SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part15)

6,679 posts in this topic

Bunzarelli, I hope I am still around after Joel and I have finish this process, doing the CR1 is a lot different than the K1. Once you go to NVC, you still go thru another review process, so you go back into the cycle of waiting for a completion. I also noticed that Kingston, don't assign interview dates for K3 and Cr1 on a monthly basics it looks as if they wait until they have a significant volume then they assign dates. So you can find your self waiting by your self, as the K1's are being reviewed and moving ahead of you.

I will say, my husband has been my rock thru this entire process, because it drains you. You get so close, but Kingston has you waiting.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Does anyone have a link to Marlita's blog? Sounds like quite a few of you really enjoyed it.

Nat I first found it while trying to locate others who felt so passionately about Jamaica as I did so I did a search -- In Love With Jamaica -- and it came up.

I usually still can locate it this way, but sometimes I will get the results from older installments, there's about 2 yrs worth.

Here's the link:

http://mocha-marlita.blogspot.com/

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Jakeswife and Bunz, can someone explain to me, the GSAT test, if the student fails it, what happens, can they re-take it.?

they get placed in a school based on their grade i beleive

i don't think there is any such thing as a retake for this exam

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline
Bunzarelli, I hope I am still around after Joel and I have finish this process, doing the CR1 is a lot different than the K1. Once you go to NVC, you still go thru another review process, so you go back into the cycle of waiting for a completion. I also noticed that Kingston, don't assign interview dates for K3 and Cr1 on a monthly basics it looks as if they wait until they have a significant volume then they assign dates. So you can find your self waiting by your self, as the K1's are being reviewed and moving ahead of you.

I will say, my husband has been my rock thru this entire process, because it drains you. You get so close, but Kingston has you waiting.

i feel your pain roxie

because u've been waiting a while now and its so close, so so close

but just keep taking it one day at a time

my husband is a rock too

my timeline says only one month waiting but trust me there is a long history preceding that just like i imagine a long history for everyone else

upherebl.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hello ladies how is everyone .. im just trying to catch up

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

i feel your pain roxie

because u've been waiting a while now and its so close, so so close

but just keep taking it one day at a time

my husband is a rock too

my timeline says only one month waiting but trust me there is a long history preceding that just like i imagine a long history for everyone else

I was trying to make the poit that a CR1 amd K3 doesn't work the same way a K1 does once it reaches the embassy status. There seems to be a longer wait time for interview schedule time.

Edited by RoxcieJoe

Timeline
Thnx guys..she has done it before..where she would ask to pay her for 1wk in advance..I we did. Sus thast what i say..if i decide to take thurs/fri off I dont suddenly have a paycheck..me an my principles bwoy..but mi a go pay har still

Finesse..a no my fault she needs the money for vaca..LOL

true...but u a nice person (mi tink)

Ummm.... you know Kimmy?

74.gifdiee.gif

crying.gifcrying.gif

she try to be bad but she really have a heart soft as goosefeathers..don't let har fool you

LOL, I know - just love to pick on her whenever I can :innocent:

awww thnx FINESSE..as fi Suz...mi nah sey nuttin!! finesse ave mi back

Kimmy, I want you to think about how you value this person. This is the person you have given your children over too on a daily basis. You must trust and respect her.

I do obviously trust and respect her! I would be a mad woman if I didn't! It all comes down to an an agreement! in any case MI PAY HAR AN SHE HAPPY..MI STILL A STICK TO MI PRINCIPLE DOA!!

So the sitter going out of town so she won't have tahlia for thur and friday..so she called me asking if we can pay her today...I said well I have to call Kashi..this is not how things work..whats ur opinions..or i'm too big on principle?

I would pay her today if you usually pay her on Friday since it is her last day watching her. Otherwise you would pay her when she gets back and that would make it "late".

LATE pon her behalf dat a fi har problem..no fi mi!

in other news, the police here arrested NINETY (90) men!!!!!! from hundred lane, park lane, and cassava piece

of course the human rights ppl will be all over them and most of them will be released in a few days

yea mi hear pon di news..JA a gwaan do bd wid di war ting and all these top class guns

So what does passing it get you? Don't you still get place in a school based on your grade, or is it based on the test results?

Passing gets u into one of the top 3 schools of ur choice. If u do not pass u will be placed a school in ur Zone

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
So what does passing it get you? Don't you still get place in a school based on your grade, or is it based on the test results?

assuming by grade you mean the score of the individual child and by test results you mean the overall performance of all children, then it's both

students choose 5 schools they want to attend when they are registering. i think it's 5, not sure

each school has a specific range within which students must score grades in order to be placed there

but if children perform exceptionally well and the number acheiving grades within that gap exceeds the capacity of the schools the students chose, then they take the top performers who chose that school and place the others elsewhere

so you find ALOT of children got the grades the school requires but soooo many kids chose that school and performed well that they can't take them

upherebl.gif

Okay, so Kimmy are these High schools like what we call our Magnet schools here in the states. Is special funds given to these high school so they can offer better academic programs to their students?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks! :thumbs:

hello ladies how is everyone .. im just trying to catch up

Very good. Watching one of my favorite shows: So You Think You Can Dance. Hope you have a great evening!

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
Okay, so Kimmy are these High schools like what we call our Magnet schools here in the states. Is special funds given to these high school so they can offer better academic programs to their students?

heck no...these are prestegious schools..cost u a very pretty penny..but it paves the way for most..u have students who dunce like bat an b/c dem family know smaddy inna one school dem get dem transfered..

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.