SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part15)

6,679 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Why do I have the heater on...in June!!!!!!!

space heater

I had a/c blasting Tuesday. Opened windows Wednesday. Turned on heat yesterday. This weather is killing me. Make up it's damn mind already!!!!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Hello Everyone! Hope you all are doing great and wonderful!

There is no way for me to catch up with all the happenings.

Things are going well up here in Sunny Maine! Louis' birthday is Sunday, surprise party for him tomorrow! YAY! He has no idea! Then Reggae on Sunday! I am sooooo happy it is Friday.

Louis' is working 2 jobs, he likes them.. Local Garden Center and Hardware store... I am so proud he got 2 jobs within a month of getting his EAD!

Now we are just waiting on the GC... case was transferred to CSC got touched a couple times and now nothing... I hate waiting.

So someone should give me a quick recap of whats going on with everyone. I will try to pop on more often.. Thanks Lawny for getting me here.. :D

My job has been crazy busy (too bad I dont get a nice raise)!! Wishful thinking.....

.....Irie

Nice to hear from you Cat!!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

I don't know if ya'll saw the thread about too many Co-Sponsors, but it has me stressing over money...

I was reading the thread by Valsu about his wife being in prison because he did not have the money to file for AOS...

My SO no longer has his job :(

He is looking but ya'll know how it is...

So now the money for the K1 is going to be all on me, as well as the AOS fees since he will not be able to save like we discussed...

I make good money, but my expenses are high and most months it is paycheck to paycheck. I was saving 100 a month for the K1 and was ok there... I guess if I keep up the $100 a month savings we will be okay...

I am just freaking about the money...

:crying:

This process noh easy at all... :no:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I don't know if ya'll saw the thread about too many Co-Sponsors, but it has me stressing over money...

I was reading the thread by Valsu about his wife being in prison because he did not have the money to file for AOS...

So now the money for the K1 is going to be all on me, as well as the AOS fees since he will not be able to save like we discussed...

I make good money, but my expenses are high and most months it is paycheck to paycheck. I was saving 100 a month for the K1 and was ok there... I guess if I keep up the $100 a month savings we will be okay...

no, it isnt!

Somehow we always had the money, God will provide!

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

I feel you! It looks like a make pretty good money on paper... But just when Louis got here, they cut everyone's pay at my company. Somehow we have made it work. I got sooooo much help from my family. Its a good thing they all like Louis! :-). For wedding presents my friends all gave money. They know what we are going through and that helped with AOS.

I stress every day about money! I am not good with it at all. We are making a budget this weekend. It is so hard! I wish Louis could take it all over but he isnt comfortable with that just yet.

Try not to let it get to you too much, stress can make everything else in your life bad! Don't freak out. It will work out! Saving $100 a month is pretty good to me! :thumbs:

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I understand where you are coming from when i figured i was going to do it i already looked at it as doing it by myself cause after my so sends me 6000 ja dollars what is that U.S? not much at all all i can that it is a long time btwn the NO1 & AOS from the looks of it you just filed ur 129 just like me i dont we have anything to worry about until like Aug

** I been to hell and back but the key words is I'm back thanks to the grace of god! **

Love...Live...Life... (It's is better to have loved than to have never loved at all)

4/9/09 - Sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center via USPS

4/10/09 - VSC received packet

4/13/09- VSC opened package

4/15/09- VSC mailed NOA1

4/17/09- VSC cashed check

4/17/09-NOA1 online

4/20/09-NOA1 hard copy

4/20/09-Touched

4/20/09- now we wait...

8/27/09- touched

8/31/09- approved!!

9/4/09- letter saying they mailed info to kingston

11/16/09 sent DS230 via email

11/18/09 rec email stating interview was scheduled for Dec

11/19/09 sent email asking what day in Dec and they responded Dec 8th!!!!! 2WEEKS

11/20/09 rescheduled to Dec 22 my preference date

12/22/09 Went to JA 12/9 and di ting is postponed until mi kno it's right!!! mi nah rush into nothing mi rather wait forever and kno everyting proper and sort out then rush and bawl lata... Mi kno when mi ting ah happen it ah happen RIGHT suh fah now mi ah wait likkle more...

DSC02522-1.jpgDSC02523-1.jpg

Timeline

Thanks IrieCat :yes:

Nice to meet you by the way :D:thumbs:

I am not good with money either, he knows this, I tell him all the time when he gets here he is taking over and I get an allowance :lol:

I am working out the budget... I know I can do it, and I agree God provides....

His horoscope this morning said:

CAPRICORN December 21-January 19

Hunker down and fulfill obligations because you’ll be moving on to greener pastures. September is your watershed month and it’s just around the corner.

((((September)))) :pray:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
u is a wicked, wicked oomman.... :crying:

Those weren't wicked -I could be really bad and use something like this....

2ohoty1.gif

Poor guy only has one testicle.

It that's what's up....It hought it was the woman swinging on his :devil:

Hey everyone!! Ya'lls smilies are making my day

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Timeline
I understand where you are coming from when i figured i was going to do it i already looked at it as doing it by myself cause after my so sends me 6000 ja dollars what is that U.S? not much at all all i can that it is a long time btwn the NO1 & AOS from the looks of it you just filed ur 129 just like me i dont we have anything to worry about until like Aug

Our plan was that I would pay the fee for filing the I129-f and he would take care of the things on his side, medical and police cert and any other expense on his end.... but if he does not find a job.... well then it's on me... he made pretty good money for JA standards, that is when the man ACTUALLY PAID HIM :angry:

I think he has all his shots, and he already applied for his passport, so hopefully the other expenses won't be too much....

how much is the police cert anyway? :blink:

I should have let him get it last month when he wanted to :bonk:

Timeline

Such is life. Don't worry. Just take it day to day. It will work itself out.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Our plan was that I would pay the fee for filing the I129-f and he would take care of the things on his side, medical and police cert and any other expense on his end.... but if he does not find a job.... well then it's on me... he made pretty good money for JA standards, that is when the man ACTUALLY PAID HIM :angry:

I think he has all his shots, and he already applied for his passport, so hopefully the other expenses won't be too much....

how much is the police cert anyway? :blink:

I should have let him get it last month when he wanted to :bonk:

The police certificate isn't bad like $25.00 or something like that but the Non-Impediment form....$$$$$ around 100.00 US for a stinkin piece of paper!

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline
Ok...hubby complained last weekend about being bored. So, I told him to think of something for us to do this weekend. Guess what his suggestion is - HORSEBACK RIDING!!!! WTH? I keep picturing us riding horses in the middle of DC :help: .

Hi IrieCat. Nice seeing you around.

Awweee Shemmy that is sweet, where do you go in DC to Horseback is it a privately owned space where you can ride and take pics?

We have some bootleg North Philly Horseman that just take you riding in the hood LOL

HI Irie Cat ( Waving)

:rofl: You know Philly but I hate when they have those horses riding on that hot pavement.

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

Timeline

Thanks dillon! :thumbs:

Everything coming together for the wedding??

I feel I was a bit insensitive when you were stressing a few weeks back :blush: forgive me :blush:

Sometimes it's hard to see past your own issues :no:

I hope all is well, and I hope you will share some pictures after!! :wub:

How is your daughter looking forward to it? Is she being helpful, is she nervous??

smiley-hug012.gif

Edited by JAPrincess

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.