SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part15)

6,679 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
J2A, are you going to Jamaica in 16 days???????

We're going to Jamaica on July 2nd!!! We'll be in Negril for most of that....

Yup! :dance: I'll be there July 3rd. We'll be in Negril too.

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

i have always wanted to go to negril.....i will have to ask you girls for suggestions when and if we ever decide to stay there......richard has never been there either so he will be no good for suggestions LOL.....but he has always wanted to go there as well.....maybe next trip.....

~ 11/06/08 K-1 visa was denied and a 2 year ban placed on our file

~ 02/09/10 married my best friend

28152.png

jamaicajune20090001a.jpg

Timeline
I don't really see the question as being rude. it's something that is polite to ask if you're talking about someone's SO. I ask it all the time, just like I'd ask how kids they have and what ages. Also ask it just in case the husband does something that I need at a later date, ie mechanic, lawyer etc...Then, when I see the person in a few months, years or whatever, I ask them how the kids are doing, ie 'how's your youngest enjoying starting kindergarten'...and say the husband worked for Jiffy Lube, something like 'I took the car into Jiffy Lube the other day, remembered your husband works for them, which one is he at?' etc...For me, it is an effective networking tool, something polite to ask.

I think perhaps the reason why some are thinking it's rude is that you are not happy with what he does?? In which case I guess you could be vague 'he works in banking/transport/hospitality/retail' etc and keep it moving. For me it's a sign of interest, not being nosy. In a corporate environment, it could be considered rude NOT to ask!

I wish for more ppl it truly was about networking, etc. But seriously I have dated “successful” ppl (my kids’ father owns his own business, he’s been successful going on 10 years now), but I really did date someone who was convicted of drugs and murder. If this was truly ppl intentions I would think that someone would be considerate enough to also follow up with information regarding possible opportunities that exist for someone in this situation...like, I know someone who own their own business since it’s your SO maybe they’d be willing to take a chance with him and offer him a job, nothing fancy but something if he’s looking. But nooo you just get a :o look. IMO

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I don't really see the question as being rude. it's something that is polite to ask if you're talking about someone's SO. I ask it all the time, just like I'd ask how kids they have and what ages. Also ask it just in case the husband does something that I need at a later date, ie mechanic, lawyer etc...Then, when I see the person in a few months, years or whatever, I ask them how the kids are doing, ie 'how's your youngest enjoying starting kindergarten'...and say the husband worked for Jiffy Lube, something like 'I took the car into Jiffy Lube the other day, remembered your husband works for them, which one is he at?' etc...For me, it is an effective networking tool, something polite to ask.

I think perhaps the reason why some are thinking it's rude is that you are not happy with what he does?? In which case I guess you could be vague 'he works in banking/transport/hospitality/retail' etc and keep it moving. For me it's a sign of interest, not being nosy. In a corporate environment, it could be considered rude NOT to ask!

I see your point i guess my thoughts were because of who asked me and i know their intentions ( having worked with them for years )

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline

Good morning everyone ... hope everyone has a great day ! I will be clearing out a closet .. great fun lol

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good morning everyone ... hope everyone has a great day ! I will be clearing out a closet .. great fun lol

r u cleaning out a closet to "clean house" as sus has suggested for me???? LOL

~ 11/06/08 K-1 visa was denied and a 2 year ban placed on our file

~ 02/09/10 married my best friend

28152.png

jamaicajune20090001a.jpg

Timeline

r u cleaning out a closet to "clean house" as sus has suggested for me???? LOL

My son needs a place for his toys lol being i wasnt able to get my three bedroom sooooo im cleaning out this big walkin for him to use for his toys

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline

sus are you still in pain today ?

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Filed: Timeline

my2my; did you just pm me?

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

mawning ladies

Lawny I just noticed above ur hearts u have madooman. I couldnt stop laffing :rofl::rofl:

My coworkers are looking at me like :wacko:

It brought me back to when u told us ur son started school on the first day and when the bus was driving off, u were running it down :rofl::rofl:

I LOVE MY RAMPING SHOP!!

Filed: Timeline
mawning ladies

Lawny I just noticed above ur hearts u have madooman. I couldnt stop laffing :rofl::rofl:

My coworkers are looking at me like :wacko:

It brought me back to when u told us ur son started school on the first day and when the bus was driving off, u were running it down :rofl::rofl:

dwl @ 1luv, yes I was running it down and wearing heels at that. Yes, and that's the sign that's on my door today "MADOOMAN" - was suppose to be in Florida right now to take care of some business, but looks like mi afi wait til mi reach Jamaica. Bway mi a tell u family can really tiyah u...

I'm so digusted with the Jamaican police force right now and it don't even make sense to complain...it is so damn SAD, they need to adopt Mavado's song "Money Changer" and stick by it -- for as long as I can remember poor people still a suffah....friggin #######. My aunt went to find out what progress was being made in her daugther's "MUDER CASE" is what we calling it they say it's an accident, the foofool corporal going to ask her if she can read :angry: and what she really doing here...so she start mez pur nize till smadi talk to her and give her some answers.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
my2my; did you just pm me?

yeah '

sus are you still in pain today ?

Yup = And can't take my vicodan at work (well I could, but it would make for an interesting day!)

i bet ewww that sux

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline
Yes she is very controlling..We just had a big fight last night about this.

When Dwayne was coming she told me she wanted to go window shopping and I said well just go and you might see something you like. She replied that she couldn't go without me. I told her she was going to have to break out of this and what was she going to do when I got married. She told me I wasn't married yet and don't go putting all my eggs in one basket cause when Dwayne gets here and meets me he will find out he doesn't even like me. She throws words like knives.

sorry for taking over the thread with my mess but I'm very very weepy today. My heart hurts..

Girl I wish I would have sent his post yesterday, My heart hurts too. So many unanswered questions so many answers I want too know.

My mom can be a mess too. It’s either her way or the highway. I mean if she is feeling your idea she is soooo supportive but if she isn’t god protect the child that has his own. Me and my mom is so very different. I guess I’m still young and I do need to get my ish together but I have this motto that I’m not working just to pay bills. I plan on enjoying life to the fullest as long as I can. I only get once chance at this and I’m going to do it right where as my mom is a stickler for bills and saving. She can’t have no one chasing her down to pay her bills where as me well it doesn’t bother me as much. No No No in no way am I saying my logic is right. I know that eventually my crazy way of thinking is going to catch up to me but for now I’m sorry that is just how I feel.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.