1,187 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Ok Guys, how long does it take VSC to send the papers to NVC? My case was approved on Oct 6th and I got the approval notice on Oct 10th. I just called VSC and they don't have my case yet.

On a diff note, even though my case is approved, the USCIS website hasn't been updated yet. Does this have anything to do with my case not being transferred to VSC? I don't think so, but I was wondering...

K1 Timeline:

06-10-2009: Engagement

06-18-2009: I-129F sent

06-23-2009: NOA1

10-06-2009: NOA2

10-19-2009: NVC recieved package

10-27-2009: package reached Embassy

12-02-2009: Interview

12-04-2009: Recieved Visa

12-20-2009: Entered US

12-23-2009: Marriage

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

did you actually talk to someone at NVC?

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason how long petitions take to get to NVC (or how long they stay there) When you call NVC make sure you talk to a person, the k1's do not get in the automatic system!! Good luck hope your journey is quick :thumbs:

I-751 Vermont
Mailed 4/03/2012
Check Cashed 4/10/2012
Noa1 4/12/2012 receipt date 4/6/2012
Biometrics 4/19/2012 letter recieved
Biometrics 5/01/2012 done
Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic toc..................................................

5/10/2013 Info pass for another year stamp

Tic Toc, Tic Toc.....................................

Second biometrics letter received 7/6/2013

Tic toc tic toc..........................................................................................

4/10/14 info pass for another year

Tic Toc, Tic toc

3/30/2015 info pass for another year stamp

9/10/2015 Notice for I-751 interview 9/22/2015 Our gov is so efficient just gotta love em in charge of health care!!

so i now have everything, forms done, medical report and police check in hand, I-134 posted 2 weeks ago..... stupid delays in customs!!!! *sigh* :crying::angry:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
There seems to be no rhyme or reason how long petitions take to get to NVC (or how long they stay there) When you call NVC make sure you talk to a person, the k1's do not get in the automatic system!! Good luck hope your journey is quick :thumbs:

As of today we have been in AP at NVC for 24 days... Next week we should be out... they have been averaging between 30 and 40 days for Actual AP's and not just a delayed forwarding like some have seen.... If the file is there and has not been sent out.. they say AP regardless of the real status... so KIKE just got through AP in 5 days.. that was not AP it was really just a delayed forwarding of the file to the consulate. These FBI checks that they do in AP are not done in 5 days... usually when the FBI check is done, then it takes 5 days or so for the file to get forwarded out of NVC.

A few weeks ago people were calling NVC and asking for a supervisor... and if the supervisor said you are in AP thats all I can say... expect to be there for another week... if they said call back on # day.. then the FBI check was completed and the file was getting ready to ship... I am down to calling 2 or 3 times a week now...

42 days until we are together again... :dance:

I feel bad for Thuy now because she has some family mmbers that are not in the best of health... its not easy to get Advanced Parole right away after she arrives here so if something happens to them in the 6 months or so after she gets here... now may be the last time she is able to see them... The family is all going to visit them this weekend... I know that will be rough on her but a least her father realized the possibility and setup this trip for them to have some time together....

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hey guys, Janna called the embassy today and they told her our interview date is the 6th of Dec. :D

Sorry actually meant the 8th. I haven't had my coffee yet.... :bonk:

That's great!!! You'll really be together before Christmas! yay!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Hey guys, Janna called the embassy today and they told her our interview date is the 6th of Dec. :D

That's great!!! You'll really be together before Christmas! yay!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

I hope!!! Best Christmas ever if that was to happen!!! Realistically, I don't think we will be together until after new years just because the embassy @ Moscow doesn't mail the visa until a week to 2 weeks after the interview (if all goes as planned). And I'm not sure if I will have the money even for a one way ticket to JFK from Moscow until the holidays are over...... but, who knows, trying to stay positive, hopefully I'll win the lottery (that I don't play) or find a large sum of unclaimed money on the street. All in all I'm just happy to be getting to the end of this.

