SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part15)

6,679 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
That is too strict for me. I can do a veg. lifestyle but it's always the modified version because I love seafood.

I love shrimp LOL I will most likely have to modify it like my Mom does! Also the processed foods, I love yogurt and grape nuts and that is a crucial part of my diet so I really have to modify this.

Philly, if I can remember correctly, only the Bobo rasta are STRICT

I'm going to do my research I have a great Rastafarian Book that I have started and will find out which tribe has the least strict guidelines for Ital food. I think we can do this :thumbs: It will be healthier for everyone, also better for my pockets my grocery bill is off the chain and I am a coupon and comparison shopper :blink:

That is the best part! Grocery bills tend to be lower than when I was eating meat... but Veg Organic can be a bit expensive. This time of year though we have Great farmer's markets.

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Philly, if I can remember correctly, only the Bobo rasta are STRICT

I'm going to do my research I have a great Rastafarian Book that I have started and will find out which tribe has the least strict guidelines for Ital food. I think we can do this :thumbs: It will be healthier for everyone, also better for my pockets my grocery bill is off the chain and I am a coupon and comparison shopper :blink:

Philly, if my memory serve mi, this is from childhood, I think there are three houses or orders

Bobo Shanti

Niyahbingi

Twelve Tribes

That's a start on your research...my cousins are here from Florida a lot of them and most of them a rasta (Bobo)...send mi a message on fb if you have questions and mi we ask dem

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Miz J,

LOL please don't tell me you have on a suit and everyone else is in jeans? Don't feel bad I have done that before too :wacko:

Haaa JA soon come for you :thumbs:

Are you going to Odunde? we must link and talk about Feb :star:

And there's an office party today for two ppl who are leaving.

Oh no girl, something happened so I don’t think it’s going to be Feb. (Nothing like that, we're still good, just some of my crazy antics. Plus my company and thus my job is unstable and unfortunately due to a retainer I can’t even get out.) So I’m looking at another date. We’re going to have to discuss it more when I’m there in July. But I don’t think I’m mentally prepared for Feb. (I don’t want it to be rushed and I’m feeling rushed. I want it to be right and natural.) With all that is involved though with the planning, I’m to the point where I might do like you said and one day we just get up and go. I’ll tell everyone once he’s here. They’ll think he came on a K-1 but it will really be a CR-1 and we’ll have a ceremony and everything once he gets here. My family doesn’t know the process so it won’t matter. The only thing is my mom will have a fit but she’s a big mouth and she won’t be able to keep it secret. She’ll tell everyone they’re already married. :yes:

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

Timeline
JG - I'm getting like that about the phone. I would rather chat via text and email. I don't know why. It keeps me from getting into any mix ups...lol.

Well, for one thing, I can carry on more then one conversation at a time.

All kidding aside, you guys think the hard part was the filing and waiting. I promise you these women on here will be of more value to you after he gets here then you ever thought possible.

Just cause you don't read it in public, does not mean there isn't some well needed advice being given every single day on here. Always remember you are not alone no matter what you are going through. Someone has been there done that and survived.

Amen..Lord knows...

Smaddi ring mi up an sey dat mi need fi log back on an check in wid alla yuh cause yuh chat bout vets an all dem tings an mi ears did a ring…so here mi be :D

So how is everyone? Long time…hope everyone is doing well.

:crying::crying:

and all my fallen homies

BOAL!!!!

Noooooooooo! :rofl::rofl: Why are they "fallen"??

girl u would have to go back many many many many threads and read

Is there a difference between Ital and vegan foods?

no salt in Ital i believe

OMG....all those rules and then no salt? Definately not for me.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
All kidding aside, you guys think the hard part was the filing and waiting. I promise you these women on here will be of more value to you after he gets here then you ever thought possible.

Just cause you don't read it in public, does not mean there isn't some well needed advice being given every single day on here. Always remember you are not alone no matter what you are going through. Someone has been there done that and survived.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

OK THE LIST OF "OLE" FOOTS

JG

KIMMY

QUANNA

SHEMMY

KK

JALOVE

CLAIRE

ENGLISH

SUS

FINESSE

who mi a figet

who are still here?

I remember FutureMrs...changed to NowMrs....her SO had interview the same day.

and then her husband got here and she claimed she was duped...

Claimed????

Yeah, I didn't like that word either.

since when do we have to watch what we say on here?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
Here's some controversy

OK..so some of u ladies here are with a Rasta man. From my understanding a real rasta man wouldn't be with anyone but his Black African Empress...is that so..and are ur SOs true rastas?

Well, Louis would say he is a "true" Rasta for sure. I am the 1st white girl he was ever with. People gave him a hard time about.. got lots of yells from people on the road when we were driving etc...

But people like his uncle, who is Rasta, accepted me, that was all that mattered to Louis. He calls me "sister" and "empress" and all that... it always makes me smile.

Him loving me does not change his faith.

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Hey Miz J,

LOL please don't tell me you have on a suit and everyone else is in jeans? Don't feel bad I have done that before too :wacko:

Haaa JA soon come for you :thumbs:

Are you going to Odunde? we must link and talk about Feb :star:

And there's an office party today for two ppl who are leaving.

