SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part15)

6,679 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
aww tierra..she is GORGEOUS.. its so funny how something seems so bad when ur a child just cuz its different..

i have a gap and was TORTURED when i was little.. i thank God cuz i never remember being really down about it.. now i get soo many compliments on my smile ?????

show her all the magazines that show the women w/ the BIG hair.. she will see there are ALOT of ppl that look like her and are BEAUTIFUL just like her...

She had a little gap with her baby teeth, I hope she still has it when the big teeth come in! See my mom always told me different was a good thing! So I have always liked to be different. I try to do the same with Tierra.

She was upset that one of her little girlfriends was teasing her about her jiggley thighs! I was like well hunny ... you have great thighs and they are NEVER gonna be scrawny, so you have to love them too! Even her dad has some biggish thighs... no skinnies on either side of her family! :-)

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
dillon, one more week

I know and I have so much to do. I am not really stressed about it but I am going to kill the groomsmen any day now. They keep saying they will pay for their tuxes tomorrow...tomorrow comes and they aren't paid. The formalwear shop just called and said they need payment by this weekend. Any suggestion on how to light the fire under 3 Jamaican men's arses? Guess they can stand up there with nothing on if they like because I am getting married regardless of what they are wearing!

oh heck no dillon!! hubby can't get them moving??? man the bridesmaids would be walking by themselves!

Timeline
I've gone natural before, I'm just tired of keeping up with a relaxer. I wished I had never put one in the first place. My sister and I our hair is almost straight, it's just too much to manage, so we put a relaxer in to tame it. Without the relaxer we would walk around looking like ChakaKhan. I've also had locs before, which I had to completely cut off to boy short, wid my big old head, it was cute though for a moment...but mi head look like one flat dumplin, so mi just grow it out which was very fast and permed it again. I know crazy.

That is so funny! I was just telling Tierra yesterday I love her "ChakaKhan hair"... I was singing that song..... she thought I was nuts! I WANT CHAKAKHAN HAIR!

Irie; back in the day when I wore my hair like that people made gave me crazy looks, not it's the in thing.

Tierra doesn't much like it either. But she has the most soft wonderful curls. I really hope she grows into liking them. I think at this point she wants what all the other little girls have.. STRAIGHT hair. She is pretty much the only "brown girl" in her school. One of the volunteer moms has curly hair like her and Tierra just loves her... seeing someone else with her hair makes her happy.

Now Irie is the girls hair just big and curly or are you one of those moms that doesn't know how to style it. I can't remember her age (sorry) but what about some pony tails or maybe some cute stylish corn rows with beds to tame it? little?

Timeline
dillon, one more week

I know and I have so much to do. I am not really stressed about it but I am going to kill the groomsmen any day now. They keep saying they will pay for their tuxes tomorrow...tomorrow comes and they aren't paid. The formalwear shop just called and said they need payment by this weekend. Any suggestion on how to light the fire under 3 Jamaican men's arses? Guess they can stand up there with nothing on if they like because I am getting married regardless of what they are wearing!

Tell them there is a football game,a domino match, a free cell phone give away, free guiness to the first 20 people who reach - but to win anything you have to pay for your tux by Friday am.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
dillon, one more week

oh heck no dillon!! hubby can't get them moving??? man the bridesmaids would be walking by themselves!

He has called them and yesterday one said I am going to do it right now...but nope as of this morning no one has paid. Ya if need be Quana that will happen because my girls are all set and ready to go. And why are men so expensive? My bridemaid dresses were 45.00 and the men just to RENT their tuxes it is $140.00...guess it is because the mister just has to have everyone wearing the premium white tuxs! Breath in breath out....breath in breath out.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline
dillon, one more week

Give the formal wear shop there numbers so they can call and bother them. That is such a pain I hate people agree to be in a wedding and then take there good ole time or don’t do what u need them to do. Do they not know that adds extra stress that a bride doesn’t need.*kissteet*

I was going to tell u to tell them they need to rush and get moving but when you said Jamaican’s I said never mind. Because everything with them is Soon Come… Sometimes I hate the word soon come. I used to be at the airport waiting too long and when you I call ta see where yuh at all I heard was soon come. Hey here’s an idea can you call and tell them they need to pick up there tuxes NOW COME!!! Not soon…. NOW!!!!!

LOL

Timeline
dillon, one more week

Tell them there is a football game,a domino match, a free cell phone give away, free guiness to the first 20 people who reach - but to win anything you have to pay for your tux by Friday am.

