SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part15)

6,679 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
That is the Federal Law in every state for Child Support

Here u get to sue the dad no matter what. So what if he doesn't have a job he still has to pay something and then they give him a certain amount of time to get a job. If not he gets locked up, his driver's license can be revoked and it goes on his credit. He sits in jail for a while and then they let him out to find a job and if not well back to the slammer buddy…

If you take him back to court, the Judge will enforce it.

I have issues with this and maybe because I don't have kids...but I've seen it done to other people. Actually a mother. See in Florida in order to get any public benefits..insurance/welfare for child you are caring you. You must file child support on the parents.

I just don't see how locking them up, revoking his/her driver's license is even going to "help" (using that word loosely) get a job. It's like a lost cause. Now they have a record...and can't drive to work...which means the likelihood of them finding a new one is going to be harder. So they already aren't paying..I'm sure they are not worried about no credit score.

Then the effect on the child...I mean now are they really going to try to be in their life now. Shoot...they will be in jail half the time.

There has just to be a better way to enforce child support.

Just my view on it. I admit it might be because I haven't experienced this.

KK, that's just a few of the things they can do. They can get around that if the get a job that requires them to have a driver's license. This is all about responsbility and accoutability. I use to help out at a pro bono office and I saw plenty of fathers there trying to collect support; one guy had 4 girls to support, the mother just have them, then runs off...I just shook my head;

you know if you married and file jointly and both of you get $$$$$$$ FAT REFUND and he owes child support, neither one of you will any of that tax refund;

kk the list goes on

My kids father and his wife got around this by filing seperate and she files for his twins on her tax return so he usually get no return ( cause the first time he filed after our child support was set i got it all) .

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
So it boils down to making the mother/father who didn't pay face a punshiment. Okay fine. But the whole objective of supporting the child financially is thrown out the window. I'm so not saying there shouldn't be any punishment. But I'm looking at more of the objective..here. The single mother/father needs the financial help too.

Question: After the child reaches 18 yrs is back child support still required?

I think so but once they reach 18 doesnt the money go directly to the child? Also if the child goes to school doesnt the parent have to continue paying until 21??

No the money still goes to the parent because that money the custodial parent was supposed to receive to care for the child

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

philly, u TRYING to whoop ur kids remind me of my mom.. after a certain age i REFUSED to cry.. she would hit and hit and hit and i just sit there like Denzel Washington in Glory.. LMAO.. i wasn't gonna give her the satisfaction to see me cry and when she get thru i go shrug my shoulders.. she was sooooo mad.. man.. i know what go thru them kids heads.. mi badmind still wid me LOL

LOL Quanna @ i just sit there like Denzel Washington in Glory. Thats exactly what they are doing!!!! :blink:

Umph so what is about my mom that till this day I'm still scared of that woman. I knew how crazy she was so I made sure I dropped a tear. My mom was the type that anything in sight came to the fight. She would hit with shoes, hangers, belts, extension cords, wooden spoons, brooms you named it she grabbed and I guess I’m the same way. I hope my kids get to a point where I won’t have to lick dem pon de head but I know I would be just like my mom and grab the first thing in site. Philly u got them cast iron pans you should use them girl. Lick em pon de head so hard he be singing ding ding dong. Ding ding ding ding dong....

LMAO and you know I have a whole collection of cast iron pots and pans :rofl: don't give me no ideas haaaaa

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Ok Night Ladies, I am going home to my Hubby!

My Mom snatched up the kids after she heard about the foolishness today and now is making them wash all the animals at her house :yes:

Hubby is home trying to snake out the new cat:sleepy: from under the bed he wont come out except to use the liter box and eat LOL. He is determined to make him come out and play! :rofl:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
i did sooo good for 2 years.. when those credit cards would come.. i would throw it away.. i said, if i can't buy it, i don't need it.. but w/ my second child.. i stopped working.. her rass put me THROUGH and still FACETY!!! but i got a credit card and went hog wild!!

philly, u TRYING to whoop ur kids remind me of my mom.. after a certain age i REFUSED to cry.. she would hit and hit and hit and i just sit there like Denzel Washington in Glory.. LMAO.. i wasn't gonna give her the satisfaction to see me cry and when she get thru i go shrug my shoulders.. she was sooooo mad.. man.. i know what go thru them kids heads.. mi badmind still wid me LOL

Umph so what is about my mom that till this day I'm still scared of that woman. I knew how crazy she was so I made sure I dropped a tear. My mom was the type that anything in sight came to the fight. She would hit with shoes, hangers, belts, extension cords, wooden spoons, brooms you named it she grabbed and I guess I’m the same way. I hope my kids get to a point where I won’t have to lick dem pon de head but I know I would be just like my mom and grab the first thing in site. Philly u got them cast iron pans you should use them girl. Lick em pon de head so hard he be singing ding ding dong. Ding ding ding ding dong....

:rofl: Dada :rofl: Woooooooh. :rofl: You are going to have my girl in jail messin' with those boys if she hit one of them on the head. Shoot, they probably already got social service on hold the way they play these days. You hear Lawny niece trying to set her up. But I bet you, you do it and they won't even think about trying it again. :rofl::bonk:

Philly make them clean. I have live in cleaning service every time one of them do something bad enough. Taking their precious things away don't work with my kids. They are like how I was...they are cool just being in their room doing nothing. But make them clean...oh man, I can't even beat them to get those tears...lazy rass kids.

