SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part15)

6,679 posts in this topic

Philly; dat a no di wurse part; she go a school an tell dem seh mi beat ar up, so when dem call mi, mi tell dem seh, mi no see mi neice fi 6 months, so mi no know wah she a talk bout...tried to choke, spit, bax mi and mi a big ooman...since you wah act big, mi ago geh u a big ooman BAX DUNG KICK DUNG TUN OVAH BEATEN...den if u git up again, mi ago give u a powerhouse bax....so it fi go

Lawny are you serious?? She wan guh treat family like dat!!! mi sorry fi ar! She deserve exactly what yuh give ar!

well my problem is not "not paying" but paying when u can.. thats not fair, cuz i can't do that.. i have to beg, borrow and steal when my kids want something so why can't u..

but it boils down to priorities.. their daddy believes as long as they have a roof over their head and fed that they are good..

forget school trips, extracurricular activites, bday parties..

so we don't have no child support order and he he real slow about getting money for these things, meanwhile i am using ALL my money to get it done and waiting on reimbursement from him WHENEVER??

already i had to pay $150 registration fee for camp and its $600/mnth!!! his opinion?? they can stay at home..

i didn't want to hit him w/ court ordered cuz in my opinion its too much.. i know he and i make abou the same and 25% would have killed me personally, so i try and come up w/ an agreement.. i am kicking myself for that now.. i should have known cuz he was the same MISERLY rass when i was married, but let him see a gadget, or new iphone and he gonna get it!!!

Quanna I am with you! It's hard trying to support these children by ourselves with child support let alone without! It truly is a struggle so believe me Sis I empathize cause I too have robbed Peter to pay Paul on many a day to ensure my kids have what they needed and I make a decent salary. Its just truly never enough! The father's nonchalant attitude toward the care and welfare of their children is sickening but like you say go out and buy whatever they want without a second thought!!. Like I always say Jah will provide!

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Keeping in mind that child support is a financial formula it is not just that the absent parent pays simply because they are absent. Both parents are paying into what is predetermined to be the amount to take care of a child. It’s just that as the custodial parent they take favor and will calculate payment as daily expenses (food, clothing, shelter, etc). Because it is a financial formula if you are married, you may have to share in this expense (may - because you can establish a marriage without shared expenses) and both incomes are considered in the formula. So essentially the wife is paying though she had nothing to do with it. This is also why sometimes it is not beneficial to file for child support. Somewhat to what Sus was saying, if you have someone who gives a little but you are making more than they are then it could be determined that the bulk of the contribution will come from you and you will end up getting penny’s from the other parent and in making them angry or having an order they may stop giving you even the little that they were giving you before the order. Family court is always a mess to mediate….I hate it.

Exactly

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Dont if your married now and dont pay child support they go after the spouse??? i think whatever they need to do so these lame deadbeats can help take care of their kids is necessary as well as going after the spouse because you knew the person had kids prior... just my take on it

This reminds me of that commercial for Free Credit Report . com or whatever the website is where the guy says if he would have checked his girlfriends credit he would be in house instead f his girlfriends parents basement.. I love those commercials.

i like those commercials too and everytime i think of Roger.. my credit is a MESS, but i have told him.. if he knew what ole dude knew.. he would RUUUUNNNNNN lol

So is mine and right now I can’t get a candy bar on credit and if I come anywhere near close to a credit place they try and lock the doors and act like there closed. Back in the day when creditors would call me and threaten to go on my credit I would tell them if they can find a place on my credit report they were more than happy to go on there. Now that I need credit my creditors tell me if I can find someone to give me credit I am more than happy to get it…lol

I used to be so good my mom taught me well but for some reason I started cutting up and now I’m in a mess.

I am the same way. But getting it cleaned up now. After getting a paycheque and u pay the bills how much $$ do u have to play with.

I LOVE MY RAMPING SHOP!!

Timeline
Question: After the child reaches 18 yrs is back child support still required?

I'm not sure if this question was answered KK but yes the payor is still obligated to pay arrears.

Actually in Philly child support won’t stop just b/c of age you have to go down there and file for another hearing to make the stop payment adjustment. You can reason that the child has reached age of maturity but the other parent can fight to have it continue if the child is going to college (though this still only exist as a persuasive argument and is not a definite determination). I know a guy who is still paying for his daughter and she is 25 because he has not filed to stop it. Too dyamn lazy but he always complaining about them taking it out his check. :wacko:

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

Timeline
I agree with you KK... I mean him going to jail is not going to bring the money that is owed to my children to them and neither is talking away his drivers license or adding it as a negative impact on his credit report. I think that if they had a jail system or a detention facility that held them and made them work until their debt was current this would teach them to pay their darn support!

Our system works like that. They go out and work or look for work during the day and at night they have to return to the jail to sleep. But why not have them in jail if they arent paying me support I consider them doing nothing with there life anyhow so sit behind bars. Why walk freely and enjoy life if you can’t take care of your responsibilities??

I can agree with you on this DaDa. I'm not going to get a payment anyway so just sit there. Stay out of my hair then when your kids want to know where you are at least now I'll know so I can tell them and you can enroll in the outreach program to record stories to sit down and read to them for quality time!!! Darn blastards, why can't they just do right!!! :angry:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Question: After the child reaches 18 yrs is back child support still required?

