SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part15)

6,679 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I just experiement.. sometimes things come out great! and others.. blah. Roasted veggies have lots of flavor. Slow roasting or grilling.. makes the natural sugars come out. Yum!

I made a grilled veggie salad the other night that was so good - I grilled zucchini, eggplant, peppers, onions and mushrooms - Cooked brown rice, then mixed the veggies and the rice together - Made a dressing with fresh lemon juice, olive oil, grated garlic, and basil, and tossed it all together -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I just experiement.. sometimes things come out great! and others.. blah. Roasted veggies have lots of flavor. Slow roasting or grilling.. makes the natural sugars come out. Yum!

I made a grilled veggie salad the other night that was so good - I grilled zucchini, eggplant, peppers, onions and mushrooms - Cooked brown rice, then mixed the veggies and the rice together - Made a dressing with fresh lemon juice, olive oil, grated garlic, and basil, and tossed it all together -

Sounds good :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Yea I'm going to the interview. I don't care if they are mad about the visa fee or not. I'm going to tell them they need to train the people at NCB better so they know what they're doing. Now my only concern is the No Imped. I still don't understand why we are getting the run around on that. We ordered it around May 6th.

Mrs. T; I don't understand why are they giving ya'll the run around. You should have had it by the 12th. We got ours in 5 days. Where does your SO live?

He lives in MoBay

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

I don't think homophobia is just a Jamaican thing... maybe a Caribbean thing. Louis has a big problem with it.

I work in travel and went to art school.... I have many gay friends. Maine has a very large gay community. I like to introduce Louis to people, let him talk to them... get to know them for a minute, then tell him. I hope to slowly chip away is predjudice.

My mother's boss is gay. He paid for all the flowers at our wedding! I can see wheels of change turning is Louis' mind!

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

no war gwaan here kimmy w/ ya facety self :rofl:

put the bell down LOL..

i have a friend married after knowing her husband 1mnth, she said it was love at first sight, he swept her off her feet, spend money on her, talked to her like a queen..

he was illegal here and altho i don't want to say "GC" and i won't to her.. it seems soooo suspect man!

he told her he didn't want to have any kids cuz he already have 2 and want to bring them to the US.. when she protests he says maybe ONE!!! he don't spend much time w/ her friends and family BUT he do always bring her around his??? so he has me real confused, maybe its just his personality not fraud??

ohh it mek mi suh rhatid VEX.. cuz i am like be up front.. there is SOME women that will help u in ur quest for the GC but don't play w/ ppl emotions.. and u right kimmy, maybe the signs should have made her think twice.. and she is kicking herself for it now.. she didn't know he was illegal b4 they married.. :(

A lot of people are not even familiar with being illegal. Seriously...they think of people from mexico...with is so wrong.

So I can see why she probably didn't think to confirm his legal status.

why is my mom already trying to put roger to work??? she asked does he do any carpentry (cuz she knows he has done some tiling and cabinetry work) chat bout she want a lil deck outside :o:rolleyes:

Oh..my mom does that to Ryan. I travel there for work a couple of weeks..and he opted not to go down. Cause he knew it was not going to be a vacation. Someone...one of my moms bad a@@ grandkids punch a hole in the closet wall. She wanted Ryan to patch it up...when she got two grown men living in her house...My dad...and my brother.

Hmmmph.... :wacko:

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
why is my mom already trying to put roger to work??? she asked does he do any carpentry (cuz she knows he has done some tiling and cabinetry work) chat bout she want a lil deck outside :o:rolleyes:

:lol: How long is Roger going to be here?

don't know yet.. this visit is to find out where we want to go w/ this relationship. afterwards Roger wants me to come to JA and we marry there and start filing so it may be a minute b4 we see each other again w/ the immigration monster eating all our money..so maybe at least 3 mnths. he has saved up his money to help out a bit , and my income can hold us all up for at least a couple of mnths..

Timeline
I don't think homophobia is just a Jamaican thing... maybe a Caribbean thing. Louis has a big problem with it.

