SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part15)

6,679 posts in this topic

happy friday!

i gotta get some work done today..

Me too. I took 1 breakfast breaks and 2-3 hour lunch breaks all week :unsure:

You on a semi vacation at work or something.

So my boss is out sick today and she wants a status on our projects....what do I say...I'm working towards getting another heart on VJ.

I don't have any projects...oh boy...maybe she is gearing the email toward my co-workers...I never know what they are working on...and quite frankly don't care to ask.

Tell her your main focus has been reorganizing your priorities. It’s been a major project and may take you a couple more days sifting through everything. :whistle:

LMAO I love this, I am gonna use this one in the future!

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Shemmy;

If you've ever been to FREAK NIC or howevah it spell, that's the way to sum up ATI...it's okay after one day/night I've had enough, we usually find something else to do....ATI has gotten too wild for me. I use to go home every year spring break, because friends I have in the states didn't want to go alone, so I guess I was their unofficial tour guide...damn I wish they made cellphones with cameras then...

Kimmy; mi talk to sis last night, she was in recovery and doing well.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Oh...this was interesting....and just wrong...

At Least the SO should be cute....OMG!!!

KK that doesn't make no dang sense! :o I would have been hotter than fish grease if someone said that to me!

****ROC VSC****

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

good mawning everyone.. glad to hear that jawi's surgery was a success and roxie had her interview.. i know she could hardly sleep last night!

hey u guys, tell me bout these converter boxes?? i am clueless.. if u have cable then u don't need to convert right?? if i buy another tv, is there a certain TYPE of tv i should buy if i don't have cable that will not need the converter box?? anybody know..

Timeline

Thanks, will have to read it when I get a minute.

I just had the wierdest experience - Logged in here and went to reply, and my typing was BACKWARDS!! I had to shut down my computer and reboot, lol

WTH? Never heard of that.

Reminds me of last night. I was texting while drifting off to sleep. I get one back and my friend had said "are you speaking Russian?" I looked at what I had just sent. Whatever I was trying to say had a lot of y's and x's in it and was totally indescipherable. I laughed so hard.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

good mawning everyone.. glad to hear that jawi's surgery was a success and roxie had her interview.. i know she could hardly sleep last night!

hey u guys, tell me bout these converter boxes?? i am clueless.. if u have cable then u don't need to convert right?? if i buy another tv, is there a certain TYPE of tv i should buy if i don't have cable that will not need the converter box?? anybody know..

Quanna, galang back a u bed...look fram wen dem a chat bout dat...if u ave cable u covered...di tv station dem dun weh u live nevah run test

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
Good Morning Good Morning

Congrats to Roxie and hope everyone is having a wonderful Friday morning.

It is DOWNPOURING here and I really could use some heat and sun...Maybe tomorrow.

Mawning Irie, I know your Hubby is Rasta, do you and your daughter eat Ital or only your husband?

sorry if you answered this before I haven't fully caught up yet :blush:

Louis and I do for the most part.... he is more strict than me.

Tierra eats what she wants. :-)

That's great, I asked because my Husband knows how I struggle with my weight and always changing my eating habits. also since he has been here he as gained 20 lbs! he is 6'5 but he now has a gut LOL. He said he wanted to cut out all of the meat and just eat healthy. I was raised vegetarian by my Mom but when I was out of the country either in Haiti or JA I ate everything and anything except pork (we both did ) LOL. So when I became a I distanced myself from the strict vegetarian diet and that is when everything when sour and I developed truly bad eating habits! Soooo I say all of this to say, I brought up an Ital diet to him and he agreed he could follow it but when we truly researched the book last night it is extremely strict, no salt, no chemicals, no flesh, no blood, no whites oil and meat. Fish must be less than a foot long. No shell fish or fish without scales. Rastafarians never cook in aluminum pots as it is said to leave traces of metal in the food that can get in your body and cook only in a clay pot.

Does your Husband follow the strict Ital diet or does he improvise at all?

MY Mother is Rasta but she does not follow the diet strictly and she just started my Hubby's locs and so now he wants to wants to embrace the Rasta lifestyle. I know I can do it because It wasn't hard being a vegitarian, but Ital is extremely strict.

Louis isnt all that strict.. but NO MEAT for sure. No eggs, no mayo... My mom always makes him special "treats" with soy milk and no eggs.

No Chemicals is how I buy stuff anyhow.. organic. Thats not so hard.

We don't cook in aluminum (my mom & dad always said that was bad anyhow), but I dont have a clay pot for cooking on the stove! :P

Louis does like saltfish (so do I) so that is an every once in a while kind of thing.

