SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part15)

6,679 posts in this topic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Thanks JG -- what he had planned for us next month would have been beautiful also. Since January he's been communicating a lot with his friends back home and they had everything set up. I know everything happens on God's time, I just wished he had walked into my life many years ago.

Awwwww...this is so sweet. You are blessed. Don't send me no more text messages about driving down here unless you mean it. I want some good Jamaican cuisine anyway.

:angry: I have a case of duct tape, don't think I won't use it. I'll just round up some VJrs and make the trip, my van holds 8.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Congrats Dillon on your big day. I wish I could be there with you...but you know that I'm there in heart and spirit.

A and I decided on September 9, 2009 for our big day at the courthouse.

However, my girlfriend wants to organize a wedding on the lake here...so we may be changing the date to a weekend date if it all works out. She is going to ask a dear friend of hers that owns a lakehouse if she can host a wedding there. She wants me to have my "beach" wedding instead of getting married at a courthouse. I think it is a really sweet gesture...even if it doesn't pan out.

I told A that we will still have our beach wedding next year once my body can tolerate travel. I have a question for those of you that plan to renew vows...are you renewing on your original wedding date? If not, which wedding date will you recognize as your anniversary? My question is because I really wanted our wedding anniversary to fall on our dating anniversary. However, it did not work out like that for us because of the immigration timeline. We have to satisfy the 90 day requirement for the government...and so the date we get married will not have as much significance. But, if we renew our vows and do an actual ceremony...I'm confused about what date would be celebrated for anniversaries.

Heck I just confused myself with this post...so I understand if noone is able to make heads or tails out of what my question is. LOL

Hey all!

I walked on the treadmill today at 2.5 for 30 minutes. Now, I'm back in the bed.

We are planning to renew vows on his birthday..which was the day we wanted to get married but due to immigration it didn't happen that way. I want to just have two anniversaries... :innocent::whistle::rofl:

Me too. We always celebrate the day we met and our actual wedding date. Plus we celebrate on the day he arrived here...we're goofy.

We do the same thing... :lol: I can't believe I've know him for 7 years. I was a young woman 21 years old when he snatched me up... :rofl::lol:

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thanks JG -- what he had planned for us next month would have been beautiful also. Since January he's been communicating a lot with his friends back home and they had everything set up. I know everything happens on God's time, I just wished he had walked into my life many years ago.

Awwwww...this is so sweet. You are blessed. Don't send me no more text messages about driving down here unless you mean it. I want some good Jamaican cuisine anyway.

:angry: I have a case of duct tape, don't think I won't use it. I'll just round up some VJrs and make the trip, my van holds 8.

Come get me!!!!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

hahahaha Ur in Atlanta Jawi?

My job sends me to Alpharetta often.

Timeline
Oh no...the speed was 2.5...not that I walked 2.5 miles. LOL See I didn't even consider the reception. I know if we get married in September...I will not have the money for a formal reception because of just getting the kids ready for back to school and needing to pay the AOS fee. So that is another dillema. Why does AOS have to be so dyam much? I don't want to wait to file it because I don't want him to be out of status at all...and we also want to try and get AP approved for a trip back to Jamaica in December/January.

I have the same thought almost daily - especially after working my budget!! Guess you are supposed to be saving that while you wait for NOA2...

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

oh ok.. i just got the octopus thing.. sea pus.. octopus.. sea cat.. okay LOL..

it is ok Q. i used to not even know people ate it. i thought it was an endangered species :rofl:

no, but the sea turtles the huge ones that come to lay their eggs at moonlight, you not suppose to kill those. I can't stand the smell of turtle meat it reminds me of shiterlings I don't know how dem dat dat up yah...

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

I don't know what it is, Jawi.

I was out all weekend in the heat in K.C., MO and at our softball games. The last few days I've got this horrible rash on my back. Spreading to my legs and chest a little. Temps hovering around 100 heat index here this week. Otherwise, I haven't eaten anything unusual or touched any poison ivy or anything. Stress rules my life too. Could just be a phase.

it is ok Q. i used to not even know people ate it. i thought it was an endangered species :rofl:

no, but the sea turtles the huge ones that come to lay their eggs at moonlight, you not suppose to kill those. I can't stand the smell of turtle meat it reminds me of shiterlings I don't know how dem dat dat up yah...

