1,187 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

ScottThuy, you just have given me a few good ideas about things to do before NOA2 :)..

Kimberly, a fellow VJ user whose now husband is from Egypt like I am sent me packet 3 forms.. They were both in English and Arabic and I read then quite a few times. She said she was not sure if I am going to receive exactly similar forms, but at least I have an idea now how they would look like. May be you can ask someone here on VJ that is from England or their fiance/fiancee is from England to send you packet 3 forms if they have reached that stage yet.

The photos I sent to John before he sent our K1 papers were actually smaller than his, but he noticed and got them reprinted with the same size as his and like they are supposed to be. :blush:

I really hope none of gets any RFE's.. It's really hard enough to make it without our loved ones...

What I am worried about now (and we all are worried by some reason or another lol) is the medical exam. I don't have a record of the shots that I have had all my life and don't know if I have missed any. I also am not sure what medical problems could be something at the test, not that I have any thank God but just to know... What am I supposed to prepare for it and so on..?

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks Scott, I'll make sure to send my fiance a reminder e-mail to call IRS for the transcripts...

I think it's just really difficult to wait for something and not have any control about the outcome. I have been worrying so much myself. There are even times that I would start checking the forms I sent to my fiance to assure myself that nothing is wrong and even ask my fiance if he didn't forget to put this and that in the package... Paranoia huh? Then I realized that I missed putting the company addresses at my g-325a, now I'm worried about getting an RFE about it. I hope Scott has an angel's tongue and that USCIS really won't make a big deal out of it.

As per passport photo, when I got mine taken, I told the photographer that what I need is 2x2 with white background. The passport size in our country is different that's why I didn't bother to tell him it's for passport use. I was glad though that the size specification of the face, etc. were correct. I even measured it to be sure, that's how paranoid I was. :P My worry now is that USCIS might not like the brightness, etc. of the photo. :wacko:

Aya, I'm also worried about the future medical exam. I have always been in good health condition but just last May, I had a terrible cough which lasted for a month and half. I'm ok now but I'm hoping it won't affect my medical exam. I also don't have vaccination record. I only remember being given a shot once, when I was 7 years old and I don't even remember what's that for.

Oh well, maybe we're just worrying too much! I really hope none of us will get an RFE or will have problems with our visa processing. Goodluck to all of us!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Thanks Scott, I'll make sure to send my fiance a reminder e-mail to call IRS for the transcripts...

I think it's just really difficult to wait for something and not have any control about the outcome. I have been worrying so much myself. There are even times that I would start checking the forms I sent to my fiance to assure myself that nothing is wrong and even ask my fiance if he didn't forget to put this and that in the package... Paranoia huh? Then I realized that I missed putting the company addresses at my g-325a, now I'm worried about getting an RFE about it. I hope Scott has an angel's tongue and that USCIS really won't make a big deal out of it.

As per passport photo, when I got mine taken, I told the photographer that what I need is 2x2 with white background. The passport size in our country is different that's why I didn't bother to tell him it's for passport use. I was glad though that the size specification of the face, etc. were correct. I even measured it to be sure, that's how paranoid I was. :P My worry now is that USCIS might not like the brightness, etc. of the photo. :wacko:

Aya, I'm also worried about the future medical exam. I have always been in good health condition but just last May, I had a terrible cough which lasted for a month and half. I'm ok now but I'm hoping it won't affect my medical exam. I also don't have vaccination record. I only remember being given a shot once, when I was 7 years old and I don't even remember what's that for.

Oh well, maybe we're just worrying too much! I really hope none of us will get an RFE or will have problems with our visa processing. Goodluck to all of us!

I understand your worries, I have much anxiety about my petition as well. I think you will be fine, I know it is hard to relax and wait for this. Believe me, everyday I'm with out Janna I feel sick to my stomach, and worry that it will be years before we can start our lives together. I pray for a smooth visa process for all of us that truly have found their other half. Never give up on your dream and stay positive, we are all suffering through this together. I wish you the best of luck. I wish us all the best. Keep your head up, think positive until you hear differently.

K-1,VSC, Moscow Consulate

I-129F sent:2009-06-04

NOA1: 2009-06-09

NOA2: 2009-09-16

NVC Received: 2009-09-17

NVC Left: 2009-09-22

Consulate Received: 2009-09-25

Medical: IOM, Moscow, 2009-12-07

Interview: 2009-12-08

Visa Received: 2009-12-14

Arrival to USA: 2010-01-15

Marriage: 2010-03-27

AOS, EAD, AP

CIS Office: Charleston, SC

Filed AOS Package: 2010-05-26

NOA: 2010-06-04

Bio Appt: 2010-07-09

AOS Transfer to CSC: 2010-06-30

EAD Card Production Order: 2010-08-04

AP Received: 2010-08-09

ROC

I-751 sent: 2012-7-11

NOA-1: 2012-8-1

Bio-Appointment: 2012-9-19

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thanks... When it comes to the Medical... They will do what they have to do based on the requirements for your country, but if you can track down any documentation of the shots you have already.. that may save you some pain and time....