Really - we stick to all natural, organic foods. In a perfect world I would have more time to cook better. I love to cook, would love to take an Ital cooking class if I could find one. That would be fun.

Louis has more choices here in the states for good organic vegetarian stuff. So he has put on a few pounds (I LOVE IT)

Louis has had his locs for 9 years or so. I guess I would do it if I knew it would look good. Can your mom do locs on a white girl with REALLY STRAIGHT HAIR! haha!

There is a place in Canada that specializes in locs, particularly on "white" hair. it would cost me $500... I was thinking 1 of these years I would surprise Louis and do my hair as an anniversary surprise.

I see Louis and I living in the St Lucia hills when we retire.. gardening and living "natural". Sometimes I think about it and would love to take Tierra and head there now...

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline

KK that doesn't make no dang sense! :o I would have been hotter than fish grease if someone said that to me!

RUDE to RASS!!! some people have NO dyam limits and need to be put in there place.. i swear it has to be some sort of disease that they just blurt out things like TERITS (sp) or something cuz i know they should know better

Timeline
When I got home last night Hubby cooked saltfish and okra instead of saltfish and bean with yam boiled plantain and sweet potato. Yummmm I was so greedy I don't even have any left overs for lunch today :no::pop: LOL

Yuuuuuummmmmmmm..........over water crackers?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

That is too strict for me. I can do a veg. lifestyle but it's always the modified version because I love seafood.

I love shrimp LOL I will most likely have to modify it like my Mom does! Also the processed foods, I love yogurt and grape nuts and that is a crucial part of my diet so I really have to modify this.

Philly, if I can remember correctly, only the Bobo rasta are STRICT

I'm going to do my research I have a great Rastafarian Book that I have started and will find out which tribe has the least strict guidelines for Ital food. I think we can do this :thumbs: It will be healthier for everyone, also better for my pockets my grocery bill is off the chain and I am a coupon and comparison shopper :blink:

****ROC VSC****

Timeline

You are right about the cable - the converter box is only if you use analog or an atenna (like the rabbit ears that used to be on the tvs) I don't think it will have anything to do with the kind of tv you have but I'm not positive about that.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

Quanna, galang back a u bed...look fram wen dem a chat bout dat...if u ave cable u covered...di tv station dem dun weh u live nevah run test

my bad.. ya'll already chat bout this?? LOL.. u see today is the last day and i decide to start thinking about it :blush:

Philly, mi no feel sarry fi ar one rass bit...who di rass tell ar fi go li dung pon floor n mek man jump pon ar...damn rahtid edait...the guy could have broken her neck

At at dance in manchester this girl was electrcuted because her dumb #### climbed on top of speaker boxes to dance, then she got on top of the roof of a building and her hands touched some wires...friggin ediat...

tep aff a mi name

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Here's some controversy

OK..so some of u ladies here are with a Rasta man. From my understanding a real rasta man wouldn't be with anyone but his Black African Empress...is that so..and are ur SOs true rastas?

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Good Morning Good Morning

Congrats to Roxie and hope everyone is having a wonderful Friday morning.

It is DOWNPOURING here and I really could use some heat and sun...Maybe tomorrow.

Mawning Irie, I know your Hubby is Rasta, do you and your daughter eat Ital or only your husband?

sorry if you answered this before I haven't fully caught up yet :blush:

OMG.....that's way too many rules for me.

Louis and I do for the most part.... he is more strict than me.

Tierra eats what she wants. :-)

That's great, I asked because my Husband knows how I struggle with my weight and always changing my eating habits. also since he has been here he as gained 20 lbs! he is 6'5 but he now has a gut LOL. He said he wanted to cut out all of the meat and just eat healthy. I was raised vegetarian by my Mom but when I was out of the country either in Haiti or JA I ate everything and anything except pork (we both did ) LOL. So when I became a I distanced myself from the strict vegetarian diet and that is when everything when sour and I developed truly bad eating habits! Soooo I say all of this to say, I brought up an Ital diet to him and he agreed he could follow it but when we truly researched the book last night it is extremely strict, no salt, no chemicals, no flesh, no blood, no whites oil and meat. Fish must be less than a foot long. No shell fish or fish without scales. Rastafarians never cook in aluminum pots as it is said to leave traces of metal in the food that can get in your body and cook only in a clay pot.

Does your Husband follow the strict Ital diet or does he improvise at all?

MY Mother is Rasta but she does not follow the diet strictly and she just started my Hubby's locs and so now he wants to wants to embrace the Rasta lifestyle. I know I can do it because It wasn't hard being a vegitarian, but Ital is extremely strict.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.