So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
i agree. i do believe intelligence and self esteem have a lot to do with it though. if you are going to sit up and beleive that some dude is totally in love with you after talking to him for 20 minutes and then 3 days later he asking you for money while telling you that you are his soulmate and this other bs...then that person is an idiot.

NOoo this can't be true !!!!! So what are you ladies trying to tell me that guy I met on the beach who after talking to him for 20 minutes he told me I was his sole mate and that he could see himself marrying me. He asked me what type of wedding wanted and all so I told him and awww it was so magical.

I told him I was there with my family and he told me to go get them he wanted to meet dad and mom… I was so happy that I met the love of my life and I was about to get married again I asked him to wait right there while I went to get my dad…

UmmI wondering if he’s still waiting???

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

My poor friend falls for this ish every time! I try to show her the light but in the end she always figures it out on her own.

She came to St Lucia to visit me when I was there.. met a guy, next thing I know she is sending money and going down for the holiday with gifts for his kids! ... he got what he wanted and now she doesnt hear from him. I tried to tell her.....

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: Timeline
Yes Sus I know you are not one to keep your suspicions quiet but I am just wondering how vocal others are if they see something wrong. I know I for one will always let someone know if I think they are getting played or being mistreated prime example this girl in my department keeps getting beat up by her man. Well after awhile I got tired of seeing it and hearing about it so I talked to her about it. Ok that didn't work so then I talked to her good friend who in turn talked to her mom after that I just pray. She still has not left him but at least I can sleep better knowing I did what I thought was right in my heart now what she does from there is on her. I offered my assistance she can take it or leave it. All I am really saying is are we here to build each other up or are we here to laugh and gossip about all them who fall? I personally take no satisfaction in hearing about anyone being hurt in ANY relationship because LDR or otherwise it ALL HURTS the same.

That's all you can do. Mi stop chat lang time, I was told I didn't fit the "makeup of the room"...mi still a try figah out wah dat mean. It all boils down to, some people don't like to hear the truth. My cousin is getting married tomorrow and she asked me earlier this year to take part in her wedding. I told her no, I know what her man is about and what's he's been doing and I put it out there and all she could say was that I was jealous...if a so it go, find smadi else fi be your MOH... I just don't want to be a part of that...

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I don't think anyone is that good at hiding them. People just choose to ignore them. The NOT ME syndrome. If there ARE signs, you WILL see them.

Very good point Jomo's girl!

I'm just ditz because I have to ask…G-D is that the sign??? I'm like just stop playing, I don't see no signs if it's there just put it straight in my face b/c I can't read between no lines. H*ll, I'm illiterate! :angry:

Wish it were that easy. Could save a lot of heartache in the end.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Sol, speaking as someone who has been here for a while - I can tell you that many of the members have tried to say things, either on the board or in PMs - think back, it's not always well received - And you know that I personally will call something out if I see it - Even if I am not sure that I am correct - Cause I believe that a woman has a right to know - But not everyone can take hearing it, or wants to hear it, or sees that the person is just trying to have their best interests at heart.

Having been cheated on, and gone through it - I would NEVER EVER EVER want another woman to go through what I went through, and if I can speak up cause I see something, I am gonna do it - But not everyone is receptive to that -

I totally agree :thumbs: . For expample, another US/JA couple invited us to their house. The fiance had just arrived and had no friends yet. Thought it was a good idea to meet Damien to get his point of view of the adjustment. The couple fought the entire time we were there....the man was down right rude and nasty to his girlfriend. We felt so sorry for her. A few days later she called to me they were getting married and wanted my opinion. First, I felt I shouldn't say anything but eventually did. Well, she married him anyway. A few months later, he took off while she was at work :blink: and wiped out her account.

And when I speak to people or share my experience...I start off saying...you know visa fraud is real and even share some horror stories...most will not listen or too busy saying their man will never do this or that.

