• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
OK..TOPIC

every one that had children in a previous relationship

Is ur current relationship the 1st one after u separated from ur ex? why are they "concerned". Don't get me wrong. I would be a maniac too if my children all of a sudden have another woman in their lives to confuse the heck out of them in regards to mommy and daddy relationship.. BUT do u guys see where I'm going with this?

I may have dates a few guys but my daughter never met them. My daughters father HATES Louis.. but it is all jealousy. Louis gets to spend more time... blah blah. I can say some of the problems btween my daughter and Louis stem from her father. He questions her about stuff (asked if Louis touches her!!) Also told her Louis will never be her real dad... all that. Tierra gets very confused...

On the other she has a stepmom that I get along with. We can talk when I have a concern. I also let Tierra know she can love us all the same. That should should respect Stepmom and Louis equally. She should listen to us all becuase we love her and want her to be safe.

Its hard when it is one-sided! But I think Tierra's dad's "concern" is selfesh! He doesn't want Tierra calling anyone else daddy.

I might be crazy but I dont mind if Tierra calls step-mom "mom".. I know who I am!

that is too sad irie.. does ur ex live close???

mine does some of the same.. he asks a million questions and tells them all kinds of nasty things about my friends, not only Roger.. and tells them not to talk to them and if i bring them around ppl he doesn't approve of for them to call him..

luckily my girls know all this is pure phockery.. they know their daddy doesnt mean it and he is just still angry about our family not being together anymore..

and just like u... he has a girlfriend..i hve never said a bad word about her, i also encourage the kids that i will be ok and the can have fun w/ her and their daddy w/out worrying about hurting me.. WHY OH WHY cant he do the same.. i really wish all 4 of us could get along and be there for our kids.. it could be sooo easy but they make it sooo hard..

and it makes it very hard for our SO..i know roger gets angry at the phockery that goes on, but he knows i am trying to keep peace.. but i know he won't be able to keep seeing and hearing the mess that goes on.. i try not to tell him too much

Irie - I hate for any parent to do that to a child...it PISSES me off! This was one of the reasons I stayed with me EX so long after my son was born, because I didn't want my son to go through that...but in the end I was suffering and I couldn't deal with it anymore.

I left Tierra's dad when she was 3 months old. He tried to KILL me when I was 9 months pregnant. I stayed long enough to make a plan and get the hell out. His wife now is a different kind of person than me. We talked about it once... she told me he tried to put his hands on her and she kicked his ####! I don't know how she did it! LOL .. but more pwer to her!

The touching questions and ####### make me so mad. After she stays in July this year I am going to "reasses" things. If I have to go through the reprogramming again I am going to have to go back to court. I want T to be able to see her dad, she misses him, but this family can only take so much!

OK...WOW..DID HE SPEND EVEN A MINUTE IN JAIL?

My friend's husband tried to beat her down...broke her nose ...just dogged her out. He is sitting in county jail attending bible studies and counselling. She say she is not even entertaining the thought of taking him back. She does want him to be in their three sons lives. The same part is...her kids where there...

How can you beat a woman...YOUR WIFE...in front of your kids?

Edited by KKHoliday

Timeline
In talking to VSC:

Thursday: "Your case is where it should be." :unsure:

Friday: "Your case is assigned to an officer." :dance:

Monday: "Your case is NOT assigned to an officer." :angry:

Tuesday: "Your case was assigned to an officer on June 3." :dance:

And Wednesday they said....?

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Passing gets u into one of the top 3 schools of ur choice. If u do not pass u will be placed a school in ur Zone

But doesn't guarantee a spot - Jr did well on his GSATs but the 1st 2 schools of his choice told him they were already full.

yes of course...thats why there r about 3 choices..and ur score matters too

the problem is that there are not enough "prestigious" high schools

so the govt tries to convince ppl that the newer schools are just as good

they are really trying to change the education system but its waaaay to stratified and this is an entrenched thing

it will take GENERATIONS before it will change

Bunz thnx for putting "prestigious" in quotes for me...very good

and i agree it's ridiculous..if the teachers from one does not compare to the other how can the education be better? if we do not hold each school on the same level or even close to can we compare..ahhh boy

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Congrats trelawny, you must be very proud

that $99 flight sounds like the spirit mythical $1 flights

everytime they advertise them i immediately try searching and NEVER find one

but i'm gonna check it out right now

Nah, Bunz - Jetblue is pretty good and pretty on track with their deals - When they first start out, you can't always find the low fare - but once they get a route running, you can get some bargains -

So True Sus; I bought a ticket from them last month for $25 from NY to Raleigh and one free check bag. Sweetest deal I have ever found! :thumbs:

Wow Claire - that is a sweet deal!!

