SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part15)

6,679 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I don't think homophobia is just a Jamaican thing... maybe a Caribbean thing. Louis has a big problem with it.

I work in travel and went to art school.... I have many gay friends. Maine has a very large gay community. I like to introduce Louis to people, let him talk to them... get to know them for a minute, then tell him. I hope to slowly chip away is predjudice.

My mother's boss is gay. He paid for all the flowers at our wedding! I can see wheels of change turning is Louis' mind!

It will take time. Damien is getting better. My daughter's best friend (a boy) jumped out of the closest over our house a few weeks ago. :blink: I thought Damien was going to flip but he handled it well.

What does that mean? physically or told ya'll he was gay?

He told us. We had no idea or warning...that's why I said jumped out of the closest.

:rofl:

On a serious note. That has got to be so hard to do. come out of the closet and looking for acceptance from those people that you just came out to.

How did Damien handle it?

When he told us..our eyes went straight to Damien :unsure: . Damien politely excused himself and went for a walk. Much better than I thought. He made a few jokes later that evening...that's it. Her friend comes to our house often so I wonder how Damien will treat him in the future.

His mother is one of my best friends. She doesn't know yet. He promised me not to tell her. What should I do?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Irie - I need cooking lessons. My veggies taste terrible. I have to find a way to season them. My instructor is no help because she juices everything and only eats raw foods :o

I just experiement.. sometimes things come out great! and others.. blah. Roasted veggies have lots of flavor. Slow roasting or grilling.. makes the natural sugars come out. Yum!

Well, I really want the basics....looking for online for cooking lessons.

Philly - can u eat non-dairy yogurt?

Hey Shemmy,

I have never tried it but I will check it out this weekend. I like soy products and when I was a kid my Mom overkilled me with the soy :blink:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
why is my mom already trying to put roger to work??? she asked does he do any carpentry (cuz she knows he has done some tiling and cabinetry work) chat bout she want a lil deck outside :o:rolleyes:

LMAO your Mom and mine must be chatting on the phone :rofl:

My Mom just told me this morning she is sooooooo happy Damian does " Everything" :blink: you know i was thinking and what does " man" do :whistle:

GIRL!!! my mama's CRAZY JEALOUS boyfriend is not gonna let him within 10ft of the house by himself i am sure so i don't know why my mama is playing.. he is hopeless when it come to handyman stuff but yet he don't like when other PROFESSIONAL men come over and do it???? :blink::blink: girl that is a whole nother story.. i wish i would let roger go over there and deal w/ his foolishness..

I just experiement.. sometimes things come out great! and others.. blah. Roasted veggies have lots of flavor. Slow roasting or grilling.. makes the natural sugars come out. Yum!

I made a grilled veggie salad the other night that was so good - I grilled zucchini, eggplant, peppers, onions and mushrooms - Cooked brown rice, then mixed the veggies and the rice together - Made a dressing with fresh lemon juice, olive oil, grated garlic, and basil, and tossed it all together -

ummm. this sounds good!! what do u grill the veggies w/ just butter, and a lil seasoning?? ya'll bear w. me LOL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:wacko: i give up!

everytime i think i've read through the last page i see another :bonk:

i can't keep with onoo!

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline

Finesse..since living in this country I have grown to accept it..as long as gasy dont try bringing that ish to me. To each his own in my book now..still think they way they live is against my beliefs but i can't force my own on anyone..so only they will answer to the most HIGH

LMAO @ Bunz

But I wonder sometimes can you not see the signs?

In the duped cases I know personally...there were huge red flags but the women chose not to see them.

