SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part15)

6,679 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Isnt next week a holiday July 4th. but since it is on a Saturday, I thought u guys would have the Friday off. Hence the long weekend!

On July 1st is Canada day here. So we have a holiday in the middle of the week :angry:

That's the only long weekend I can think of...damn July 4th one year since hubby here. On his flight in he saw fire works over Baltimore, he was so damn happy.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
yeah food too my 2.. thats another thing i was gonna type too. LOL

when somebody mentioned.. ways to make the kids more comfortable, mine havnet been to ja so i started introducing them to the food.. since most likey roger would be cooking some of it and my kids are SUPER picky.. i didn't want them to spit out any eating it for the first time in front of him LOL kidding.... a likkle LOL

also i got them used to knocking on my door first and not just coming in.. i started leaving them alone for short periods of time and REQUIRING that they give me that time cuz we are normally attached at the hip at ALL times...

food has been a challenge in our house too cuz both my son and my husband are really picky. they have both come around tho (after i forced them and said i can't keep up with cooking ten different things in one day). my son still won't eat crazy stuff like octopus or goat balls..

i dont even want goat balls and octupus so i would be grimacing along w/ the kids!! LOL

i don't blame u finesse.. i don't even let my kids go to differnt fast food places.. LOOK we all gonna eat from one place so get it together GEESH so all these separate meals would be a problem for me too heehee..

Girl, roasted goat balls and sea cat is the best!

Sea cat YES. Goat balls NO!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

yoooooooo who watched new jersey reunion last night

wild stuff

but they still don't beat atlanta

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
yeah food too my 2.. thats another thing i was gonna type too. LOL

when somebody mentioned.. ways to make the kids more comfortable, mine havnet been to ja so i started introducing them to the food.. since most likey roger would be cooking some of it and my kids are SUPER picky.. i didn't want them to spit out any eating it for the first time in front of him LOL kidding.... a likkle LOL

also i got them used to knocking on my door first and not just coming in.. i started leaving them alone for short periods of time and REQUIRING that they give me that time cuz we are normally attached at the hip at ALL times...

food has been a challenge in our house too cuz both my son and my husband are really picky. they have both come around tho (after i forced them and said i can't keep up with cooking ten different things in one day). my son still won't eat crazy stuff like octopus or goat balls..

i dont even want goat balls and octupus so i would be grimacing along w/ the kids!! LOL

i don't blame u finesse.. i don't even let my kids go to differnt fast food places.. LOOK we all gonna eat from one place so get it together GEESH so all these separate meals would be a problem for me too heehee..

Girl, roasted goat balls and sea cat is the best!

Sea cat YES. Goat balls NO!

Hubby calls it sea puss

I LOVE MY RAMPING SHOP!!

Timeline
Congrats Dillon on your big day. I wish I could be there with you...but you know that I'm there in heart and spirit.

A and I decided on September 9, 2009 for our big day at the courthouse.

However, my girlfriend wants to organize a wedding on the lake here...so we may be changing the date to a weekend date if it all works out. She is going to ask a dear friend of hers that owns a lakehouse if she can host a wedding there. She wants me to have my "beach" wedding instead of getting married at a courthouse. I think it is a really sweet gesture...even if it doesn't pan out.

I told A that we will still have our beach wedding next year once my body can tolerate travel. I have a question for those of you that plan to renew vows...are you renewing on your original wedding date? If not, which wedding date will you recognize as your anniversary? My question is because I really wanted our wedding anniversary to fall on our dating anniversary. However, it did not work out like that for us because of the immigration timeline. We have to satisfy the 90 day requirement for the government...and so the date we get married will not have as much significance. But, if we renew our vows and do an actual ceremony...I'm confused about what date would be celebrated for anniversaries.

Heck I just confused myself with this post...so I understand if noone is able to make heads or tails out of what my question is. LOL

Hey all!

I walked on the treadmill today at 2.5 for 30 minutes. Now, I'm back in the bed.

Your anniversary will always be the date you actually married.

You can always....um....celebrate :devil: whatever date you want though.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Congrats Dillon on your big day. I wish I could be there with you...but you know that I'm there in heart and spirit.

However, my girlfriend wants to organize a wedding on the lake here...so we may be changing the date to a weekend date if it all works out. She is going to ask a dear friend of hers that owns a lakehouse if she can host a wedding there. She wants me to have my "beach" wedding instead of getting married at a courthouse. I think it is a really sweet gesture...even if it doesn't pan out.

I told A that we will still have our beach wedding next year once my body can tolerate travel. I have a question for those of you that plan to renew vows...are you renewing on your original wedding date? If not, which wedding date will you recognize as your anniversary? My question is because I really wanted our wedding anniversary to fall on our dating anniversary. However, it did not work out like that for us because of the immigration timeline. We have to satisfy the 90 day requirement for the government...and so the date we get married will not have as much significance. But, if we renew our vows and do an actual ceremony...I'm confused about what date would be celebrated for anniversaries.

Heck I just confused myself with this post...so I understand if noone is able to make heads or tails out of what my question is. LOL

Hey all!

I walked on the treadmill today at 2.5 for 30 minutes. Now, I'm back in the bed.

