1,187 posts in this topic

And Just in case that everyone doesn't know, when your fiance(e) gets handed the I-94 at departure airport or on the plane to the US, its the white I-94 form we need not the green I-94W

:)

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey Everyone! Soooooo Here is my story for today! Called DOS again because its Friday.. the woman said we have been elidgible to call for an interview as of 10/9 because Caracas electronically sent the packet to Manila! If i woulda known that ealier I would already have a date by now! This is crazy that we've been waiting this whole friggen time. I was under the impression (because everyone I've spoken to has said) tha we have to wait till the file physically gets to the embassy. UGhrrrrrr! Well, Ill be calling Manila tonight when they open and seeing if we can make an appt! Ill be so excited if I can actually have a date to look forward to! Fingers Crosssssssed!! for everyone! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Then I presume we are all back here 2 years later for AOS.

AOS, as well as EAD and AP gets done as soon as you get married, then as we will all be issued with only 2 year grean cards we will need to apply 18 months after we marry to lift conditions so we can get the full 10 year green card :)

K1 flow chart;

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow

AOS: Apply for Adjustment of Status; this will give you a 2 year green card.

EAD: Employment Authorization Document; this will allow you to work, comes faster then the GC

AP: Advance Parole; Allows you to leave the US and return, untill we get this if we leave the country we can not get back in >< and would have to apply for a new visa.

if you apply for all 3 at once, then they all come under the cost of the AOS. (read cheaper)

hope this helps :D

ohhhh ok i got that.. I think.. lets redirect in IM.. cuz this part seems confusing.. I guess its the same for any consulate or any beneficiary?

"Waiting does not seem long, once it is accomplished"

Click on "my timeline" and it is there. Takes up too much space in the signature area.

Timeline

so when we get married, we send a request for all 3 at once?? right??

Click on "my timeline" and it is there. Takes up too much space in the signature area.

Timeline
Hey Everyone! Soooooo Here is my story for today! Called DOS again because its Friday.. the woman said we have been elidgible to call for an interview as of 10/9 because Caracas electronically sent the packet to Manila! If i woulda known that ealier I would already have a date by now! This is crazy that we've been waiting this whole friggen time. I was under the impression (because everyone I've spoken to has said) tha we have to wait till the file physically gets to the embassy. UGhrrrrrr! Well, Ill be calling Manila tonight when they open and seeing if we can make an appt! Ill be so excited if I can actually have a date to look forward to! Fingers Crosssssssed!! for everyone! :)

ok, just realized tomorrow will be SATURDAY there.. ugh.. more waiting.

Timeline

Woo Hoo!! go get em Jos.. lets get that interview done!!

Timeline
Yes, Wendy after you get married apply for all three of those at one time. Its all covered in the $ 1010.00

great.. i will do that on my honemoon.. lolololol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Paraguay
Timeline
Congratulations to everyone with interview dates! I'm glad that things are moving along for all of us.

Welcome to June Filers Nancy and Marcelo!

Thanks Aya & John! I've been watching everyone's progress from affar, and I thought it was finally time to join in the fun. (Hope I'm getting this quotes thing right, too.)

Also thanks also to Scott, Warren and Wendy for the AOS info. I've been so wrapped up in the waiting that I forgot about all that for a minute. Does anyone know the reqirements for courthouse marriages in your areas? Of course, my courthouse hasn't made it to the 21st century and put this information on the internet yet. I'm guessing his passport and our story will be enough, but I'll be giving them a call Monday to double check.

06/??/2008 - met one night in Madrid

09/23/2008 - moved to Buenos Aires together

06/15/2009 - he PROPOSED

06/24/2009 - mailed I-129F packet to Vermont

06/26/2009 - when the USCIS recieved my package (and cashed the check!)

07/03/2009 - NOA1 in the mail

09/21/2009 - NOA2 text recieved/online case status updated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

09/23/2009 - Case recieved by NVC

09/25/2009 - Case sent to Buenos Aires consulate

10/08/2009 - Packet 3 E-mail from consulate

10/15/2009 - Returned packet 3

10/16/2009 - Medical exam; at doc's insistence, sent copies of sealed envelope

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Congratulations to everyone with interview dates! I'm glad that things are moving along for all of us.

