SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part15)

6,679 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Congrats Dillon on your big day. I wish I could be there with you...but you know that I'm there in heart and spirit.

A and I decided on September 9, 2009 for our big day at the courthouse.

However, my girlfriend wants to organize a wedding on the lake here...so we may be changing the date to a weekend date if it all works out. She is going to ask a dear friend of hers that owns a lakehouse if she can host a wedding there. She wants me to have my "beach" wedding instead of getting married at a courthouse. I think it is a really sweet gesture...even if it doesn't pan out.

I told A that we will still have our beach wedding next year once my body can tolerate travel. I have a question for those of you that plan to renew vows...are you renewing on your original wedding date? If not, which wedding date will you recognize as your anniversary? My question is because I really wanted our wedding anniversary to fall on our dating anniversary. However, it did not work out like that for us because of the immigration timeline. We have to satisfy the 90 day requirement for the government...and so the date we get married will not have as much significance. But, if we renew our vows and do an actual ceremony...I'm confused about what date would be celebrated for anniversaries.

Heck I just confused myself with this post...so I understand if noone is able to make heads or tails out of what my question is. LOL

Hey all!

I walked on the treadmill today at 2.5 for 30 minutes. Now, I'm back in the bed.

LOL - I understood you S! I wondered the same thing - if you don't renew on the exact date, which do you celebrate? But I guess the answer is whichever daymn one you want - or BOTH!!!

Glad to hear you did the treadmill and are up and around more - but you should nap!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
My son usually stays in his own bed through the night unless he has a bad dream...

If he ever came in our room tho, I know my honey would let him crawl right up between us and hug him tight...

Then we would just take him back to bed when he fell asleep...

I do this anyway, sleeping with that boy is like sleeping with a tornado

twister2.gif

:lol:

LOL - I was walking back to her room with her, but I'm too tired! My daugther is a kicker so I don't mind sleeping with her, but when there is 3 in the bed, my ribs take a beating. That's why I started saying she could slelep on the floor but always saying your bed would be so much more comfortable..... :whistle::bonk:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
Congrats Dillon on your big day. I wish I could be there with you...but you know that I'm there in heart and spirit.

However, my girlfriend wants to organize a wedding on the lake here...so we may be changing the date to a weekend date if it all works out. She is going to ask a dear friend of hers that owns a lakehouse if she can host a wedding there. She wants me to have my "beach" wedding instead of getting married at a courthouse. I think it is a really sweet gesture...even if it doesn't pan out.

I told A that we will still have our beach wedding next year once my body can tolerate travel. I have a question for those of you that plan to renew vows...are you renewing on your original wedding date? If not, which wedding date will you recognize as your anniversary? My question is because I really wanted our wedding anniversary to fall on our dating anniversary. However, it did not work out like that for us because of the immigration timeline. We have to satisfy the 90 day requirement for the government...and so the date we get married will not have as much significance. But, if we renew our vows and do an actual ceremony...I'm confused about what date would be celebrated for anniversaries.

Heck I just confused myself with this post...so I understand if noone is able to make heads or tails out of what my question is. LOL

Hey all!

I walked on the treadmill today at 2.5 for 30 minutes. Now, I'm back in the bed.

Do the courthouse thing and then have your friend plan the Lake House Wedding for your anniversary! :thumbs:

Then you satisfy the 90 day requirement, and you can celebrate you anniversary on the day that means the most!

Glad to know you are up and moving, please take it easy (F)

Timeline
LOL - I understood you S! I wondered the same thing - if you don't renew on the exact date, which do you celebrate? But I guess the answer is whichever daymn one you want - or BOTH!!!

Glad to hear you did the treadmill and are up and around more - but you should nap!

hmm.. never thought about it jaws, but i guess island is right.. U CHOOSE!! i am leaning toward the original date tho cuz thats when it was official right?? heck girl.. its ur world, rock it how u like!

good job on the treadmill, w/ no pain right?? YES!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Afternoon everyone!

