SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part15)

6,679 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
No not to me. See us American woman I think we might bring the drama because we are actors by nature. All that rolling around on the floor and cussing breaking out windows and stuff is what we do but you Jamaican oomen. Woooo Wiiii. U all make the meanest faces and you all do not mince words and you all mean what you say and say what you mean. I knew Jamaican woman were no joke when I was there visiting Roc and we got into it. Well he wouldn’t go to bed and I was like y yuh not going to sleep .He told me because we had a fight. I was like so. He was like no you never go to bed after having a fight with a Jamaican woman or else you sleep with one eye open.. I was like get the freak out of here what will they do to you. He was like too many things to name. So from there I knew all them stares and glares I get really meant business.

yea true

you do make a good point

jamaicans in general tend to not mince words

i find americans tend to exaggerate more so sometimes they stay stuff and you know they're full of $hit

but when a jamaican says something they tend to mean it. we tend to take things literally

Bunz you aint lying if we have any misunderstanding this is the reason why!!!! shezzzt

MJ fix him father business good and proper man

cut the man out of him will completely

put everything to his mother

and if she dies, DIANA ross is in charge

sticky pon him father

I don’t care what anyone says. MJ jooked Diana I know he did.

I still think he is a virgin.... why he let someone else father his children....

You guys had me dying today.... this is why I do not need cable you guys are more entertaining.... Finesse you a trip you had me rolling......

Now I only have 30 minutes before hubby gets hope and once again I have not left the sofa to do anything...!!

Does anyone else pack their husband clothes....? shheez every time we go away he ask me to pack then we get there he sharing the suitcase asking why I didnt pack this or that I am like if you want it then you should have pack yourself!

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Hey Yardies, dont worry I am still alive It got busy at the job after lunch. We had a nice long talk and came to an understanding. I told him I needed some time alone. He disagreed and said we need to work it out now but then agreed later to take a little "break". I will let you all know how it works out. The wedding is off for now but I havent decided yet what I want to do, I havent got much time because he has already been here 2 months, but we will see.

Thanks for all the advise, I appreciate all of it.

Love you guys,

"Patience with others is Love, Patience with self is Hope, Patience with God is Faith."--

Adel Bestavros

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Yardies, dont worry I am still alive It got busy at the job after lunch. We had a nice long talk and came to an understanding. I told him I needed some time alone. He disagreed and said we need to work it out now but then agreed later to take a little "break". I will let you all know how it works out. The wedding is off for now but I havent decided yet what I want to do, I havent got much time because he has already been here 2 months, but we will see.

Love you guys,

Good to hear from you Love. Take all the time you need - he still has another month.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

Love you guys,

Love, glad to know you are good and taking your time in deciding what's best for you.. Well keep you in my prayers!

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~11-21-08 - Interview!

married on ~2-27-09-

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Love you guys,

wow time flies

didn't even realise its been 2 months already

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
Hi Sus. Hi Jengles! What are you two doing up so late? I just happen to be up with Shaun waiting for July 1st to wish him a happy bday. Have a good nite and peaceful tomorrow!

Happy Birthday Shaun! Hope you enjoy your first birthday celebration in the States! Shaunsgal be gentle with him...or rough...depends on what he wants for his day. LOL :devil::devil::star:

Let's just say....The Xbox was his second favorite birthday present :devil:

Love is a gift and not to be earned, therefore one should never hold any regrets for giving love regardless of the outcome...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/immigration-and-economy?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=email221-text1&utm_campaign=immigration

event.png

Timeline
Thanks for the replys guys, he has not ran up the bill, I guess she has a chip it was just the amount of time that caught my attention. She showed up at my mothers house when I went to JA for valentines day saying, that they were in love and he denied it. I told him to leave and he is outside my job like a crazy person.

Damn!!!! U did not bring the drama to the workplace. I know your co-workers are like "Oh my god Bob. Do you think he's going to shoot up the place?"

:rofl:

You are certifiable Dada! You need your own tv show! :rofl::rofl:

Love is a gift and not to be earned, therefore one should never hold any regrets for giving love regardless of the outcome...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/immigration-and-economy?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=email221-text1&utm_campaign=immigration

event.png

Timeline
Don't take this wrong DaDa or Kimmy; but I have someone stalking me right here in my own town...verbal abuse and the whole 9 yards.....and I am using some of this shyt cause you guys are way to good at this!

