SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part15)

6,679 posts in this topic

I am so happy after waiting 7 weeks and countless phone calls to various divisions of the USCIS we finally recvd his Welcome letter to the US yesterday! We should recv the Green Card within 10 days! If not I have the name and # of the Supervisor I worked with to sort this all out. This is right on time because we just got a lead for a job last night from a good friend of mine. My Hubby is a mechanic by trade and wants to eventually open his own garage so they need someone to start immediately so he is going out check it out today.

Lawny I did heed your warning and he will not work until we have the SSN # in hand :D and he has all the documentation :yes: I refuse to be in some mix up!

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
sus; u feel any better

Why you keep asking me, lol - I have felt fine since Tues....

:rofl::rofl:

Nat; mi slow, sus tek weh mi kahfee

Mi nah touch yu kahfee - yuh douse yuh kahfee with firewata mek yuh Hiez-haad!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: Timeline
Tre, Joel has sign the pre-nup, alot of it states that All assest that we each had aquired before our marriage would not be considered if there was a divorce. He has agreed that the beneficary of my life insurance policies will stay as they are, my child. If we want we can aquire additional ones and make each other beneficaries. My 401 and all of my partnership with the family business will not be included in any divorce proceedings.

That's good Roxie. I also had my husband sign paperwork to show that my son will be the sole beneficary of my life insurance policy and a few of my accounts.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: I agree whole heartly.... My husband agreed to sign a pre-nup, and had no problem with it.

Roxcie, how did you get it done. Was your husband still in ja when he signed or was he here? Did he have his own lawyer review it? There is so much red tape to make sure it's done correctly to protect both parties (especially in immigration circumstances). I would love to learn from your experience...if you wouldn't mind please pm me or send me an email (J2Aoasis@yahoo.com). Sorry not on FB or anything like that.

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: I agree whole heartly.... My husband agreed to sign a pre-nup, and had no problem with it.

Roxcie, how did you get it done. Was your husband still in ja when he signed or was he here? Did he have his own lawyer review it? There is so much red tape to make sure it's done correctly to protect both parties (especially in immigration circumstances). I would love to learn from your experience...if you wouldn't mind please pm me or send me an email (J2Aoasis@yahoo.com). Sorry not on FB or anything like that.

He was in Jamiaca, and we did hire a lawyer to review it. There are things that could not be protected, such as your future earniongs. But as of the day of the marriage what I had aquired in my 401 can not ne included in a divorce.

Edited by RoxcieJoe

Mi nah touch yu kahfee - yuh douse yuh kahfee with firewata mek yuh Hiez-haad!

but sus, u nuh easy... you know what I mix up sometimes...and dont' laugh

DISCLAIMER: mi no know wah dem call eeh, so try at unu own dead-trament/risk

1 - cup blue mountain coffee (mek sure it draw trang)

1 (shot) white rum

1 red bull

1 teaspoon a strawberry syrup

If you man deh anywhere near u...tell im fi RUN!

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Joel has property and land in Ja, that I can not touch, unless we have been married more than 10 years. He can not touch my house unless we have been married more than 10 years.

Joel has property and land in Ja, that I can not touch, unless we have been married more than 10 years. He can not touch my house unless we have been married more than 10 years.

did ya'll write it that way or is it property land. My dad's will is written that way (kind of)...his land and property must stay in the family a major reason why I didn't take my husband's name. My last name is tied to too many things in Jamaica.

tep aff a mi name

did ya'll write it that way or is it property land. My dad's will is written that way (kind of)...his land and property must stay in the family a major reason why I didn't take my husband's name. My last name is tied to too many things in Jamaica.

Tre, it's both a piece of property and the land is separate. I can't touch it in a div proceeding unless we have been married 10 years or more.

Tre, it's both a piece of property and the land is separate. I can't touch it in a div proceeding unless we have been married 10 years or more.

Okay, the appleton is really kicking in...I meant to type "FAMILY LAND/property"...I'm so gone for the day.

tep aff a mi name

Okay, the appleton is really kicking in...I meant to type "FAMILY LAND/property"...I'm so gone for the day.

Tre, no it's not Family Land...Joel has been guided by an older gentlemen that took an intrest in him when he was a young teenager, who taught him how to invest, so he saved up his money and brought this piece of land. It is on a hill side and it over looks the ocean. His property was left to him by this gentleman, it is a house that was left to him and 3 other indiviuals. They have divided it up into 6 seperate living spaces. It like 6 condo's.

When he first told me he had land, I called him a lier, I was proven wrong by him. I still cringe when I think about our conversation that day.

Edited by RoxcieJoe

Tre, no it's not Family Land...Joel has been guided by an older gentlemen that took an intrest in him when he was a young teenager, who taught him how to invest, so he saved up his money and brought this piece of land. It is on a hill side and it over looks the ocean. His property was left to him by this gentleman, it is a house that was left to him and 3 other indiviuals. They have divided it up into 6 seperate living spaces. It like 6 condo's.

When he first told me he had land, I called him a lier, I was proven wrong by him. I still cringe when I think about our conversation that day.

Okay.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Ok. That's what I was thinking 10 years.

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok...hubby complained last weekend about being bored. So, I told him to think of something for us to do this weekend. Guess what his suggestion is - HORSEBACK RIDING!!!! WTH? I keep picturing us riding horses in the middle of DC :help: .

Hi IrieCat. Nice seeing you around.

Ok...hubby complained last weekend about being bored. So, I told him to think of something for us to do this weekend. Guess what his suggestion is - HORSEBACK RIDING!!!! WTH? I keep picturing us riding horses in the middle of DC :help: .

lollllllllllll lawd mi belly, mi back, I'm over hear cracking up...Shemmy -- can you hear me laughing...I want to see that -- heck I'll pay to see that

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.