SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part15)

6,679 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Listen if the person you are married to do not take care of their kids which result to the state making them do so and you decide to MARRY them then I do think it's your responsibility to either make them do what they have to do or pay the consequences when you are married you file taxes together share credit, bank accounts ect so when it comes to supporting your step child together no???? seems odd to me maybe not back child support but if I’m not mistaken when you get married if your spouse have bad credit don’t that reflect on you as well??? But forth coming child support just seems like the right thing to me as a married couple your income is calculated as a whole not individual...either you accept them with their baggage or you make them straighten out their baggage before marrying them so their problems wont become yours...

Quanna i dont think they can do that from JA but just make sure when the time comes and he is sending money clothing... everything is accounted for cause you never know there are ppl that are just spiteful and bitter.

** I been to hell and back but the key words is I'm back thanks to the grace of god! **

Love...Live...Life... (It's is better to have loved than to have never loved at all)

4/9/09 - Sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center via USPS

4/10/09 - VSC received packet

4/13/09- VSC opened package

4/15/09- VSC mailed NOA1

4/17/09- VSC cashed check

4/17/09-NOA1 online

4/20/09-NOA1 hard copy

4/20/09-Touched

4/20/09- now we wait...

8/27/09- touched

8/31/09- approved!!

9/4/09- letter saying they mailed info to kingston

11/16/09 sent DS230 via email

11/18/09 rec email stating interview was scheduled for Dec

11/19/09 sent email asking what day in Dec and they responded Dec 8th!!!!! 2WEEKS

11/20/09 rescheduled to Dec 22 my preference date

12/22/09 Went to JA 12/9 and di ting is postponed until mi kno it's right!!! mi nah rush into nothing mi rather wait forever and kno everyting proper and sort out then rush and bawl lata... Mi kno when mi ting ah happen it ah happen RIGHT suh fah now mi ah wait likkle more...

DSC02522-1.jpgDSC02523-1.jpg

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll it is a detention center, it isn't the hard core jail, most of these guys get out over night, how, because their momma or girlfriends some how comes up with the amount owed. So, why doesn't he use this technich when the child support is due every month.

Child support is based on the parents income and the number of children they have.....your spouse is not responsible for taking care of children from a spouses prior relationship.

Dont if your married now and dont pay child support they go after the spouse??? i think whatever they need to do so these lame deadbeats can help take care of their kids is necessary as well as going after the spouse because you knew the person had kids prior... just my take on it

NO NO NO, this is not the new spouse responsibility. This is ONLY between the two parents......

But if they file together and get a refund, it naw guh to them if one of the spouse owe CS

Lawny,

I have a coworker with a deadbeat Husband that cries the blues every year cause dem garnish their refund, but this has been going on for years so why would you continue to file jointly when you know he is a deadbeat??? So dis year mi tell ar mi nuh wan hear it!

Do we have the same baby daddy? With mine....I just sit and see whatever happens happen. I refuse to fight with him

anymore...ain't worth it. She saw him last weekend at his mother's house and she walked right passed him. He said it was hurtful...oh well. I believe in karma.

LOL Shemmy I believe in it too, what goes around definitely comes back around! My son saw his Dad on the bus recently and he didn't even speak to his son after looking him dead in the eye~

I haven't spoken to that fool in years but people keep me informed of his movements....I hope they took his license and that is why he is on the bust :rofl:

Philly.. Trust me I know exactly what your going through!! I have 3 teenagers 19, 16 and 14! Thank God that the 19 year old moved out because we did not get along at all. He thought that since he was 18 that he could do and say what he wanted and I had to remind him who was the boss. The whole thing got very tiresome and habitual.

Rick sorry to hear you were having trouble with your oldest.... It is draining to say the least! I am so glad someone can to the teenage drama! I don't know it seems like when they reach the age of 13 they just lose their minds and do a complete quick change!!

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Island I'm gonna take a pic of the lock on the fridge tonight LOL

LOL -can't wait to see it!! Seriously, after my divorce my son was treating me real bad, even though he was 7. His Dad and I talked to his pedi and he said that the children will take emotions out on the person that is closest to them. Your boys probably are still adjusting to your hubby but give you the shyt beause you're the mom, who loves them unconditionally. They are unsure of him so they don't dare give him the shyt.

Hang in there - as Gilli says the sea must calm sometime.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
So it boils down to making the mother/father who didn't pay face a punshiment. Okay fine. But the whole objective of supporting the child financially is thrown out the window. I'm so not saying there shouldn't be any punishment. But I'm looking at more of the objective..here. The single mother/father needs the financial help too.

Question: After the child reaches 18 yrs is back child support still required?

I think so but once they reach 18 doesnt the money go directly to the child? Also if the child goes to school doesnt the parent have to continue paying until 21??

Dada, My eldest son is 19 and his father just started paying support when he was 16. Now that he is 19 the payments still come to me however I give the money directly to him.

