SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part15)

6,679 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

good morning, good morning, its time to say good morning.. LOL we used to sing this at the beginning of kindergarten LOL

let me see.. sus.. i am totally hating on u that u will see machel for the 1000th time and i have yet to see him in person ONCE!!

nat CONGRATS on the speech babygirl.. i guess u knew u had not prepared well, BUT what a recognition to STILL get BEST SPEECH... marvelous! and next time tell steven u gotta go wuk! LOL

1luv.. i tried to straighten mine once and it was PUFFY in HOURS! i need to get in done professionally, my daugters always looks nice when i take her to get it pressed, but still not SILKY like i see others like Jonesie???.. i don't know if its just the grade of hair or like nat say the products that are being used...

dada.. with our friend.. i never thought about that.. now i do worry sometimes myself if management will want to promote me w/ all these natural hairstyles i wear, so now that u mention that w/ her.. COULD BE a obstacle??? i know she does wear wigs and sewin alot tho so maybe she have went on interviews w/out the natural?? i don't know.. if not it is something worth trying to see if she gets a better chance..

1 luv do u ever think about being pigeonholed or not taken seriously becuz of ur natural hair?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

J2 are you going to Odunde this weekend?

:no: ... Are they still having it??? The city was talking about they didn't have the money for it this year. You're taking hubby though for the first time right, think he'll like it?

Hey Miz J,

Yup they are still having it except they will be starting the march down 25th and Locust instead of South St. since the bridge is under construction. We are all going he will have a ball I am sure since I know there will be plenty of water ice which is his new found love aside from cheese steaks :rofl: !

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hi yardies!!

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Morning, All,

R there any naturals who straighten their hair (flat iron, pressing comb) etc...Quana, Shemmy any more naturals. I want to try it never had any heat for 5 yrs

One time I spent 5 hours and a LOT of money at the salon getting my hair professionally pressed. It was the straightest/flattest it's ever been, even when I was getting relaxers! I went home, wrapped it, went to sleep, woke up, and IT WAS NO LONGER STRAIGHT! I cried.

Since then, I've flat ironed it a few times myself. What I find is the most important aspect, even more important than which of my many flat-irons I use, is what I put in my hair before flat-ironing it. Hair wax is a must (for my hair). If I were at home, I'd post two pictures taken one day apart. One shows my hair flat-ironed with some other hair product (not wax) and one shows it flat-ironed with the same iron but with wax. Night & Day difference.

okay I think I will change my mind! :blush:

Good morning ladies

R there any naturals who straighten their hair (flat iron, pressing comb) etc...Quana, Shemmy any more naturals. I want to try it never had any heat for 5 yrs

Hey 1Luv I am natural but I am Weavalicious 92% of the time LOL. when I dare wear my natural hair out only in the winter due to the lack of humidity I will press my hair straight. Let me tell you it's an ordeal because it's extremely thick and alot of it but I use 100% virgin coconut oil that I melt down on the stove and use a flat iron @ 210 degrees.

This weekend I was starting to braid my hair so I could sew in the weave and Hubby was so upset because he loves the texture of my hair and wanted me to wear it out for one week. So I said ok I look exotic now but you wait and see! So walked around the house with my natural texture for a few hours in the humidity and before his eyes it changed and I looked like the bride of Frankenstein. He was rolling and told me Baby now I understand, go ahead do your thing! So now I have and 18 inch weave down my back and I am in Happy town LOL

All caught up so now I can officially say Morning All!!!

Hey Dada Whats good?

Sus I love Machele, I wish I was going with you!

Do u do ur own weaves. My stay in Philly is real short or else I would ask u to hook me up!

I LOVE MY RAMPING SHOP!!

Timeline
Hey Dada Whats good?

Sus I love Machele, I wish I was going with you!

Nuthing girl .On the net looking for a job in either NC or TX.... Trying to keep at it before I say the freak with it and book a vacation as usual...LOL How you?

Ladies has anyone every landed a job from going to a job fair? I thought they were good to go to I was thinking bout driving down and attending one in Raleigh next month but some people up here are telling me their a waste of time. I’m not sure if their hating are serious.

Timeline
Ladies... I have a question... maybe a RANT!

Louis has FB and Gmail etc... he knows I log in once in a while. He isnt real computer literate and I am the one who set up the accounts for him. He has hooked up with Lucian friends in the states as well as keeping in touch with people back home....

Anyway... there is the chic in MD, from St Lucia originally, that has been sending him messages... "I Love you", "call me"... ish like that. Louis knows I am annoyed and doesnt answer her. He doesnt call her... but she is bugging me! She knows he is married!!! WTH does she think he is going to do??? Leave me for her old azz?? From what Louis says she never works, just lives with friends and dates men who pay her way.

WHat would you all do? Send her a message, call her? I want to message her and tell her she needs to stop... but I don't want to step over any boundaries.

IMO, he needs to take care of it. Tell her....block her....whatever.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
I just mailed of the petition to file for my stepdaughter. Wish us luck!

YAYYYYY finesse.. many blessings on ur next journey! how old is ur stepdaughter.. do u have any other children?

she is 10 and I have a son that is 12

oh thats cool that they are close in age.. ur son will have a lil sister to protect heehee...

Timeline
I have been really good.

Was just thinking about you last night. Guess we have to wait till after Dillon's wedding to plan a night out.

Why Houston?

What about (close your eyes Dillon) giving her a VJ bachelorette outing? Let me know.

Top reasons why I should move to Houston

Four people I know have moved to Houston

No SNOW

My dad has a home there and my half brother lives there

and the most important reason.......DSW Headquarters is based in Houston.

:thumbs:

We could. If we do it soon.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
dada.. with our friend.. i never thought about that.. now i do worry sometimes myself if management will want to promote me w/ all these natural hairstyles i wear, so now that u mention that w/ her.. COULD BE a obstacle??? i know she does wear wigs and sewin alot tho so maybe she have went on interviews w/out the natural?? i don't know.. if not it is something worth trying to see if she gets a better chance..

1 luv do u ever think about being pigeonholed or not taken seriously becuz of ur natural hair?

I never thought about it either until one of our group members mentioned it. Its a shame though because in 2009 you would think you should be able to wear your hair any type of way you want. I love the diversity of people looking different than me its what makes the world go wrong but at the end of the day we have to remember everyone is not as open minded as us so they might frown on afros and such. I'm kind of hoping that maybe that is it and not her or the job market. She is soooo talented and educated. I'm just hoping and praying she stays focused and that something will come of it soon.

Timeline
I just mailed of the petition to file for my stepdaughter. Wish us luck!

Good Luck, Finesse.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.