Deryck and Miho

June 2009 CSC K-1 Filers

219 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
We worked on our packet 3 stuff already and pretty much ready to go.

Hopefully your fiance went to the doctor to check what kind of vaccinations she needs.

My fiance did, and turns out she needs 2 vaccinations, one month apart from another.

The rest of the time...just waiting until she visits me in september.

Thanks for the heads-up, I didn't even think of vaccinations to be honest. I'll mention it to my fiancee for sure to avoid any delay. Coincedentially, my fiancee is visiting me in September also! Can't wait! :) BTW, where did you find a list of what you need for your Packet 3 material? I read through the K-1 guides and did not see any reference to 'Packet 3' by name--maybe I am just missing it...

Anyways, good luck and I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

Regards,

Deryck

http://japan.usembassy.gov/e/visa/tvisa-niv-k.html

Here's a link to the US embassy site in Japan. It has a checklist for everything you need and what you need to do all the way until the interview. Pretty helpful. I read through the forums about "Packet 3, Packet 4" but its pretty just the forms your fiance gets from/needs to submit to the embassy after the NOA-2.

Thanks, and good luck to you too!!

-----------

6/10/2009 - Mailed in I-129F Packet

6/13/2009 - Delivery Confirmation recieved

6/15/2009 - NOA-1 Received

6/18/2009 - Money taken from account

6/19/2009 - NOA-1 hard copy in the mail!

9/8/2009 - NOA-2!!

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline
We worked on our packet 3 stuff already and pretty much ready to go.

Hopefully your fiance went to the doctor to check what kind of vaccinations she needs.

My fiance did, and turns out she needs 2 vaccinations, one month apart from another.

The rest of the time...just waiting until she visits me in september.

Thanks for the heads-up, I didn't even think of vaccinations to be honest. I'll mention it to my fiancee for sure to avoid any delay. Coincedentially, my fiancee is visiting me in September also! Can't wait! :) BTW, where did you find a list of what you need for your Packet 3 material? I read through the K-1 guides and did not see any reference to 'Packet 3' by name--maybe I am just missing it...

Anyways, good luck and I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

Regards,

Deryck

http://japan.usembassy.gov/e/visa/tvisa-niv-k.html

Here's a link to the US embassy site in Japan. It has a checklist for everything you need and what you need to do all the way until the interview. Pretty helpful. I read through the forums about "Packet 3, Packet 4" but its pretty just the forms your fiance gets from/needs to submit to the embassy after the NOA-2.

Thanks, and good luck to you too!!

Thanks so much!! :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Oh Dear! This wait is terribly long... Checked case status today, no touches. No news is probably good news. To Deryck and Miho who asked what are we all doing to fill in the time... I got back home from spending time with my sweetie in the US 4 weeks ago (entered on the visa waiver program and time was up). Talk about life in limbo!!! Talk everyday and about to get skype hooked up to a webcam so we can talk in person. Looking for a job to make the time pass quicker...

I don't want to go back to the States untill K1 is issued. Had a bad experience at POE - LAX last time, they let me in but it took me a many calls and weeks to sort out how long my waiver was valid for. Finally after getting a hold of someone I was asked to send a statement saying exactly what happened to me at POE. The CBP manager was incredibly polite and appologetic for the experience I had and it seems the officer may have gotten himself into trouble for being a bully! Don't want to go through that one again.

Patience is a virtue they say and it's probably something we are all learning... :star:

Oh Dear! This wait is terribly long... Checked case status today, no touches. No news is probably good news. To Deryck and Miho who asked what are we all doing to fill in the time... I got back home from spending time with my sweetie in the US 4 weeks ago (entered on the visa waiver program and time was up). Talk about life in limbo!!! Talk everyday and about to get skype hooked up to a webcam so we can talk in person. Looking for a job to make the time pass quicker...

I don't want to go back to the States untill K1 is issued. Had a bad experience at POE - LAX last time, they let me in but it took me a many calls and weeks to sort out how long my waiver was valid for. Finally after getting a hold of someone I was asked to send a statement saying exactly what happened to me at POE. The CBP manager was incredibly polite and appologetic for the experience I had and it seems the officer may have gotten himself into trouble for being a bully! Don't want to go through that one again.

Patience is a virtue they say and it's probably something we are all learning... :star:

I agree hummingbird about not wanting to go to the states until I have my visa in my hot little hand, I am lucky my girl just booked a flight out here for Oct so at least we can spend some time together and that helps make the wait a little easier.

April 1, 2010 - AOS, EAD, AP package sent

April 7, 2010 - Package received

April 14, 2010 - NOA's for AOS, EAD and AP

May 27, 2010 - Biometrics Taken

June 17, 2010 - Interview letter received

July 23, 2010 - Interview date

July 23, 2010 - approved

May 17, 2012 - I751 filed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline

Hi guys

As for me i am in the US spending time with my fiance.

I entered w/o any major troubles, was taken to the 'second room' though, but was admitted as soon as i mentioned that we have met in person in Europe before. Waiver program gives u 90 days of staying in the US, so i am flying back to Lithuania next week :(

Since we just filed our I129F (june), and we dont wanna spend much time apart, i will try to get back in september for another 80-90 days which is risky, i know, but is worth trying.