LOL - I understood you S! I wondered the same thing - if you don't renew on the exact date, which do you celebrate? But I guess the answer is whichever daymn one you want - or BOTH!!!

Glad to hear you did the treadmill and are up and around more - but you should nap!

I know...I hate naps...always have. I sit here and doze while reading VJ...then I jump up and pretend that I wasn't sleeping and I have to scroll all the way back to the top of the screen because my hand was on the down arrow the whole time. It takes me forever to read one page of posts. Ask me why I'm fighting the effect of the pain meds...heck I don't know just nosey I guess. LOL

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

GOAT BALLS! GOAT BALLS! GOAT BALLS!....roasted...wid yam...di bomb!

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Hey all!

We are planning to renew vows on his birthday..which was the day we wanted to get married but due to immigration it didn't happen that way. I want to just have two anniversaries... :innocent::whistle::rofl:

Timeline

:angry: ...u lucky mi live far. As far as dates, we met, got engaged, engagement party, got married on the 23rd, so as long as it's the 23rd of any month we'll renew our vows then. He wants a private ceremony for our renewal (don't know what he's up to this time) since we had to cancel our plans for next month which is our 1 year anniversary (but that worked out well) THANKS sus! in our favor...

Ladies; if you ever get a chance to go to Sandals White Castle -- do it!

Jawi, do what makes you both happy -- that's nice of your friend. I got married in a courthouse and I could have married my husband standing in the middle of a bush some where in Jamaica and all I would remember is the beautiful smile on his face. I didn't care where we were, I will never forget the look on his face and the tears that came afterwards...

your wedding pictures were so beautiful, Tre.

Isnt next week a holiday July 4th. but since it is on a Saturday, I thought u guys would have the Friday off. Hence the long weekend!

On July 1st is Canada day here. So we have a holiday in the middle of the week :angry:

We voted for an extra dat at Christmas last year instead cause of how it fell. Now I am regretting next week!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
awwww ja i want one humm nevermind that lol ummm SUS you are not right that is too much chocolate this early in the morning... i think i have a new screen saver COT DAMN!!!!!!

haha! and remember he was the fat kid!

~ 4/22/09 - sent I-129F form off to VSC

~ 11/23/09 – Interview Scheduled 11/23/2009

~ 12/09/09 – Picked up visa at MoBay DHL ofc-EXTREMELY late processing

~ 12/13/09 – Arrived at Philadelphia airport

~ 2/14/10 – WEDDING DAY FINALLY

AOS Timeline

~ 2/26/10 – mailed AOS/EAD/AP via USPS confirmed delivery

~ 2/28/10 – delivery confirmed 6:57 am

~ 3/10/10 – rec'd email acceptance confirmation from USCIS

~ 3/16/10 – rec'd NOA1's via mail for I-485, AP and EAD

~ 3/19/10 – Biometrics appt - 3/31/10 11 am

~ 3/24/10 – Walk-in Biometrics appt - 2:00 pm

~ 4/07/10 – Case transferred to National Benefits Center

~ 4/09/10 – Case transferred to CSC for processing

~ 5/01/10 – EAD card ordered rec'd notice via email

~ 5/07/10 – AP rec'd in mail...no notice at all!

~ 5/24/10 – EAP rec'd in mail

~ 6/02/10 – AOS card ordered rec'd notice via email

~ 6/08/10 – rec'd welcome letter in mail

Timeline
I know...I hate naps...always have. I sit here and doze while reading VJ...then I jump up and pretend that I wasn't sleeping and I have to scroll all the way back to the top of the screen because my hand was on the down arrow the whole time. It takes me forever to read one page of posts. Ask me why I'm fighting the effect of the pain meds...heck I don't know just nosey I guess. LOL

LOL - I know the feeling. When I doze off then wake up my heart is pounding and I'm looking around like who me..I wasn't sleeping.... :unsure: But then I laugh and say, aww who cares.

Shut your eyes....you can catch up when you get up!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

okay.. 1luv.. i thought u were talking bout this weekend.. yeah i have friday off the kids will be back on the 1st so maybe we will do something together, but i don't know WHAT??

something all 4 of us can do for fun.. maybe go back to the arcade??

is sea cat the same as catfish??

Thanks JG -- what he had planned for us next month would have been beautiful also. Since January he's been communicating a lot with his friends back home and they had everything set up. I know everything happens on God's time, I just wished he had walked into my life many years ago.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

LOL - I know the feeling. When I doze off then wake up my heart is pounding and I'm looking around like who me..I wasn't sleeping.... :unsure: But then I laugh and say, aww who cares.

Shut your eyes....you can catch up when you get up!

I agree - and a pain med induced nap is the best kind, lol - You need to let yourself rest and not push too much so that you heal - Your body has ways of telling you what it needs, pay attention to it!!

Now, if My body would only stop telling me I need chocolate for the past month........... :whistle:

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey all!

We are planning to renew vows on his birthday..which was the day we wanted to get married but due to immigration it didn't happen that way. I want to just have two anniversaries... :innocent::whistle::rofl:

Me too. We always celebrate the day we met and our actual wedding date. Plus we celebrate on the day he arrived here...we're goofy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.