SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part15)

6,679 posts in this topic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Ironic - Why is the word Fluffy being tossed around today on the same day that we have a new JA member on VJ with a user name of Fluffy? :o

Flowah or Fluffy...my eyes hurt...

Who know wah di term MAMPIE mean?

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Well I think everyone who has shared a story on here is somewhat brave because they are not afraid to share their pain just like they shared their joy. What I do find funny and somewhat hypocritical is the fact that some people are so "happy" for people when they get their visa etc and make plenty of posts about how excited for each other they are but these same people never said anything to the person when they filed for the visa 1 month after meeting the SO but then 6 months after the SO gets here and leaves or some other drama everyone want to talk about how they saw the signs! WELL MY QUESTION IS IF YOU SAW THE SIGNS WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY ANYTHING? MAYBE YOU DIDN'T SAY IT ON THE BOARD BUT DID YOU PM THE PERSON? This is a rhetorical question I have about things I have seen and heard on this board.

Sol, speaking as someone who has been here for a while - I can tell you that many of the members have tried to say things, either on the board or in PMs - think back, it's not always well received - And you know that I personally will call something out if I see it - Even if I am not sure that I am correct - Cause I believe that a woman has a right to know - But not everyone can take hearing it, or wants to hear it, or sees that the person is just trying to have their best interests at heart.

Having been cheated on, and gone through it - I would NEVER EVER EVER want another woman to go through what I went through, and if I can speak up cause I see something, I am gonna do it - But not everyone is receptive to that -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Ironic - Why is the word Fluffy being tossed around today on the same day that we have a new JA member on VJ with a user name of Fluffy? :o

I do!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
We had our interviews the same day...He was dressed so well....

But I wonder sometimes can you not see the signs?

Sometimes people take a chance on love - cuz love doesn't always follow the "rules".

DATS TRUE.. but IMO when it seems to NOT follow the rules, u have to take ur time and make ur decisions w/ GREAT discernment. better i delay the wedding by looking at every lil thing and he prove me wrong than rush into it and he break my heart by proving me right..

:thumbs:

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

Timeline
I'm going to try and find some food I am craving another Taco salad :pop: and pina Colada Frutista Freeze.

Chat bout mi - Philly di one pregnant wid her cravings

:yes:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

i don't know.

want me to guess?

Filed: Timeline
Well I think everyone who has shared a story on here is somewhat brave because they are not afraid to share their pain just like they shared their joy. What I do find funny and somewhat hypocritical is the fact that some people are so "happy" for people when they get their visa etc and make plenty of posts about how excited for each other they are but these same people never said anything to the person when they filed for the visa 1 month after meeting the SO but then 6 months after the SO gets here and leaves or some other drama everyone want to talk about how they saw the signs! WELL MY QUESTION IS IF YOU SAW THE SIGNS WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY ANYTHING? MAYBE YOU DIDN'T SAY IT ON THE BOARD BUT DID YOU PM THE PERSON? This is a rhetorical question I have about things I have seen and heard on this board.

Sol, speaking as someone who has been here for a while - I can tell you that many of the members have tried to say things, either on the board or in PMs - think back, it's not always well received - And you know that I personally will call something out if I see it - Even if I am not sure that I am correct - Cause I believe that a woman has a right to know - But not everyone can take hearing it, or wants to hear it, or sees that the person is just trying to have their best interests at heart.

Having been cheated on, and gone through it - I would NEVER EVER EVER want another woman to go through what I went through, and if I can speak up cause I see something, I am gonna do it - But not everyone is receptive to that -

Exactly!

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

CONGRATS ELL

Clairey yuh no cound iina dis

and yes mi figet bout Jonesie..

thought I saw Jawi on here..anyone here about her surgery?

Claimed...i think is because SHE said so..most dont really know what happened..

U know ..why when a LDR fails from an international country some say its b/c of the GC...u know when ur being used from DAY ONE u just didn't want to SEE IT

I personally don't always believe it is cause of a green card, Kimmy. Sometimes they just don't work out cause of differences.

I agree not always....but in her relationship there were HUGE red flags from day one....I remember her always having send money for this and that reason....I also remember being tarred and feathered for telling her so too....

I agree with this JAE. Which is why the word "claimed" hit me harder then it should've.

