SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part15)

6,679 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Roxie...they loved him on Oprah.

He's been on there 3-4 times discussing the book.

It's a best seller because of Oprah. I saw one show with him on there and the questions the ladies asked..I was like OMG!!!

Do you'll think it will make a best seller?

Already #1 in its category.

I'm not a Steve Harvey fan but he's definitely

laughing all the way to the bank

Not when everyone is downloading it off of the web (PDF).

I would personally never download a book on PDF. Everyone I know read the book bought it. At this point, it doesn't make a difference...he already is made tons of money and it is a bestseller.

LMAO... I will!! Anyone got it? if so PM it to me!!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KK, that's just a few of the things they can do. They can get around that if the get a job that requires them to have a driver's license. This is all about responsbility and accoutability. I use to help out at a pro bono office and I saw plenty of fathers there trying to collect support; one guy had 4 girls to support, the mother just have them, then runs off...I just shook my head;

you know if you married and file jointly and both of you get $$$$$$$ FAT REFUND and he owes child support, neither one of you will any of that tax refund;

kk the list goes on

Yep..I understand that. But that says a lot if you're married to a man that isn't paying his child support. Imma need him to handle that.

I love the idea of tax and wage garnishments.

KK, that's just a few of the things they can do. They can get around that if the get a job that requires them to have a driver's license. This is all about responsbility and accoutability. I use to help out at a pro bono office and I saw plenty of fathers there trying to collect support; one guy had 4 girls to support, the mother just have them, then runs off...I just shook my head;

you know if you married and file jointly and both of you get $$$$$$$ FAT REFUND and he owes child support, neither one of you will any of that tax refund;

kk the list goes on

Yep..I understand that. But that says a lot if you're married to a man that isn't paying his child support. Imma need him to handle that.

I love the idea of tax and wage garnishments.

But if he has no job, what is it that you will be ganishing. If he is self employed, you can't ganish wages.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
That is the Federal Law in every state for Child Support

Here u get to sue the dad no matter what. So what if he doesn’t have a job he still has to pay something and then they give him a certain amount of time to get a job. If not he gets locked up, his driver’s license can be revoked and it goes on his credit. He sits in jail for a while and then they let him out to find a job and if not well back to the slammer buddy…

If you take him back to court, the Judge will enforce it.

I have issues with this and maybe because I don't have kids...but I've seen it done to other people. Actually a mother. See in Florida in order to get any public benefits..insurance/welfare for child you are caring you. You must file child support on the parents.

I just don't see how locking them up, revoking his/her driver's license is even going to "help" (using that word loosely) get a job. It's like a lost cause. Now they have a record...and can't drive to work...which means the likelihood of them finding a new one is going to be harder. So they already aren't paying..I'm sure they are not worried about no credit score.

Then the effect on the child...I mean now are they really going to try to be in their life now. Shoot...they will be in jail half the time.

There has just to be a better way to enforce child support.

Just my view on it. I admit it might be because I haven't experienced this.

i think it's a FANTASTIC idea, in the sense that men OFTEN play the system as regards child support, ie they pretend they can't get job or they aren't working.

Now, they got the woman pregnant, the CHILD is there, if it's working in MCDONALD"S they had better take it. Now the ONLY way I feel sorry for them is if there are NO jobs to be had, but I am SURE there's SOMETHING there.

I have very mixed feelings on this - Because in some cases, there is a need for extreme measures - but all too often, the judges tar everyone with the same brush rather than dealing with the situation on a case by case situation. My ex had 2 kids when he was young (at 16) - They never had a support order in place - The woman lived on welfare, and he gave her cash (no receipts) = way way more than he should have. Welfare went after the woman to get her to give him up, and they went after him for CS - she went into the hearing and claimed he NEVER paid a dime, so he got tagged with a HUGE arrearage and a support order. If she had said he paid, she woulda been in trouble for double dipping. Since he paid cash, he had no records.