KK...if u have someome that wats the GC bad enough most will not see a dyam sign

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
no war gwaan here kimmy w/ ya facety self :rofl:

put the bell down LOL..

i have a friend married after knowing her husband 1mnth, she said it was love at first sight, he swept her off her feet, spend money on her, talked to her like a queen..

he was illegal here and altho i don't want to say "GC" and i won't to her.. it seems soooo suspect man!

he told her he didn't want to have any kids cuz he already have 2 and want to bring them to the US.. when she protests he says maybe ONE!!! he don't spend much time w/ her friends and family BUT he do always bring her around his??? so he has me real confused, maybe its just his personality not fraud??

ohh it mek mi suh rhatid VEX.. cuz i am like be up front.. there is SOME women that will help u in ur quest for the GC but don't play w/ ppl emotions.. and u right kimmy, maybe the signs should have made her think twice.. and she is kicking herself for it now.. she didn't know he was illegal b4 they married.. :(

A lot of people are not even familiar with being illegal. Seriously...they think of people from mexico...with is so wrong.

So I can see why she probably didn't think to confirm his legal status.

why is my mom already trying to put roger to work??? she asked does he do any carpentry (cuz she knows he has done some tiling and cabinetry work) chat bout she want a lil deck outside :o:rolleyes:

Oh..my mom does that to Ryan. I travel there for work a couple of weeks..and he opted not to go down. Cause he knew it was not going to be a vacation. Someone...one of my moms bad a@@ grandkids punch a hole in the closet wall. She wanted Ryan to patch it up...when she got two grown men living in her house...My dad...and my brother.

Hmmmph.... :wacko:

right on BOTH counts... i had to hip my friend to the game cuz i do have a lot of friends that are africans that have overstayed l so i asked her, she said that she thought cuz he was working he was legal.. so she asked and found out the truth, but she still feel no way cuz she said he did try to tell her about it but she guess she didn't understand.. hmmmm

and my mom have both HER MAN and MY BROTHER at home..

Finesse..because it is OUR culture just as accepting gays is apart of American culture..Being gay is against the law in JA. U can get charged the last time i checked..Bugary is its name...this goes back from UNDER eNGLISH RULE

This is very true, not only do you have to worry about the charge but getting beat or killed!

****ROC VSC****

Timeline
Finesse...u made top 20 posters for yesterday...click on My Assistant and select top 20 posters today...ur on the list. of course Kimmy and lawny made the cut too.

:dance: i deserve an award!

sus can u find us a trophy for finesse??? get ur acceptance speech ready!

I agree not always....but in her relationship there were HUGE red flags from day one....I remember her always having send money for this and that reason....I also remember being tarred and feathered for telling her so too....

yes dis was when everyting was u must say songrats and all will be fine

Maybe Eng...can smell it for miles away? I think I stayed out of the way from being tarred and feathered back in the days.

:wacko: i give up!

everytime i think i've read through the last page i see another :bonk:

i can't keep with onoo!

Hey Bunz ( Waving) That's what I said, I'm trying to do some work in between psots :whistle: but dang! :lol:

Edited by phillyfashionista

****ROC VSC****

Timeline

I agree not always....but in her relationship there were HUGE red flags from day one....I remember her always having send money for this and that reason....I also remember being tarred and feathered for telling her so too....

yes dis was when everyting was u must say songrats and all will be fine

Maybe Eng...can smell it for miles away? I think I stayed out of the way from being tarred and feathered back in the days.

dont worry u have ur own TAR AND FEATHER cases..ur very SPECIAL KK

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

I need 222 more posts to get to my Platinum status LOL

oooh 221 more now :thumbs:

****ROC VSC****

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Finesse..since living in this country I have grown to accept it..as long as gasy dont try bringing that ish to me. To each his own in my book now..still think they way they live is against my beliefs but i can't force my own on anyone..so only they will answer to the most HIGH

LMAO @ Bunz

But I wonder sometimes can you not see the signs?

In the duped cases I know personally...there were huge red flags but the women chose not to see them.

KK...if u have someome that wats the GC bad enough most will not see a dyam sign

and i hope my husband can genuinely feel the same way about it...you don't have to agree with it but just accept people for who they are

Timeline

i agree w/ u regal and irie.. i personally don't agree w/ the homophobic lifestyle, but would never be cruel or unfair to anyone.. i would expect the same from my mate, if it takes time that is fine, long as he is willing..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.