SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part15)

6,679 posts in this topic

Yay! I got to watch Rising Stars. It cut off when they were showing the Top 10 at the end & giving the numbers to call/text to vote. But God was looking out for me, cause it cut off in the middle of #7. Steven's sister was #6 (vote! 876-444-5506). Turns out she's performing as Princess Tiana now (previously performed under the name Princess Tia).

The video from TVJ comes across clearly, but the audio could use a lot of improvement.

Edited To Add: What's up with death announcements coming on TV in Jamaica??? This would be depressing.

LOL Nat @ What's up with death announcements coming on TV in Jamaica??? that has been happening as far back as I can remember. You are right it is depressing...... I'm gonna look out for Princess Tiana, I missed it last night dang with all the household drama! I'll catch the rerun. :thumbs:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Yay! I got to watch Rising Stars. It cut off when they were showing the Top 10 at the end & giving the numbers to call/text to vote. But God was looking out for me, cause it cut off in the middle of #7. Steven's sister was #6 (vote! 876-444-5506). Turns out she's performing as Princess Tiana now (previously performed under the name Princess Tia).

The video from TVJ comes across clearly, but the audio could use a lot of improvement.

Edited To Add: What's up with death announcements coming on TV in Jamaica??? This would be depressing.

LOL Nat @ What's up with death announcements coming on TV in Jamaica??? that has been happening as far back as I can remember. You are right it is depressing...... I'm gonna look out for Princess Tiana, I missed it last night dang with all the household drama! I'll catch the rerun. :thumbs:

I was about to say the same thing. I guess we use to it, so we don't pay it no mind.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello Good Morning Ladies,

well let me tell yall about a convo that pissed me off yesterday well im speaking to Jay and then i start speaking to his friend that i met before in feb when i met him he was talking to me telling me how he is so in love with his fiance and his fiance is filing for him all this hoopla i thought he was soooo sweet, then when i went to visit in apr me and Jay is at a football game and who i see hugged up with sum random tourist... i knew it was not his fiance that he spoke of because of the way he was acting when i seen him, i went to speak to him and i was going to say oh this is your fiance but from the vibe i caught i did not. so okay im speaking to him yesterday and he is like im lonely i need a friend can you hook me up with somebody you know they don't have to be pretty or young so im like this MOFO i feel bad for whoever is his fiance! I was pissed off and told him to give the phone back to Jay mind you Jay called me on his phone which he had international credits last time he told me he was nervous about coming to america because he have no friends or family up here!!! this whole thing is really pissing me off and making me feel a certain type of way towards everyone including Jay!!! That whole thing really turned me off!!!!

** I been to hell and back but the key words is I'm back thanks to the grace of god! **

Love...Live...Life... (It's is better to have loved than to have never loved at all)

4/9/09 - Sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center via USPS

4/10/09 - VSC received packet

4/13/09- VSC opened package

4/15/09- VSC mailed NOA1

4/17/09- VSC cashed check

4/17/09-NOA1 online

4/20/09-NOA1 hard copy

4/20/09-Touched

4/20/09- now we wait...

8/27/09- touched

8/31/09- approved!!

9/4/09- letter saying they mailed info to kingston

11/16/09 sent DS230 via email

11/18/09 rec email stating interview was scheduled for Dec

11/19/09 sent email asking what day in Dec and they responded Dec 8th!!!!! 2WEEKS

11/20/09 rescheduled to Dec 22 my preference date

12/22/09 Went to JA 12/9 and di ting is postponed until mi kno it's right!!! mi nah rush into nothing mi rather wait forever and kno everyting proper and sort out then rush and bawl lata... Mi kno when mi ting ah happen it ah happen RIGHT suh fah now mi ah wait likkle more...

DSC02522-1.jpgDSC02523-1.jpg

Good morning everyone ! Hope everyone has a wonderful friday.. My daughter is graduating from the 5th grade today..

Congrats MY2 enjoy the graduation. Are you throwing her a party afterwards?

For some reason, I am not seeing my pic in my post, so here we go again, lol

tgif.jpg

tgif.jpg

TGIF.jpg

Thanks Sus these are sooooo cute, I needed that smile :thumbs:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
We also have seperate finances - we each have our own bank accounts and pay seperate bills i.e. he pays the phone, cable and internet , car note and I pay most of the rent, gas, insurance and electric. We have a joint account for savings and checking for entertainment, gym fees, etc. This works for us so we can both have control.

yea that's similar to what i've been discussing with hubby

i'm trying to save enough money from here

so when i go up in the first couple months with no job i won't be too much of a burden

even though he insists i won't be

i want to be able to contribute to something till i find a job

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
i was reading a thread from 07 where a former adjudicator was explaining how it was in his time

he said he took like 15 mins to go through and approve a file

i was like :wacko: we wait 6 mths for someone to spend 15 mins on a file!

i have a feeling you will get through soon though nat. i'm praying for you

I read that. It was quite enlightening, if a but upsetting. To think that your file sits on a shelf for a zillion months, then once someone finally picks it up to look at it, they're done in 15 minutes.

