SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part15)

6,679 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Congrats Nat on the " Best Speech" I know you have to be happy about that! :star:

LOL about Kool Runnings, we have passed there plenty of times but I never went in, I rather go to the ocean. Regarding the park being Fluffy friendly girl, be confident in your skin I know I'm fluffy but you can't tell me I am not the ish ( the plus size Lisa Ray :idea: ) who cares what anyone else thinks! Cute in the face thick in the waist LOL. Sis you only live once go an have fun with your Man! :yes:

Thanks. So far, every time I've spoken in Toastmasters, I've won. I think I may be more critical of myself than the other people are. But then again, no one knows if I leave stuff out of my speech but me, since they never heard it before. So while I'm kicking myself for what I didn't say, they're appreciating what I DID say.

I was more wondering if there are size limits to the rides n stuff. Like, if I can't ride anything, I can buy a spectator pass for $15 instead of a full pass for $28.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

yep we have pep boys philly! thats wonderful that ur mom loves him and treats him so well.. u guys are really blessed!

omg.. girl i have soooo much stuff planned for him, i totally forgot about fathers day!! a friend of mine got me a coupon for this NICCEEE upscale brazillian steakhouse.. we might go but i know its gonna be sooo crowded on sunday ughh.. we'll see, we might just chill. i already know roger, i will have to PULL him to get out and do ANYTHING.. i told him, i will not allow him to sit in the house all day..

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I just mailed of the petition to file for my stepdaughter. Wish us luck!

YAYYYYY finesse.. many blessings on ur next journey! how old is ur stepdaughter.. do u have any other children?

she is 10 and I have a son that is 12

oh thats cool that they are close in age.. ur son will have a lil sister to protect heehee...

i know....this could be great or be potentially disastrous. blending families is no easy task...

LOL... i was gonna say or a lil sister to get on his last nerve LOL, but i thought i should be positive..

one of the reason i stayed married so long even tho we werent getting along.. i didn't want the stress and drama of the blended family.. i couldn't imagine my girls w/ another man or w/ other kids.. but i know it can work.. it will just take time..

question.. how long did it take for u to be comfortable w/ leaving ur kids home alone w/ ur husband. I trust roger but i want my girls to gain a trust for him.. i have to work on weekends sometimes and at first i plan to either not work or leave the kids w/ my mom until i feel they are ok?? any thoughts??

Quana I trust my hubby with my daughter. My daughter was used to my hubby from in Jamaica. So I have no problems with leaving her home alone with hubby. We have a very close relationship. It did enter my mind when he first came here with "what if" but I am glad that was not the case. I am a stepmom and it is challenging at first but its great now. I HAD to be firm with her.

I LOVE MY RAMPING SHOP!!

Hey 1Luv I am natural but I am Weavalicious 92% of the time LOL. when I dare wear my natural hair out only in the winter due to the lack of humidity I will press my hair straight. Let me tell you it's an ordeal because it's extremely thick and alot of it but I use 100% virgin coconut oil that I melt down on the stove and use a flat iron @ 210 degrees.

This weekend I was starting to braid my hair so I could sew in the weave and Hubby was so upset because he loves the texture of my hair and wanted me to wear it out for one week. So I said ok I look exotic now but you wait and see! So walked around the house with my natural texture for a few hours in the humidity and before his eyes it changed and I looked like the bride of Frankenstein. He was rolling and told me Baby now I understand, go ahead do your thing! So now I have and 18 inch weave down my back and I am in Happy town LOL

do you leave any of your natural hair out? I need a cute style that I can wear that won't have my natural hair out and doesn't look totally fake.

Hey Kk, yes, I leave a small portion out on the top and right now I have a front part but I have some of it pulled back with a small clip with the rest flowing down my back Its totally blended and I press my hair so its the same texture as the Yaky. Right now I am liking th emodel model brand that is the closest to the Remi hair I have seen. It's a little more costly but it's worth it. I only wear weaves that look natural, the objective is not to look like you are wearing a weave and it is your hair although I look like Pocahontas :whistle: !

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
no 1 luv.. u should try.. kk, jonesie always get a press and theirs looks GREAT!my daughters press would stay for weeks at a time.. i want mine to get a lil bit longer and i will pay somebody to do it..

Awh thanks...I'm going to let them put color in next time. But you know I'm rocking the curly ponytail for now. this is the best invention ever. I mean I can be free at night...cause hubby like my real hair out....hahaha and during the day....wah la....it's a cute curly weave ponytail.

:thumbs:

I wanna try that. A ponytail. I would definately have to get my hair pressed first

I LOVE MY RAMPING SHOP!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Disclaimer: I do not believe you have to compromise who you truly are to obtain a job.

