Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part15)

6,679 posts in this topic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
In prior years, obtaining the I-551 stamp was standard procedure, as green card production often took many months. The need to do so, yet again, appears to be a temporary inconvenience. There is no fee involved in requesting an Infopass appointment or I-551 stamp, although any time needed away from work may be inconvenient or difficult for some. We at the Murthy Law Firm appreciate the information provided by the USCIS regarding these anticipated delays, so that our readers can plan accordingly and not be alarmed by a delay in obtaining the physical card.

I was reading this thinking the USCIS is really nice ....but then I see it didn't come from them. :rofl:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
What a crazy day!

Prayers going out to Jawi today!!!

I am so frustrated - If you want me to edit your letter, why send me it in a 6 page PDF????????????????? You expect me to retype the whole flippin thing?????????????????

PDF converter Baby --- can't live without it!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Mi rass......I knew it went too smooth.....Embassy just called Jr and asked him why he didn't go to the interview on June 3. Poor kid..... he was telling them saying I was there - I went...they told him they would send a letter out by postal mail in 3 months time. :blink: Um what??? I don't think so...... :angry:

Island i'm looking on your timeline and wondering why the hell it took so long to get the visa after the interview

i musta missed that drama

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline
Hi everyone..just letting you know Jawi went into surgery at 10:15. She was in very good spirts. They said it's a 6-7 hr procedure. I will keep you informed.

Thanks for the update C! You all are in my thoughts and prayers today. (F)

Timeline
Mi rass......I knew it went too smooth.....Embassy just called Jr and asked him why he didn't go to the interview on June 3. Poor kid..... he was telling them saying I was there - I went...they told him they would send a letter out by postal mail in 3 months time. :blink: Um what??? I don't think so...... :angry:

Island i'm looking on your timeline and wondering why the hell it took so long to get the visa after the interview

:blink:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
quana wha gwaan with you lady? I need some hairstyle advice. My own hair is growing really well, and im getting ready to go to Negril for 4th of July weekend, i dont want to do braids cause they thin me out to much, i hate cornrows as yall know, cause i look like a BIG FACE, and i was thinking a weave, but i read 1luv say she wore a weave one time and was so hot she had to take it out.. any suggestions yall?

either im out of practice, with the chatting or im on here by myself, what in the sam hill?

no one is chatting?

yunno i've been sitting here half the day trying to figure out ####### to do with my hair

i want to go back natural

but i don't want to cut off my hair so i'm trying to figure out an easy way to transition

i've never done braids either so i don't even know how the hell i'm gonna look in them

umm, so i haven't answered your question but i'm kinda throwing my situation out there too :unsure:

Just cut it..it will grow back or you could always add some weave when necessary. Dat wa mi fe do. Is that you in your profile picture with the purple hair?

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Timeline

WAH..dat no mek sense..didn't an adult go with him? didn't they approve the visa? how they takin it back? and 3mths?

That's what I said!! Yes - A's aunt went with him. We wrote this big letter giving her permission to take him as his guardian blah, blah. Paid the DHL fee, got the slip and left the passport. The emails are already fired off - 202# has nothing other than the June 3 date for interview.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

I wanted to tell you all how happy I am to be posting here again. I can totally air stuff out with no judgement and get some good feedback! :-)

On another note... I DONT WANT TO WORK! I am bored, restless, hungry! I wanna get outta the house! Finally got my car back this morning and am looking forward to errands. I have a meeting at school this afternoon with Tierra's teacher.. we get to go over her "portfolio" :-)

I get to see all the things she learned this year and Tierra gets to "run the meeting".

Can it be 3:30 yet??

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline
yeah im confused about that also? @ island. SO what are they saying?

Jr said they asked him what kind of visa did he file for. :blink: He's 11 so he just handed his phone to his cousin who is in college. Then they asked where A was and she explained that he already received his visa and is in the US. That's when they came back with a letter in 3 months time. Why don't they call me???!!! :angry:

Timeline

tHNX FOR THE UPDATE on Jaws Wakey...keep us posted

yeah im confused about that also? @ island. SO what are they saying?

Jr said they asked him what kind of visa did he file for. :blink: He's 11 so he just handed his phone to his cousin who is in college. Then they asked where A was and she explained that he already received his visa and is in the US. That's when they came back with a letter in 3 months time. Why don't they call me???!!! :angry:

yea...why r they contacting an 11 yr old child? wah di hell him know bout visa type?

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Yeah, we had lots of blue slip drama and back and forth about the medical. Then it took about 3 weeks to get the visa after all blue slip stuff was set. Disclaimer....not your average timeline... :whistle:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Sure Jawi, I can do that...I'm bring Sunny cause she makes the bomb brownstew chicken.

Hey I made this last week and I did a heck of a good job. At first my kids looked at it like uh oh not again. See last time I made it I think I put too much wata in it so it tasted like mush. Note to self not as much wata. So I tried again this time and B-I-N-G-O. Brownstew chicken at your service. We ate it with rice and baked beans (my version of rice and peas) and it was bomba ta the diggity!!!!

I want to learn how to make festival. Those things are my all time favorite!!! Yes leave it to me to find the fattest food in JA and fall in love with it.

Hey this is the first time in a long time so many of us was on at one time.... :thumbs:

I love the way my friends in the states make rice-n-peas, I just laugh, most of the time the peas mash out in the rice. Once my co-worker asked if it's food colouring I used, I just looked at her.

I know I'm so far behind but :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.