For real? Please text me. I conceal and carry and I do not taking stalking lightly...from experience. I am just a text away Sista!

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Evening Yardies!

Okay, I'm ALMOST totally caught up....only 20 pages left to go to catch up w/today! Man you all can chat!

Gonna reply to the stuff from this week before I go on my six-week recap reply frenzy!

Nat I thought the same thing, my original date was in june. Then I thought about getting to know each other on a living together level first and I think thats what the govt had in mind as well when they came up with K1 and the 90 days "trial period". I am gonna be completely honest with you because I believe we are all here to help each other out in any way throughout this whole process. We argue ALOT and i mean over stupid stuff. Some of it is me i must admit I am 30 years old and have never lived with a man before so I am very private and cant stand anyone telleng me what to do or being in my personal space. Some of it is him, he has a very short temper and is kind of selfish. We are happy at the end of the day but trust me it is a loooooong day. I have prayed on it and will continue to use God as my only mentour because if it was up to family and friends we would have broken up a long time ago and I would be devastated.

My advise is use that time to get to know each others living habits, likes, dislikes, what pushes each others buttons and what doesnt break your relationship will only make it stronger. One day at a time.

Did the two of you argue before he got here? Did you argue on the phone or when you were in JA?

For some reason this relationship is different for me... My Ex and I fought from very early in our relationship and we kept fighting through the 3 years we were together. He would say things that totally went against everything I felt in my soul. When I finally decided to leave him it was like a ton of bricks was lifted off me.

I refuse to live my days fighting... I have been single for 3 years because of that...

From the day I met this man we have agreed... we agree on so many important things.. child discipline, religion, politics, saving money...

When he talks about how to handle a situation it always resonates with me. He speaks the words in my heart, he has from the day we met.

I just don't know what we would argue about :unsure:

I would love to hear from people like KK & Irie. Couples who have come a long way from the 90 days...

Did you get married right away?

Did you fight a lot at first? (I understand the adjustment can cause added pressure)

I lived in St Lucia for 6 months when I met Louis. We had alot of time to spend together. We may have had a couple disagreements but never an argument. I would get frustrated because of he was never ontime for things.. but I got over it... I was in St Lucia and happy and it felt like I was on permanent vacation. Not alot of stresses..... Tierra wasnt in school yet (went to daycare) and things were cheap!

I went back again for a couple weeks before the interview. We were always in a good mood, happy happy! Then during the waiting process.... still happy. I couldnt think of a reason why we wouldnt get along when he got here....

Then he got here. We would argue a little. I had so many more stresses. Tierra was in school, I am paying a much higher rent... I had to take of the 3 of us now and I wanted everyone to be happy. We waiting 2 months to get married. I wanted him to settle in a bit and I wanted it to be a nice summer day when we married.

Now when we argue it is mostly about my daughter. She is a spoiled American girl... but again... we will get over all that. Its been almost a year now and we get over little bumps all the time.

I am a stressful person, I like things clean and taken care of. I worry alot... Louis is the opposite. So we have some compromising to do... and I am sure it will happen.

It's nice to read everyone's adjustment stories (especially now that I'm living it!) and can relate to parts of what each person says. We haven't argued so much as me nagging him to pieces at times. I'm literally training a man how to use an indoor bathroom (among other domestic things) & it's no easy task & really tries my patience. He is such a tolerant super sweetheart though....he'll let me know when I'm being terrible but it's never really him that is doing the fussing.

But like you Princess, we really do agree on the very fundamental things and if it wasn't for me being nit-picky, we don't fight either.

And like you Cat, I can stress & like things just so & stress on them when they aren't. Ah so ie go!

Morning, Everyone! I've been coming to work very early a lot lately. It sucks. Tomorrow I need to be in by 6:30am to host a meeting at 7 since someone is on vacation. I'm already sleepy in anticipation.

Yankeesgirl, I understood your post 100%. My man feels the same way as yours used to; I probably need to share with him the good stuff I hear on here & not just the bad.

If I'm not confusing your FB pics with someone else's, you've been to Kool Runnings. If so, where do you put your stuff while you're on the rides? Is it possible to walk around with a camera? I plan on going there in a few weeks.

