SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part15)

6,679 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Dont if your married now and dont pay child support they go after the spouse??? i think whatever they need to do so these lame deadbeats can help take care of their kids is necessary as well as going after the spouse because you knew the person had kids prior... just my take on it

This reminds me of that commercial for Free Credit Report . com or whatever the website is where the guy says if he would have checked his girlfriends credit he would be in house instead f his girlfriends parents basement.. I love those commercials.

lmao me too the commercial popped in my head while i was writing that :rofl:

** I been to hell and back but the key words is I'm back thanks to the grace of god! **

Love...Live...Life... (It's is better to have loved than to have never loved at all)

4/9/09 - Sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center via USPS

4/10/09 - VSC received packet

4/13/09- VSC opened package

4/15/09- VSC mailed NOA1

4/17/09- VSC cashed check

4/17/09-NOA1 online

4/20/09-NOA1 hard copy

4/20/09-Touched

4/20/09- now we wait...

8/27/09- touched

8/31/09- approved!!

9/4/09- letter saying they mailed info to kingston

11/16/09 sent DS230 via email

11/18/09 rec email stating interview was scheduled for Dec

11/19/09 sent email asking what day in Dec and they responded Dec 8th!!!!! 2WEEKS

11/20/09 rescheduled to Dec 22 my preference date

12/22/09 Went to JA 12/9 and di ting is postponed until mi kno it's right!!! mi nah rush into nothing mi rather wait forever and kno everyting proper and sort out then rush and bawl lata... Mi kno when mi ting ah happen it ah happen RIGHT suh fah now mi ah wait likkle more...

DSC02522-1.jpgDSC02523-1.jpg

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
LOL Shemmy I believe in it too, what goes around definitely comes back around! My son saw his Dad on the bus recently and he didn't even speak to his son after looking him dead in the eye~

I haven't spoken to that fool in years but people keep me informed of his movements....I hope they took his license and that is why he is on the bust :rofl:

:rofl::rofl:

Filed: Timeline
Child support is based on the parents income and the number of children they have.....your spouse is not responsible for taking care of children from a spouses prior relationship.

that's understood, but if they file jointly, if will affect the other spouse...take it a next step, lets say they both own a home, they're going to do a property attachment for back CS...I see it all the time.

Let me tell you, very rarley have the court done a property attachment, they will keep bring the arrears parent back into court to try to squeeze a dollar out of them. If they attach the property how do you suppose they get the money from that property? The courts don't want to be in the auction business. That doesn't stop you from a individual from doing it, but most people won't do it.

understood, but I have friends whose ex owed a lot of back child support they were paying, but couldn't catch up and as soon as the property was sold the he owned with his wife she got a huge check for $35,000, it was beautiful...but the wife of the ex spouse was pissed ooh well -- it doesn't even have to be a house, it can also be a bank account.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
well my problem is not "not paying" but paying when u can.. thats not fair, cuz i can't do that.. i have to beg, borrow and steal when my kids want something so why can't u..

but it boils down to priorities.. their daddy believes as long as they have a roof over their head and fed that they are good..

forget school trips, extracurricular activites, bday parties..

so we don't have no child support order and he he real slow about getting money for these things, meanwhile i am using ALL my money to get it done and waiting on reimbursement from him WHENEVER??

already i had to pay $150 registration fee for camp and its $600/mnth!!! his opinion?? they can stay at home..

i didn't want to hit him w/ court ordered cuz in my opinion its too much.. i know he and i make abou the same and 25% would have killed me personally, so i try and come up w/ an agreement.. i am kicking myself for that now.. i should have known cuz he was the same MISERLY rass when i was married, but let him see a gadget, or new iphone and he gonna get it!!!

This is what I'm talking bout. My soon to be one day ex tells me I have bills. U kicked me out so I need a place to stay, my utilities and food plus I have to get to work and my Durango truck pymt. I looked around at first and then I was like oh your talking to me?? Excuse me and what bills do I have last time I looked the cardboard boxes were all taken. I have the same bills as you only difference is my utilities and food is for FIVE not one. I tried to make arrangements with him too but he was forever having an excuse. His last pay he bought one of my kids a pairs of shoes. Umm excuse me a pair of shoes I could of swore I hade 4 freaking kids!!!!! So I went to court and filed and now let’s see how much the judge tell you to give me. I bets it will be more than what I was asking for....