Timeline

shemmy girl!!. my daddy had the nerve after i CAME to let him see my youngest (just born) for xmas.. to ask why we didn't bring him any gifts.. i swear i thought he must have been on crack after YEARS of not even a phone call from him??? i think he just really felt bad seeing us grown and doing well, and didn't know how else to express his emotions..

newly.. girl i def will.. he helps now, but i don't think its ever enough as he doesn't get much work.. i already have a feeling that one of the baby muddas will try to stress him knowing that he, as she say "got his likkle farrin ooman" im not tripping thats their business.. but she should know just cuz he come here doesn't mean he will all of a sudden have deep pockets.. i am a baby mama too and i never expect my ex to give till he bleeds, i just want him to help..

philly, good luck w/ the teenage boys girl.. i hear soooo many stories about this stage and i am not looking forward.. when my mom would take our phone, i would go get it out of the closet LOL

Timeline
Philly, we going through the same thing with my niece (my brothers daughter)...she's 15 now and been smelling herself since she turn 13. She tried to fight me last year and I had to throw her down and I do mean that. She's about 6ft. 3in and 270 and her mom is afraid of her but not me. So, she felt she could try and slap me and that was the end of it. Her mom tried to bend her when it was too late, if a did mi, mi woudah kick ar baxide dung from lang time. I grew up different and knew my place. I had to respect every and all adults and know when to speak when spoken to. At my age, I can't even say HELL or DAMN in front of my mom or dad or aunt and uncles, I just can't, it won't come out my mouth. I pray your boys will find their way, I'm wondering if they're jealous of hubby.

Hey Lawny LOL @ I had to throw her down and I do mean that. I know that's right!

I have had my boxing matches in the past with those facety boys but it's pretty much worthless at this point because my one son is now 6 ft and the other is 5 '11 and I'm boxing them like Ali and they just taking it and looking at me like :blink: and I'm about to drop cause I gave it all I had :bonk: then I would resort to picking up something and I wasn't gonna go there (I'll leave that to my crazy uncle LOL) So I figure now I will hit them where it hurts and that is with their games, phone and PC and TV and in the stomach because they try and eat me out of house and home!! I will now cook beans and rice forever!!!!!! and make them drink chilled cereasee tea like juice :rofl:

They have always been for the most part respectful and the oldest one rarely gives me trouble he just eats too much and is slow as molasses, its usually the youngest one that tries to get away with stuff cause he thinks cause he thinks he is the best thing since sliced bread ( Conceited tuh Raas) :blink: . Of course being a former single mother I've had my challenges but these Teenagers are ridiculous! I was thinking to my self my Mom told me a when I was their age and gave her trouble I would reap what I sow, I wonder am I reaping now...... :crying:

I was thinking the same thing, are they jealous of Damian but they get along with him really good, its me they are treating like #######! So I have no idea, I will just continue to stay focused and not ease up on them at all until they change that's the key!

Island I'm gonna take a pic of the lock on the fridge tonight LOL

Awww philly, I am so sorry to hear this. I thought your boys would have given you a break once hubby got hear. They didn't even miss a beat. Man we gotta figure something out. We'll get through this...

(((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

Timeline
Dont if your married now and dont pay child support they go after the spouse??? i think whatever they need to do so these lame deadbeats can help take care of their kids is necessary as well as going after the spouse because you knew the person had kids prior... just my take on it

This reminds me of that commercial for Free Credit Report . com or whatever the website is where the guy says if he would have checked his girlfriends credit he would be in house instead f his girlfriends parents basement.. I love those commercials.

Filed: Timeline
Child support is based on the parents income and the number of children they have.....your spouse is not responsible for taking care of children from a spouses prior relationship.

that's understood, but if they file jointly, if will affect the other spouse...take it a next step, lets say they both own a home, they're going to do a property attachment for back CS...I see it all the time.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Rick Ross....Can u please watch the posting? Just delete some of them when you respond.

LMAO.. Sorry KK

:thumbs: when I type that message I was like..I hope you don't take me too seriously. I'm joking..but at the same time...it's nice when the posts aren't that big. :blush:

that's understood, but if they file jointly, if will affect the other spouse...take it a next step, lets say they both own a home, they're going to do a property attachment for back CS...I see it all the time.

For some reason..I don't feel bad about them taking property and assets. I mean it is a real debt that has to be paid.

Let me tell you, very rarley have the court done a property attachment, they will keep bring the arrears parent back into court to try to squeeze a dollar out of them. If they attach the property how do you suppose they get the money from that property? The courts don't want to be in the auction business. That doesn't stop you from a individual from doing it, but most people won't do it.

Timeline
Philly - sorry you are going struggling with the boys. Hopefully they will get it together soon.

My daughter's father was a professional hustler and criminal so owing child support or working was the last thing on his mind. I still filed. By the time he got his life together...he owed me so much money. He's finally started working and paying...took forever but it's paying off now that my daughter will leave for college in another year. If he's not caught him by then...he still gotta pay.

thanks Shemmy,

Dang, that sounds like my Baby Daddy LOL. I filed for support of course day one it was years before I saw a dime. then they started garnishing his wages when he worked for the city, then the $ stopped! So he was in arrears and then all of a sudden he filed his taxes and I recvd whopping check for arrears!!!! That happened a few times then he stopped filing taxes DUMMY!!! I had to actually got to the state building a few years back to speak to an enforcement supervisor because I would call child support and they would issue a warrant then he would pay 25.00 and be released and not show up to court! just pitiful..... I plan to make it my main goal to bring him down in 2009! :yes: because he just keeps having children and neglects the ones he has I am not having it!

Do we have the same baby daddy? With mine....I just sit and see whatever happens happen. I refuse to fight with him

anymore...ain't worth it. She saw him last weekend at his mother's house and she walked right passed him. He said it was hurtful...oh well. I believe in karma.

I think we all have the same BD.. Mine does the same thing!! But I'm like you Philly.. He's going DOWN in 2009

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.