Timeline
i agree. i do believe intelligence and self esteem have a lot to do with it though. if you are going to sit up and beleive that some dude is totally in love with you after talking to him for 20 minutes and then 3 days later he asking you for money while telling you that you are his soulmate and this other bs...then that person is an idiot.

NOoo this can't be true !!!!! So what are you ladies trying to tell me that guy I met on the beach who after talking to him for 20 minutes he told me I was his sole mate and that he could see himself marrying me. He asked me what type of wedding wanted and all so I told him and awww it was so magical.

I told him I was there with my family and he told me to go get them he wanted to meet dad and mom… I was so happy that I met the love of my life and I was about to get married again I asked him to wait right there while I went to get my dad…

My poor friend falls for this ish every time! I try to show her the light but in the end she always figures it out on her own.

She came to St Lucia to visit me when I was there.. met a guy, next thing I know she is sending money and going down for the holiday with gifts for his kids! ... he got what he wanted and now she doesnt hear from him. I tried to tell her.....

Hey Irie you might see me in St Lucia. It looks like the men look similar to Jamaicnas and I know they'll have a accent.. Umm maybe its time for a new island....LOL

Timeline
i agree w/ u regal and irie.. i personally don't agree w/ the homophobic lifestyle, but would never be cruel or unfair to anyone.. i would expect the same from my mate, if it takes time that is fine, long as he is willing..

SO HOW YUH NO AGREE WID ME TO

You should see the reactions I get when I tell my Caribbean friends that I used to work in a Gay bar :devil::blink:

I went to one a few weeks ago. It was so fun.

One of my best friends used to strip at a gay club (he's not gay). Another is a lesbian.

Yes, Sus.....tell some tales.

I for the life of me will never understand how a guy ca strip for other men but isn't gay?? To me if your not gay maybe your bi?? I mean what man wouldn't mind other men looking at his goods and then when they have to tip you the have to touch them to put the tips in your g-string... Ugh i just can't picture it....

I have been to many gay bars. One of my closest family members is gay and I love them to death so what ever they do I do. They are very entertaining.

He said the tips were incredible. He has stripped for women too. He says they are evil....biting, scratching, pinching, all grabby, and not knowing the limits.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Hey Irie you might see me in St Lucia. It looks like the men look similar to Jamaicnas and I know they'll have a accent.. Umm maybe its time for a new island....LOL

Ssshhhh ... don't tell Louis but I still like a Jamaican accent better! LOL

I do know some nice Lucian men... but I think I got the best looking one! :P

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
i agree with this as well, i do think it has alot to do with self esteem!!! alot of ppl get caught up in that attention you get in JA... in JA every girl that walks pass men act like the gal ANTM personally it dont faze me, this also ties into what i was pissed off about last week the guy who told me he had a fiance filing for him in MIA then next time i see him with this extra extra extra extra fluffy wg in overalls who i knew was not his fiance! then he asks me to introduce him to someone and they dont have to be pretty or young... he is about 28 and fine ####### you dont want somebody pretty???

See dis si why when I went to JA I paid the men whistling and shouting no mind and this is before I knew that most of them were looking for GC. Its just that well yes mi fluffy but mi fine as wine. I get mad attention here in the states so I didn’t need to be anyone’s charity case so all the hooting and hollering phased me none I get it here. Now Roc got my eye because he wasn’t hooting ad hollering he was real laid back just peeping the scene. Umpgh I should have ignored his rass to but such its life.

Anyway I think a lot of ladies fall for the ish because here in the states they don’t get the attention so to have a man acting like he hasn’t seen anything so beautiful since disposable diapers I guess they go off there radar and go for the ookie dookie stuff. I mean I must admit JA men got GAME. Some of them who I listen too I be in awe like if I was more gullable I might actually believe him. Then the put the icing onteh dake by having the mom or aunt come and act like they have fallen in love with the girl too so shoot she doesn’t know any better and next thing you kwno she’s getting money orders to send to USCIS..(Whoooooo I’m too much)

But in defense of my fluffy girls (big ups to all my fluffy girls out there :thumbs: ) don’t hide skinny girls because you all are getting played too. What happens when you see a JA man walking down the street with a woman that looks like she can hoola hoop wth a cheerio?? Missing teeth in the front and looks like she gets drunk every night and she is forever wearing them darn sundresses with the worst non matching shoes.. :rofl: (LOL I’m killing myself today)

I totally agree. I have to remind myself of some of the most fine and georgeous women who've been played or cheated on. Halle Berry pops to mind...