I'm not sure if this question was answered KK but yes the payor is still obligated to pay arrears.

Actually in Philly child support won’t stop just b/c of age you have to go down there and file for another hearing to make the stop payment adjustment. You can reason that the child has reached age of maturity but the other parent can fight to have it continue if the child is going to college (though this still only exist as a persuasive argument and is not a definite determination). I know a guy who is still paying for his daughter and she is 25 because he has not filed to stop it. Too dyamn lazy but he always complaining about them taking it out his check. :wacko:

Shoot my parents stop supporting me while I was in college. It's my attitude though...I didn't like asking them for money.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I had an infopass appointment today.

I wrote the experience (in great detail) in case anyone else will have one so you'll know what to expect.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=200747

Moral of the story: Be prepared to WAIT.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline

i did sooo good for 2 years.. when those credit cards would come.. i would throw it away.. i said, if i can't buy it, i don't need it.. but w/ my second child.. i stopped working.. her rass put me THROUGH and still FACETY!!! but i got a credit card and went hog wild!!

philly, u TRYING to whoop ur kids remind me of my mom.. after a certain age i REFUSED to cry.. she would hit and hit and hit and i just sit there like Denzel Washington in Glory.. LMAO.. i wasn't gonna give her the satisfaction to see me cry and when she get thru i go shrug my shoulders.. she was sooooo mad.. man.. i know what go thru them kids heads.. mi badmind still wid me LOL

Timeline
I had an infopass appointment today.

I wrote the experience (in great detail) in case anyone else will have one so you'll know what to expect.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=200747

Moral of the story: Be prepared to WAIT.

good luck on the appointment nat.. i will go read ur post..

I wish there were more happy stories about baby daddies and baby mommies.

Thanks for the topic today ladies..It made my day fly by.

See you later...KK

And don't ya'll chat bout me and my chipmonks!!!!!

i wish that too kk, to me it could be sooo easy.. oh did u tell VJ bout ur chipmunks?? LOL.. u are too crazy girl!

Timeline
Keeping in mind that child support is a financial formula it is not just that the absent parent pays simply because they are absent. Both parents are paying into what is predetermined to be the amount to take care of a child. It’s just that as the custodial parent they take favor and will calculate payment as daily expenses (food, clothing, shelter, etc). Because it is a financial formula if you are married, you may have to share in this expense (may - because you can establish a marriage without shared expenses) and both incomes are considered in the formula. So essentially the wife is paying though she had nothing to do with it. This is also why sometimes it is not beneficial to file for child support. Somewhat to what Sus was saying, if you have someone who gives a little but you are making more than they are then it could be determined that the bulk of the contribution will come from you and you will end up getting penny’s from the other parent and in making them angry or having an order they may stop giving you even the little that they were giving you before the order. Family court is always a mess to mediate….I hate it.

I was waiting on the lawyer to show up....Hey J2!!!

Hahaha, Hey KK, now you gonna make me have to give a disclaimer....

Disclaimer: Please note I am in no way offering legal or expert advice. I am only responding to the post of this and other forums as a fellow vjer, where my posts are only meant to be taken as amateur in form of friendly submission regarding the question/concern as publicly presented.

For legal advice, please retain the assistance of an Attorney.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Disclaimer: Please note I am in no way offering legal or expert advice. I am only responding to the post of this and other forums as a fellow vjer, where my posts are only meant to be taken as amateur in form of friendly submission regarding the question/concern as publicly presented.

LOL... :rofl:

LOL -can't wait to see it!! Seriously, after my divorce my son was treating me real bad, even though he was 7. His Dad and I talked to his pedi and he said that the children will take emotions out on the person that is closest to them. Your boys probably are still adjusting to your hubby but give you the shyt beause you're the mom, who loves them unconditionally. They are unsure of him so they don't dare give him the shyt.

Hang in there - as Gilli says the sea must calm sometime.

Thanks Island!

You know I talked to Hubby about the beans and rice for a month plan and he freaked! He responded " BOMBA we deh a prison???? Mi nuh guh eat beans everyday yuh mad! :rofl: Mi cyaan stop laughing cause I know my Husband love to eat haaaa. But he finally agreed I can put on the crock tomorrow for beans they need to appreciated what they have more :yes:

Awww philly, I am so sorry to hear this. I thought your boys would have given you a break once hubby got hear. They didn't even miss a beat. Man we gotta figure something out. We'll get through this...

(((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))

Hey J you know they are working my nerves right?? I want to be rid of them this weekend and send them to my Dad's but he lets them get away with murder so I am going to keep them home and make them work. Dig ditches I don't care but they are going to do something!

I think we all have the same BD.. Mine does the same thing!! But I'm like you Philly.. He's going DOWN in 2009

Yes Rick because these men think we are too busy out here trying to support the family that we don't have time to follow up on these cases but they have another thing coming!

No don't say this my baby turns 13 in Sept!!!!!!! :crying:

Dada we are just warning you sweetie (F) I hope you don't have to go through any drama cause trust me its not fun!

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Girl, Damien could NOT stop laughing when we saw that commercial...he could not stop laughing at me. My credit isn't terrible but right now his better cuz it's new. The Toyota people wouldn't even talk to me...just him :unsure:

but isn't new credit just as bad as bad credit?

i've always thought that was the case

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I was waiting on the lawyer to show up....Hey J2!!!

LMFAO

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.