Oh no girl, something happened so I don't think it's going to be Feb. (Nothing like that, we're still good, just some of my crazy antics. Plus my company and thus my job is unstable and unfortunately due to a retainer I can't even get out.) So I'm looking at another date. We're going to have to discuss it more when I'm there in July. But I don't think I'm mentally prepared for Feb. (I don't want it to be rushed and I'm feeling rushed. I want it to be right and natural.) With all that is involved though with the planning, I'm to the point where I might do like you said and one day we just get up and go. I'll tell everyone once he's here. They'll think he came on a K-1 but it will really be a CR-1 and we'll have a ceremony and everything once he gets here. My family doesn't know the process so it won't matter. The only thing is my mom will have a fit but she's a big mouth and she won't be able to keep it secret. She'll tell everyone they're already married. :yes:

If you no readi, tek u time.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Clairey yuh no cound iina dis

and yes mi figet bout Jonesie..

thought I saw Jawi on here..anyone here about her surgery?

Claimed...i think is because SHE said so..most dont really know what happened..

U know ..why when a LDR fails from an international country some say its b/c of the GC...u know when ur being used from DAY ONE u just didn't want to SEE IT

I personally don't always believe it is cause of a green card, Kimmy. Sometimes they just don't work out cause of differences.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Clairey yuh no cound iina dis

and yes mi figet bout Jonesie..

thought I saw Jawi on here..anyone here about her surgery?

Claimed...i think is because SHE said so..most dont really know what happened..

U know ..why when a LDR fails from an international country some say its b/c of the GC...u know when ur being used from DAY ONE u just didn't want to SEE IT

See Finesse...this is one of thos topics that can speed up your journey to heartism...or whatever Quana called it yesterday.

Here's some controversy

OK..so some of u ladies here are with a Rasta man. From my understanding a real rasta man wouldn't be with anyone but his Black African Empress...is that so..and are ur SOs true rastas?

Well, Louis would say he is a "true" Rasta for sure. I am the 1st white girl he was ever with. People gave him a hard time about.. got lots of yells from people on the road when we were driving etc...

But people like his uncle, who is Rasta, accepted me, that was all that mattered to Louis. He calls me "sister" and "empress" and all that... it always makes me smile.

Him loving me does not change his faith.

Yeah Irie; Louis must practice Twelve Tribes (not that they're not true rastas), but that's the largest group (I think) they're a bit more flexible when it comes to their believes and what may or may not be acceptable.

Most of the rastas in my family a Bobo and they're so damn strict it's not even funny, you can't even cuss around them and they only "smoke" on the sabbath (which they take very serious) and I think their woman can't handle food if they're on their period. I have to ask my cousin when I get home. I should have copied the DVD my friend sent for my son to help with his school presentation, but I promised him I wouldn't.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good Morning Good Morning

Congrats to Roxie and hope everyone is having a wonderful Friday morning.

It is DOWNPOURING here and I really could use some heat and sun...Maybe tomorrow.

Mawning Irie, I know your Hubby is Rasta, do you and your daughter eat Ital or only your husband?

sorry if you answered this before I haven't fully caught up yet :blush:

Louis and I do for the most part.... he is more strict than me.

Tierra eats what she wants. :-)

does the food make you feel healthier?

Shemmy....I'm still waiting on the food list... :whistle:

I think so! Red meat does bad things to me. No one drinks cow's milk in this house... if we did.... :no:

Organic and natural foods really do make me feel better, but I also have had digestive problems and had my Gall Bladder out in my 20's

I can deal with a Vegan meal now and again... but I cannot live without somethings... like honey!

Irie - I had a vegan peanut butter, banana and agave nectar (replace honey) the other day at Busboy and Poets...de-lish :yes:

Timeline
good mawning everyone.. glad to hear that jawi's surgery was a success and roxie had her interview.. i know she could hardly sleep last night!

hey u guys, tell me bout these converter boxes?? i am clueless.. if u have cable then u don't need to convert right?? if i buy another tv, is there a certain TYPE of tv i should buy if i don't have cable that will not need the converter box?? anybody know..

If you have cable, you don't need box.

If you buy new tv, ask where you buy it. They should be able to advise.

Otherwise, you will need a converter box if you dont' have cable.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

good mawning everyone.. glad to hear that jawi's surgery was a success and roxie had her interview.. i know she could hardly sleep last night!

hey u guys, tell me bout these converter boxes?? i am clueless.. if u have cable then u don't need to convert right?? if i buy another tv, is there a certain TYPE of tv i should buy if i don't have cable that will not need the converter box?? anybody know..

You are right about the cable - the converter box is only if you use analog or an atenna (like the rabbit ears that used to be on the tvs) I don't think it will have anything to do with the kind of tv you have but I'm not positive about that.

Hey TL;

Can I use a wire hanger and some foil paper, will that still work?

tep aff a mi name

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I understand Irie..BUT i wonder if Rastafarianism varies from culture to culture..they kind of make it what fits them?

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.