SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part15)

6,679 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I had a roommate in college who would not share anything - but she always used everyone else's stuff - One night when we all had overindulged a bit, we put exlax in her milk - the next morning we were walking down the hill to class - she was trying to run back up, while trying to cross her legs and hold it back at the same time - We were wondering what was wrong, then we remembered the night before :whistle:

makes me think of that movie with Queen Latifah and Steve Martin.. too funny

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
finesse, i can imagine how scared u are... GIRL..

QUESTION:

my friend that married an african used a lawyer for their process.. she said the lawyer made a comment to her about why she had not met her hubby's children and didnt she think that was important..

now i guess i can see his point that if the child is out of order or the spouse doesn't hve good parenting skills that it could cause problems, BUT do u think that would keep u from marrying somebody?? was meeting his kids or WOULD meeting a potential mate's kids be necessary b4 moving on into marriage??

i can only speak from my experience. It was very important for my son to meet my SO and vice versa.

but you never know how things will play out after the marraige takes place. A lot of different emotions to deal with. My son had met my husband several times before he became my husband and it was like a match made in heaven. But when we all had to live together, it was whole nother ball game

hmmm.. interesting..i guess things change when they are no longer boyfriend..

you can say that again, girlfriend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline
Oh my goodness why is the radio playing my JAM!!!! Tell me what you want from me by Mase and Total. Remember his?? I’m really jamming in the office I know my co-workers are looking at me like :unsure: Who cares. I swore I was going to marry this man when I was younger. LOL

If you eva lie again girl that will be your last..

Getting crazy biz till we wake the kids…

Does eating a rice krispy treat for breakfast count as cereal?

Nice try....

Oh I remember that.. I was listening to him a few days ago and was cracking up.. He told her don't be looking in the closet everything he came here went is on the front porch.. :rofl:

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Please let's NOT go there on the subject of STOLEN FOOD!!!

This week in our office

my HALF EATEN burrito was stolen

someones's orange juice was slurped

someone had a hole poked in the foil covering her food, possibly to check whether it was worth stealing

half of someone's breakfast sandwich was stolen this morning

OMG TRIFLIN!!!!! smiley-violent111.gif

I had a roommate in college who would not share anything - but she always used everyone else's stuff - One night when we all had overindulged a bit, we put exlax in her milk - the next morning we were walking down the hill to class - she was trying to run back up, while trying to cross her legs and hold it back at the same time - We were wondering what was wrong, then we remembered the night before :whistle:

smiley-laughing001.gif

Edited by phillyfashionista

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Bringing down the house.. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that movie

Timeline

QUESTION:

my friend that married an african used a lawyer for their process.. she said the lawyer made a comment to her about why she had not met her hubby's children and didnt she think that was important..

now i guess i can see his point that if the child is out of order or the spouse doesn't hve good parenting skills that it could cause problems, BUT do u think that would keep u from marrying somebody?? was meeting his kids or WOULD meeting a potential mate's kids be necessary b4 moving on into marriage??

For me - absolutely before marriage - cause those kids become yours - his kids wouldn't stop me from marrying him, but I would want them to feel like they are a part of our life from the get go, and they would need to know me as a person before as a step mom -

totally agree :thumbs:

Happy Friday ppl :dance:

I lost a total of 65 pounds in like 5 or 6 months what i did was weight watchers and i went to the gym three times a week 2 times a week i did spinning classes which is awesome you will drop when incorporating spinning in your work out routine, the only thing is spin class is a hard work but it pays off and you get use to it after the first couple of times. when not doing the spin classes i usually did the elliptical or the prector for a half and hour along with light weights after a while i noticed i stopped losing weight because of course when you first start something it is a shock to the body then after a while you get use to it so i had to step up my work out a lil more and now im noticing im losing again now i work out four times a week in the mornings and watch my eating lunch is lean cusines and dinner is always proportion controlled so far i lost and additional 12 pounds in the past 3 weeks. its really hard to stay in a fatburn zone i always end up doing cardio oh i also do the programs on the machines right now i do the fatburn course on the prector its a half hour with 3 hills...[/b]

