1,187 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Wow! our June number of folks on Igors list jumped up in the past day or so... my guess we will end up with less than 60 for the month at VSC

I looked at the Igors list statistics that breaks it down to avg number processed per day and VSC averaged 3.3 per day over the past year.

http://cse.ssl.berkeley.edu/igor/vjdata/stats.aspx

our NOA2's should be less than 4 months out with the drop in filers... that equates to fewer files between ours and the next step.

Amen to a less than 4 month processing time!!!!! Having my sweetie here forever by Christmas would be a dream come true, not to mention the BEST Christmas present in the world! Bought my wedding dress this week and look forward to a late winter or early spring wedding. Let's all keep our fingers crossed!!!

Kimberly (Bella)

Aww! That must have been sweet an exciting! I probably am going to have mine made. Have been spending big time on wedding stuff websites to pick the design I like.. I picked a few :P I hope I find that perfect dress in my head though. We are going to have a beach wedding. I'm so excited!! :)

How exciting that you are going to have one made. I just popped into David's Bridal and picked a few out and tried them on. I sent pictures to my mother in law to be and she thinks I look great in it and knows Mark will think so too! Can't let him see it until the day though. We are having a poolside wedding...so we will both be near water on our wedding day. LOL! Glad to have such great company here at VJ to keep me sane during the LONG wait!

Kimberly

Edited by Bella1043

10-13-08 - Met on Yahoo

03-03-09 - Mark's first visit to U.S.

05-22-09 - Mark's second visit to U.S.

05-23-09 - ENGAGED!!!!

06-02-09 - Sent 129-F

06-09-10 - NOA1

06-10-09 - Check cashed

06-16-09 - NOA1 hardcopy received

09-17-09 - NOA 2!!!!!

09-22-09 - Case received by NVC...got new NVC case number

09-23-09 - Case sent to London Embassy

09-25-09 - Case delivered to London Embassy

10-09-09 - Packet 3 received to Mark

10-29-09 - Packet 3 posted to embassy

11-27-09 - Mark's medical in London....PASSED!!!!

12-29-09 - Mark's interview at embassy....APPROVED!!!

12-31-09 - Mark gets his visa from the courier

01-19-09 - Mark here in the US for good!!!! POE - Atlanta

03-06-10 - Wedding....YEAH!

04-01-10 - AOS, EAD, AP paperwork filed

04-06-10 - NOA 1 received

05-07-10 - Biometrics in Birmingham, AL

05-15-10 - File transferred to CSC

06-15-10 - Green card production ordered

06-26-10 - Green card received in the mail

04-09-12 - ROC NOA 1

05-11-12 - Biometrics in Birmingham, AL

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Sounds sweet!! :)

So what is everyone doing after their NOA1's has anyone prepared anything for the coming stages?

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

So what is everyone doing after their NOA1's has anyone prepared anything for the coming stages?

I have been nonstop preparing... The way I look at it, it is an uphill battle all the way to try to think ahead of whatever they may ask or ask for in the interview. I unfortunatly have to deal with the toughest consulate out there... I have most of packet 3 & 4 addressed already. We also practice a list of 200+ questions that she may be asked at the interview. Also getting notarized letters saying our ex's don't live with us...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

I have been nonstop preparing... The way I look at it, it is an uphill battle all the way to try to think ahead of whatever they may ask or ask for in the interview. I unfortunatly have to deal with the toughest consulate out there... I have most of packet 3 & 4 addressed already. We also practice a list of 200+ questions that she may be asked at the interview. Also getting notarized letters saying our ex's don't live with us...

Where can I find the packet 3 & 4 stuff so I can get I can get it addressed also. What is contained in packet 3 so my fiance can start getting stuff together for it?

10-13-08 - Met on Yahoo

05-23-09 - ENGAGED!!!!

06-02-09 - Sent 129-F

06-09-10 - NOA1

06-10-09 - Check cashed

09-17-09 - NOA 2!!!!!

