SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part15)

6,679 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I had an infopass appointment today.

I wrote the experience (in great detail) in case anyone else will have one so you'll know what to expect.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=200747

Moral of the story: Be prepared to WAIT.

That is the way it is when you go to the social security building. Its like its always a whole bunch of windows and only two people who take so long between to call people up after someone has left there window.

I used to be a teller and I HATED to see people wait. I would try my best to work as quickly as possible and if I was due to go on lunch if there was a really long line I wouldn’t go. I wish everyone had my attitude.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha, Hey KK, now you gonna make me have to give a disclaimer....

Disclaimer: Please note I am in no way offering legal or expert advice. I am only responding to the post of this and other forums as a fellow vjer, where my posts are only meant to be taken as amateur in form of friendly submission regarding the question/concern as publicly presented.

For legal advice, please retain the assistance of an Attorney.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

LMAO J you know that put a smile on my face! :D

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline
Question: After the child reaches 18 yrs is back child support still required?

I'm not sure if this question was answered KK but yes the payor is still obligated to pay arrears.

Actually in Philly child support won’t stop just b/c of age you have to go down there and file for another hearing to make the stop payment adjustment. You can reason that the child has reached age of maturity but the other parent can fight to have it continue if the child is going to college (though this still only exist as a persuasive argument and is not a definite determination). I know a guy who is still paying for his daughter and she is 25 because he has not filed to stop it. Too dyamn lazy but he always complaining about them taking it out his check. :wacko:

Shoot my parents stop supporting me while I was in college. It's my attitude though...I didn't like asking them for money.

That could have been b/c of you, LOL, and it wasn't an order it was them just doing for you. :yes: My mom and stepdad were the same way. I didn't get a dime. I had to support myself with everything I did. But I had a real bad attitude. I was always the one screaming I don't need anyone...I'll do it myself because I wanted to do it my way, the right way... I can do bad by myself, etc, etc. Looking back I'm thinking I may have made my life harder than it needed to be. :bonk:

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

a general question - for those of your whose spouses are with you in the us now, how have they gone about establishing credit?

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline
i did sooo good for 2 years.. when those credit cards would come.. i would throw it away.. i said, if i can't buy it, i don't need it.. but w/ my second child.. i stopped working.. her rass put me THROUGH and still FACETY!!! but i got a credit card and went hog wild!!

philly, u TRYING to whoop ur kids remind me of my mom.. after a certain age i REFUSED to cry.. she would hit and hit and hit and i just sit there like Denzel Washington in Glory.. LMAO.. i wasn't gonna give her the satisfaction to see me cry and when she get thru i go shrug my shoulders.. she was sooooo mad.. man.. i know what go thru them kids heads.. mi badmind still wid me LOL

Umph so what is about my mom that till this day I'm still scared of that woman. I knew how crazy she was so I made sure I dropped a tear. My mom was the type that anything in sight came to the fight. She would hit with shoes, hangers, belts, extension cords, wooden spoons, brooms you named it she grabbed and I guess I’m the same way. I hope my kids get to a point where I won’t have to lick dem pon de head but I know I would be just like my mom and grab the first thing in site. Philly u got them cast iron pans you should use them girl. Lick em pon de head so hard he be singing ding ding dong. Ding ding ding ding dong....

a general question - for those of your whose spouses are with you in the us now, how have they gone about establishing credit?

I came here before they messed with the FICO scoring.

I opened an Amazaon Credit card, a Macy''s store card and a Gap credit card. My husband and I co-signed on an auto loan too. My credit is EXCELLENT!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline

I opened an Amazaon Credit card, a Macy''s store card and a Gap credit card. My husband and I co-signed on an auto loan too. My credit is EXCELLENT!

Oh just rub it in why dont you!!!!! :angry:

Timeline

Well ladies its been real but its about time for me to say good bye. I'm off 2morrow the twins are graduating from pre-school so i wont be checking in. My computers still down at home.. So I'll see yens guys on Monday!!!! Likkle More!!!

Edited by DaDa

LOL...yuh shoulda si my HENGLISH crdeit score!! Mi claat!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Hubby has one credit card...He has a really decent score right now. It's clean... As time goes by..it'll get higher. Plus the phone is in his name...lol..I know that sounds like how some parents would do with their kids. I have friends still cleaning up their parents mess on their credit..doctors bills.etc.

Good thing we had phone...cause you gotta have some bill in you name to get drivers licenses.

Timeline

lol

that's a good idea though

hopefully by the time i get there alot of this financial crisis will blow over so getting a credit card will be easier

Hubby has one credit card...He has a really decent score right now. It's clean... As time goes by..it'll get higher. Plus the phone is in his name...lol..I know that sounds like how some parents would do with their kids. I have friends still cleaning up their parents mess on their credit..doctors bills.etc.

Good thing we had phone...cause you gotta have some bill in you name to get drivers licenses.

ah i didn't even remember the phone will count towards your credit

upherebl.gif

Timeline

this thread is wild ---> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...97623&st=15

they're discussing the adjustments their significant others are making

one woman lists out a bunch of things he has to get used to and it includes peanut butter and pay phones :blink:

talk about cultural difference

upherebl.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Never heard of it. I do want to read Sista Soulja's {sp} new book. I plan to get some books to read on my vacation in Miami.

Are you speaking of Midnight KK?? If so it was just alright to me. Nothing even close to her Coldest Winter Ever...

I agree - it was good, but didn't come close to Coldest Winter - Supposedly Midnight is a character from Coldest Winter, but I can't remember him.

Has anyone read Eric Jerome Dickey? I love his books -

I read Jen Sylvania, such a pretty fat - while I was in Jamaica - I almost peed my pants laughing at it - if anyone has ever dieted / had weight issues, you can totally relate.

i love eric jerome dicky and i like zane

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello ladies how is everyone this evening just tryig to caught up on what i missed while at work

Good morning everyone . hope everyone has a great dat

my2 why in the heezzy are you up and on the PC at 4:41 in the AM???

I was up getting ready for work ...

baby, what time you have to be at work? I couldn't do it!! I have to get up at 6:30 and I'm mad at that!!

I reach work by 6:30am on most days

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.