I have read many posts here regarding entering the US while yr case is pending. many ppl mention that u gotta have to prove yr ties to yr home country LOL

I AM GONNA MARRY A US CITIZEN AND MOVE HERE, obviously even if i have ties to my home country, i have decided to abandon them!!! why would i need to prove the opposite??? its ridiculous :blink:

Anyways, i ll do my best to get through for the second time

Wish me luck, will stay in touch and keep u informed

I-129F Sent : 2009-06-19

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-06-22

I-129F RFE(s) : none

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-06

NVC Received : 2009-10-09

NVC Left : 2009-10-14

Consulate Received : 2009-10-20

Interview Date : 2009-10-27

Visa received: 2009-10-28

US entry: 2009-11-15

Wedding: 2009-12-17

NOA Date : 2010-02-17

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

Interview Date : 2010-05-04

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey hey people!!

Our California May filers are starting to get their NO2!! Yay.... We are next in line :dancing: ...

Let's hope I have not started dancing to soon!!

xxx

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-05-27

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-06-01

Request for further information : 2009-09-11

Information received and processing continues : 2009-09-18

Touch : 2009-09-21

Touch : 2009-09-24

Touch : 2009-09-25

Approved : 2009-09-24

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-29 Hard copy recieved =)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello,

Jessie and I are June 2009 filers. NOA 1 was June 11, 2009.

So..... according to the statistics...... That would put her interview in January 2010? Right ?? What are the rest of you thinking? We are new and have not done allot of research, we have allot to learn. Any help or information wold be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Doug N Jessie

c3ui55avqx8o20jy.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi everyone.. just wanted to throw in too..

I got the NOA1 dated June 30 fromt he California Service Center. No notices on the USCIS site for anything beyond that.

We are going to meet up for a vacation in Mexico in October.

I saw someone said May NOA2 are already going out so that has me a little concerned that it might come too soon! That would be an oddball turn of events.

Well.. off to keep waiting...

Timeline

Glad to hear all of the potential good news coming... I also hope that the NOA2 comes soon! My fiancee and I are hoping to have a visa in hand by the end of December. Would be nice if it worked out that way! ^_^

Good luck to everyone, and I hope to see some NOA2 posts in here in the near future!!

Regards,

Deryck

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Looks like processing slowed down this week. Only 8 NOA2 from CSC this week compared to 40 something last week. Hope it picks back up. Selfish I know as there are so many VSC people that have waited much longer on average.

I would love to get a NOA2 by mid September and have an interview for my SO by mid to late November. I really want to be at the interview but wont be allowed to fly if this drags past early December. Waiting is such a drag. :clock:

Our timeline

K-1

6/17/09 Mailed I-129F 6/19/09 NOA 1

9/09/09 NOA 2 9/28/09 Packet 3

11/03/09 Interview - Approved 11/05/09 Medical

11/09/09 Visa in hand

11/24/09 POE San Francisco

01/03/10 Baby due date

1/16/10 Baby - Its a Boy!

AOS

2/22/10 Filed AOS

4/17/10 Biometrics appt

5/16/10 Interview - Approved!

6/10 Green Card in hand

ROC

4/04/12 Filed I-751 California Service Center

4/21/12 NOA

7/20/12 Biometrics Appt

11/16/12 RFE

12/10/12 Sent RFE package

12/21/12 Approval Letter!!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi all,

Still waiting for that wonderful NOA2, and counting down the time until my fiancee visits me here in the US... only 3 weeks to go! Keeping our fingers crossed that there is no trouble with the immigration officers. :unsure:

Good luck to all!

Deryck

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi june filers at CSC...may i join too???

we received the hardcopy of our NOA1 last June 22,,,thats why our VJ timeline says it will be adjudicated between Oct. 6-21...almost 4 months to think..its fluctuating though...at times it moves at an earlier date...but still hoping we will get it earlier than what its written there...

guys my question is----which one is more reliable???IGOR'S LIST OR VJ TIMELINE??? just something to talk about here...

goodluck to us all June filers...

OUR K-1 JOURNEY TIMELINE

06-22-2009 ---- NOA1 09-18-2009 ---- NOA2

10-27-2009 ---- Medical 11-11-2009 ---- PEPS for Annulment Issue 11-18-09 ----Received PEPS Result

12-04-2009 ---- Interview 12-12-2009 ---- Visa Received

12-18-2009 ---- Flight to US via PAL ...POE - LAX

03-02-2010 ---- SSN and State ID

---AOS TIMELINE---

02-09-2010 ---- Mailed AOS( 485, 864, 131, 765, 1145)

02-12-2010 ---- AOS Package Received by DHS-USCIS

02-18-2010 ---- E-Notification, SMS and NOA Hardcopy Received

03-15-2010 ---- Biometrics Appointment in Milwaukee, WI

04-09-2010 ---- Authorization for Parole/Travel Dox Received

04-16-2010 ---- EAD Card Received

05-12-2010 ---- Interview Schedule in Milwaukee..PASSED!!! Thank You Lord!

05-17-2010 ---- Welcome Notice arrived in mail

06-01-2010 ---- Received Instruction Permit Card from DMV

06-10-2010 ---- 2-yr. GC/PRC arrived today in the mail..SALAMAT PO LORD!

12-12-2010 ---- Got my DMV License

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.