SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part15)

6,679 posts in this topic

Hey be easy!!!! Mi not talk about the goat balls and chicken's feet so why yuh ave ta talk bout mi chittrlings? Yes they stink and look like ish but taste extra yummy especially wid a likkle hot sauce, vinegar and ketchup!

Dada; mi naw dis, mi jus a seh...dat rass tink! and how the hell can they serve that at a wedding...cho.

I have a questions, how long can you keep braids in your hair, my co-worker is going on 7 months and her braids are falling out all over the place no joke.

She must stop it right now...unless she is dreading the braids... :rofl::rofl::bonk:

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

TRE can you puhleeze tell yuh co worker to take those damn braids out before her hairline start to look like new jack city!!!

** I been to hell and back but the key words is I'm back thanks to the grace of god! **

Love...Live...Life... (It's is better to have loved than to have never loved at all)

4/9/09 - Sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center via USPS

4/10/09 - VSC received packet

4/13/09- VSC opened package

4/15/09- VSC mailed NOA1

4/17/09- VSC cashed check

4/17/09-NOA1 online

4/20/09-NOA1 hard copy

4/20/09-Touched

4/20/09- now we wait...

8/27/09- touched

8/31/09- approved!!

9/4/09- letter saying they mailed info to kingston

11/16/09 sent DS230 via email

11/18/09 rec email stating interview was scheduled for Dec

11/19/09 sent email asking what day in Dec and they responded Dec 8th!!!!! 2WEEKS

11/20/09 rescheduled to Dec 22 my preference date

12/22/09 Went to JA 12/9 and di ting is postponed until mi kno it's right!!! mi nah rush into nothing mi rather wait forever and kno everyting proper and sort out then rush and bawl lata... Mi kno when mi ting ah happen it ah happen RIGHT suh fah now mi ah wait likkle more...

DSC02522-1.jpgDSC02523-1.jpg

TRE can you puhleeze tell yuh co worker to take those damn braids out before her hairline start to look like new jack city!!!

Start??? I think she got new jack city look already after 7 months. Does she rebraid them Lawny?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Start??? I think she got new jack city look already after 7 months. Does she rebraid them Lawny?

lmao yeah she probably do damn 7 months umm i get my hair done once every month no longer then a month and a half her new growth must be crrrraaaaazzzzyyyy lol

** I been to hell and back but the key words is I'm back thanks to the grace of god! **

Love...Live...Life... (It's is better to have loved than to have never loved at all)

4/9/09 - Sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center via USPS

4/10/09 - VSC received packet

4/13/09- VSC opened package

4/15/09- VSC mailed NOA1

4/17/09- VSC cashed check

4/17/09-NOA1 online

4/20/09-NOA1 hard copy

4/20/09-Touched

4/20/09- now we wait...

8/27/09- touched

8/31/09- approved!!

9/4/09- letter saying they mailed info to kingston

11/16/09 sent DS230 via email

11/18/09 rec email stating interview was scheduled for Dec

11/19/09 sent email asking what day in Dec and they responded Dec 8th!!!!! 2WEEKS

11/20/09 rescheduled to Dec 22 my preference date

12/22/09 Went to JA 12/9 and di ting is postponed until mi kno it's right!!! mi nah rush into nothing mi rather wait forever and kno everyting proper and sort out then rush and bawl lata... Mi kno when mi ting ah happen it ah happen RIGHT suh fah now mi ah wait likkle more...

DSC02522-1.jpgDSC02523-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Jawi - please be careful on the treadmill. It takes me almost 40 minutes to do 2.5 then again I'm a slower walker.

Our anniversary is January 7th but we also celebrate August 7th..the day we met. We really wanted to renew our vows this Aug but we would rather party instead :whistle: This January will be our 5th anniversary but it's cold here and no one can travel to JA right after Christmas so I gave up on that idea. We're going on a short cruise instead. Maybe we can do it on the boat :idea:

To really confuse the situation - we had our reception on March 19th so people think that's our anniversary :wacko: .

To answer your question - it can be two different dates. You can do whatever and whenever you want to renew your vows.

Oh no...the speed was 2.5...not that I walked 2.5 miles. LOL See I didn't even consider the reception. I know if we get married in September...I will not have the money for a formal reception because of just getting the kids ready for back to school and needing to pay the AOS fee. So that is another dillema. Why does AOS have to be so dyam much? I don't want to wait to file it because I don't want him to be out of status at all...and we also want to try and get AP approved for a trip back to Jamaica in December/January.

What long weekend? I get 2 day weekends all the way through Labor Day.

You don't get the 4th of July weekend?

OK. Trust me, I understand. We only had a reception because my family gave us one...it was informal.

Timeline
I need to tell my family to do the same thing if they plan to come to mine in November 2010. I'm not concerned about how many people come, cause I plan to do the all-inclusive thing (I'm thinking Grand Pineapple) so each person will pay for their own airfare & resort. I won't have to worry about food & drink; just a cake.

Nat - double check with the resort. One all inclusive resort told me we had to pay for dinner reception :blink:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Nat - double check with the resort. One all inclusive resort told me we had to pay for dinner reception :blink:

Really? Glad you mentioned it. I'll definitely ask.

