SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part15)

6,679 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Again his idea to buy a house. He even saved up money to help with downpayment. He never paid rent in Jamaica and didn't want to pay rent here.. :wacko::wacko:

So...I brought a house. I'm so thankful for his push. I love being a homeowner.

roger says the exact same thing!!!.. it was my ex idea to buy the house plus i couldn't afford the 1400 mortgage alone so i let him have it.. but roger wants to buy a house and a car as soon as he gets here... :whistle: i think i will be ready this time around.

Hey Quanna

Hey Bunz ( Waving)

I have been busting my Raas all day I need a break! :dead:

I have to go home and do my hair, and organize and clean the laundry room because my washer died now I have to make room for the new one! :yes:

Quanna I never did my hair this weekend because the kids were at my Dad's and Hubby kept me busy all weekend "wink wink" so I am Wigalicious today looking like Donna Summer :lol:

omg..girl.. i remember them days.. i swear i was a real life REGINE!! and what a GREAT way to be "occupied" hmmm good think u didn't get ur weave and get it all sweaty and frizzy :rofl:

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Again his idea to buy a house. He even saved up money to help with downpayment. He never paid rent in Jamaica and didn't want to pay rent here.. :wacko::wacko:

lmfao Jay say this all the time :wacko: he already have plans on building ish and making the front room into a studio im like hello this is NYC and i rent an apartment so there will be no building and knocking out walls...

** I been to hell and back but the key words is I'm back thanks to the grace of god! **

Love...Live...Life... (It's is better to have loved than to have never loved at all)

4/9/09 - Sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center via USPS

4/10/09 - VSC received packet

4/13/09- VSC opened package

4/15/09- VSC mailed NOA1

4/17/09- VSC cashed check

4/17/09-NOA1 online

4/20/09-NOA1 hard copy

4/20/09-Touched

4/20/09- now we wait...

8/27/09- touched

8/31/09- approved!!

9/4/09- letter saying they mailed info to kingston

11/16/09 sent DS230 via email

11/18/09 rec email stating interview was scheduled for Dec

11/19/09 sent email asking what day in Dec and they responded Dec 8th!!!!! 2WEEKS

11/20/09 rescheduled to Dec 22 my preference date

12/22/09 Went to JA 12/9 and di ting is postponed until mi kno it's right!!! mi nah rush into nothing mi rather wait forever and kno everyting proper and sort out then rush and bawl lata... Mi kno when mi ting ah happen it ah happen RIGHT suh fah now mi ah wait likkle more...

DSC02522-1.jpgDSC02523-1.jpg

Timeline

and hey i say as long as u UNDERSTAND that u will make some adjustments then u good.. nothing wrong w/ u liking to shop till u drop, but u also know how to balance when need be and not be a drama queen about it.. i think he just took it too personal.. but it is a sensitive subject and probably something he REALLY worries about..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm also curious to know the origin of Jawi's name.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline

DJ and I have talked some about the money -

I will be the first to admit, looking back - I grew up spoiled - My parents always took us on nice vacations, out to eat, bought us what we wanted, paid our credit card bills, covered bounced checks, :whistle:.... I can recognize it now and realize that they gave us ALOT. All of that stopped when I was in college and had a fight with my father and he cut me off - it was a hard lesson to learn, and I damaged the HeLL outta my credit while doing it. It has taken me a long long time to build it back up, and get my spending in order. I am finally in a position where I make good money, know how to save, invest, etc...

I have no problem with the fact that I earn more than DJ or that I will earn more for a while - we have talked about this and he realizes it as well - he knows that it takes time to build up in your career, and that he is gonna have to put in the years to earn it. We have also talked about my concerns of how he is with money - cause when he has it he spends it - So when he first gets here, I expect that to be one of our biggest problems for a while, and we will be doing some strict budgeting / allowances for both of us until we come up with a workable solution for us.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

sus, roger admits that he hs that problem too.. he says he can't tell u where his money goes after he gets it, and that he would rather me handle all of our finances.. now my ex and i both were good w/ money but he was the better saver so i will have to adjust a little to being the "enforcer".. PLUS i don't want to always be the "enforcer" thats no fun, so i know it will be hard at first till he learns to make better decisions..

alright night crew.. im out!! ya'll have fun

Timeline
DJ and I have talked some about the money -

I will be the first to admit, looking back - I grew up spoiled - My parents always took us on nice vacations, out to eat, bought us what we wanted, paid our credit card bills, covered bounced checks, :whistle:.... I can recognize it now and realize that they gave us ALOT. All of that stopped when I was in college and had a fight with my father and he cut me off - it was a hard lesson to learn, and I damaged the HeLL outta my credit while doing it. It has taken me a long long time to build it back up, and get my spending in order. I am finally in a position where I make good money, know how to save, invest, etc...

I have no problem with the fact that I earn more than DJ or that I will earn more for a while - we have talked about this and he realizes it as well - he knows that it takes time to build up in your career, and that he is gonna have to put in the years to earn it. We have also talked about my concerns of how he is with money - cause when he has it he spends it - So when he first gets here, I expect that to be one of our biggest problems for a while, and we will be doing some strict budgeting / allowances for both of us until we come up with a workable solution for us.

well i do have it better then him but not better then you sus lol but im sure hard wrk and dedication will get me there, what worry me is that i am not well off sometimes i get fustrated taking care of myslef, i asked him what do he want to do when he gets here and he said he wants to continue music and his clothing designing which granted they are both really good, but i know that is not going to fly off just like that in NYC i try to explain to him i dont wanna be a admin i wanna be a event planner but i have to do what i have to do to pay the bills right now, i cant have him just doing the entrepreneurship or going to school i dont wanna crush his dreams but i do want him to be realistic...