Filed: Timeline
Legz; no baddah get mad, but since u blood a bubble areadi

My EX told me that he wanted to meet my husband I said fine and he was a no show; then he see him and tells everyone in church that I have a convict living with his son that smokes weed...wow, you can know that much about a person just by looking at them. He asked my son all sorts of questions and my son would come back and tell us. The worse was when we got back from Jamaica last year and my son told us that daddy hates me and hates your boyfriend; then my EX calls the police and tells them that my husband is beating my son, then the schools calls because my EX called them, then CPS got involved...when I tell you my husband deserves an award for sticking by and and I truly appreciate him, I really mean it, because he was about to go back to Jamaica.

Thank God for putting such an angel in your life. Lawny, this says a lot of good about you husband. God bless ya'll.

I just don't understand why it's so hard to just say...Okay...they are happy and my son is okay...so let them be. I don't wish anything bad on your EX...but I want him to learn that what he did was not cool. I hope he has grown up since then.

:rofl: ...dat naw go 'appen...he told me in front of about 60 people that he will hate me for the rest of his life and that I'm the worse woman that he's ever been with and I used him for his (please don't laugh) cause he was dead serious...I used him for his SPERM

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

My EX told me that he wanted to meet my husband I said fine and he was a no show; then he see him and tells everyone in church that I have a convict living with his son that smokes weed...wow, you can know that much about a person just by looking at them. He asked my son all sorts of questions and my son would come back and tell us. The worse was when we got back from Jamaica last year and my son told us that daddy hates me and hates your boyfriend; then my EX calls the police and tells them that my husband is beating my son, then the schools calls because my EX called them, then CPS got involved...when I tell you my husband deserves an award for sticking by and and I truly appreciate him, I really mean it, because he was about to go back to Jamaica.

Thank God for putting such an angel in your life. Lawny, this says a lot of good about you husband. God bless ya'll.

I just don't understand why it's so hard to just say...Okay...they are happy and my son is okay...so let them be. I don't wish anything bad on your EX...but I want him to learn that what he did was not cool. I hope he has grown up since then.

lawny yuh patience good no rass

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

:rofl: ...dat naw go 'appen...he told me in front of about 60 people that he will hate me for the rest of his life and that I'm the worse woman that he's ever been with and I used him for his (please don't laugh) cause he was dead serious...I used him for his SPERM

:wow: Maybe he got the wrong memo.... :bonk::bonk:

But you do have a cute and adorable son....

Filed: Timeline

Kimmy; you dun know...cause you know my husband could only take so much.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

this is a general question to tre and the rest of the ladies:

was he anything like this before you had kids with him?

looking back did you see any signs that he was gonna be such a jerk?

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline
concerned b/c he's Black or that there is another man in their lives?

Concerned that there was a man all of the sudden moving into the house - not jealous, just to him a stranger. But he also trusts my judgment as a mom and knows I would never put my kids in harms way so he didn't sprout any gray hairs over this. Black doesn't bother him at all - he's used to that.

morning ladies.....how is everyone this thursday morning????

Having my fiance around and my kid loving him like they do has given their father a huge dose of act right

do your kids go to JA to visit your SO with you my2?

Morning Cara! I'm looking for Friday.... :unsure:

Timeline

Open Arms for Jamaica's Future is a non-profit organization that a bunch of us ladies on here started to help our children in Jamaica to stay in school. We had an epiphany and realzied no matter how long this journey is there are ppl way less fortunate than us.

We have selected a school..St.Martin primart in, St.Mary..and we will help keep this child in school for the school year and if allowed be mentor.

Timeline
OK..TOPIC

every one that had children in a previous relationship

Is ur current relationship the 1st one after u separated from ur ex? why are they "concerned". Don't get me wrong. I would be a maniac too if my children all of a sudden have another woman in their lives to confuse the heck out of them in regards to mommy and daddy relationship.. BUT do u guys see where I'm going with this?

No - not the 1st relationship. But you hit it - as a parent any significant "new" person who comes along in your children's lives makes you stop, think and learn real fast. Most of the sicko ish that happens comes from a person close to the child.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
Irie - I hate for any parent to do that to a child...it PISSES me off! This was one of the reasons I stayed with me EX so long after my son was born, because I didn't want my son to go through that...but in the end I was suffering and I couldn't deal with it anymore.

I left Tierra's dad when she was 3 months old. He tried to KILL me when I was 9 months pregnant. I stayed long enough to make a plan and get the hell out. His wife now is a different kind of person than me. We talked about it once... she told me he tried to put his hands on her and she kicked his ####! I don't know how she did it! LOL .. but more pwer to her!

The touching questions and ####### make me so mad. After she stays in July this year I am going to "reasses" things. If I have to go through the reprogramming again I am going to have to go back to court. I want T to be able to see her dad, she misses him, but this family can only take so much!

OK...WOW..DID HE SPEND EVEN A MINUTE IN JAIL?

He spent more time at the end of my father's gun! WOOO! My dad made up for all his shortcomings in a matter of a moment! :-)

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.