1,187 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just got home from the interview. I kinda felt bad that I had to dispose the usb given to me by my fiance, as well as my perfume because the embassy won't allow me to enter with those. But after several hours in the embassy, I feel glad. I passed the interview!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: My passport with visa will be delivered to me anytime soon. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Also, I was able to get my CFO seminar certificate today. It's a very productive day for me.

To everyone, goodluck!!! I'm sure you'll be done with this visa process soon. :thumbs:

Yipp Yipp Hooraaaaayyy!!! so happy for you guys very best of luck in your life together. We are all right on your shirt tails to finish up as well :D :D :dance:

Thanks Wendy!!!

Tell John not to worry anymore, everything will be fine. I'm sure your K-1 visa process will be done really really soon. :dance: :dance: :dance: Best of luck!!!

Mila finally received her packet in the Mail today!!!!!! I was getting worried.

She was just about to call the embassy when it got delivered. Her interview is November 6.

Now she is getting nervous for the first time. :D

I know the feeling...No matter how much my fiance constantly reassured me that everything will be fine, I still wasn't able to sleep the night before my interview date. Couldn't help it. It's very worrisome when you know that your life/future depends on someone's decision.

Anyways, goodluck!!!

To those who will be having their interviews, best of luck!!! We'll all be with our most loved one sooner or later. :dance: :dance: :dance:

To those still stuck at NVC, I really hope you'll be able to get out of AP soon. Hang in there...It will be done soon.

OH make sure you bring them the certified copy of divorce papers , if its just a copy they wont take it, they want to see or feel the court clerks imprint stamp.

I went to PRISM after my interview. After the counselor found out that I just passed the interview, she just looked at our photo album and didn't bother much about the copy of divorce papers. I just handed her a photocopy of the certified copy of the divorce papers...

Anyways, how's your case? Have you been to the embassy?

Edited by loveaboo

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Free at last Free at last.. thank god all mighty I am free at last!!!!!!!!!

The phone call yesterday was the end of the investigation... They sent it out today and I expect an interview around Christmas... if its before Christmas then there is a slim chance she will be here for the new year...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

The phone call yesterday was the end of the investigation... They sent it out today and I expect an interview around Christmas... if its before Christmas then there is a slim chance she will be here for the new year...

Excellent News!!!

K-1,VSC, Moscow Consulate

I-129F sent:2009-06-04

NOA1: 2009-06-09

NOA2: 2009-09-16

NVC Received: 2009-09-17

NVC Left: 2009-09-22

Consulate Received: 2009-09-25

Medical: IOM, Moscow, 2009-12-07

Interview: 2009-12-08

Visa Received: 2009-12-14

Arrival to USA: 2010-01-15

Marriage: 2010-03-27

AOS, EAD, AP

CIS Office: Charleston, SC

Filed AOS Package: 2010-05-26

NOA: 2010-06-04

Bio Appt: 2010-07-09

AOS Transfer to CSC: 2010-06-30

EAD Card Production Order: 2010-08-04

AP Received: 2010-08-09

ROC

I-751 sent: 2012-7-11

NOA-1: 2012-8-1

Bio-Appointment: 2012-9-19

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Congrats Scott!!!!!!!! Good luck on the rest of your journey, hopefully everything from here on out will be smooth sailing :thumbs:

Timeline

Thanks Guys!!! fingers crossed

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Finally they emailed us (not me but my fiancee) so we got the email 15 hours after it was sent, cause my fiancee just went to bed when they sent it, but thats ok, it is Tuesday 3rd November like i figured :D

*does happy dance*

Grats Scot and thuy!!!!!

Edited by Warren and Cindy

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Just got home from the interview. I kinda felt bad that I had to dispose the usb given to me by my fiance, as well as my perfume because the embassy won't allow me to enter with those. But after several hours in the embassy, I feel glad. I passed the interview!!!! kicking.gif kicking.gif kicking.gif My passport with visa will be delivered to me anytime soon. kicking.gif kicking.gif kicking.gif

WONDERFUL NEWS LOVEABOO!!! Congratulations :dance::dance::dance:

That's great, Scott!!! Fingers crossed for you for a fast interview!! :):thumbs:

Congratulations on the upcoming interview dates and good luck everyone! (F)

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Woo hoo!! Fabulous news on the thread! WTG Boo, Scott and Aya!!(Huggs).. so glad the process is nearing the end.. if this moves fast and we get interview and visa before 12-1.. I will be a very very happy lady :D. Then I presume we are all back here 2 years later for AOS. Much, Much luck to all of the VJ'rs who have offered help, information, support, friendship and love throughout the VJ process. John and I wish each and every one of you a happy, successful, prosporous life together!! *Cheers*

"Waiting does not seem long, once it is accomplished"

Click on "my timeline" and it is there. Takes up too much space in the signature area.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Paraguay
Timeline

Congratulations to everyone with interview dates! I'm glad that things are moving along for all of us.

06/??/2008 - met one night in Madrid

09/23/2008 - moved to Buenos Aires together

06/15/2009 - he PROPOSED

06/24/2009 - mailed I-129F packet to Vermont

06/26/2009 - when the USCIS recieved my package (and cashed the check!)

07/03/2009 - NOA1 in the mail

09/21/2009 - NOA2 text recieved/online case status updated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

09/23/2009 - Case recieved by NVC

09/25/2009 - Case sent to Buenos Aires consulate

10/08/2009 - Packet 3 E-mail from consulate

10/15/2009 - Returned packet 3

10/16/2009 - Medical exam; at doc's insistence, sent copies of sealed envelope

Then I presume we are all back here 2 years later for AOS.

AOS, as well as EAD and AP gets done as soon as you get married, then as we will all be issued with only 2 year grean cards we will need to apply 18 months after we marry to lift conditions so we can get the full 10 year green card :)

K1 flow chart;

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow

AOS: Apply for Adjustment of Status; this will give you a 2 year green card.

EAD: Employment Authorization Document; this will allow you to work, comes faster then the GC

AP: Advance Parole; Allows you to leave the US and return, untill we get this if we leave the country we can not get back in >< and would have to apply for a new visa.

if you apply for all 3 at once, then they all come under the cost of the AOS. (read cheaper)

hope this helps :D

Timeline

AOS, as well as EAD and AP gets done as soon as you get married, then as we will all be issued with only 2 year grean cards we will need to apply 18 months after we marry to lift conditions so we can get the full 10 year green card :)

K1 flow chart;

EAD: Employment Authorization Document; this will allow you to work, comes faster then the GC

AP: Advance Parole; Allows you to leave the US and return, untill we get this if we leave the country we can not get back in >< and would have to apply for a new visa.

if you apply for all 3 at once, then they all come under the cost of the AOS. (read cheaper)

Thats just over 1000 bucks... so expect to shell out that much within 90 days of the SO's arrival in the US.

Timeline
Congratulations to everyone with interview dates! I'm glad that things are moving along for all of us.

Welcome to June Filers Nancy and Marcelo!

ROC Timeline

Timeline

K1 flow chart;

Thats just over 1000 bucks... so expect to shell out that much within 90 days of the SO's arrival in the US.

wow! Thanks for the info Warren and Scott!

ROC Timeline

I have just been looking at the forms and to save you all looking for them and the instructions, here they are :D

AOS: Adjustment of Status; Form I-485

EAD: Employment Authorization Document; Form I-765

AP: Advance Parole Form I-131

Edited by Warren and Cindy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.