04-09-12 - ROC NOA 1

Timeline

Where can I find the packet 3 & 4 stuff so I can get I can get it addressed also. What is contained in packet 3 so my fiance can start getting stuff together for it?

Each consulate is different on that one... Check the local discussion for your consulate for an example that someone has posted... The one I have is specific to HCMC VN. here is a link that will help you ... http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=202181

Edited by ScottThuy

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

Shazaam!!! My timeline shows my date moving back every day it seems.... I have moved from an expectd date of mid Oct to Late Nov as of this AM... I must wonder if VSC is gonna meet the 5 month avg. goal they have by Oct. as was stated in the news. They need to get back on track! Not to say that thhere may be a lack of VJers updating timelines in a timely manner..

Are your dates moving back as well?

Timeline

Each consulate is different on that one... Check the local discussion for your consulate for an example that someone has posted... The one I have is specific to HCMC VN. here is a link that will help you ... http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=202181

Thanks so much! That gave me exactly what I needed!

10-13-08 - Met on Yahoo

05-23-09 - ENGAGED!!!!

06-02-09 - Sent 129-F

06-09-10 - NOA1

06-10-09 - Check cashed

09-17-09 - NOA 2!!!!!

04-09-12 - ROC NOA 1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Shazaam!!! My timeline shows my date moving back every day it seems.... I have moved from an expectd date of mid Oct to Late Nov as of this AM... I must wonder if VSC is gonna meet the 5 month avg. goal they have by Oct. as was stated in the news. They need to get back on track! Not to say that thhere may be a lack of VJers updating timelines in a timely manner..

Are your dates moving back as well?

Yes, Scott... Unfortunately... :(

In mid-June my expected date was late Sept to early Oct... Now it's mid Oct to early Nov!!! OMG!!!

Really hope people update their timelines AND VSC gets back on track as soon as possible!!!

Let's keep the positive thoughts!! What else can we do?? :wacko:

Lu

"Pedis e obtereis"

OUR TIMELINE

05/28/2009 - I-129F Sent

06/02/2009 - NOA1

06/04/2009 - Check cashed

09/11/2009 - Touched!

09/11/2009 - NOA2 approved!!

09/14/2009 - Touched

09/16/2009 - NVC received

09/18/2009 - NVC left

09/22/2009 - Consulate received

10/02/2009 - Pkt 4 received

10/29/2009 - Medical - PASSED!!

11/10/2009 - Interview - APPROVED!

11/16/2009 - Visa received!

11/24/2009 - Arrived at the USA

12/08/2009 - Got married!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
Still waiting for my check to cash so I can get my number. I can tell I am going to have a patience problem. :wacko:

Good Luck! My wife(Anita) is from Piura, and we are going through the AOS process right now. So, if you need anything, ask us and we'll try and help.

Troy/Ana

Troy & Anita

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

There's not much to prepare in my part but to get my passport renewed, which I'm planning to do next month, and request for CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage) and Birth certificate this coming September or October. I'm also planning to have my college diploma translated to English just in case I might need it someday. Plus the proofs of ongoing relationship.

I'm gonna ask my fiance to start preparing the documents we'll be needing for the next stage next month since I don't see any reason to hurry up yet. He's too busy now with his work...Anyways, if i'm not mistaken, all he needs to prepare are the following: birth certificate which he already has, I-134, 3 years tax transcripts, photo copy of IRS form 1040 and W2s for past 3 years (i think both are optional), employment letter and pay stubs.

For now I'm just keeping myself busy planning for our future together. I've been researching for apartments where we will be living. I want us to live near his workplace so he can easily go home during lunch break and we can eat lunch together everyday. I am also checking the airfare cost every now and then so we will have an idea how much money do we need to spend for me to get there.

For the wedding? I'm actually asking my fiance for us to just have a court wedding with his family and very close friends only. I already have an idea how I want my dress to look like. Hehehe...Just a simple white dress.