Timeline
Dont if your married now and dont pay child support they go after the spouse??? i think whatever they need to do so these lame deadbeats can help take care of their kids is necessary as well as going after the spouse because you knew the person had kids prior... just my take on it

This reminds me of that commercial for Free Credit Report . com or whatever the website is where the guy says if he would have checked his girlfriends credit he would be in house instead f his girlfriends parents basement.. I love those commercials.

i like those commercials too and everytime i think of Roger.. my credit is a MESS, but i have told him.. if he knew what ole dude knew.. he would RUUUUNNNNNN lol

Timeline
I agree with you KK... I mean him going to jail is not going to bring the money that is owed to my children to them and neither is talking away his drivers license or adding it as a negative impact on his credit report. I think that if they had a jail system or a detention facility that held them and made them work until their debt was current this would teach them to pay their darn support!

Our system works like that. They go out and work or look for work during the day and at night they have to return to the jail to sleep. But why not have them in jail if they arent paying me support I consider them doing nothing with there life anyhow so sit behind bars. Why walk freely and enjoy life if you can’t take care of your responsibilities??

Timeline
shemmy girl!!. my daddy had the nerve after i CAME to let him see my youngest (just born) for xmas.. to ask why we didn't bring him any gifts.. i swear i thought he must have been on crack after YEARS of not even a phone call from him??? i think he just really felt bad seeing us grown and doing well, and didn't know how else to express his emotions..

The guilt is killing him. He contacted me on facebook asking about her. Told him he needs to be looking for her on there not me. Things are getting back to him about Damien which has been a great stepfather. I think he wants to be involved but thinks it's too late or just don't know how to be a father to her. He took her out to dinner a few months ago to a BAR...she's 16. Then the dummy tried to pick up other women :blink: People probably thought they were a couple. I'm like...this is your child not one of your homies :angry: What a dumb a@@.

Timeline
Rick sorry to hear you were having trouble with your oldest.... It is draining to say the least! I am so glad someone can to the teenage drama! I don't know it seems like when they reach the age of 13 they just lose their minds and do a complete quick change!!

No don't say this my baby turns 13 in Sept!!!!!!! :crying:

Timeline

i like those commercials too and everytime i think of Roger.. my credit is a MESS, but i have told him.. if he knew what ole dude knew.. he would RUUUUNNNNNN lol

Girl, Damien could NOT stop laughing when we saw that commercial...he could not stop laughing at me. My credit isn't terrible but right now his better cuz it's new. The Toyota people wouldn't even talk to me...just him :unsure:

Timeline

this is rather ridiculous IMO...this spouse had NOTHING to do with the making of this child..how can u hold him/her responsible for this...the children are not property..if someone does this or would liek it done..i call it rather bitter..

i agree with u Suz..if parents can agree on something out of court i'm all for it..BUT I HATE A DEAD BEAT DAD/MOM THOUGH!!

I agree Kimmy, and believe me - I have helped people dig up dirt on a dead beat, and would do it again in a heart beat - But I think that sometimes within the system we get so caught up in who gets what / pays what that we forget what's important - The child.

Trust me, I know first hand cause I had a dead beat that I never saw A PENNY from

absolutely

Keeping in mind that child support is a financial formula it is not just that the absent parent pays simply because they are absent. Both parents are paying into what is predetermined to be the amount to take care of a child. It’s just that as the custodial parent they take favor and will calculate payment as daily expenses (food, clothing, shelter, etc). Because it is a financial formula if you are married, you may have to share in this expense (may - because you can establish a marriage without shared expenses) and both incomes are considered in the formula. So essentially the wife is paying though she had nothing to do with it. This is also why sometimes it is not beneficial to file for child support. Somewhat to what Sus was saying, if you have someone who gives a little but you are making more than they are then it could be determined that the bulk of the contribution will come from you and you will end up getting penny’s from the other parent and in making them angry or having an order they may stop giving you even the little that they were giving you before the order. Family court is always a mess to mediate….I hate it.