~ 4/22/09 - sent I-129F form off to VSC

~ 11/23/09 – Interview Scheduled 11/23/2009

~ 12/09/09 – Picked up visa at MoBay DHL ofc-EXTREMELY late processing

~ 12/13/09 – Arrived at Philadelphia airport

~ 2/14/10 – WEDDING DAY FINALLY

AOS Timeline

~ 2/26/10 – mailed AOS/EAD/AP via USPS confirmed delivery

~ 2/28/10 – delivery confirmed 6:57 am

~ 3/10/10 – rec'd email acceptance confirmation from USCIS

~ 3/16/10 – rec'd NOA1's via mail for I-485, AP and EAD

~ 3/19/10 – Biometrics appt - 3/31/10 11 am

~ 3/24/10 – Walk-in Biometrics appt - 2:00 pm

~ 4/07/10 – Case transferred to National Benefits Center

~ 4/09/10 – Case transferred to CSC for processing

~ 5/01/10 – EAD card ordered rec'd notice via email

~ 5/07/10 – AP rec'd in mail...no notice at all!

~ 5/24/10 – EAP rec'd in mail

~ 6/02/10 – AOS card ordered rec'd notice via email

~ 6/08/10 – rec'd welcome letter in mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
ya'll NASTY!!! ive never heard roger talk about those dishes..i will have to see if he likes them.. LOL.. or maybe i should let sleeping dogs lie ;)

:rofl::rofl::rofl: i never heard of them either, girl. there has been many times in this relationship that i have looked at my husband and said 'are you effin serious...you want to roast goat balls????' :rofl:

there is just NO WAY IN HELL you can really learn about a person or where they come from until you habitate with them.

Filed: Timeline

:angry: ...u lucky mi live far. As far as dates, we met, got engaged, engagement party, got married on the 23rd, so as long as it's the 23rd of any month we'll renew our vows then. He wants a private ceremony for our renewal (don't know what he's up to this time) since we had to cancel our plans for next month which is our 1 year anniversary (but that worked out well) THANKS sus! in our favor...

Ladies; if you ever get a chance to go to Sandals White Castle -- do it!

Jawi, do what makes you both happy -- that's nice of your friend. I got married in a courthouse and I could have married my husband standing in the middle of a bush some where in Jamaica and all I would remember is the beautiful smile on his face. I didn't care where we were, I will never forget the look on his face and the tears that came afterwards...

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey all!

Jawi - please be careful on the treadmill. It takes me almost 40 minutes to do 2.5 then again I'm a slower walker.

Our anniversary is January 7th but we also celebrate August 7th..the day we met. We really wanted to renew our vows this Aug but we would rather party instead :whistle: This January will be our 5th anniversary but it's cold here and no one can travel to JA right after Christmas so I gave up on that idea. We're going on a short cruise instead. Maybe we can do it on the boat :idea:

To really confuse the situation - we had our reception on March 19th so people think that's our anniversary :wacko: .

To answer your question - it can be two different dates. You can do whatever and whenever you want to renew your vows.

Timeline
What are u ladies doing for the long weekend! I will be there for my cousins wedding. I dont know if I am more excited abt the wedding or the shopping :dance:

What long weekend? I get 2 day weekends all the way through Labor Day.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
kingstonivinfo@state.gov

And sus there will be tons of pictures!!!!!!

Hey Patty - where are those photos from your bachlorette party?? Mi neveh see.... :whistle:

Hey, yeah....forgot about that. :angry:

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Isnt next week a holiday July 4th. but since it is on a Saturday, I thought u guys would have the Friday off. Hence the long weekend!

On July 1st is Canada day here. So we have a holiday in the middle of the week :angry:

I LOVE MY RAMPING SHOP!!

Timeline

I have a 3 day weekend next weekend - We have July 3rd off for the 4th of July holiday

Isnt next week a holiday July 4th. but since it is on a Saturday, I thought u guys would have the Friday off. Hence the long weekend!

On July 1st is Canada day here. So we have a holiday in the middle of the week :angry:

Yup - thought you meant this weekend - And I knew Canada day was right before ours -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hi yardies

on a lunch break

and of course before i check my office mail i check vj

tsk tsk @ me

lol

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline
OMG!!!!! Gulp....breath in ...breath out..... no wonder you like to go to the gym Sus!

I'm still catching up ...gotta see if Sus posted any more.

LOL - didn't post anymore - I will send you an email

[check mail] [check mail] [check mail] [check mail] ---you see me pushing the button?? :unsure:

Um, HELLO.....me, me, me!!!!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.