SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part15)

6,679 posts in this topic

Afternoon VJ Ladies, I am swamped here at work so much for getting a likkle break, but hey being busy is never really a bad thing at work LOL

I am desperately trying to catch up seems to be some interesting topics today but it may be a lost cause. I have a presentation to prepare and I still want to get to Target on my lunch break LOL

Sorry to hear Mrs. Jeffs no worries you will find a new and better position!

I came across the VJ Yardie thread months after I already submitted my application to the USCIS. I was a member on another Immigration site but came across VJ from a Google search. The Yardie thread caught my eye when I happened across the Caribbean forum. I didn’t chime in for a while just lurking LOL but one story intrigued me and the rest is history I became a part of the VJ family. :yes:

Hey J2 thanks for the link to Marlita’s Blog, so am I going to see you this weekend. Mi will link yuh!

Sending out positive vibes for JAWI today!

Ok I’ll keep trying to catch up …..

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My coworker who has been waiting for 8 years on his case sent me this today...... and we are still waiting for Hubby's GC

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_gcprod.html

"Green Card" or I-551 Card Production Delays

The USCIS issued a May 29, 2009 announcement regarding delays in preparation of permanent resident cards (commonly referred to as "green cards") following approval. These delays in production of Form I-551 of up to eight weeks are temporary, as they are the result of an equipment upgrade that is in process. This does not impact processing times for any cases or forms. It only temporarily affects the length of time it currently is taking to receive the plastic green card as proof of permanent resident status, following approval of one's application for adjustment of status (I-485).

Request I-551 Stamp

One who obtains approval of the I-485 after a personal interview at the local USCIS field office should be given an I-551 stamp in the passport. This stamp is temporary evidence of I-551 (permanent residency, commonly referred to as "green card") status and is valid for work and travel. Thus, an I-485 applicant should carry the passport to his/her interview. The instructions indicate that anyone without a passport will need to bring a passport-style photo and a government-issued photo identification to obtain the I-551 stamp.

Individuals who obtain the I-485 approval through the USCIS without interviews, as occurs in many employment-based cases, can request the I-551 stamp at the local USCIS office, if required. It is necessary to make an Infopass appointment for this purpose. The appointment can be made by visiting the USCIS WebSite.

Conclusion

In prior years, obtaining the I-551 stamp was standard procedure, as green card production often took many months. The need to do so, yet again, appears to be a temporary inconvenience. There is no fee involved in requesting an Infopass appointment or I-551 stamp, although any time needed away from work may be inconvenient or difficult for some. We at the Murthy Law Firm appreciate the information provided by the USCIS regarding these anticipated delays, so that our readers can plan accordingly and not be alarmed by a delay in obtaining the physical card.

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

What a crazy day!

Prayers going out to Jawi today!!!

I am so frustrated - If you want me to edit your letter, why send me it in a 6 page PDF????????????????? You expect me to retype the whole flippin thing?????????????????

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: Timeline
What a crazy day!

I am so frustrated - If you want me to edit your letter, why send me it in a 6 page PDF????????????????? You expect me to retype the whole flippin thing?????????????????

I hate that...

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

that great about the fares bunz! i am always so scared of waiting too long to purchase a ticket cuz things like that happen.. yall were blessed

yeah hot.. i can't do it.. kimmy! LOL i am counting down.. 4 more days.. i got my i-10 together on what we will do.. and will try to have a lil get together to welcome him..

i am sooo EXCITED!!

prayers out for u too sus. u'll get thru the day LOL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
What a crazy day!

ahahhahaa..dat wasn't me right?LOL

sO pHILLY..what r they trying to say?

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

My coworker who has been waiting for 8 years on his case sent me this today...... and we are still waiting for Hubby's GC

Philly...WTH it's almost 2 months. Your husband came up before my cousin and she has her greencard. I'd be pissed.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Mi rass......I knew it went too smooth.....Embassy just called Jr and asked him why he didn't go to the interview on June 3. Poor kid..... he was telling them saying I was there - I went...they told him they would send a letter out by postal mail in 3 months time. :blink: Um what??? I don't think so...... :angry:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi everyone..just letting you know Jawi went into surgery at 10:15. She was in very good spirts. They said it's a 6-7 hr procedure. I will keep you informed.

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

OK..TOPIC

every one that had children in a previous relationship

Is ur current relationship the 1st one after u separated from ur ex? why are they "concerned". Don't get me wrong. I would be a maniac too if my children all of a sudden have another woman in their lives to confuse the heck out of them in regards to mommy and daddy relationship.. BUT do u guys see where I'm going with this?

First one my son ever knew about...said I'd give myself TWO chances at a serious relationship, ie where my son knew the guy etc....If they both failed, would remain single until he was grown....mi still have one more chance! :whistle:

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline
OK..TOPIC

Is ur current relationship the 1st one after u separated from ur ex? why are they "concerned". Don't get me wrong. I would be a maniac too if my children all of a sudden have another woman in their lives to confuse the heck out of them in regards to mommy and daddy relationship.. BUT do u guys see where I'm going with this?

First one my son ever knew about...said I'd give myself TWO chances at a serious relationship, ie where my son knew the guy etc....If they both failed, would remain single until he was grown....mi still have one more chance! :whistle:

:rofl::rofl::bonk: YUH NEED :help:

HEY HONEY

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

OK..TOPIC

English, I share the same feelings.

Okay, they have movie trailers all up and down M street and I'm trying to figure out what moving they filming.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Mi rass......I knew it went too smooth.....Embassy just called Jr and asked him why he didn't go to the interview on June 3. Poor kid..... he was telling them saying I was there - I went...they told him they would send a letter out by postal mail in 3 months time. :blink: Um what??? I don't think so...... :angry:

WAH..dat no mek sense..didn't an adult go with him? didn't they approve the visa? how they takin it back? and 3mths?

OK..TOPIC

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.