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Rick sorry to hear you were having trouble with your oldest.... It is draining to say the least! I am so glad someone can to the teenage drama! I don't know it seems like when they reach the age of 13 they just lose their minds and do a complete quick change!!

No don't say this my baby turns 13 in Sept!!!!!!! :crying:

Dada trust me at 13 they start thinking that they are grown... Nip that Shi$ in the bud RIGHT away!! I learned that lesson with my 19 year old. My other 2 know that I will not tolerate the drama so they don't even pull it. I mean they may try from time to time but I give them the LOOK and they know to go sit down somewhere.

Keeping in mind that child support is a financial formula it is not just that the absent parent pays simply because they are absent. Both parents are paying into what is predetermined to be the amount to take care of a child. It’s just that as the custodial parent they take favor and will calculate payment as daily expenses (food, clothing, shelter, etc). Because it is a financial formula if you are married, you may have to share in this expense (may - because you can establish a marriage without shared expenses) and both incomes are considered in the formula. So essentially the wife is paying though she had nothing to do with it. This is also why sometimes it is not beneficial to file for child support. Somewhat to what Sus was saying, if you have someone who gives a little but you are making more than they are then it could be determined that the bulk of the contribution will come from you and you will end up getting penny’s from the other parent and in making them angry or having an order they may stop giving you even the little that they were giving you before the order. Family court is always a mess to mediate….I hate it.

I was waiting on the lawyer to show up....Hey J2!!!

Timeline

So is mine and right now I can’t get a candy bar on credit and if I come anywhere near close to a credit place they try and lock the doors and act like there closed. Back in the day when creditors would call me and threaten to go on my credit I would tell them if they can find a place on my credit report they were more than happy to go on there. Now that I need credit my creditors tell me if I can find someone to give me credit I am more than happy to get it…lol

I used to be so good my mom taught me well but for some reason I started cutting up and now I’m in a mess.

Timeline
Hey Lawny LOL @ I had to throw her down and I do mean that. I know that's right!

I have had my boxing matches in the past with those facety boys but it's pretty much worthless at this point because my one son is now 6 ft and the other is 5 '11 and I'm boxing them like Ali and they just taking it and looking at me like :blink: and I'm about to drop cause I gave it all I had :bonk: then I would resort to picking up something and I wasn't gonna go there (I'll leave that to my crazy uncle LOL) So I figure now I will hit them where it hurts and that is with their games, phone and PC and TV and in the stomach because they try and eat me out of house and home!! I will now cook beans and rice forever!!!!!! and make them drink chilled cereasee tea like juice :rofl:

They have always been for the most part respectful and the oldest one rarely gives me trouble he just eats too much and is slow as molasses, its usually the youngest one that tries to get away with stuff cause he thinks cause he thinks he is the best thing since sliced bread ( Conceited tuh Raas) :blink: . Of course being a former single mother I've had my challenges but these Teenagers are ridiculous! I was thinking to my self my Mom told me a when I was their age and gave her trouble I would reap what I sow, I wonder am I reaping now...... :crying:

I was thinking the same thing, are they jealous of Damian but they get along with him really good, its me they are treating like #######! So I have no idea, I will just continue to stay focused and not ease up on them at all until they change that's the key!

Island I'm gonna take a pic of the lock on the fridge tonight LOL

Philly; dat a no di wurse part; she go a school an tell dem seh mi beat ar up, so when dem call mi, mi tell dem seh, mi no see mi neice fi 6 months, so mi no know wah she a talk bout...tried to choke, spit, bax mi and mi a big ooman...since you wah act big, mi ago geh u a big ooman BAX DUNG KICK DUNG TUN OVAH BEATEN...den if u git up again, mi ago give u a powerhouse bax....so it fi go

And so it goes...you will catch a beat down like you a b!y@tch in the streets, like you ain't even kin. I have two girls and one is surely going to reach close to 6' in height, I'm waiting for the day they try me.

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.