SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part15)

6,679 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
you can't even rely on the fact that it doesn't run in yoru family

i heard a VERY scary statistic the other day

i don't remember the exact figure but is like 3/4 of the women who have breast cancer don;t have any history of it in their family

i was shocked because i always thought not having a history of cancer in your family is a plus

One of my best friends was diagnosed with breast cancer when we were 32 - No family history, she was a vegetarian, athletic,...... everything that is supposedly "right" - She underwent radical treatment, into remission for a year, and then was diagnosed with leukemia - which has been up and down ever since. About 2 years ago I didn't think she would make the week - she weighed 70 lbs (she's 5'10") and was in a wheelchair - But she fought back, and is still fighting -

see this is exactly what i'm talking about

this is the scary thing

she was doing every thing right

i think cancer is more serious than aids

I agree. Ppl are living longer with AIDS!

I was very concerned. I lost a lot of weight and I went to the doctor they ran alot of tests and cant find out why I am losing so much weight. I feel great as ever though. i got my results back and everything is normal.

I LOVE MY RAMPING SHOP!!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

You know in 1988 I wrote my final essay for my last year in high school and it was about cancer and cancer research...basically I wrote that I beleive that there is a cure out there, but the powers that be don't want to let it be known because there is so much money to be made with cancer meds/treatment/research...boy did I make my English teacher angry and the principal of my high school; and they wouldn't publish my essay like the others and some of the essays were more controversial than mine. I was pissed and I'm still pissed 20 plus years later.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
you can't even rely on the fact that it doesn't run in yoru family

i heard a VERY scary statistic the other day

i don't remember the exact figure but is like 3/4 of the women who have breast cancer don;t have any history of it in their family

i was shocked because i always thought not having a history of cancer in your family is a plus

One of my best friends was diagnosed with breast cancer when we were 32 - No family history, she was a vegetarian, athletic,...... everything that is supposedly "right" - She underwent radical treatment, into remission for a year, and then was diagnosed with leukemia - which has been up and down ever since. About 2 years ago I didn't think she would make the week - she weighed 70 lbs (she's 5'10") and was in a wheelchair - But she fought back, and is still fighting -

see this is exactly what i'm talking about

this is the scary thing

she was doing every thing right

i think cancer is more serious than aids

Some cancers act a lot like aids causing immune deficiencies.

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

Filed: Timeline

((((((((((chups))))))))....thanks sus, I put a sign on my door that says "OUT of ORDER"

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Finesse,

If you're still on. Please check your PMs. I sent you a couple questions.

10/03/2009 Mailed N-400

10/05/2009 Package received in Lewisville, TX

10/09/2009 Check cashed

10/13/2009 Received Receipt notice with a 10/8/09 priority date

10/23/2009 Received Biometrics letter

11/02/2009 Biometrics apt

11/11/2009 Case sent to local office for interview scheduling

11/21/2009 Received interview letter with an as of date of 11/18/2009

12/15/2009 Interview scheduled-Approved!!!!

12/15/2009 Oath Ceremony

JOURNEY IS COMPLETE!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
You know in 1988 I wrote my final essay for my last year in high school and it was about cancer and cancer research...basically I wrote that I beleive that there is a cure out there, but the powers that be don't want to let it be known because there is so much money to be made with cancer meds/treatment/research...boy did I make my English teacher angry and the principal of my high school; and they wouldn't publish my essay like the others and some of the essays were more controversial than mine. I was pissed and I'm still pissed 20 plus years later.

I think that way about aids, but I don't know about cancers. There are just so many of them and so many new causes. Still a good paper should be published. Have you tried to tweak it and submit it currently to one of the medical journals. An alternative perspective always seems to be welcomed.

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mawning ladies

Jawi i hope you are feeling better...

Lawney i am so sorry to hear about your co worker, if i was you i would close my door ppl can be so insensitive ...