I work in travel and went to art school.... I have many gay friends. Maine has a very large gay community. I like to introduce Louis to people, let him talk to them... get to know them for a minute, then tell him. I hope to slowly chip away is predjudice.

My mother's boss is gay. He paid for all the flowers at our wedding! I can see wheels of change turning is Louis' mind!

It will take time. Damien is getting better. My daughter's best friend (a boy) jumped out of the closest over our house a few weeks ago. :blink: I thought Damien was going to flip but he handled it well.

My husband is like...just don't get close to him ...

He was in Walmart doing a return and a gay guy was behind him and was a little to close. He told me he gave him the "Back the F$%K Up look" and moved his basket up.

But he says he understand it's american culture...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Finesse..because it is OUR culture just as accepting gays is apart of American culture..Being gay is against the law in JA. U can get charged the last time i checked..Bugary is its name...this goes back from UNDER eNGLISH RULE

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

my husband was very homophobic too. When he first came here, he was shocked just to see 2 dudes walking down the street holding hands. I have a few gay (male) friends and he has since come to be friends with them too and doesn't even think about them being gay anymore but just as people...

It will take time. Damien is getting better. My daughter's best friend (a boy) jumped out of the closest over our house a few weeks ago. :blink: I thought Damien was going to flip but he handled it well.

What does that mean? physically or told ya'll he was gay?

Timeline
Oh..my mom does that to Ryan. I travel there for work a couple of weeks..and he opted not to go down. Cause he knew it was not going to be a vacation. Someone...one of my moms bad a@@ grandkids punch a hole in the closet wall. She wanted Ryan to patch it up...when she got two grown men living in her house...My dad...and my brother.

Hmmmph.... :wacko:

That's funny. Damien is the ONLY male in my family who visits my grandmother, cousins and aunts. I feel bad because they always put him to work :wacko:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey TL;

Can I use a wire hanger and some foil paper, will that still work?

:rofl: Not anymore my friend!!! Yuh need da box..... :lol::yes:

Tre....she is WRONG.

Make yourself a halo with the hanger and foil. Put it on your head. Climb on your roof. Start flapping your arms and doing a chicken dance. Your TV signal will come in just fine.

tinfoil_hat_antenna.jpg

OK..BOAL..AHAHHAAH

ok..my topic wasn't controversial enough

LETS NOW FOCUS ON JG AND FINESSE..ROUND 2

trouble maker

yup...yuh know it

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Finesse..because it is OUR culture just as accepting gays is apart of American culture..Being gay is against the law in JA. U can get charged the last time i checked..Bugary is its name...this goes back from UNDER eNGLISH RULE

for real? see i knew there had to be something else to it

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

O. that's cool. I think you don't have to like the lifestyle they chose..just be tolerant.

~ 4/22/09 - sent I-129F form off to VSC

~ 11/23/09 – Interview Scheduled 11/23/2009

~ 12/09/09 – Picked up visa at MoBay DHL ofc-EXTREMELY late processing

~ 12/13/09 – Arrived at Philadelphia airport

~ 2/14/10 – WEDDING DAY FINALLY

AOS Timeline

~ 2/26/10 – mailed AOS/EAD/AP via USPS confirmed delivery

~ 2/28/10 – delivery confirmed 6:57 am

~ 3/10/10 – rec'd email acceptance confirmation from USCIS

~ 3/16/10 – rec'd NOA1's via mail for I-485, AP and EAD

~ 3/19/10 – Biometrics appt - 3/31/10 11 am

~ 3/24/10 – Walk-in Biometrics appt - 2:00 pm

~ 4/07/10 – Case transferred to National Benefits Center

~ 4/09/10 – Case transferred to CSC for processing

~ 5/01/10 – EAD card ordered rec'd notice via email

~ 5/07/10 – AP rec'd in mail...no notice at all!

~ 5/24/10 – EAP rec'd in mail

~ 6/02/10 – AOS card ordered rec'd notice via email

~ 6/08/10 – rec'd welcome letter in mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.