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

I totally agree :thumbs: . For expample, another US/JA couple invited us to their house. The fiance had just arrived and had no friends yet. Thought it was a good idea to meet Damien to get his point of view of the adjustment. The couple fought the entire time we were there....the man was down right rude and nasty to his girlfriend. We felt so sorry for her. A few days later she called to me they were getting married and wanted my opinion. First, I felt I shouldn't say anything but eventually did. Well, she married him anyway. A few months later, he took off while she was at work :blink: and wiped out her account.

And when I speak to people or share my experience...I start off saying...you know visa fraud is real and even share some horror stories...most will not listen or too busy saying their man will never do this or that.

That's why I stop posting stories...I still share some with others...

Most of ya'll remember what happened to my cousin, I got choped up in PM for posting that...it got to the point where people would change there name in VJ just to post an opinion or cuss you out in PM...why bother...ooman up.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

u a comedian?

KK vs. Roxcie

:lol::lol: U're crazy Finesse...

Ironic - Why is the word Fluffy being tossed around today on the same day that we have a new JA member on VJ with a user name of Fluffy? :o

OMG....But Welcome to VJ Fluffy!!!!

I'm going to ask my husband about that word..I wonder if he knows what it mean...

Sol, speaking as someone who has been here for a while - I can tell you that many of the members have tried to say things, either on the board or in PMs - think back, it's not always well received - And you know that I personally will call something out if I see it - Even if I am not sure that I am correct - Cause I believe that a woman has a right to know - But not everyone can take hearing it, or wants to hear it, or sees that the person is just trying to have their best interests at heart.

Having been cheated on, and gone through it - I would NEVER EVER EVER want another woman to go through what I went through, and if I can speak up cause I see something, I am gonna do it - But not everyone is receptive to that -

Yes Sus I know you are not one to keep your suspicions quiet but I am just wondering how vocal others are if they see something wrong. I know I for one will always let someone know if I think they are getting played or being mistreated prime example this girl in my department keeps getting beat up by her man. Well after awhile I got tired of seeing it and hearing about it so I talked to her about it. Ok that didn't work so then I talked to her good friend who in turn talked to her mom after that I just pray. She still has not left him but at least I can sleep better knowing I did what I thought was right in my heart now what she does from there is on her. I offered my assistance she can take it or leave it. All I am really saying is are we here to build each other up or are we here to laugh and gossip about all them who fall? I personally take no satisfaction in hearing about anyone being hurt in ANY relationship because LDR or otherwise it ALL HURTS the same.

Ummm...how do I respond to this. I've seen where people in the group have expressed concerns to people and guess what...they (the ones that didn't like what they heard) ain't on this site no more. People tend to want to hear....what they want to hear. Period.

My husband is very wise..and he always tells me...Kim...don't get involved in lover's affairs. So I'm probably one of the ones that don't provide my vocals ...or typing in this case....to relationship. It's really none of my business. However, if there is a case of physical and emotional harm...like you tell me he is beating you or calling ur very bad names...then I would offer my advice. But as far as on this site and who I think shouldn't go on with their fiance...I really couldn't offer anything. I really only know what that person posts.... Plus, I'm an optimist...I pray that everyone finds love and it works out for everyone.

To add to that....I told ya'll my motto before...Never Say Never.....You think you know sometimes...but somethings can Change. For now, I think GOD that my journey has been positive and I ask for his grace and mercy on my marriage for the rest of our lives.

UmmI wondering if he's still waiting???

u a comedian?

Dada...tapee :bonk: ....u're a NUT!

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.