I know sometimes we don't want to believe this but CAN be true. Point in place...I started growing my hair natural but I have a grade of hair that can be nicely slicked back and it looks decent. My boss (the one who hired me) how they had interview one girl and she had a big fluffy and wavey weave. She said truly..she couldn't get pass looking at the hair. It was so unfair because on the paper I'm sure the girl was probably qualified. This happens because we are dealing with humans when going to a job interview.

A lot of students in my business school would get so mad at our business program orientation class. That class we had to wear a Navy blue or Black suit to class. Guess what, now everyone has a suit for an interview...hahahaha. And they would lecture us about interview techniques and such. First impressions are lasting impressions.

My motto is get the job...then break out the more colorful stuff and wilder hair styles. It took me 6 months where I felt comfortable to wear bears. I had conversations with an executive and she said she use to wear them all the time...just make sure they are neat.

It's really all about neatness.

I definitely agree with you about the neatness. I've been natural since I started working in Corporate America five years ago. No problems for me. But I do think twice before breaking out the full, picked-out Afro. I would've never gone to my interview that way, cause that might not have given the best first impression. But now, I might wear one a couple of times a year. I've also seen a few Black men here with natural hair styles.

I have an aunt, though, who works for the bank. She told me that a man with a natural hair style would NOT go over well at the bank where she works, even if it was neat.

What do you mean by "bears"?

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

do you leave any of your natural hair out? I need a cute style that I can wear that won't have my natural hair out and doesn't look totally fake.

Hey Kk, yes, I leave a small portion out on the top and right now I have a front part but I have some of it pulled back with a small clip with the rest flowing down my back Its totally blended and I press my hair so its the same texture as the Yaky. Right now I am liking th emodel model brand that is the closest to the Remi hair I have seen. It's a little more costly but it's worth it. I only wear weaves that look natural, the objective is not to look like you are wearing a weave and it is your hair although I look like Pocahontas :whistle: !

So I should leave some of it out? This one girl I was going to get to weave me up was like she recommends not leaving anything out. But my hair...straighten pretty well.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I just mailed of the petition to file for my stepdaughter. Wish us luck!

YAYYYYY finesse.. many blessings on ur next journey! how old is ur stepdaughter.. do u have any other children?

she is 10 and I have a son that is 12

oh thats cool that they are close in age.. ur son will have a lil sister to protect heehee...

i know....this could be great or be potentially disastrous. blending families is no easy task...

LOL... i was gonna say or a lil sister to get on his last nerve LOL, but i thought i should be positive..

one of the reason i stayed married so long even tho we werent getting along.. i didn't want the stress and drama of the blended family.. i couldn't imagine my girls w/ another man or w/ other kids.. but i know it can work.. it will just take time..

question.. how long did it take for u to be comfortable w/ leaving ur kids home alone w/ ur husband. I trust roger but i want my girls to gain a trust for him.. i have to work on weekends sometimes and at first i plan to either not work or leave the kids w/ my mom until i feel they are ok?? any thoughts??

how old are your girls? I think it depends on what the kids are comfortable with. I have to admit that I did not anticipate my son to be so difficult in all of this but it was just that he is so possessive of me and doesn't like to have to share me. We went through some tough times. My husband has been here for almost 2 years and still every once in a while I catch my son giving my husband a dirty look or something but for the most part we are getting along just fine. My husband has been so wonderful, and patient and understanding about it, I really have to give thanks for that.

no 1 luv.. u should try.. kk, jonesie always get a press and theirs looks GREAT!my daughters press would stay for weeks at a time.. i want mine to get a lil bit longer and i will pay somebody to do it..

Awh thanks...I'm going to let them put color in next time. But you know I'm rocking the curly ponytail for now. this is the best invention ever. I mean I can be free at night...cause hubby like my real hair out....hahaha and during the day....wah la....it's a cute curly weave ponytail.

I wanna try that. A ponytail. I would definately have to get my hair pressed first

I get the curly one, medium spiral curls.. I wear my hair slicked back. I brush it up in ponytail and tie it up...so that it lays flat. I just looks wavey closer to where the ponytail starts. And since it's curly and the hair is curly...it looks pretty good. Mi like it!!

________________________________________________________________________________

congrats on sending out paperwork finesse!! Stepdaughter called monday ..asking when is she coming? She just cyaan wait. I don't know what they tell her about foreign.

Hahaha...Then I won't have to buy bras and panties for Stacey...I'll get them for stepdaugther.

Disclaimer: I do not believe you have to compromise who you truly are to obtain a job.

I know sometimes we don't want to believe this but CAN be true. Point in place...I started growing my hair natural but I have a grade of hair that can be nicely slicked back and it looks decent. My boss (the one who hired me) how they had interview one girl and she had a big fluffy and wavey weave. She said truly..she couldn't get pass looking at the hair. It was so unfair because on the paper I'm sure the girl was probably qualified. This happens because we are dealing with humans when going to a job interview.