I asked Steven why her name was Princess Tiana on the show. He said the lady who types up their names first typed Princess Tina for her. She corrected the lady: Princess Tia. But when the show aired, the name was put as Princess Tiana. I hope they correct it, as she's been going by Princess Tia as her performing name for years now.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

well let me tell yall about a convo that pissed me off yesterday well im speaking to Jay and then i start speaking to his friend that i met before in feb when i met him he was talking to me telling me how he is so in love with his fiance and his fiance is filing for him all this hoopla i thought he was soooo sweet, then when i went to visit in apr me and Jay is at a football game and who i see hugged up with sum random tourist... i knew it was not his fiance that he spoke of because of the way he was acting when i seen him, i went to speak to him and i was going to say oh this is your fiance but from the vibe i caught i did not. so okay im speaking to him yesterday and he is like im lonely i need a friend can you hook me up with somebody you know they don't have to be pretty or young so im like this MOFO i feel bad for whoever is his fiance! I was pissed off and told him to give the phone back to Jay mind you Jay called me on his phone which he had international credits last time

he told me he was nervous about coming to america because he have no friends or family up here!!!
this whole thing is really pissing me off and making me feel a certain type of way towards everyone including Jay!!! That whole thing really turned me off!!!!

STRANGE!!!!!

Timeline

newly that kind of story definitely makes you want to choke a badman. Argh!

I went to work today, but was feeling drowsy from sneezing so much, so I called my team lead (in Ecuador) to tell him I needed to go home, take medicine, & sleep it off. Bout to head to ZZzzzzzz-land now.

November 19, 2007 - Met

Timeline
... mind you Jay called me on his phone which he had international credits last time he told me he was nervous about coming to america because he have no friends or family up here!!! this whole thing is really pissing me off and making me feel a certain type of way towards everyone including Jay!!! That whole thing really turned me off!!!!

I think that what Jay said is very valid. I think anyone would be nervous moving anywhere far away from their family & friends. For some people it's harder than others. When I went to school in Oklahoma, I didn't know anyone up there. Then when I moved to Houston, I only had one aunt here. But I don't need much physical social interaction to feel comfortable - that's what the phone & internet are for. Others I know would go crazy not being able to see their family/friends regularly.

November 19, 2007 - Met

well let me tell yall about a convo that pissed me off yesterday well im speaking to Jay and then i start speaking to his friend that i met before in feb when i met him he was talking to me telling me how he is so in love with his fiance and his fiance is filing for him all this hoopla i thought he was soooo sweet, then when i went to visit in apr me and Jay is at a football game and who i see hugged up with sum random tourist... i knew it was not his fiance that he spoke of because of the way he was acting when i seen him, i went to speak to him and i was going to say oh this is your fiance but from the vibe i caught i did not. so okay im speaking to him yesterday and he is like im lonely i need a friend can you hook me up with somebody you know they don't have to be pretty or young so im like this MOFO i feel bad for whoever is his fiance! I was pissed off and told him to give the phone back to Jay mind you Jay called me on his phone which he had international credits last time he told me he was nervous about coming to america because he have no friends or family up here!!! this whole thing is really pissing me off and making me feel a certain type of way towards everyone including Jay!!! That whole thing really turned me off!!!!

newly; you need to check Jay real quick...let him know you not cool with this....and why the hell is he giving his friend the phone to talk to you...cho, I'd be pissed too....tell di friend fi go situng one side ar fi go dead a bush...better yet, tell im fi GO DEAD A BUSH

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Morning, Ladies

My2, congrats to your daughter!

1luv (F)

Now I am a firm believer of keeping finances separate ...

Why, if you don't mind sharing?

Nat, it’s a lot of individualization involved but I guess it has a lot to do with the fact that I am quite the pessimist and am always preparing for the worst. Going through law school taking courses in Wills and Trusts didn’t help. When I finally began to understand the divisional aspects of divorce (even with the existence of a pre/post numpt) it scared the begeezus out of me, so much that I am so afraid of marriage at this point in my life and it is one of the reasons I have been putting it off. I have witnessed divorces where one spouse made more than the other (surprisingly, it was not always the man). I make a good enough salary and so my chances of marrying someone making less than I do I see as almost a given. Also I am a saver and an investor and probably will have more assets so in a divorce it is more likely that I would be paying palimony unless I can establish that the ex is not so financially dependant on me. I have children and my primary goal is always first to secure their future, it’s what I have worked so hard and persevered through odds for. I am dreaded of the possibility of having to take away from them because I would have to take care of someone else that is otherwise healthy and therefore can care for themselves. (Shoot, I have worked 3 jobs and walked 4 miles to and from work to live and get the bills paid.) Then there is also the child support issue. I would flip if someone came after me when I never even sought child support from my own BD and that is a shared responsibility. I have learned that when it comes to personal finances because the arrangements are so much considered in the courts like a business partnership, for my circumstances it is best to keep them separated. Now for daily household items, cable, furniture, items acquired during the marriage, etc. that’s shared. But we will have his car in his name, my car in my name, credit card in his name, mine in my name, taxes filed separately, etc. So I guess it boils down to, for me in case of a divorce, I am finding it’s the only way I can protect my children future inheritance in the absence of a pre-numpt.

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good morning everyone ! Hope everyone has a wonderful friday.. My daughter is graduating from the 5th grade today..

Congrats MY2 enjoy the graduation. Are you throwing her a party afterwards?

unfortunately i have to work so im leaving work for the ceromony but i have to return afterward but i will do something with her the weekend after her girl scouts bridging ceremony sunday

For some reason, I am not seeing my pic in my post, so here we go again, lol

tgif.jpg

tgif.jpg

TGIF.jpg

Thanks Sus these are sooooo cute, I needed that smile :thumbs:

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

sus; u feel any better

tep aff a mi name

I found it strange because, what I found out and heard from most Jamaican, in talking with them is that they know someone who has moved to the US or UK, be it family or friend.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
We also have seperate finances - we each have our own bank accounts and pay seperate bills i.e. he pays the phone, cable and internet , car note and I pay most of the rent, gas, insurance and electric. We have a joint account for savings and checking for entertainment, gym fees, etc. This works for us so we can both have control.

Shemmy, I like this approach. :thumbs:

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.