Your story brought back memories Neely I remember I tried the spinning class and oh my goodness. At first it was cool I was like I can do this but then the teacher turned into exorcist and I screamed the entire time. You know how you have to go up and down up and down fast faster jeez I couldn’t manage! After a while I was barely moving the instructor kept saying come on you can do it fast faster come on and I knew she was talking to me but I just looked at her like look ooman I cannot get this big rass to keep going up and down so you have two choices. You either let me be and accept the cycling I'm doing or I can say the hell with you and this damn bike I’m ready to throw out the window and move on? I swear she was trying to kill mi fi sure So after a while I think I frustrated her so she left me alone and needless to say when that class was over after I got up from being passed out on the floor I never and I mean ever went to another cycling class again. BEEN there DONE that!!!!

that's why I'm afraid to step one foot into one of those classes

Timeline
i'll be getting a girl so that should even things out in my house cuz lord knows i'm tired of these boys too...video games, rap music, wrestling, my living room being turned into a boxing ring...they are like wild animals..

oh.. that sounds like a happy home to me LOL

Timeline

I know especially when she was trying to teach him some bedroom tricks.. hysterical

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I am BEYOND pissed!!

Sunday I made ackee and saltfish, ackee =$15 saltfish probably $5.

Put in the fridge, and was eating some here and there. Look in the fridge this morning, it's gone. My MIL THREW IT OUT because she thought I didn't want it??????????????????????????

I am so frigging pissed, would I see her LOBSTER TAILS or her STEAK and throw it out???? #######?????

WAH!!! MI WOULDA STAWT CLAP SOME BADWUD..MU GOSH MAN...WHY THE HECK WOULD U ASSUME SMADDY NO WANT SOMETHING CAUSE IT INNA DI FRIDGE SHYT!!

:ot: I need some opinions - Anthony and I have been discussing Jr flying here (WHEN he ever gets that visa). I was planning on going down to get him, but A says that he can/will fly here by himself - said it makes no sense in spending that extra money (which we don't really have) for my ticket. He is 11 so definitely not a baby, but has never flown before - let alone left Jamaica.

And of course on the Today show this morning there was a story about Continential Airlines sending an 8 year old and a 10 year old on the wrong flight - two separate incidences.

Do all airlines allow kids to travel by themselves?

there is an extra cost for the flight staff to attend to them

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Exactly what I read...now what is says if you are a place where you've been conditioned to run and you're able to still hold a conversation then you're still in fat burn zone. I however couldn't hold a conversation while jogging if my life depended on it. The whole 30 min I'm like ok don't die..don't die..don't you damn die WAKEY!! :rofl:

I am bent over my desk LOL on this one!!!!! :rofl::rofl:

And I'm soo serious... that is my running mantra

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

QUESTION:

For me - absolutely before marriage - cause those kids become yours - his kids wouldn't stop me from marrying him, but I would want them to feel like they are a part of our life from the get go, and they would need to know me as a person before as a step mom -

I too agree with this..I can't imagine not. Just for introduction. If they never met have they even had a phone conversation?

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
i'll be getting a girl so that should even things out in my house cuz lord knows i'm tired of these boys too...video games, rap music, wrestling, my living room being turned into a boxing ring...they are like wild animals..

oh.. that sounds like a happy home to me LOL

it is but it took us a long while, a lot of patience and communication to get there. and now we are adding another child to the mix......lord, help me!

Timeline

I know especially when she was trying to teach him some bedroom tricks.. hysterical

the lady from golden girls was HILARIOUS!!! "i thought i heard negro" :rofl::rofl:

Timeline

QUESTION:

I too agree with this..I can't imagine not. Just for introduction. If they never met have they even had a phone conversation?

Yes..some type of dialogue should occur before putting rings on.

the lady from golden girls was HILARIOUS!!! "i thought i heard negro" :rofl::rofl:

:rofl: I forgot that part.. OMG OMG she was humming and singing.. OMG I'm screaming. :rofl::rofl:

Timeline

QUESTION:

yep.. they talk on the phone like once a week.. in THEIR situation. i think the lawyer was just trying to keep my friend's eyes open. alot of things he did and said reminded me of those CO at the embassy.. which i told her was a good thing.. he has ur best interests in mind..

when she told me, i thought i hope to meet roger's kids b4 we get married, but it would not change the fact that i want to marry him..ive talked on the phone w/ them.

but then i was thinking maybe there is something in all of us INTERACTING that could change my perception of roger or the life i think we could have as a family

Edited by dancehallquana

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.