I'm really excited to start our lives together! :D

I'm a little worried though...I just realized that at my g-325a, I forgot to put the address of the companies where I worked for :crying: Now I'm afraid we might be getting an RFE and it will cause a delay...I hope VSC will just let it go. Wish us luck!

Anyways, goodluck to all of us! Let's hope for a speedy and smooth processing!

Edited by loveaboo

Timeline
I'm a little worried though...I just realized that at my g-325a, I forgot to put the address of the companies where I worked for :crying: Now I'm afraid we might be getting an RFE and it will cause a delay...I hope VSC will just let it go.

You should not have an issue about the addresses on the 325. take that info to interview. Every country is different as to what they want at the interview. There is a great resource for you n the local PI discussion since there are so many folks going through there regularly. I think the key is to create a checklist to keep everything organized and that way nothing is overlooked. Better to have a little more than a little less. Have him call the IRS to get the transcripts out of the way as it takes some time to get them and no sense putting it off... Its just a matter of a phone call... For some people they seem to overlook the fact that there are some docs that they want original as well as a copy taken to interview.. so be sure to have the originals when needed...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
Still waiting for my check to cash so I can get my number. I can tell I am going to have a patience problem. :wacko:

Good Luck! My wife(Anita) is from Piura, and we are going through the AOS process right now. So, if you need anything, ask us and we'll try and help.

Troy/Ana

I appreciate it. I am just hoping to not get an RFE. I am worried her passport photos were too big. Just in case, I am going to get some more of her taken when I visit her in Lima in September. I can also give her all my documents she will need for her interview (if it ever arrives).

Timeline

Troy/Ana

I appreciate it. I am just hoping to not get an RFE. I am worried her passport photos were too big. Just in case, I am going to get some more of her taken when I visit her in Lima in September. I can also give her all my documents she will need for her interview (if it ever arrives).

I have the same fear.. I had her take some and they were sent here.. they should arrive tomorrow, but I am not sure if they are even the correct size.... If they are not, then I will be heading to walgreens to get new ones made from the oversize ones...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I'm a little worried though...I just realized that at my g-325a, I forgot to put the address of the companies where I worked for :crying: Now I'm afraid we might be getting an RFE and it will cause a delay...I hope VSC will just let it go.

You should not have an issue about the addresses on the 325. take that info to interview. Every country is different as to what they want at the interview. There is a great resource for you n the local PI discussion since there are so many folks going through there regularly. I think the key is to create a checklist to keep everything organized and that way nothing is overlooked. Better to have a little more than a little less. Have him call the IRS to get the transcripts out of the way as it takes some time to get them and no sense putting it off... Its just a matter of a phone call... For some people they seem to overlook the fact that there are some docs that they want original as well as a copy taken to interview.. so be sure to have the originals when needed...

I really hope the addresses of the companies where I worked for will not be an issue. I'm really hoping to be with my fiance before the year ends and we're also hoping to spend Christmas together for the 1st time. Wish us luck!

I agree, the key is to be organized. As per the transcripts, according to this link: http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc156.html?portlet=1 , it will take 10 to 30 business days upon request to receive it.

I have the same fear.. I had her take some and they were sent here.. they should arrive tomorrow, but I am not sure if they are even the correct size.... If they are not, then I will be heading to walgreens to get new ones made from the oversize ones...

Passport Photo size is 2x2. For a complete specification, pls. review this link: http://travel.state.gov/passport/guide/faq/faq_881.html.

Let's hope for a speedy and smooth visa processing processing. Goodluck to all of us! :)

Timeline
Passport Photo size is 2x2. For a complete specification, pls. review this link: http://travel.state.gov/passport/guide/faq/faq_881.html.

Let's hope for a speedy and smooth visa processing processing. Goodluck to all of us! :)

Thanks,

They can fax the transcripts if they are needed right away...

We knew the size requirements for the photos... its not always that simple to get a photographer that is thousands of miles that speaks a diffeent language, to create a picture to that exact specification.. ours are a little big as different countries have diffeent standards for "passport photos" sometimes its not an issue.. it depends on the person doing the evaluation...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.