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

Timeline

Some very intelligent person decided to paint the townhouse next to mine without opening and doors or windows and now my house smells of paint fumes and is giving me a headache (DESPITE THE FACT I HAVE OPENED ALL MY DOORS AND WINDOWS).

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline
Ladies - please, please be careful saying the father (donor) is absent. They rejected my daughter's application 3 times and I work here :o . My daughter was 16 but was 15 when I submitted the application...it was a mess. They are cracking down on children's passports.

I guess it all for the best interest of the children...and pain in the baxide (word of the day) for the parent.

I agree KK, and we actually have had an OKAY relationship the past 3 years we've been separated... but it's getting worse now that I am engaged. I think he thought I would come back one day :wacko: and he is finally realizing that ain't happening :no:

bwoy.. they chat bout crazy baby mama's but these baby daddy's are something else.. i do feel sorry for them tho.. i would hate to still want someone that doesnt want me.. :blush:

my ex husband, the donor, is a super jerk.. The bum does not work so he will not have to pay me child support and the system here lets him get away with it..

Damn let that be in NY....his behind would have been in jail for not paying that ish.....he got it good where u at

All i got to say is APF that book had me blushing!!!

APF was tooo crazy..... :whistle:

Another minute of silence, then "Your file is where it's supposed to be." What??? :wacko: That's so ambiguous. She said call back June 24 if I don't hear anything, but I should hear something soon.

I'll call back in a few minutes to see what the next person says, as Shemmy recommended.

What kind of help was that....... :bonk:

Now we are working on when I am going to fly down to get him. He graduates July 1st from 6th grade so I'm trying to get there for that so I can at least take photos and videos for his MIA parents.

That should be nice......he's gonna be all smiles when u get there....u finally will get to bring him with u

It’s a shame that he gets rewarded for doing his chores I remember back my day I didn’t get rewarded for doing my chores. They were to be done right the first just because my mom said so... I tell you we spoil these kids and we get less respect in return. I always said what did I do wrong.. The things my kids do I would have never done. Now granted I wasn’t a good child buy no way possible but still I didn’t test my mom like my son test me.

Yeah its not u do this then u get a reward wit my mom it's u do this or if u tink u grown come outta mi house.....lol...times have changed

Love has no boundaries, no limitations. Love flows like a river, silent and calm, it gives us strength and shelters us from every storm.

Timeline
Some very intelligent person decided to paint the townhouse next to mine without opening and doors or windows and now my house smells of paint fumes and is giving me a headache (DESPITE THE FACT I HAVE OPENED ALL MY DOORS AND WINDOWS).

Ooooh My2, that's bad news, try to get some fresh air. Your headache could be telling you something, that's a side effect of huffing.

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

Timeline
Never heard of it. I do want to read Sista Soulja's {sp} new book. I plan to get some books to read on my vacation in Miami.

Are you speaking of Midnight KK?? If so it was just alright to me. Nothing even close to her Coldest Winter Ever...

I agree - it was good, but didn't come close to Coldest Winter - Supposedly Midnight is a character from Coldest Winter, but I can't remember him.

Has anyone read Eric Jerome Dickey? I love his books -

Dada I haven't read Midnight but I heard it was not good so I didnt bother buy the book.....just didnt compare to the Coldest Winter ever........Sus I like Eric Jerome Dickey book too been reading them since H.S.....Im reading Dying for Revenge now.

Love has no boundaries, no limitations. Love flows like a river, silent and calm, it gives us strength and shelters us from every storm.

Timeline

Ooooh My2, that's bad news, try to get some fresh air. Your headache could be telling you something, that's a side effect of huffing.

i WENT OUTSIDE FOR A FEW . I FEEL BETTER THE SMELL IS STARTING TO GO AWAY ,

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline

thats good but u should complain about it....you have kids and they can't be inhaling all dem fumes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey yall!

How is everyone doing on the lovely Thursday evening?

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Timeline

thats good but u should complain about it....you have kids and they can't be inhaling all dem fumes

YEAH I AM GOING TO TALK TO THE OFFICE ON TOMORROW. MY DAUGHTER THANKFULLY HAD GIRL SCOUTS AND MY SON HAS BEEN OUTSIDE PLAYING ...

Hey yall!

HEY PORTLAND

HEY NAT SORRY TO READ THAT YOU WERE NOT ABLE TO GET MUCH INFORMATION ....

BUT IM PRAYING YOU GET GOOD NEWS SOON.

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

mek mi tell oonuh someting..some mothers are too lax with their sons..I PHOCKIN DARE A CHILD THAT I RAISE TO STEP TO ME OR EVEN SAY THE WRONG THINGS!! MUSSI RASS MAD!!

and any woman that marries a man whos a dead beat has issues.just because.someone paying child support doesnt mean their a dead beat...also arrears doesnt either..trust dead beats should pay but the logics doesnt make sense..i'm all for out of court..

I be damned if iwould let kashi take care of my girls and not my step children..

J2..i love ur dsiclaimer..lmao...so looked like a lawyer..lol

and ohh..they can file child support on a man that is in the US from Jamaica..it may take a while but it can be done

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Hey yall!

Im fine Portland......can't wait till tmrrw.....means I am closer to the weekend....YAY

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.