SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part15)

6,679 posts in this topic

We got to talk a long time this morning because I was not in a rush to get out the door...

How did I ever get so lucky to find such a good man? :luv:

He was asking about community work that he can do until he can legally work... I said yes I am sure you can help in the soup kitchen where they feed the homeless or something. He was excited about doing that. Then I said I know you will not want to just sit around waiting for me to get home... he said please I will have to get dinner ready, and put roses on the table :wub:

I am blessed...

Dillon I hope your day is as beautiful as your heart is!! (L)

Lawny is your friend from the metro ok? (F)

What a nice guy you have. Are you starting to plan your wedding?

So we just went to the court house and got married and I mentioned to my mom that I want to have a small something something in Jamaica in a few years. She has announced to the family to start saving their money and getting their passports cause I'm have a wedding in Jamaica.

Oh boy....what have I gotten myself into?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
We got to talk a long time this morning because I was not in a rush to get out the door...

How did I ever get so lucky to find such a good man? :luv:

He was asking about community work that he can do until he can legally work... I said yes I am sure you can help in the soup kitchen where they feed the homeless or something. He was excited about doing that. Then I said I know you will not want to just sit around waiting for me to get home... he said please I will have to get dinner ready, and put roses on the table :wub:

I am blessed...

Dillon I hope your day is as beautiful as your heart is!! (L)

Lawny is your friend from the metro ok? (F)

So we just went to the court house and got married and I mentioned to my mom that I want to have a small something something in Jamaica in a few years. She has announced to the family to start saving their money and getting their passports cause I'm have a wedding in Jamaica.

Aww you almost made my cry JaPrincess!

Doesn't it just make for a great day when you can talk a little longer then you normally do? Have a great day and stay cool.

KK.....it can get out of control really fast when it comes to weddings. I was shooting for 25 guests and now we are up to about 75!!!! Some days I still think we should just go to the court house and get married. It isn't too late, it is Wednesday and that is the day they do it. LOL!!!!!

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Closer the date I guess they post the different types of events they will have. I have just heard a lot about how they party all night long.

Hey sidekick you going?? LOL

All day and all night! http://www.islandmix.com is a good place to get info on the different shows -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

How exciting KK!! :) Go Momma :thumbs: Sure wish I had my Mom to help plan!

Yes I am semi planning... It is hard because it will have to be in December I think and I am worried about the rain...

I have a friend with a HUGE backyard surrounded by fruit trees and a sidewalk that goes all the way around... there is an arch in the corner and the first thing I said when he moved in was this would be a great place to have a wedding!! He told me months ago that I could use his backyard to get married... but now he has a new woman and he says she is not too keen on a wedding at their house :(

We will see, God has a plan and I know it will all come together... maybe it is best because we will need to be indoors if it is raining....

Timeline
KK.....it can get out of control really fast when it comes to weddings. I was shooting for 25 guests and now we are up to about 75!!!! Some days I still think we should just go to the court house and get married. It isn't too late, it is Wednesday and that is the day they do it. LOL!!!!!

:lol: Dillon don't you dare!

It's going to be beautiful, and that many people just proves what I said earlier! (L)

Don't stress yourself, just go with the flow, it will all come together!

Timeline

That sounds like it would be really pretty JaPrincess! It will work out...just keep you eyes and ears open for locations and everything else.

I would not have been able to have this wedding if it wasn't for the help from all my friends. They have really pitched in from the flowers to the food. I feel so lucky.

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline
That sounds like it would be really pretty JaPrincess! It will work out...just keep you eyes and ears open for locations and everything else.

I would not have been able to have this wedding if it wasn't for the help from all my friends. They have really pitched in from the flowers to the food. I feel so lucky.

I can't wait to see the pictures!!!

How is your girl handling it? She nervous?

Timeline

I can't wait to see the pictures!!!

How is your girl handling it? She nervous?

She is not nervous at all. She has mixed emotions and the adjustment has been pretty hard on her. She really loves the mister but at times she just wants it like the way it used to be with just the two of us. There are good days and bad days but we get through them. I just hope it starts getting easier soon.

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Doesn't it just make for a great day when you can talk a little longer then you normally do? Have a great day and stay cool.

LOL...you have worked too hard now..Might as well stick it out for the big finale!!

Timeline

Hi StoneLove...how you feeling these days?

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline
Closer the date I guess they post the different types of events they will have. I have just heard a lot about how they party all night long.

Hey sidekick you going?? LOL

All day and all night! http://www.islandmix.com is a good place to get info on the different shows -

Thanks Sus....

Timeline

LOL...you have worked too hard now..Might as well stick it out for the big finale!!

You are right there is no turning back now. I was going to do a webcast and I am not sure if I will be able to now but I will be sure to show you all the pictures.

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi StoneLove...how you feeling these days?

Feeling good...a little under the weather...got caught out in the rain a couple of times...but all and all feeling ok...got some good news to share...hubby received a little raise at his job (been working not even two months yet) and they put him on a full-time schedule instead of just working the weekends...so i am proud of him.... :thumbs: ...i guess they really like his work ethics...

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

Timeline
She is not nervous at all. She has mixed emotions and the adjustment has been pretty hard on her. She really loves the mister but at times she just wants it like the way it used to be with just the two of us. There are good days and bad days but we get through them. I just hope it starts getting easier soon.

grouphugg.gif

I really hope my son can adjust well... The good thing is that I have always taken care of SOMEBODY... My Father lived in the spare room for a while, a friend lived with us for a year and a half... someone has almost always been around... My Dad moved out the first of this month and this is the first we have been alone in a long time... He says he can't wait for Astley to come... I just hope he keeps that view...

I wonder what else we can do to make the transition easier for the kids...

(((Philly & Dillon)))

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.