It seems to me that there is always some rock flinging on anyone that has shared the negative aspects of their relationship on this board(joyfully inho). Nowmrs cant defend herself but at least she had the guts to share, while others share in pm, phone calls,etc.

I know I'm part of many a discussion as well but I deal with that cause i put myself out there.

However we share is cool but why keep telling who got got. Let's not pretend... ALL relationships have flaws and we ALL have to decide how much we can tolerate. and what one person chooses to deal with may be too much for the next but it don't make anyone better or less cause it something they have live with.

I love that quote right there! Wakey i commend you for being brave enough to keep it real and let it be known that this process do not always end up in a dream land... I dont throw rocks but i cant help with questioning certain things that appears odd to me, i try to adjust my train of thought and give everybody "love" the benefit of doubt because you just never know... but certain things are obvious a la Ana Nicole Smith...

** I been to hell and back but the key words is I'm back thanks to the grace of god! **

Love...Live...Life... (It's is better to have loved than to have never loved at all)

4/9/09 - Sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center via USPS

4/10/09 - VSC received packet

4/13/09- VSC opened package

4/15/09- VSC mailed NOA1

4/17/09- VSC cashed check

4/17/09-NOA1 online

4/20/09-NOA1 hard copy

4/20/09-Touched

4/20/09- now we wait...

8/27/09- touched

8/31/09- approved!!

9/4/09- letter saying they mailed info to kingston

11/16/09 sent DS230 via email

11/18/09 rec email stating interview was scheduled for Dec

11/19/09 sent email asking what day in Dec and they responded Dec 8th!!!!! 2WEEKS

11/20/09 rescheduled to Dec 22 my preference date

12/22/09 Went to JA 12/9 and di ting is postponed until mi kno it's right!!! mi nah rush into nothing mi rather wait forever and kno everyting proper and sort out then rush and bawl lata... Mi kno when mi ting ah happen it ah happen RIGHT suh fah now mi ah wait likkle more...

DSC02522-1.jpgDSC02523-1.jpg

Timeline

Yes Sus I know you are not one to keep your suspicions quiet but I am just wondering how vocal others are if they see something wrong. I know I for one will always let someone know if I think they are getting played or being mistreated prime example this girl in my department keeps getting beat up by her man. Well after awhile I got tired of seeing it and hearing about it so I talked to her about it. Ok that didn't work so then I talked to her good friend who in turn talked to her mom after that I just pray. She still has not left him but at least I can sleep better knowing I did what I thought was right in my heart now what she does from there is on her. I offered my assistance she can take it or leave it. All I am really saying is are we here to build each other up or are we here to laugh and gossip about all them who fall? I personally take no satisfaction in hearing about anyone being hurt in ANY relationship because LDR or otherwise it ALL HURTS the same.

Edited by solsoeur

Opportunities are like sunrises - if you wait too long, you miss them.

William Arthur Ward

Timeline
i agree. i do believe intelligence and self esteem have a lot to do with it though. if you are going to sit up and beleive that some dude is totally in love with you after talking to him for 20 minutes and then 3 days later he asking you for money while telling you that you are his soulmate and this other bs...then that person is an idiot.

NOoo this can't be true !!!!! So what are you ladies trying to tell me that guy I met on the beach who after talking to him for 20 minutes he told me I was his sole mate and that he could see himself marrying me. He asked me what type of wedding wanted and all so I told him and awww it was so magical.

I told him I was there with my family and he told me to go get them he wanted to meet dad and mom… I was so happy that I met the love of my life and I was about to get married again I asked him to wait right there while I went to get my dad…

UmmI wondering if he’s still waiting???

Timeline
Morning/Afternoon Yardies!

Just on here real quick to let you all know the good news. No work until Monday so I'll be catching up next week (home computer's dead from a virus). Anyway, HE IS HOME WITH ME! The visa was ready for pick up the following Wednesday & we came in to Miami last night & the immigration process was pretty smooth. We only waited maybe 20-30 minutes & they were then calling us up & giving us the rundown of having to get married within 90 days. Now, a wedding to plan. We got in late last night & he's in awe of his surroundings....said yesterday was too much excitement for one day. Well, I'll fill you all in on Monday & I'm happy to be home & so is he. Have a great Friday & weekend everyone! :thumbs:

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.