I find myself thinking about this whole process far too much some days... I have been through all of my paperwork a number of times and have found some errors in my initial submission... Its a good thing to look back over the forms a few times.. not more than a few times and not every day... But as a SO and not the USC, you MUST know everything that was submitted originally... They will ask questions based on what has been provided... If it was stated that you met a specific way on a given day.. that is it.. no changes .. no variations... in some consulates.. VN especially, they are looking for any reason to deny.... Some countries require a timeline of the relationship... It helps to have one anyway as a way to keep track of what happened when and then if asked.. you may remember more easily and more consistantly. RFE's for something like a picture or a translation are not really a big deal if we are ready for them.... it may cost us a few weeks... not bad in the whole scheme of things... When we started in June my timeline showed and expected NOA2 of late Sept. now I look and see early Dec... that really gets to me... I had hoped we would be blessed with a visa before Christmas, but now I may be lucky to see it happen by Valentines day... its amazing the difference between CSC and VSC... I wish there was a way to poke em with a stick to get them working... :bonk:

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I too pray for a smooth ride through this journey for all of us. As patience has NEVER been my strong point, this process is definitely teaching me about how to be more patient. It is early in the journey for all of us, and I think that by the end of it we will all be bald from pulling our hair out. LOL! At least we have each other....thank goodness! I hope Vermont keeps up the pace and we all get out NOA2's around the 4 month mark instead of the projected 5 months that my timeline says!!! I really want a wedding in March! Hope everyone is doing well! Hang in there....we will all get there eventually!

Kimberly

Edited by KimberlyandMark

10-13-08 - Met on Yahoo

03-03-09 - Mark's first visit to U.S.

05-22-09 - Mark's second visit to U.S.

05-23-09 - ENGAGED!!!!

06-02-09 - Sent 129-F

06-09-10 - NOA1

06-10-09 - Check cashed

06-16-09 - NOA1 hardcopy received

09-17-09 - NOA 2!!!!!

09-22-09 - Case received by NVC...got new NVC case number

09-23-09 - Case sent to London Embassy

09-25-09 - Case delivered to London Embassy

10-09-09 - Packet 3 received to Mark

10-29-09 - Packet 3 posted to embassy

11-27-09 - Mark's medical in London....PASSED!!!!

12-29-09 - Mark's interview at embassy....APPROVED!!!

12-31-09 - Mark gets his visa from the courier

01-19-09 - Mark here in the US for good!!!! POE - Atlanta

03-06-10 - Wedding....YEAH!

04-01-10 - AOS, EAD, AP paperwork filed

04-06-10 - NOA 1 received

05-07-10 - Biometrics in Birmingham, AL

05-15-10 - File transferred to CSC

06-15-10 - Green card production ordered

06-26-10 - Green card received in the mail

04-09-12 - ROC NOA 1

05-11-12 - Biometrics in Birmingham, AL

Timeline
I too pray for a smooth ride through this journey for all of us. As patience has NEVER been my strong point, this process is definitely teaching me about how to be more patient. It is early in the journey for all of us, and I think that by the end of it we will all be bald from pulling our hair out. LOL! At least we have each other....thank goodness! I hope Vermont keeps up the pace and we all get out NOA2's around the 4 month mark instead of the projected 5 months that my timeline says!!! I really want a wedding in March! Hope everyone is doing well! Hang in there....we will all get there eventually!

Kimberly

I went to the office supply store last week and bought a file holder that has sections and labels for the sections... I think it will help us to keep track of everything we will need throughout the journey, not just the K1 phase. It is quite extensive what Thuy will have to take to the interview...Some of the documents that we get during thise portion of the journey will be required much later so they need to be well organized. After my son was born I became a far more patient person.. he's 12 now and I think every day I become more patient... This Journey really tests that patience.... Thuy likes to countdown to things.. "how long till I see you again?" "How long till the interview?" "How long till the visa?" The see you again question I can control but besides that.. I have little or no impact...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Just dropping in to wish the June filers a speedy journey! :star:

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just dropping in to wish the June filers a speedy journey! :star:

Thank you! :) I'm really hoping the same...

Thanks Chris & Janna for understanding how I feel. I'd be really glad once this is done.

Scott, don't worry too much about the timeline. I think everyone's timeline is showing to becoming later than the initial timeline. I don't really give so much thought about it since it's just really an estimate of the real one. We might get our NOA2s much sooner (being positive here. Hehehehe...).

Goodluck to all of us! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

John and I wish Good Luck to all in the June Pool!!! Weee (splashes round) I hope everyon'es journey is rapid and without issue.