I had alligator on a stick the other day. It was not bad at all.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Does anyone know if Jamerican has moved to Jamaica already? I wasn't sure if I missed that post. I skipped a lot last week.

I'm glad you asked. I can never remember which Ja____ person was moving. I always think it was JaEnglish or JAPrincess, but then they'll post something that lets me know they're in America. Now I'll remember!

Unno see how Ells got her man and abandoned us??

:cry:

:lol: I told Steven about this & he said he agrees with Ells' man: no more putting private business on Visa Journey once he gets here. I was like... you don't know if that's what happened!

what long weekend 1luv?? i don't get a 3 day until next week.. thank GOD

ya'll have a holiday in canada coming up??

its too dyam hot to do anything here.. 100 degree weather everyday! its not cool till bout 7 or 8 at night UGHHH

It's been 98-100 degrees in Houston for over a week now. (But I still refuse to turn on that A/C!)

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

JG, I had alligator when I was in New Orleans it was okay, but I'll stick to my chicken feet and goathead soup....

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

There were a couple men in St Lucia arrested recently for killing mama turtles and stealing their eggs! That is so pathetic!!

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Afternoon everyone!

Hey Regal (waving) I was just wondering where you were.....

Hey Da!

Whoo I've been going thru it..but I'm here

~ 4/22/09 - sent I-129F form off to VSC

~ 11/23/09 – Interview Scheduled 11/23/2009

~ 12/09/09 – Picked up visa at MoBay DHL ofc-EXTREMELY late processing

~ 12/13/09 – Arrived at Philadelphia airport

~ 2/14/10 – WEDDING DAY FINALLY

AOS Timeline

~ 2/26/10 – mailed AOS/EAD/AP via USPS confirmed delivery

~ 2/28/10 – delivery confirmed 6:57 am

~ 3/10/10 – rec'd email acceptance confirmation from USCIS

~ 3/16/10 – rec'd NOA1's via mail for I-485, AP and EAD

~ 3/19/10 – Biometrics appt - 3/31/10 11 am

~ 3/24/10 – Walk-in Biometrics appt - 2:00 pm

~ 4/07/10 – Case transferred to National Benefits Center

~ 4/09/10 – Case transferred to CSC for processing

~ 5/01/10 – EAD card ordered rec'd notice via email

~ 5/07/10 – AP rec'd in mail...no notice at all!

~ 5/24/10 – EAP rec'd in mail

~ 6/02/10 – AOS card ordered rec'd notice via email

~ 6/08/10 – rec'd welcome letter in mail

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I don't know what it is, Jawi.

I was out all weekend in the heat in K.C., MO and at our softball games. The last few days I've got this horrible rash on my back. Spreading to my legs and chest a little. Temps hovering around 100 heat index here this week. Otherwise, I haven't eaten anything unusual or touched any poison ivy or anything. Stress rules my life too. Could just be a phase.

I had alligator on a stick the other day. It was not bad at all.

Interesting. Please don't say it tasted like chicken..did it?

~ 4/22/09 - sent I-129F form off to VSC

~ 11/23/09 – Interview Scheduled 11/23/2009

~ 12/09/09 – Picked up visa at MoBay DHL ofc-EXTREMELY late processing

~ 12/13/09 – Arrived at Philadelphia airport

~ 2/14/10 – WEDDING DAY FINALLY

AOS Timeline

~ 2/26/10 – mailed AOS/EAD/AP via USPS confirmed delivery

~ 2/28/10 – delivery confirmed 6:57 am

~ 3/10/10 – rec'd email acceptance confirmation from USCIS

~ 3/16/10 – rec'd NOA1's via mail for I-485, AP and EAD

~ 3/19/10 – Biometrics appt - 3/31/10 11 am

~ 3/24/10 – Walk-in Biometrics appt - 2:00 pm

~ 4/07/10 – Case transferred to National Benefits Center

~ 4/09/10 – Case transferred to CSC for processing

~ 5/01/10 – EAD card ordered rec'd notice via email

~ 5/07/10 – AP rec'd in mail...no notice at all!

~ 5/24/10 – EAP rec'd in mail

~ 6/02/10 – AOS card ordered rec'd notice via email

~ 6/08/10 – rec'd welcome letter in mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.