K-1,VSC, Moscow Consulate

I-129F sent:2009-06-04

NOA1: 2009-06-09

NOA2: 2009-09-16

NVC Received: 2009-09-17

NVC Left: 2009-09-22

Consulate Received: 2009-09-25

Medical: IOM, Moscow, 2009-12-07

Interview: 2009-12-08

Visa Received: 2009-12-14

Arrival to USA: 2010-01-15

Marriage: 2010-03-27

AOS, EAD, AP

CIS Office: Charleston, SC

Filed AOS Package: 2010-05-26

NOA: 2010-06-04

Bio Appt: 2010-07-09

AOS Transfer to CSC: 2010-06-30

EAD Card Production Order: 2010-08-04

AP Received: 2010-08-09

ROC

I-751 sent: 2012-7-11

NOA-1: 2012-8-1

Bio-Appointment: 2012-9-19

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

As of today we have been in AP at NVC for 24 days... Next week we should be out... they have been averaging between 30 and 40 days for Actual AP's and not just a delayed forwarding like some have seen.... If the file is there and has not been sent out.. they say AP regardless of the real status... so KIKE just got through AP in 5 days.. that was not AP it was really just a delayed forwarding of the file to the consulate. These FBI checks that they do in AP are not done in 5 days... usually when the FBI check is done, then it takes 5 days or so for the file to get forwarded out of NVC.

A few weeks ago people were calling NVC and asking for a supervisor... and if the supervisor said you are in AP thats all I can say... expect to be there for another week... if they said call back on # day.. then the FBI check was completed and the file was getting ready to ship... I am down to calling 2 or 3 times a week now...

42 days until we are together again... :dance:

I feel bad for Thuy now because she has some family mmbers that are not in the best of health... its not easy to get Advanced Parole right away after she arrives here so if something happens to them in the 6 months or so after she gets here... now may be the last time she is able to see them... The family is all going to visit them this weekend... I know that will be rough on her but a least her father realized the possibility and setup this trip for them to have some time together....

Hoping you get out soon Scott. I hope you have a great time when you go to visit Thuy and that it helps take your mind of all this immigration stuff for a few minutes at least. We're all rooting for you!!!!

K-1,VSC, Moscow Consulate

I-129F sent:2009-06-04

NOA1: 2009-06-09

NOA2: 2009-09-16

NVC Received: 2009-09-17

NVC Left: 2009-09-22

Consulate Received: 2009-09-25

Medical: IOM, Moscow, 2009-12-07

Interview: 2009-12-08

Visa Received: 2009-12-14

Arrival to USA: 2010-01-15

Marriage: 2010-03-27

AOS, EAD, AP

CIS Office: Charleston, SC

Filed AOS Package: 2010-05-26

NOA: 2010-06-04

Bio Appt: 2010-07-09

AOS Transfer to CSC: 2010-06-30

EAD Card Production Order: 2010-08-04

AP Received: 2010-08-09

ROC

I-751 sent: 2012-7-11

NOA-1: 2012-8-1

Bio-Appointment: 2012-9-19

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So how'd it go boo!! give us an update child!! :) lol

"Waiting does not seem long, once it is accomplished"

Click on "my timeline" and it is there. Takes up too much space in the signature area.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
so i now have everything, forms done, medical report and police check in hand, I-134 posted 2 weeks ago..... stupid delays in customs!!!! *sigh* :crying::angry:

(((((Warren and Cindy!!))))))

I hear the UK strike either will or wont happon on Thursday :-ss So many things to do via mail it scares me senseless to think Royal Mail will be our stumbling block.. but we have a fix.. thanks to your idea.. If the strike happens and we dont have the certificate and MOC (memorandom of conviction) yet, we will redo everything via overnight services. (DHL) for exampe.. we will then pay any and all additional charges for anyone else that has to have their fingers in this pie to send EVERYTHING via overnight services. (Hence "raspberries to the Royal Mail Service!!" :P :P :P

GL Scott... bless your heart, you've been our rock and our affirmation of belief.. keep the faith friend..

Where ya at Aya and John.. yall on the honeymoon yet?!? :D... drop a line!!

"Waiting does not seem long, once it is accomplished"

Click on "my timeline" and it is there. Takes up too much space in the signature area.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

(((((Warren and Cindy!!))))))