Welcome to June Filers Nancy and Marcelo!

Thanks Aya & John! I've been watching everyone's progress from affar, and I thought it was finally time to join in the fun. (Hope I'm getting this quotes thing right, too.)

Also thanks also to Scott, Warren and Wendy for the AOS info. I've been so wrapped up in the waiting that I forgot about all that for a minute. Does anyone know the reqirements for courthouse marriages in your areas? Of course, my courthouse hasn't made it to the 21st century and put this information on the internet yet. I'm guessing his passport and our story will be enough, but I'll be giving them a call Monday to double check.

Hang onto all of your paperwork that you can as it can be an asset down the road... The NOA2 is required when doing AOS... so DO NOT LOSE IT... also make sure that you keep the I 94 the paper that you complete on the plane to get through immigration... thats like your proof you got into the movie theatre and it will be needed down the road... so when in doubt, save everything...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

Your welcome and best of luck on finishing it up. I'm ready to be done! :)

Timeline

OK so, made our interview appt! Could have had it Nov 15th, but Joseph will be just getting to the Philippines then and we wanted him to have time to get the paperwork he needs like the CENOMAR and his NBI Clearance.. so I made it for Dec 21st. His medical is Dec 14th. So, if all goes well he can be here right after the new year. That is exactly what I was hoping so he can see his family for the holidays. Few more months this will be over with. Im so excited we finally have an actual date to look forward to!

Goodluck everyone on your journey! <3 Megan

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Congrats Scott! Glad to hear you are almost out of AP!!

Wendy, Mark is sending his stuff to the consulate today. How long did John's police certificate take to get to him? Mark is sending his stuff off without actually having it in him hands. We are hoping his inerview does not get scheduled between Nov 11 ans 23rd since he will be here in the US with me. We are hoping to get him here by Jan 19th! I am planning to fly over and get him around the 13th or so. Glad this part of the journey is almost over!

Congrats to everyone that is almost done with this leg of the journey!

Kim

10-13-08 - Met on Yahoo

03-03-09 - Mark's first visit to U.S.

05-22-09 - Mark's second visit to U.S.

05-23-09 - ENGAGED!!!!

06-02-09 - Sent 129-F

06-09-10 - NOA1

06-10-09 - Check cashed

06-16-09 - NOA1 hardcopy received

09-17-09 - NOA 2!!!!!

09-22-09 - Case received by NVC...got new NVC case number

09-23-09 - Case sent to London Embassy

09-25-09 - Case delivered to London Embassy

10-09-09 - Packet 3 received to Mark

10-29-09 - Packet 3 posted to embassy

11-27-09 - Mark's medical in London....PASSED!!!!

12-29-09 - Mark's interview at embassy....APPROVED!!!

12-31-09 - Mark gets his visa from the courier

01-19-09 - Mark here in the US for good!!!! POE - Atlanta

03-06-10 - Wedding....YEAH!

04-01-10 - AOS, EAD, AP paperwork filed

04-06-10 - NOA 1 received

05-07-10 - Biometrics in Birmingham, AL

05-15-10 - File transferred to CSC

06-15-10 - Green card production ordered

06-26-10 - Green card received in the mail

04-09-12 - ROC NOA 1

05-11-12 - Biometrics in Birmingham, AL

Timeline
Congrats Scott! Glad to hear you are almost out of AP!!

Wendy, Mark is sending his stuff to the consulate today. How long did John's police certificate take to get to him? Mark is sending his stuff off without actually having it in him hands. We are hoping his inerview does not get scheduled between Nov 11 ans 23rd since he will be here in the US with me. We are hoping to get him here by Jan 19th! I am planning to fly over and get him around the 13th or so. Glad this part of the journey is almost over!

Congrats to everyone that is almost done with this leg of the journey!

Kim

John's doing the same thing.. we sent off for it on 10-7, it is supposed to be here Wed or Thursday.. I will update post when we have it in hand (cert). we screwed up and sent the chklist alone.. so we are resending everything tomorrowvia courier due to the strike. chklist, 230, 156, 156K and 157 weeeeeee

(((( hi VJ Juners!!))))

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.