"Waiting does not seem long, once it is accomplished"

Click on "my timeline" and it is there. Takes up too much space in the signature area.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi everybody

My fiance lives in Callao, Peru and I live in Houston, Texas. I sent my I-129F on June 2, the check was cashed on June 9 at the vermon center. I still have not recieved NOA1 in the mail.

Timeline
Hi everybody

My fiance lives in Callao, Peru and I live in Houston, Texas. I sent my I-129F on June 2, the check was cashed on June 9 at the vermon center. I still have not recieved NOA1 in the mail.

did you get your number off of the back of the canceled check? You should call them to let them know as they may have your address wrong...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Kimberly

I went to the office supply store last week and bought a file holder that has sections and labels for the sections... I think it will help us to keep track of everything we will need throughout the journey, not just the K1 phase. It is quite extensive what Thuy will have to take to the interview...Some of the documents that we get during thise portion of the journey will be required much later so they need to be well organized. After my son was born I became a far more patient person.. he's 12 now and I think every day I become more patient... This Journey really tests that patience.... Thuy likes to countdown to things.. "how long till I see you again?" "How long till the interview?" "How long till the visa?" The see you again question I can control but besides that.. I have little or no impact...

I am a counter too! I have a calendar that I mark off the days until I see my sweetie again. I leave for England 3 weeks from tomorrow....can"t wait!!!!

10-13-08 - Met on Yahoo

03-03-09 - Mark's first visit to U.S.

05-22-09 - Mark's second visit to U.S.

05-23-09 - ENGAGED!!!!

06-02-09 - Sent 129-F

06-09-10 - NOA1

06-10-09 - Check cashed

06-16-09 - NOA1 hardcopy received

09-17-09 - NOA 2!!!!!

09-22-09 - Case received by NVC...got new NVC case number

09-23-09 - Case sent to London Embassy

09-25-09 - Case delivered to London Embassy

10-09-09 - Packet 3 received to Mark

10-29-09 - Packet 3 posted to embassy

11-27-09 - Mark's medical in London....PASSED!!!!

12-29-09 - Mark's interview at embassy....APPROVED!!!

12-31-09 - Mark gets his visa from the courier

01-19-09 - Mark here in the US for good!!!! POE - Atlanta

03-06-10 - Wedding....YEAH!

04-01-10 - AOS, EAD, AP paperwork filed

04-06-10 - NOA 1 received

05-07-10 - Biometrics in Birmingham, AL

05-15-10 - File transferred to CSC

06-15-10 - Green card production ordered

06-26-10 - Green card received in the mail

04-09-12 - ROC NOA 1

05-11-12 - Biometrics in Birmingham, AL

Timeline
I am a counter too! I have a calendar that I mark off the days until I see my sweetie again. I leave for England 3 weeks from tomorrow....can"t wait!!!!

Lucky You! I had planned on going in August but $ isnt there.. I guess I will have to wait until the holidays...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hi everybody

I think I'd check the USCIS website, or call on it. Did you sent it certified return receipt?? Hopefully that will help you track it. Good Luck on your Journey!

"Waiting does not seem long, once it is accomplished"

Click on "my timeline" and it is there. Takes up too much space in the signature area.

Timeline
ScottThuy, you just have given me a few good ideas about things to do before NOA2 :)..

Kimberly, a fellow VJ user whose now husband is from Egypt like I am sent me packet 3 forms.. They were both in English and Arabic and I read then quite a few times. She said she was not sure if I am going to receive exactly similar forms, but at least I have an idea now how they would look like. May be you can ask someone here on VJ that is from England or their fiance/fiancee is from England to send you packet 3 forms if they have reached that stage yet.

The photos I sent to John before he sent our K1 papers were actually smaller than his, but he noticed and got them reprinted with the same size as his and like they are supposed to be. :blush:

I really hope none of gets any RFE's.. It's really hard enough to make it without our loved ones...

What I am worried about now (and we all are worried by some reason or another lol) is the medical exam. I don't have a record of the shots that I have had all my life and don't know if I have missed any. I also am not sure what medical problems could be something at the test, not that I have any thank God but just to know... What am I supposed to prepare for it and so on..?

Tomorrow I am sending a supplement to my initial filing to address anything that could result in an RFE. I will let you know if the accept it... I originally sent her pic that was the wrong size and her 325A's were not originals they were scanned copies.. oh yeah I also forgot to include a translation of her divorce decree.. :bonk: . so with all of that I am also including a few things that are unique to her country that are common issues at the interview... if USCIS has seen them, then they can't be an issue at the interview... I put a copy of the NOA1 in there with the bar code to see if that helps things to get matched up in VSC... With luck it won't get returned to me and I may get processed along the way.. yeah I know wishful thinking.. :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.