As a result, he only paid her what he was ordered to pay - still gave his girls whatever they needed, but his ex got a min,. amount in her pocket, which pissed her off and she dragged him in and out of court. Then, he got hurt on the job and was out of work - She went after him for contempt, and the judge ordered him to pay $1500 within a week, or go to jail -

How can that be valuable to anyone, or how reasonable is that? He had a valid reason why he fell behind in his support - he was injured!

Sus I love E Jerome Dickey I believe he has a new release "Dying for Revenge" Part of a trilogy!

Read it already - the first of the trilogy was by far the best, but it was good.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

KK, I can understand that, what solution would you suggest, other than the custodian parent just take their lumps and forget about the other parent paying.

Roxie - I think wage and tax refund garnishments are great!!!

Timeline

Here u get to sue the dad no matter what. So what if he doesn’t have a job he still has to pay something and then they give him a certain amount of time to get a job. If not he gets locked up, his driver’s license can be revoked and it goes on his credit. He sits in jail for a while and then they let him out to find a job and if not well back to the slammer buddy…

I have issues with this and maybe because I don't have kids...but I've seen it done to other people. Actually a mother. See in Florida in order to get any public benefits..insurance/welfare for child you are caring you. You must file child support on the parents.

I just don't see how locking them up, revoking his/her driver's license is even going to "help" (using that word loosely) get a job. It's like a lost cause. Now they have a record...and can't drive to work...which means the likelihood of them finding a new one is going to be harder. So they already aren't paying..I'm sure they are not worried about no credit score.

Then the effect on the child...I mean now are they really going to try to be in their life now. Shoot...they will be in jail half the time.

Maybe because I have children I do agree. I just don’t think its fair when a parent doesn’t pay child support because they don’t want to. Now granted if the absent parent is trying then fine but if they are sitting at home or doing illegal things just to avoid it hell to the naw and the deserve what ever they get. Think of it this way if I decided to sit at home just because I didn’t feel like taking care of my kids then what?? My kids would be in the system or starving .I have a responsibility and a right to take care of them kids. They didn’t ask to be here I was the one who wasted 2 minutes of my time to conceive them.

The things listed don’t happen right away they gradually happen and our state uses it as way to GET people motivated to do better. Suspending your license well they’ll trying to make it tough for you. I whole heartily agree and most times you will see men running done to the support office to make a payment when they know there almost at them stages.

I just think I have to support these children so do you.

Timeline
Philly, we going through the same thing with my niece (my brothers daughter)...she's 15 now and been smelling herself since she turn 13. She tried to fight me last year and I had to throw her down and I do mean that. She's about 6ft. 3in and 270 and her mom is afraid of her but not me. So, she felt she could try and slap me and that was the end of it. Her mom tried to bend her when it was too late, if a did mi, mi woudah kick ar baxide dung from lang time. I grew up different and knew my place. I had to respect every and all adults and know when to speak when spoken to. At my age, I can't even say HELL or DAMN in front of my mom or dad or aunt and uncles, I just can't, it won't come out my mouth. I pray your boys will find their way, I'm wondering if they're jealous of hubby.

Lawny I know that’s right!!! I wish I could High Five you!!! My son tried me a year or two ago. He actually tried to charge me. I said something to him he didn’t like and next thing I know we were going back and forth. He started breathing real hard like he was mad so I told him to do something then. Well he did. He ran at me and tried to charge me. I grabbed that ^&*&% but his throat and lifted him off the ground. He was grabbing at my hands because I was choking him and I told him if he ever thinks he can beat me he better think again. I told him the older he gets the older I get and you’ll NEVER BE ABLE TO BEAT ME. Then I slammed his rass on the ground and stepped on him as I walked over him. Ooooh I wish he would even think about it again. I have never had a problem with him trying me again. Now when I say you wanna try me he goes to his room or out the door.

I don’t know how parents can be scared of your kids. Shoot you brought them n here you better take them out. Even if I was afraid of mine they would never see it nor would I show it. The day you rule me or I’m scared of you is the day you leave. No rather you walk out the door or in a body bag the choice is yours.