HA that was good Sus!!!

Timeline
dillon, one more week

He has called them and yesterday one said I am going to do it right now...but nope as of this morning no one has paid. Ya if need be Quana that will happen because my girls are all set and ready to go. And why are men so expensive? My bridemaid dresses were 45.00 and the men just to RENT their tuxes it is $140.00...guess it is because the mister just has to have everyone wearing the premium white tuxs! Breath in breath out....breath in breath out.

now u see that is mister fault!!! $140 for renting!! DYAM!!

Timeline
dillon, one more week

Dag you found BM dresses for 45.00$$$$$$$ Wow that was a great price. My BM dresses were 165.00. My next wedding is on a beach so the ladies can relax there dresses will be short and simple so it shouldn’t be no great expense there besides getting to the wedding location because they wont be able to drive they'll have to catch a plane. LOL

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
I've gone natural before, I'm just tired of keeping up with a relaxer. I wished I had never put one in the first place. My sister and I our hair is almost straight, it's just too much to manage, so we put a relaxer in to tame it. Without the relaxer we would walk around looking like ChakaKhan. I've also had locs before, which I had to completely cut off to boy short, wid my big old head, it was cute though for a moment...but mi head look like one flat dumplin, so mi just grow it out which was very fast and permed it again. I know crazy.

That is so funny! I was just telling Tierra yesterday I love her "ChakaKhan hair"... I was singing that song..... she thought I was nuts! I WANT CHAKAKHAN HAIR!

Irie; back in the day when I wore my hair like that people made gave me crazy looks, not it's the in thing.

Tierra doesn't much like it either. But she has the most soft wonderful curls. I really hope she grows into liking them. I think at this point she wants what all the other little girls have.. STRAIGHT hair. She is pretty much the only "brown girl" in her school. One of the volunteer moms has curly hair like her and Tierra just loves her... seeing someone else with her hair makes her happy.

Now Irie is the girls hair just big and curly or are you one of those moms that doesn't know how to style it. I can't remember her age (sorry) but what about some pony tails or maybe some cute stylish corn rows with beds to tame it? little?

Dada... I requested you as a friend on FB. Accept me and check out my pics! :-)

Tierra is 7. I cannot do cornrows (she has had twice and looks great but she is TENDER HEADED!!)

I do braids and pig tails... all the time.

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
dillon, one more week

:rofl: never in my life have i seen people get so excited about a damn phone...

Timeline

Sus I am willing to try anything at this point! Plus the guys aren't even getting here until the Friday before so hope they fit. I can't worry about that stuff...I have way to much other stuff to get done.

DaDa I am the queen of looking expensive but not paying a lot. And the girls all love their dresses...this entire wedding has been done as inexpensive as I can. The wedding location only cost me $70.00 and the reception site is only $167.00.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

Thank you all so much. He said that CO was amazed at how organized our folder of evidence was and that she just flipped through it like it was a catalog or something. He said that she didn't pay attention to any of the papers in the folder at all.

She asked about his first marriage...why he didn't show up for the interview...he told her that he happened to meet me before the interview and realized that he married a devil in disguise. He felt that he would be selling his soul to come to America if he went through with it, and he just couldn't do it. She asked how did he know our marriage would work and he told her that it was like God made me especially for him, that we are best friends he loves me and he can tell me anything...that we don't argue and fight but we laugh all the time. He told her that no matter what...we would always be solid.

She asked him did he study for the interview...and he told her that if he didn't know me in almost 5 years he had no business coming to marry me. He said that she smiled a lot and told him that he appeared to really love me. She didn't look at one single picture...they didn't ask for a Non-Impediment form...just took out what they needed and fanned through the pages.

She asked what I did for a living...where did I work...asked about our kids and told him congratulations and welcome to the States.

He said alot of people before him left with long faces and their little single scrappy piece of paper. He was too proud of his folder. LOL he said that he wasn't nervous at all and he could have sat there all day because we have a real relationship, not some made up visa thing.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline
Dada... I requested you as a friend on FB. Accept me and check out my pics! :-)

Tierra is 7. I cannot do cornrows (she has had twice and looks great but she is TENDER HEADED!!)

I do braids and pig tails... all the time.

I'm sorry my computer is down at home and I can’t access FB here at work so I can only check it like every two weeks. As soon as I log on somewhere I'll defiantly accept it!

Edited by DaDa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.