SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part15)

6,679 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Bunz I love fashion...I have a lot of ideas...but I can't draw a picture to save my life and I haven't sat in front of a sewing machine since Home Ec in high school.

:ot:

Can a Jamaican with a visitor's visa to the US travel on a cruise? I saw on another forum that a man was taking his foreign fiancee on a cruise and they have yet to complete the K1 process. I wonder if it is because of the country she is from.

It depends on where the cruise is going, Jawi - to travel to the US, they would need a valid entry into the US - which a visitor's visa would give them - What other ports they could visit would depend on the country they are from - cause as you know, Jamaica is one of those countries where they need a visa for many other countries.

I'm so slow. If they decided to do a cruise to the Caribbean after entering the US...they should be able to because most Caribbean countries are CARICOM right? They should also be able to do one of Hawaii or Alaska too huh? BTW this is a general question regarding the Jamaican with the visitor's visa.

Edited by jawi876

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Bunz I love fashion...I have a lot of ideas...but I can't draw a picture to save my life and I haven't sat in front of a sewing machine since Home Ec in high school.

Can a Jamaican with a visitor's visa to the US travel on a cruise? I saw on another forum that a man was taking his foreign fiancee on a cruise and they have yet to complete the K1 process. I wonder if it is because of the country she is from.

It depends on where the cruise is going, Jawi - to travel to the US, they would need a valid entry into the US - which a visitor's visa would give them - What other ports they could visit would depend on the country they are from - cause as you know, Jamaica is one of those countries where they need a visa for many other countries.

damn..sounds complicated. why can't people just be able to go wherever they want??

Past trouble makers.

Yes, and please be careful...

sus, I don't know if it was you, Jawi, JG or TL that helped me when I couldn't sleep and it went on for 2 months.

Can someone do something with my HAIR, I'm looking like "mad mavis" today...Bunz no baddah laf aftah mi

You are asking the wrong person, Tre. I am thinking of shaving mine off till the humidity goes away here!!!!!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline

Okay, they're painting the office and guess WHAT!....I get to go home

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Lucky! Happy Monday!

I work at home... there is no escape! :blink:

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Lucky! Happy Monday!

I work at home... there is no escape! :blink:

and the said the paint is for those with allergies...WHATevah mi gaane a mi yard

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

You suck. I'm thinking of calling in a bomb threat or something to clear us out!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Yes, and please be careful...

sus, I don't know if it was you, Jawi, JG or TL that helped me when I couldn't sleep and it went on for 2 months.

Can someone do something with my HAIR, I'm looking like "mad mavis" today...Bunz no baddah laf aftah mi

mi seh a true yuh nuh know how mi a search down di place fi one picture a mad mavis from oliver

tre i'm jealous you get to go home

damnit!

Edited by Bunzarelli

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline
I'm so slow. If they decided to do a cruise to the Caribbean after entering the US...they should be able to because most Caribbean countries are CARICOM right? They should also be able to do one of Hawaii or Alaska too huh? BTW this is a general question regarding the Jamaican with the visitor's visa.

They should be able to, as long as the country is a Caricom country - But I know when I was researching going away, there are certain Caribbean countries that they couldn't go without a visa - And Hawaii and Alaska should be fine, those are US - as long as they have a valid visitor's visa -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

You suck that you get to go home - I am looking like mad mavis, and my hair is stick straight, lol

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

Ladies... I have a question. Now that Louis has his GC our next step will be Removing conditions. If the card says it expires June of 2011 I file 90 days before that right? Does it have anything to do with our wedding date?

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ladies... I have a question. Now that Louis has his GC our next step will be Removing conditions. If the card says it expires June of 2011 I file 90 days before that right? Does it have anything to do with our wedding date?

correct. nothing to do w/wedding date

Timeline

What Finesse said. Keep in mind, it is 90 DAYS....NOT 3 months.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

What Finesse said. Keep in mind, it is 90 DAYS....NOT 3 months.

Gotcha! Thanks....

fkn0hd.jpg

They should be able to, as long as the country is a Caricom country - But I know when I was researching going away, there are certain Caribbean countries that they couldn't go without a visa - And Hawaii and Alaska should be fine, those are US - as long as they have a valid visitor's visa -

:angry: can't go home yet...the other admin that was to do the presentation says she's not feeling well, now I'm stuck with it sounding like Barry White and look like "mad mavis" :angry: ...well, I'm not feeling well either.

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.