** I been to hell and back but the key words is I'm back thanks to the grace of god! **

Love...Live...Life... (It's is better to have loved than to have never loved at all)

4/9/09 - Sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center via USPS

4/10/09 - VSC received packet

4/13/09- VSC opened package

4/15/09- VSC mailed NOA1

4/17/09- VSC cashed check

4/17/09-NOA1 online

4/20/09-NOA1 hard copy

4/20/09-Touched

4/20/09- now we wait...

8/27/09- touched

8/31/09- approved!!

9/4/09- letter saying they mailed info to kingston

11/16/09 sent DS230 via email

11/18/09 rec email stating interview was scheduled for Dec

11/19/09 sent email asking what day in Dec and they responded Dec 8th!!!!! 2WEEKS

11/20/09 rescheduled to Dec 22 my preference date

12/22/09 Went to JA 12/9 and di ting is postponed until mi kno it's right!!! mi nah rush into nothing mi rather wait forever and kno everyting proper and sort out then rush and bawl lata... Mi kno when mi ting ah happen it ah happen RIGHT suh fah now mi ah wait likkle more...

DSC02522-1.jpgDSC02523-1.jpg

Timeline
We have also talked about my concerns of how he is with money - cause when he has it he spends it - So when he first gets here, I expect that to be one of our biggest problems for a while, and we will be doing some strict budgeting / allowances for both of us until we come up with a workable solution for us.

I am the opposite :blush:

I told him that he is handling the finances and giving me an allowance :innocent:

Jawi = Jamaica West Indies??

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hmm....for the patois classes, I have no idea how to start :rofl:

Maybe something like you email me in English and I email back in patois? And you translate?

Hahaha..that sounds good! and just keep a running list of them

Philly,

Did you finishe that mac salad? I'm still going by the way..I need to get off this board and get in my car now

~ 4/22/09 - sent I-129F form off to VSC

~ 11/23/09 – Interview Scheduled 11/23/2009

~ 12/09/09 – Picked up visa at MoBay DHL ofc-EXTREMELY late processing

~ 12/13/09 – Arrived at Philadelphia airport

~ 2/14/10 – WEDDING DAY FINALLY

AOS Timeline

~ 2/26/10 – mailed AOS/EAD/AP via USPS confirmed delivery

~ 2/28/10 – delivery confirmed 6:57 am

~ 3/10/10 – rec'd email acceptance confirmation from USCIS

~ 3/16/10 – rec'd NOA1's via mail for I-485, AP and EAD

~ 3/19/10 – Biometrics appt - 3/31/10 11 am

~ 3/24/10 – Walk-in Biometrics appt - 2:00 pm

~ 4/07/10 – Case transferred to National Benefits Center

~ 4/09/10 – Case transferred to CSC for processing

~ 5/01/10 – EAD card ordered rec'd notice via email

~ 5/07/10 – AP rec'd in mail...no notice at all!

~ 5/24/10 – EAP rec'd in mail

~ 6/02/10 – AOS card ordered rec'd notice via email

~ 6/08/10 – rec'd welcome letter in mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Jawi = Jamaica West Indies??

Oh! Clever!

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline

Hey all!!

Hope everyone is doing well.. My comp has been acting really pop down lately, so haven't been able to come online as I wish!!

But just to chime in on today's convo~ right now A is in school but he really wants to drive truck but my issue with that is it will interfer with his school schedule but sitting around at home is killing him not working. He is use to working one to two jobs in JA and he does not want to sign another lease so we are looking into buying a house the end of this year but since he would be a first time buyer he can get all the tax credit but he needs a income to get the loan from the bank so he is stressing about that!! And he is dieing to have is own garden our poor little deck can't take much more plant...

We don't have an issue with saving he had to learn the hard way the amount of money he blew in JA we could have purchase our house cash now. So he has gotten good and I have always being a good saver. The only thing we have an allowance for right now is our saving account we are committed to saving a certain amount each month and then pay bills and the rest is whatever money as well call it!!!

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

OK Ladies I'm going home to mi yaad got busy again!! :clock:

I will have to catch up latah tonight.

REGAL got your last text and deh ratid battery fi dead~ :dead:

Mi Chat to ya latah when mi reach Philly

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I just posted this in the old forum..

Newly...this is a very relevant topic. It's not even for Jamaican men it can be that way for other men too. I think this is a serious conversation and should be joked around. I believe their is truth to some jokes. Men by nature want to be able to provide for their family. They need to have that feeling that they are providing. Like you, I love to shop. When I make even more money, it's only going to get worst. Help me!!! I like my expensive bags and shoes too. I don't have kids yet..so I know that might have to change.

Clearly, I make more than my husband (for now..u know once he blows up or something) and he is not working right now. He is focusing on school, which I'm supporting him in. Which explains why mi nah ready fi BREED!! KIMMY!!!

We have developed a monthly budget..like an allowance...that he gets every month to pay bills and treat me to dinner or something. Totally his idea. I get teased because we are opposite of the traditional husband and wife roles. He does most if not all of the cooking and most of the cleaning (I do dishes since he cooks). And he does most of the fixing up around the house. I know it makes him feel good about being there for me. I waited til he moved here before we painted the house and such.

I knew what I was getting into once he eventually got here. We had this conversation before he came and agreed on an understanding. He did not finish high school in Jamaica and he was not happy about it. Parents couldn't afford to send him. Which explains..why Open Arms for Jamiaca...touches mi heart. *couch* u like that plug ey?

I know me and my fiance have this conversation all the time ... when i tell him about what i have to get or do he starts saying i hate that im not helping and i tell him he does and will help.. I hard for them all i guess. i told him im so used to doing everything alone , Him helping at home will be a relief

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.