Has anyone stayed at Grand Pineapple before? I went there in February and had a housekeeper show me a room. Definitely more colorful than the other places I've stayed in Negril. But I wonder what the experience is like for guests there. I like that it's more in the middle than Point Village/Hedo II/Grand Lido.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
I am trying to get my friend to buy a house down there. This is her 12th year teaching in DC Publc schools. She makes some decent money (highest paid district in the country) and she needs to stop renting in her HORRRRRIBLE complex and buy a nice big house so me and my fam can come down!! LOL .... I love DC, so much to do, so many cultures... LOVE IT!!! My 1st apartment I ever had was in DC...

My stupid company doesnt pay well (for living in the area anyway) so we need to find Louis a career and come on back down. He liked it there as well. Nice to see people that resemble himself and not just stares from all the crazy white people up here!! LOL

Ohhhh ... now I am planning in my head again.

Really??? Most teachers I know teach in DC teach in MD or VA because they pay more money...that's interesting.

IrieCat - If you work from Alexandria - Fairfax (not Alexandria City) has one of the best school districts. Plus it's in the surburbs so housing is cheaper than the city.

Good luck.

Timeline
I need to tell my family to do the same thing if they plan to come to mine in November 2010. I'm not concerned about how many people come, cause I plan to do the all-inclusive thing (I'm thinking Grand Pineapple) so each person will pay for their own airfare & resort. I won't have to worry about food & drink; just a cake.

I asked three different people to make sure I was hearing correctly. Maybe it's because it is considered a special private event....who knows.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
[

Unno see how Ells got her man and abandoned us??

:cry:

:lol: I told Steven about this & he said he agrees with Ells' man: no more putting private business on Visa Journey once he gets here. I was like... you don't know if that's what happened!

what long weekend 1luv?? i don't get a 3 day until next week.. thank GOD

ya'll have a holiday in canada coming up??

its too dyam hot to do anything here.. 100 degree weather everyday! its not cool till bout 7 or 8 at night UGHHH

It's been 98-100 degrees in Houston for over a week now. (But I still refuse to turn on that A/C!)

whats wrong w/ ells?? she is on facebook pretty often.. maybe just giving vj a rest i guess??

Timeline

Tsk tsk tsk I can't believe he admitted to it. So when ever you have an affair you have to resign??

they were on him like white on rice.. he had a good lil alibi but them dyam reporters asking his wife where he is, done found his car w/ his hiking shoes still in it LOL.. MAN.. i think its a bit much.. so much other important news going on.. :whistle:

Timeline
oh ok.. i just got the octopus thing.. sea pus.. octopus.. sea cat.. okay LOL..

it is ok Q. i used to not even know people ate it. i thought it was an endangered species :rofl:

i knew ppl ate it,, don't we call it calamari or something like that??.. just was floored by it being called sea cat LOL.. way bigger than a cat LOL..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yawn....I gave in y'all now I'm back.

Nope - Did you miss my "DJ knocked the strainer" story? I have had PMS for the past month, lol

Nope didn't miss it..that's exactly why I asked. If he knocked it out of position....there is a GREAT chance his little infantry when marching into position of takeover...LMAO

Thanks JG -- what he had planned for us next month would have been beautiful also. Since January he's been communicating a lot with his friends back home and they had everything set up. I know everything happens on God's time, I just wished he had walked into my life many years ago.

Awwwww...this is so sweet. You are blessed. Don't send me no more text messages about driving down here unless you mean it. I want some good Jamaican cuisine anyway.

:angry: I have a case of duct tape, don't think I won't use it. I'll just round up some VJrs and make the trip, my van holds 8.

ain't scared of no VJers...as long as you don't bring the one that gets under my skin like too little thongs...and you cook something other than chicken feet...goat brains/balls...BRING IT ON!!!!

Come get me!!!!

Yep :yes: Please do! :thumbs::dance:

hahahaha Ur in Atlanta Jawi?

My job sends me to Alpharetta often.

the more the merrier! I'm getting on the treadmill again in 5....4....3....

Oh no...the speed was 2.5...not that I walked 2.5 miles. LOL See I didn't even consider the reception. I know if we get married in September...I will not have the money for a formal reception because of just getting the kids ready for back to school and needing to pay the AOS fee. So that is another dillema. Why does AOS have to be so dyam much? I don't want to wait to file it because I don't want him to be out of status at all...and we also want to try and get AP approved for a trip back to Jamaica in December/January.

I have the same thought almost daily - especially after working my budget!! Guess you are supposed to be saving that while you wait for NOA2...

That would be the smart and intelligent thing to do...glad you told me now. :crying::bonk:

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline
Really? Glad you mentioned it. I'll definitely ask.

Has anyone stayed at Grand Pineapple before? I went there in February and had a housekeeper show me a room. Definitely more colorful than the other places I've stayed in Negril. But I wonder what the experience is like for guests there. I like that it's more in the middle than Point Village/Hedo II/Grand Lido.

My friends stayed there, they liked it - and they are definitely going to sock you for a reception - The prices are really good at Grand Pineapple, too - plus it's a great location. If I were going to do it in Negril, I would do it on the cliffs - look on Negril.com, there are some recent wedding photos - and many places will give you a good deal.

Nope didn't miss it..that's exactly why I asked. If he knocked it out of position....there is a GREAT chance his little infantry when marching into position of takeover...LMAO

LMAO - then you missed my Seinfeld episode of feet in the stirrups, watching the strip test... no hostile takeover here, just cravings!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.