Is anyone a Terri Woods fan? If so I have a question. I have read all three of the Dutch Books. Now I seen Angel but I never bought it because I always assumed Angel was Dutch II renamed. Am I wrong and this is actually a different book?

Hey Dada, yall see I'm trying to catch up when I should be completing this project! LOL

Yup I love Terri Woods Philly author fi true@ No Angel is supposed to be a separate book from Dutch II

http://www.amazon.com/Teri-Woods/e/B001H6Q...3NKR009GJCCFM6B

she is releasing a new book Alibi this summer can't wait!

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

i think it's a FANTASTIC idea, in the sense that men OFTEN play the system as regards child support, ie they pretend they can't get job or they aren't working.

Now, they got the woman pregnant, the CHILD is there, if it's working in MCDONALD"S they had better take it. Now the ONLY way I feel sorry for them is if there are NO jobs to be had, but I am SURE there's SOMETHING there.

I have very mixed feelings on this - Because in some cases, there is a need for extreme measures - but all too often, the judges tar everyone with the same brush rather than dealing with the situation on a case by case situation. My ex had 2 kids when he was young (at 16) - They never had a support order in place - The woman lived on welfare, and he gave her cash (no receipts) = way way more than he should have. Welfare went after the woman to get her to give him up, and they went after him for CS - she went into the hearing and claimed he NEVER paid a dime, so he got tagged with a HUGE arrearage and a support order. If she had said he paid, she woulda been in trouble for double dipping. Since he paid cash, he had no records.

As a result, he only paid her what he was ordered to pay - still gave his girls whatever they needed, but his ex got a min,. amount in her pocket, which pissed her off and she dragged him in and out of court. Then, he got hurt on the job and was out of work - She went after him for contempt, and the judge ordered him to pay $1500 within a week, or go to jail -

How can that be valuable to anyone, or how reasonable is that? He had a valid reason why he fell behind in his support - he was injured!

Sus- I think this is the angle I'm taking with my opinion. I hope that the jail thing is more like a last resort.

Roxie - To answer your question about self-employed. There are ways around it. Assets and Property can be seized in order to satisfy the debt. Or the Judge can always require client to pay the amount owed to the self-employed or business to a registry of the court. It's not entirely impossible.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
i've had that steve harvey book sitting in my inbox for a while now

but i have no drive to read it

I read his book in a few hours. It has some humor but says nothing we all already didn't know about men and stuff. You wouldn't be missing much if you skipped this one.

Hey classy.. How have you been?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Morning Ladies

Its a crazy day today again at work but I am trying to catch up again LOL.

I think my teenage boys have lost their minds! WE got into a big fight this morning and I ended up taking the cable box, PC, Xbox and PS3 and phone out if their room and Hubby padlocked the Fridge! They have become out of order with their smart remarks, nonchalant attitude and slackness! I'm like what deh raas yuh got your period or something? Anyhoo I guess these are the ages when they really show their a$$es Teenagehood is a hot mess, but they won't defeat me! I will just stay in prayer and with Hubby's support I will get through it! :star:

One good thing, my new washer was at my door @ 7:45 this morning! :dancing:

Dada I live in PA and never been to the Burg :whistle:

Lawny sorry I just your message, and yuh dash weh?

Philly, we going through the same thing with my niece (my brothers daughter)...she's 15 now and been smelling herself since she turn 13. She tried to fight me last year and I had to throw her down and I do mean that. She's about 6ft. 3in and 270 and her mom is afraid of her but not me. So, she felt she could try and slap me and that was the end of it. Her mom tried to bend her when it was too late, if a did mi, mi woudah kick ar baxide dung from lang time. I grew up different and knew my place. I had to respect every and all adults and know when to speak when spoken to. At my age, I can't even say HELL or DAMN in front of my mom or dad or aunt and uncles, I just can't, it won't come out my mouth. I pray your boys will find their way, I'm wondering if they're jealous of hubby.

lmao @ that visual

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.