SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part15)

6,679 posts in this topic

I have a friend going through seperation, maybe divorce as well. She is 37, but acting like 22 again. Drinking too much, hanging out with people that have a bad influence on her and just being irresponsible. She is one of my best friends though... I have straight out told her when I think she is being immature and irresponsible. She listened but did nothing about it. Until some of those so called friends came back to bite her in the a$$. They used her to pay for drinks, rides etc....

I would agree with not hanging out with her until she figures it out herself. You were right to leave!! Hopefully she wont end up more self destructing. Maybe you and your other friends should "boycott" her and tell her exactly why you are doing it. Hearing it from everyone may help. She may get mad at you, but you trying to help her out of the situation would be the best thing. You wouldnt want to end up saying "I should have done more"....

i disagree with this. she needs you now more than ever...

Yes...she definitely needs you more now...But that doesn't mean you have to hang out with her.....it's sooo easy to walk away but to stand by your friends side when she ain't doing right is hard.

I was talking to my grandma last night and she said "People like winners...when you are doing bad...they run like it's a wild fire". I'm learning to distance myself from the drama...but at the same time letting my friends know that I'm here to help you and want nothing but the best. :blush:

Okay..ladies...I feel so bad...

I just lied to my co-worker. She asked to borrow $5 and I told her I didn't have it. I only had a $20 and she takes forever...actually forgets that she owes you...to pay you back. I wasn't in the mood to have that on my mind.

I had to remind her that I paid for her lunch...and I don't like having to do that. Maybe because when I borrow..I'm knocking people out of the way to get to ATM to pay you back.

Should I feel bad? I did lie... :mellow::unsure:

KK I swear you are a true testament that there still are good and holy people in the world. I tell you the compassion you feel for others really amazes me at times. Its your damn money and truthfully you don’t have it because you don’t have it to lend so hecks no you shouldn’t feel bad. I would.

Here you’re worried about lying about 5 dollars and I have to go to court for some traffic tickets and I have my story all ready made up on how it went down. The story I’m telling the judge is NO WHERE near what happened but so what its going to be my story and I'm sticking to it.

:rofl::rofl:

Should I feel bad? I did lie... :mellow::unsure:

At first I was gonna say it's okay, but really, it's not okay to lie. You could gently tell her the truth next time: You're uncomfortable with borrowing or loaning things, because you don't like to owe people and you don't like people to owe you. That way, you're not being rude to her, but you are indirectly telling her not to ask you for anything again.

This is something she would expect for me to say. She says I'm very blunt. I really didn't want to hurt her feelings. But this needs to be nipped in the bud right now. I honestly don't mind lending the money. I have $5 and wouldn't miss it. But it's the principle that I know she doesn't care about paying me back. I know she knows my salary..she has the scoop on everyone and she always talks about my purse and my shoes. She thinks I have money and that I can lend freely. Nope..remember I'm the only one working in my household. And furthermore...she should'nt count my money..

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
heck no.. mi cyann deal wid it.. i don't like to babysit ANYWHERE let alone another country.. i really hate to have to be put in that situation.. becuz i don't drink i always say its not their fault, but ive been told its possible to KNOW when u have had too much to drink...

It is possible to know - and there are nights where it just hits you wrong - I have gone out and been plastered off of one drink - other nights I have had 4-5 and been fine - We all have those nights - and it's one thing when you have a bad night once in a while - She does it EVERY time -

Fri night she made out with the jerk chicken vendor from the Boulevard - who is old, grungy, and I would swear is missing teeth - Which probably explains how he got a good grasp of her neck to give her a hickey!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

sus, I hate it when friends of mine get too damn drunk and can't control themselves then try to fight you when you try to help them. That is just plain embrassing and I'm not the one. I've had to drag friends out of Pier One in Jamaica because they lose their damn mines cause they under their weed and juice and decides it's time to be in their birthday suits -- I can't deal with that, so to avoid it, when they ask me if they can come with me on a trip I flat out say NO! -- I'm not going to hide the fact that I'm going on vacation, your baxide just not coming with me.

She has asked so many times to come to Jamaica with me - I have always said no - When I was originally planning the wedding, she insisted she was coming - I really didn't want her there - With all the gigalos running around - she'd be coming back barefoot, broke, and pregnant, without a clue of who the father was - And have 100 men from JA calling her daily.

