SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part15)

6,679 posts in this topic

So, going back to my Ocean City saga - After I made all the changes, cancelled the 1st reservation, booked another hotel - The one who never has any money and can't ever commit to anything, now has a problem with where we are staying -

She, who travels oh so much, says that the hotel is not nice enough, and she has found some condos that are around $280 per night (over $100 more than we are paying, pre tax) - And I should keep looking and cancel what I found -

#######????? I was so furious - it is based on HER not having money that I booked where I did to keep the cost down, and made all the changes I did - I told her if she wanted to book her own place, go ahead and do it, and the others of us would move to a better hotel -

When are you going to Ocean City? Have you been there before? Let me know how it goes...Hubby wants to go fishing..so I was thinking of making the trip to OC.

It's always hard trying to book travel that fits everyone's budget. I hope that ya'll have fun anyways. Since you probably don't plan on being in the room for the most part of the trip.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thant why when my friends get the idea of going on a trip i opt out because i know that things do not go well ..my friends are party people they love to drink ... and going to places away from home with them scares me cause when we are home im the one who makes sure everyone get home safe and i know i am not trying to do that anywhere else ..a few of them wanted to go new york with me and visit my best friend and i was like naw i want to catch up with my friend ..

I have certain friends I can travel with, certain I CANNOT - The one who is raising the stink falls into the cannot category - for a weekend to OC, I will deal - but I am not babysitting her / waiting for her / dealing with her drama - I will leave her before I do so -

When are you going to Ocean City? Have you been there before? Let me know how it goes...Hubby wants to go fishing..so I was thinking of making the trip to OC.

It's always hard trying to book travel that fits everyone's budget. I hope that ya'll have fun anyways. Since you probably don't plan on being in the room for the most part of the trip.

We're going to Ocean City the 30th of July - Aug 2 - My friends are playing at Seacrets - Normally, I am down there 2-3 times a summer - you definitely should take the hubby there, it's a great place - I love walking on the boardwalk, we usually go over to Assateague, which is SO peaceful and pretty with the ponies running around, and Seacrets is as close as I can get to feeling like I am in an Island club without hopping a plane!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

damn...why is it that SOME people feel the need to turn EVERYthing into a battle?? whether it's to show how much they know about SOMEONE ELSE'S culture, or just being a plain know it all. We are here to HELP and SUPPORT, not to prove who's the best JAFAKAN!!

Just because you are SLEEPING with a Jamaican man, doesn't make you an EXPERT on all things JAMAICAN even more so that JAMAICANS themselves.

Rant over.

FARRRRRRRwud! I just saw dis...

oooooooooooo. what is up wid dis? can someone give me the abbreviated version of this conversation? make it plain...call dem name :D

How is you blue boxes..going? What is your VJ membership status? No heart yet? :luv:

Timeline
Island....you are coming in this weekend, right?

No she is not. :crying:

What? Why not??????

Dahley texted me last night. She seems to be. You might want to contact her and make sure she has details. I remembered where wedding was and time. But, off top of my head (and I was out) couldnt' remember reception details.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I hear you on that my friends that i cant travel with dont live in the same state so usually we are traveling to see one another.. ..so i understand ..

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline
So, going back to my Ocean City saga - After I made all the changes, cancelled the 1st reservation, booked another hotel - The one who never has any money and can't ever commit to anything, now has a problem with where we are staying -

She, who travels oh so much, says that the hotel is not nice enough, and she has found some condos that are around $280 per night (over $100 more than we are paying, pre tax) - And I should keep looking and cancel what I found -

#######????? I was so furious - it is based on HER not having money that I booked where I did to keep the cost down, and made all the changes I did - I told her if she wanted to book her own place, go ahead and do it, and the others of us would move to a better hotel -

ugh.. traveling w/ friends is soo frustrating..

This is why all my friends are guys. All you do is say beer and they follow the plans to a "T".

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
damn...why is it that SOME people feel the need to turn EVERYthing into a battle?? whether it's to show how much they know about SOMEONE ELSE'S culture, or just being a plain know it all. We are here to HELP and SUPPORT, not to prove who's the best JAFAKAN!!

Just because you are SLEEPING with a Jamaican man, doesn't make you an EXPERT on all things JAMAICAN even more so that JAMAICANS themselves.

Rant over.

FARRRRRRRwud! I just saw dis...

oooooooooooo. what is up wid dis? can someone give me the abbreviated version of this conversation? make it plain...call dem name :D

How is you blue boxes..going? What is your VJ membership status? No heart yet? :luv:

I'm trying but it will prolly be another year before mi get one.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Nat you were touched twice did you get your NAO2 YET!!!!!!

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Finesse...a whole year for a heart....keep chatting my dear...

I wanna chat bout JAEnglish' rant cuz it sounds juicy but nobody wan fill me in.

so mi go back to read what happen and I don't see where she is getting this from.....and nobody else does either. everybody de pon 'huh?','i'm lost', 'are you ok?'. So maybe something happen over a PM or something....mi no know

Filed: Timeline

I wanna chat bout JAEnglish' rant cuz it sounds juicy but nobody wan fill me in.

so mi go back to read what happen and I don't see where she is getting this from.....and nobody else does either. everybody de pon 'huh?','i'm lost', 'are you ok?'. So maybe something happen over a PM or something....mi no know

dwl...haaaaaaa you need to have been here at least 16.75 months to know the happenings...

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Are you excited for saturday ? did the groomsmen get it together

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Are you excited for saturday ? did the groomsmen get it together

Hi My2,

Yes I am excited for Saturday and the groomsmen did get it together. I ended up telling them they need to pay by Sunday or there will be a $50.00 late fee and they were all paid by Saturday. :thumbs:

It is going to be very hot here on Saturday so I might melt...LOL!

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Rant over.

You okay, JAE?

I am now :rofl:

Just came to realization, either they are aware of they aren't. If they ARE aware, they aren't going to stop. If they AREN'T aware, then nothing anyone says is going to make a difference anyway....So I release myself from any stress associated with them :D

:rofl::rofl::rofl::bonk:

Finese..yuh wuss dan mi..bout mi a trouble meka..

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Like this was a surprise:

Reality TV stars Jon and Kate are divorcing

dwl...haaaaaaa you need to have been here at least 16.75 months to know the happenings...

We need a really cook smiley showing finesse in the dark. B)

Rant over.

You okay, JAE?

I am now :rofl:

Just came to realization, either they are aware of they aren't. If they ARE aware, they aren't going to stop. If they AREN'T aware, then nothing anyone says is going to make a difference anyway....So I release myself from any stress associated with them :D

:rofl::rofl::rofl::bonk:

Finese..yuh wuss dan mi..bout mi a trouble meka..

And we need a trouble maker smiley... Anyone? I don't know where to start to find them things.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.