stuff from him. He cannot help me cuz I make way more than him.

What a coincidence that this happened cuz I see that u ladies are talking abt money and finances!

ETA: if there are any grammatical errors I am sorry. There are tears in my eyes

Awww 1luv I know I'm late so hopefully by now things have been resolved. Weren't we just talking bout that free credit commercial. I see he feels like the guy singing...LOL No that is not funny but I hope that made you smile and if not I'm sorry...Well in a relationship most people have baggage and he should be happy its not a million kids but hopefully the two of you will learn to work it out. Maybe with two incomes even though he doesn’t make as much as you he can help pay some of the bills and you can focus on clearing up some of your debt. I feel yuh pain I'm in A LOT of debt too.When I think about its crazy. I can never seem to send in a little extra to help get those bills down but I damn sure can afford a ticket to JA. Whoo I guess what a woman won’t do but anyone sorry we talking bout you not me but Like I said see if he can help with the bills and you can work on the debt. That is what marriage is all about working together. I’m sure what he said was out of anger so try not to let it bother you. If you haven’t readdressed the issue try again when you think the two of you have calmed down. ((((((((Hugs)))))))

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Good Morning Everyone!

Hope you all had a nice weekend... the weather here was Perfect! We had a surprise party for Louis... and he was soooo surprised! It was great!!!

On another note... I keep checking the USCIS website to see if we have been "touched" and nothing since May 13th! Its killing me! Louis got his EAD and AP and then we got a NOA about transferring to CSC and now nothing! To me it seems like this is taking too long. When I read the USCIS timelines I don't really understand what it means.

Do you all think this is normal?

Thanks... and have a great MOnday!

(L) Irie

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey ladies :)

Happy Monday morning!!!!

Lately I have been soooo homesick for Jamaica. I went from going there every 6 weeks or so, spending months there over the summers, every holiday for about 3 plus years....to....not going there much at all.

We really just cant afford it for the two of us. :(

Im sure yall know how I am feeling.

On another note, hubby and I are doing GREAT and to all you ladies still waiting... KEEP YOUR CHIN UP!!

These other ladies here can tell you that I had one HECK of a time waiting...but in the end it was worth it, Looking back, I am so thankful that the wait time caused em to learn so much more about where my husband came from :) So- even though this time stinks and you think you cant make it and that you are going crazy...take advantage of it!

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline
your welcome 1luv any time mi friend dem still a laugh aftah mi cause I still cut coupons...mi no business sometimes I save as much as $15.00 (especially) on double coupon days.

I don't buy anything unless it's on sale. When I bought my first car I was 19 and I haggled until I got the financing and monthly payments I wanted. I've done that several times and won! Same thing when I bought my first house, I did my research and then the mortgage company still tried to stiff me all I said was NEXT! -- do the same thing with banks, if they don't want to work with you, keep it moving...banking fees can get VERY expensive. I also buy clothing and shoes off season. Another thing my friends and I use to do back in the day was go to dry cleaners and asked if they had any plus size clothing that people didn't pick up and if they're willing to sell it to us...the designer suits we were sporting were until. I paid anywhere from $10 - $20 per suit. They were just glad to get rid of them.

I love the show House Swap and this past Friday they had a wife on their that reminds me of you Lawny. She too was a huge saver. She only bought items on sale and if she had a coupon for them. In her basement she had groceries and shampoos that she stocked up on them because she didn’t need them yet but she bought them due to sales and coupons. I think every time she went to the store she spent no more than 10-30 dollars on 80-120 worth of groceries. She too knew how to shop. I said I need to take notes because I’m sure I can learn to cut some corners on something’s. Of course the wife she swapped with was the complete opposite. She had no budget loved to entertain and bought a SUV that put her in debt. It was interesting to watch.

Timeline
Irie - I think, from seeing others timelines that you are normal -

Shrewdie, so happy to hear you are doing well!

I just made my plans for next weekend!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

machel_radiocity_jun13_ft.jpg

Thanks Sus :)

Its about time I can hear that! hahahaha

how are you?

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline
pics....

Thanks for the pics!! Makes me feel like I'm right there again soaking my toes in that warm water.

good morning ladies. hope everyone has a great Monday... how was every ones weekend?

mawnin'

monday MUST be better than this weekend- lolz

i worked 9-8 Thursday and Friday, 9-9 Saturday, and 9-6 yesterday

:wacko:

gotta make hay while the sun is shining!

i cant believe that D's interview is coming soon- i get butterflies thinking about it

nervous-excited- nervous- excited and repeatnormal right?

*this is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it*

enjoy your day today ladies

LOL - yes Just, that's normal!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

morning yardies

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline
Thanks Sus :)

Its about time I can hear that! hahahaha

how are you?

I am good, Shrewdie! It is past time for you to hear that - The way I look at it, you two went through so much drama to get him here - you should be living high on clouds in a stressfree life!!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Hey Mich..where the heck have u been

KK ..poor yuh...LOL..the passes allows us to go to the beaches and pools here..

Finesse not sure of ur question exactly...but can ur hubby be in JA for testing 600 is a plane ticket...sometimes the DNA test gets done if the fathers particulars are added sometime after the child is born...

for 401ks I thought once ur married for ur spouse not to be the beneficiary he/she would have to sign a waiver and given to ur employer?

prenup ting...hmmmm--my take

I've been here peeping. lol I actually have been patiently waiting for Ray's EAD/AP but it seems like USCIS went on vacation. Everything good with you?

Our AOS was just about a month after biometrics. You are right on schedule. Hang in there, Shell.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
good morning ladies. hope everyone has a great Monday... how was every ones weekend?

mawnin'

monday MUST be better than this weekend- lolz

i worked 9-8 Thursday and Friday, 9-9 Saturday, and 9-6 yesterday

:wacko:

gotta make hay while the sun is shining!

i cant believe that D's interview is coming soon- i get butterflies thinking about it

nervous-excited- nervous- excited and repeat

normal right?

*this is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it*

enjoy your day today ladies

Completely normal, A.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
A little morning wisdom:

Written By Regina Brett, 90 years old, of The Plain Dealer, Cleveland, Ohio.

"To celebrate growing older, I once wrote the 45 lessons life taught me. It is the most-requested column I've ever written. My odometer rolled over to 90 in August, so here is the column once more:

1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.

2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.

3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone...

4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.

5. Pay off your credit cards every month.

6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.

7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.

8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.

9. Save for retirement starting with your first pay cheque.

10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.

11. Make peace with your past - so it won't screw up the present.

12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.

13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.

14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.

15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry - God never blinks.

16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.

17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.

18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.

19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no-one else.

20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.

21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.

22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.

23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.

24. The most important sex organ is the brain.

25. No-one is in charge of your happiness but you.

26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words, 'In five years, will this matter ?'

27. Always choose life.

28. Forgive everyone everything.

29. What other people think of you is none of your business.

30. Time heals almost everything. Give time.

31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.

32. Don't take yourself so seriously. No-one else does.

33. Believe in miracles.

34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.

35. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.

36. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.

37. Your children get only one childhood.

38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.

39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.

40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.

41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.

42. The best is yet to come.

43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.

44. Yield.

45. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.

Thanks, Sus. I heard this on the radio this morning and I was going to look it up through a local radio station's web site. You saved me the trouble.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.