Yeah...that wouldn't be good.

i'm so annoyed

i know ppl mean well

but when they ask every minute where my process is

"yuh nuh hear from dem yet?" "so when yuh think yuh going get thru"

very very annoying

My husband says people have bad mind...so he didn't tell nobody till the day he left. He left the same day he got the visa.

Filed: Timeline
heck no.. mi cyann deal wid it.. i don't like to babysit ANYWHERE let alone another country.. i really hate to have to be put in that situation.. becuz i don't drink i always say its not their fault, but ive been told its possible to KNOW when u have had too much to drink...

It is possible to know - and there are nights where it just hits you wrong - I have gone out and been plastered off of one drink - other nights I have had 4-5 and been fine - We all have those nights - and it's one thing when you have a bad night once in a while - She does it EVERY time -

Fri night she made out with the jerk chicken vendor from the Boulevard - who is old, grungy, and I would swear is missing teeth - Which probably explains how he got a good grasp of her neck to give her a hickey!

All of a sudden I feel like I want to VOMIT -- I can guarantee no protection was used.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
speaking of cell phones..at what age would you get your child a cell phone?

When she has a job and can pay for it herself!

I don't even use a cell phone. I have a prepaid one for when I go on trips/long drives or whatever but that all I use it for.

If my daughter was going somewhere and had a good reason for needing one then I would let her get a pre-paid as well.

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

I don't even use a cell phone. I have a prepaid one for when I go on trips/long drives or whatever but that all I use it for.

If my daughter was going somewhere and had a good reason for needing one then I would let her get a pre-paid as well.

Ur kidding right Irie? No cell phone? I don't remember life without it. My mom worked for the cell phone company from when they were car phones. I didn't get my own until college though. But that was the time when it was billed by the minutes at first.

Filed: Timeline
'Bunzarelli' post='3078339' date='Jun 30 2009, 02:30 PM'

i'm so annoyed

i know ppl mean well

very very annoying

My husband says people have bad mind...so he didn't tell nobody till the day he left. He left the same day he got the visa.

KK, we did the same thing. Only his closest friends, brothers, father, uncles and some cousins knew when he left and they were all at the airport. It was so sad, them bawled and bawled and then I started. When we pulled up to check our luggage they were all inside...I was like DAMN!

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

that freaking DISGUSTING.. omg.. did she realize afterwards what she had did??? ya'll need to go take his pic and everytime she try and drink ya'll need to show her a picture of him smiling !!!!!!!!

'Bunzarelli' post='3078339' date='Jun 30 2009, 02:30 PM'

i'm so annoyed

i know ppl mean well

very very annoying

KK, we did the same thing. Only his closest friends, brothers, father, uncles and some cousins knew when he left and they were all at the airport. It was so sad, them bawled and bawled and then I started. When we pulled up to check our luggage they were all inside...I was like DAMN!

I'm sure people had an idea...that I had filed...and then I was going to Jamaica like back to back...so I'm sure they knew..but he didn't announce nothing until Visa was in his hand.

His brother knew..because he took us to the embassy.

Timeline

12. My rule was when they are old enough to be somewhere on their own for a little while, they needed a cell phone. When my daughter was 12, her and her girlfriends started the drop us off at the movies, pick us up thing.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

my daughter is 12 going on 40.. she is very sensible..sometimes too sensible.. she is gonna be like KK lol.. i remember she had to take names one time and her teacher told me she took her friends' names down.. when i asked taylor, she said it was cuz they were talking LOL.. so i felt she was responsible and it been one year now w/ no problems.. now my second child i dunno.. i will have to see cuz she is another story LOL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

#######?? does she take her life for a joke or what?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Ur kidding right Irie? No cell phone? I don't remember life without it. My mom worked for the cell phone company from when they were car phones. I didn't get my own until college though. But that was the time when it was billed by the minutes at first.

yeah, I know, I am probably one of the only people left! I like the simple life. I didnt have cable until Louis got here. It was wonderful! I wouldnt even have this computer if my job didnt pay for it! LOL

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline
that freaking DISGUSTING.. omg.. did she realize afterwards what she had did??? ya'll need to go take his pic and everytime she try and drink ya'll need to show her a picture of him smiling !!!!!!!!

She realized the next day when he was calling her and she suddenly had a # popping up that said "Glenn - Jerk Chicken man", and a hickey!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
i'm so annoyed

i know ppl mean well

very very annoying

We get it on this end too Bunz...

Sus I'm sorry about your friend...I have been thinking what advice to give...but I'm honestly at a loss for words.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.