I hear the UK strike either will or wont happon on Thursday :-ss So many things to do via mail it scares me senseless to think Royal Mail will be our stumbling block.. but we have a fix.. thanks to your idea.. If the strike happens and we dont have the certificate and MOC (memorandom of conviction) yet, we will redo everything via overnight services. (DHL) for exampe.. we will then pay any and all additional charges for anyone else that has to have their fingers in this pie to send EVERYTHING via overnight services. (Hence "raspberries to the Royal Mail Service!!" :P :P :P

GL Scott... bless your heart, you've been our rock and our affirmation of belief.. keep the faith friend..

Where ya at Aya and John.. yall on the honeymoon yet?!? :D... drop a line!!

I wish :P:P:lol: How are you doing, Wendy? What are you up to now in the process? :)

Loveaboo, the interview is in a few days!!!! How exciting!! :D

Scott, hang in there!! (F) Thank you for being there for all of us..

Chris and Jannah, that's a lovely pic of the two of you. :)

*Waves to the rest of June filers!

Ok, I'm half asleep right now but I'll try to let you all now what we are up to -_-

So I had my medical exam on Sunday of last week and was told to go pick the results up a week later (today). I called yesterday to make sure the results are ready and they weren't, and called today again and was told to give them a call tomorrow cause the results are still not ready yet. Come on people I want to send packet 3 back to the embassy! :angry:

I have filled all the forms out and checked the answers with John and everything is ready to be sent out back to the embassy once the medical results are ready and the visa fee paid at CIB.

Those of you who have received their packet 3, was there the form DS-230? If not do you need to get it and print out, fill it in and send it with the rest of the forms? Also, what about proof of engagement did you include any? We were told in the MENA (Middle East and North Africa) forum not to include any proof of our engagement in packet 3 or else the embassy will send the packet back!! Not even the letters of intent!! :blink: Is that true? :blink: John wants me to send some of our pics and our letters in... I really am confused about that part...

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

I wish :P:P:lol: How are you doing, Wendy? What are you up to now in the process? :)

Loveaboo, the interview is in a few days!!!! How exciting!! :D

Scott, hang in there!! (F) Thank you for being there for all of us..

Chris and Jannah, that's a lovely pic of the two of you. :)

*Waves to the rest of June filers!

Ok, I'm half asleep right now but I'll try to let you all now what we are up to -_-

So I had my medical exam on Sunday of last week and was told to go pick the results up a week later (today). I called yesterday to make sure the results are ready and they weren't, and called today again and was told to give them a call tomorrow cause the results are still not ready yet. Come on people I want to send packet 3 back to the embassy! :angry:

I have filled all the forms out and checked the answers with John and everything is ready to be sent out back to the embassy once the medical results are ready and the visa fee paid at CIB.

Those of you who have received their packet 3, was there the form DS-230? If not do you need to get it and print out, fill it in and send it with the rest of the forms? Also, what about proof of engagement did you include any? We were told in the MENA (Middle East and North Africa) forum not to include any proof of our engagement in packet 3 or else the embassy will send the packet back!! Not even the letters of intent!! :blink: Is that true? :blink: John wants me to send some of our pics and our letters in... I really am confused about that part...

Hi Aya&John,

As every consolate requires different things its best to only send in what they ask for in packet 3, Sydney office requires DS-230, its another biographical date form.

*waves at everyone*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
did you actually talk to someone at NVC?

Yes I did talk to NVC last week and they did not have it.

Called them today, they do have it, got the case no. I will call back next week to see if they have sent it to the embassy.

K1 Timeline:

06-10-2009: Engagement

06-18-2009: I-129F sent

06-23-2009: NOA1

10-06-2009: NOA2

10-19-2009: NVC recieved package

10-27-2009: package reached Embassy

12-02-2009: Interview

12-04-2009: Recieved Visa

12-20-2009: Entered US

12-23-2009: Marriage

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Mila finally received her packet in the Mail today!!!!!! I was getting worried.

She was just about to call the embassy when it got delivered. Her interview is November 6.

Now she is getting nervous for the first time. :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.