** I been to hell and back but the key words is I'm back thanks to the grace of god! **

Love...Live...Life... (It's is better to have loved than to have never loved at all)

4/9/09 - Sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center via USPS

4/10/09 - VSC received packet

4/13/09- VSC opened package

4/15/09- VSC mailed NOA1

4/17/09- VSC cashed check

4/17/09-NOA1 online

4/20/09-NOA1 hard copy

4/20/09-Touched

4/20/09- now we wait...

8/27/09- touched

8/31/09- approved!!

9/4/09- letter saying they mailed info to kingston

11/16/09 sent DS230 via email

11/18/09 rec email stating interview was scheduled for Dec

11/19/09 sent email asking what day in Dec and they responded Dec 8th!!!!! 2WEEKS

11/20/09 rescheduled to Dec 22 my preference date

12/22/09 Went to JA 12/9 and di ting is postponed until mi kno it's right!!! mi nah rush into nothing mi rather wait forever and kno everyting proper and sort out then rush and bawl lata... Mi kno when mi ting ah happen it ah happen RIGHT suh fah now mi ah wait likkle more...

DSC02522-1.jpgDSC02523-1.jpg

Hey everyone. It took me a little while to catch up...what in between laughing...hurting...falling asleep. Thank you all for all your wonderful words of encouragement and prayer...they really made my heart well up with love. I really think this time is different. I'm in a LOT of pain...but I feel stronger. I feel that I may actually be able to beat this thing this time around.

Please don't think I'm being selective in anything I say...but I can't remember all the things I wanted to post/respond to...I love each of you.

Congrats to Ells and welcome to the States Mr. Ells.

Congrats Thompson2B!!!!

Congrats RoxcieJoe...

Alright Quana...my baby sis making it happen her way. Do the dang thang ma! Hey Roger!

Hey Claire and Yaads...it took me leaving for you guys to come on. I miss you both terribly.

LoveSponge your adjustment story was very touching. Philly you are just a doll baby. Thank you for always starting off your post with a little prayer for me or just asking how I was recovering. I know you feel troubled by your oldest son...but you have to also understand all that has been put in his little mind and heart by members of the family that meant well....you know...you are the man of the family now...make sure you take care of your mom and your brothers...etc etc. Now, you have a man there taking over his responsibilities and he may feel that you don't need him anymore. I agree that you should have a date night with him...or let him be the only one to do a certain task or chore for you. It will all work out though.

Wow...I'm tired just from typing this little bit. I'll talk to you all later.

Jawi

Jawi,

Praise the Creator you are up and writing, I am so pleased to see you are feeling better! I had major surgery when I was 16 and was out of commission for 3 months so I empathize with you (F) (F) Thanks for taking to time to comment on my issue with my son, I will definitely take head to your suggestions.

I hope you are feeling better today, I know you have your sister there with you so you are in great hands!

I know you are excited the interview is in 2 days! :yes:

Evening ladies!! Hope all has been well... as I read the last page hear, I am assuming Jawi that you have gotten your surgery? HOpe your are feeling better and a hope you have a quick recovery! Take things easy.

I haven't been on here for some time... Congrats to the good news I have missed. I have been working and being a wife. From being on the computer at work, I most of the times don't feel like getting on when I get home.

Me & my hubby are doing fine. He has got himself an electrician job... well, it's not a 9-5, but he has been doing rewiring for a friend. He's making pretty good money for now. Hope it lasts.

Hey Buggy, glad to hear the updates with Hubby and the new gig! :thumbs:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Lovely to see you typing again Jawi!!!!!! Now you can come here EVERY day!!

Congrats Doodles!!!! Cannot WAIT until I can type those words!! How long did the citizenship process take????

Thompson CONGRATS!!!

I sent my oldest son off to London for two months, was crying like a baby. No idea why it hit me harder this time :(

Still crying this morning :(

He messaged me a while ago and asked me why I was crying at the airport lol!

Awwwwwe JaEng,

that is so sweet, its only natural he will always be your baby! I bet he is so excited and ready to spend summer abroad!

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.