A lot of students in my business school would get so mad at our business program orientation class. That class we had to wear a Navy blue or Black suit to class. Guess what, now everyone has a suit for an interview...hahahaha. And they would lecture us about interview techniques and such. First impressions are lasting impressions.

My motto is get the job...then break out the more colorful stuff and wilder hair styles. It took me 6 months where I felt comfortable to wear bears. I had conversations with an executive and she said she use to wear them all the time...just make sure they are neat.

It's really all about neatness.

I definitely agree with you about the neatness. I've been natural since I started working in Corporate America five years ago. No problems for me. But I do think twice before breaking out the full, picked-out Afro. I would've never gone to my interview that way, cause that might not have given the best first impression. But now, I might wear one a couple of times a year. I've also seen a few Black men here with natural hair styles.

I have an aunt, though, who works for the bank. She told me that a man with a natural hair style would NOT go over well at the bank where she works, even if it was neat.

What do you mean by "bears"?

Girl...that was suppose to be Braids!!!!!!! Don't knoa how mi a type so???

Edited by KKHoliday

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I get the curly one, medium spiral curls.. I wear my hair slicked back. I brush it up in ponytail and tie it up...so that it lays flat. I just looks wavey closer to where the ponytail starts. And since it's curly and the hair is curly...it looks pretty good. Mi like it!!

________________________________________________________________________________

congrats on sending out paperwork finesse!! Stepdaughter called monday ..asking when is she coming? She just cyaan wait. I don't know what they tell her about foreign.

Hahaha...Then I won't have to buy bras and panties for Stacey...I'll get them for stepdaugther.

thanks.. i just spoke to her this morning too and she said when are you coming fi mi? ....like she has been ready long time

Thanks. So far, every time I've spoken in Toastmasters, I've won. I think I may be more critical of myself than the other people are. But then again, no one knows if I leave stuff out of my speech but me, since they never heard it before. So while I'm kicking myself for what I didn't say, they're appreciating what I DID say.

I was more wondering if there are size limits to the rides n stuff. Like, if I can't ride anything, I can buy a spectator pass for $15 instead of a full pass for $28.

Hey Nat,

I think we are always more critical of ourselves than others, that's our natural drive to excel and exceed above expectation! Looks like you did. Go girl!

As far as the size limits, I never went in so I don't know but I am sure you can call them up and ask.

yep we have pep boys philly! thats wonderful that ur mom loves him and treats him so well.. u guys are really blessed!

omg.. girl i have soooo much stuff planned for him, i totally forgot about fathers day!! a friend of mine got me a coupon for this NICCEEE upscale brazillian steakhouse.. we might go but i know its gonna be sooo crowded on sunday ughh.. we'll see, we might just chill. i already know roger, i will have to PULL him to get out and do ANYTHING.. i told him, i will not allow him to sit in the house all day..

Hey Quanna

The Brazilian Steakhouse sounds so exotic! You must take pics! LOL Roger sounds like me I want to stay in house up under my Man all day haaaaa and I would if he let me. I didn't have any plans yet either for Father's day but I know once I but he gets his present he is going to be changing my oil and brakes for the hell of it LOL. I would like to do something special for him so he can just relax and enjoy his day!

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

i like the ponytail too.. i wear a wavy long one cuz my hair gets all wavy when i slick it back.. only prob.. trying to find a good gel that don't flake up.. even the ones that say they don't, eventually will.. i heard on fotki to use honey, but mi frighten LOL

i don't think i could leave any hair out on my sew in..i worry abou that cuz sometimes it doesn't look natural when u do a full head sew in..

i like the ponytail too.. i wear a wavy long one cuz my hair gets all wavy when i slick it back.. only prob.. trying to find a good gel that don't flake up.. even the ones that say they don't, eventually will.. i heard on fotki to use honey, but mi frighten LOL

i don't think i could leave any hair out on my sew in..i worry abou that cuz sometimes it doesn't look natural when u do a full head sew in..

Try this Quana...It gets my hair really curly.

Fantasia IC Hair Polisher OLIVE STYLING GEL - 16oz jar

Filed: Timeline

morning Ladies;

My son (5 years old) received his first award this morning "Student Achievment Award"...so, he goes on stage to get his award and shouts out, "what's up mommy, I love you" -- then flashes the I love you sign with his hand...it's also cultural awareness day, so they give him the mic (BIG, MISTAKE)... he shouts out "big up to all the JAMAICANS - Jah rastafari, then says thank you. My friend sent him a DVD on the true history of rasta (not) dread and he's watched it so many times. I'm so proud of him though, he's been through a lot this school year and he's managed to perform well above his age level.

just wanted to share....sus; I need a happy picture, co-workers pissing me off

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.