That was me Nat! Kool Runnings is really fun & I even recommend going for a half day & paying half price for the afternoon. Seeing as how I'm not in the best shape of my life, by the time we'd been there even 2-3 hours & climbed those stairs dozens of times to ride the slides, we ALL were beat! Even Lehi and he's in pretty good shape! They have lockers you can put a deposit on and get most of it back when you return the key at the end of the day but as far as towels, we put those on whatever lounge we chose & no one messed with them. The key is on a band that stays on your arm even on the slides so we'd just go get something (including the camera) when we wanted it. You can walk around with the camera no problem....we just put it back when we were ready to play again. A couple times, since Lehi knew some of the staff that worked there, they held the camera for us until we came back. Bring extra $$ if you want to do the bungee bounce thing or ride go-karts or eat in one of their restaurants.

Timeline
very nice yankees girl

i share your sentiment

were it not for this site

i would be in a strait jacket

Bunz, I always read your posts as if they're poetry.

So do I Nat! :yes:

lol @ Nat

I'm just too lazy to type all the way across

makes it easier for me to read when its broken up

Well you must have a very likkle monitor Bunz if all you can get in there is

this ------------------------------------------------------ long!

:jest::rofl:

I wish. My friends are lame today. No Margarita Madness going on today. I am still working on tomorrow....the one where we make fun of the dorks we know who went to New Kids on the Block.

:rofl::rofl:

I wish. My friends are lame today. No Margarita Madness going on today. I am still working on tomorrow....the one where we make fun of the dorks we know who went to New Kids on the Block.

I liked that group!!! There were in Orlando Florida alot!!!

(note to self: Add KK to DORK group list!) :devil:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Timeline

:rofl::rofl: wwwwhhhhhooooiiiieeeeeeeeee..... :rofl::rofl::lol:

U never liked them back in the days? I doubt I would go to their concert these days....

I NEVER liked them. I do like Donnie in some movies though and that show Boomtown he was in.

Me either! And for the record, I can't keep NKOTB & NSYNC straight either....they both sucked to me! :devil:

Edited by Ellsinlove

Timeline

Ells, I can't beleive you are actually reading every post since 220 somethings.... HATS off to you!!!

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~11-21-08 - Interview!

married on ~2-27-09-

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

Timeline

Love you guys,

Hang in there Lovespong. This is another part of this process that stinks! I don't think it's fair that you have to decide in a month what you're going to do. If your SO was an American then you could take a break for 6 months and then decide to get back together and not have to worry about immigration. I really hope you will be able to sort out your feelings on your own time and not feel pressured by the K-1 timeline, if possible.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
awww philly.. i love ur husband too.. i love when couples do things together..

roger and i went to the lake since its our LAST night as a childless couple LOL.. it was wonderful.. we got there about 9pm and b4 we knew it, it was 12am!!!!!! he said he found his jamaica in Dallas LOL.. w/ all the "sounds" crickets and hissing, all the trees.. we had a good time just chilling, maybe next time we will jog too :unsure::rofl:

I do too. I think it is very important for the relationship. Tonight is our last night childless. My kids come back tomorrow and we pick up Jr on Friday!! My son asked this morning if Jr speaks english or just Jamaican. :blink::lol:

evening ladies.....

tanya i thought junior wasnt coming til end of year??? hmmmm maybe i missed the post somewhere along the way that he is coming this week.....congrats....that should be fun with all the kids together.....they can teach each other all sorts of stuff.....the kids will be speaking patois by end of summer! LOL :lol:

~ 11/06/08 K-1 visa was denied and a 2 year ban placed on our file

~ 02/09/10 married my best friend

28152.png

jamaicajune20090001a.jpg

Timeline
i was reading about sending text to email i do the same thing just so i can read them over and over again .. my favorite is this one i got he said good morning beautiful and he misspelled beautiful but it made my day i even have the original piece of paper he wrote his email on for me and his address (although i know it by heart)

I still have the scrap of paper Lehi wrote his number on too! :wub:

Ells, I can't beleive you are actually reading every post since 220 somethings.... HATS off to you!!!

I've been catching up since part 14 if you can believe it!! And it's already time for part 16....ahem..... :whistle:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.