1,187 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
OK, Thanks Frank. I do hope they send us a new letter... since the packet was forwarded from Caracas to Manila.. not from the NVC. ugh so confusing.. we kept everything they have sent us so I guess not too much to worry about.

ahhhh , oh i see, you did a embassy to embassy transfer. ok yes you will get a new case number from Manila I would think. Once Manila gets the package they should give a new number I would think but you never know. Just wait a few days and start calling Manila to see if your in their system yet. Were still waiting too so don't feel so bad lol. Feels like things are running in slow mo here lately.

Timeline
I've just had my medical exam today! :) I should be getting the results in a week... Still haven't sent packet 3 back to Cairo consulate yet.. I've been very confused what to send back to the embassy with packet 3 and what to keep until the interview... :blink::blink:

Waves hi to Wendy!!! :luv:

Scott, any news from NVC yet?

Kim, congrats on Mark having his packet 3!!

Loveaboo, congrats on your upcoming interview!! that's awesome news!!!! :dance:

The rest of June Filers, wishing you all the best of luck!! (F)

:thumbs:

Thanks Aya & John. I'm sure you will get good result with your medical exam.

Scott, I can sense your waiting will be over really really soon. ;)

loveaboo, did u do the seminar at CFO yet?

Hello to everyone!!! Goodluck to all of us here!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Just got off the phone with my Congressional liason and he said they told him the exact same thing they have been telling me for weeks... word for word... they just did it in writing. They said I am in AP and there is no timeframe for this. He said it is usually an FBI background check and that it takes as long as it takes and there is nothing absolutly nothing that can be done to speed it up... And after it gets through there is no way to expedite to make up any lost time from waiting...

He said he has seen them take more than a year to get done when in AP and lately it is only a month or so... 3 weks today.. I expect another week or so... then 2 months more for the interview..

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Just got off the phone with my Congressional liason and he said they told him the exact same thing they have been telling me for weeks... word for word... they just did it in writing. They said I am in AP and there is no timeframe for this. He said it is usually an FBI background check and that it takes as long as it takes and there is nothing absolutly nothing that can be done to speed it up... And after it gets through there is no way to expedite to make up any lost time from waiting...

He said he has seen them take more than a year to get done when in AP and lately it is only a month or so... 3 weks today.. I expect another week or so... then 2 months more for the interview..

I continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers Scott. I hope you get out of AP soon! Hang in there sweetie!

Kim

10-13-08 - Met on Yahoo

03-03-09 - Mark's first visit to U.S.

05-22-09 - Mark's second visit to U.S.

05-23-09 - ENGAGED!!!!

06-02-09 - Sent 129-F

06-09-10 - NOA1

06-10-09 - Check cashed

06-16-09 - NOA1 hardcopy received

09-17-09 - NOA 2!!!!!

09-22-09 - Case received by NVC...got new NVC case number

09-23-09 - Case sent to London Embassy

09-25-09 - Case delivered to London Embassy

10-09-09 - Packet 3 received to Mark

10-29-09 - Packet 3 posted to embassy

11-27-09 - Mark's medical in London....PASSED!!!!

12-29-09 - Mark's interview at embassy....APPROVED!!!

12-31-09 - Mark gets his visa from the courier

01-19-09 - Mark here in the US for good!!!! POE - Atlanta

03-06-10 - Wedding....YEAH!

04-01-10 - AOS, EAD, AP paperwork filed

04-06-10 - NOA 1 received

05-07-10 - Biometrics in Birmingham, AL

05-15-10 - File transferred to CSC

06-15-10 - Green card production ordered

06-26-10 - Green card received in the mail

04-09-12 - ROC NOA 1

05-11-12 - Biometrics in Birmingham, AL

Timeline

This wondering, waiting, calling, emailing, etc etc. This all can make you go nuts. LOL thats what I was trying to say a couple months ago to everyone on this board. Dont let all of this drive you to drink. I already knew what to expect. If you look at all the cases for K visas, as long as no major problems, it takes average 6 to 7 months from the day you mailed your I129f to the day your fiance/spouse has the visa in hand and is ready to step onto the airplane. Its frustrating because it becomes a race, You want to be even or ahead of everyone else, you see things happening for others but your case seems to be idle. It can make you go crazy, very frustrating. But you know in the end we all will be in the same boat around the same time. I'm actually hoping to do the interview sometime in January because I want to come back here to Manila to go with Aiza to the interview. In December airfares to Philippines are like double the price. Not only for me to go there roundtrip, but to buy her a 1-way ticket to come to the States is rediculously priced too. Even PAL non-stop to LAX is 1100 dollars 1-way in December. Now if somehow we can get a interview by the end of November we probably will do that otherwise I want 1st or 2nd week in January. Plus its nicer here in January, not so hot and non of this monsoon/typhoon stuff lol.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
This wondering, waiting, calling, emailing, etc etc. This all can make you go nuts. LOL thats what I was trying to say a couple months ago to everyone on this board. Dont let all of this drive you to drink. I already knew what to expect. If you look at all the cases for K visas, as long as no major problems, it takes average 6 to 7 months from the day you mailed your I129f to the day your fiance/spouse has the visa in hand and is ready to step onto the airplane. Its frustrating because it becomes a race, You want to be even or ahead of everyone else, you see things happening for others but your case seems to be idle. It can make you go crazy, very frustrating. But you know in the end we all will be in the same boat around the same time. I'm actually hoping to do the interview sometime in January because I want to come back here to Manila to go with Aiza to the interview. In December airfares to Philippines are like double the price. Not only for me to go there roundtrip, but to buy her a 1-way ticket to come to the States is rediculously priced too. Even PAL non-stop to LAX is 1100 dollars 1-way in December. Now if somehow we can get a interview by the end of November we probably will do that otherwise I want 1st or 2nd week in January. Plus its nicer here in January, not so hot and non of this monsoon/typhoon stuff lol.

Yes, when you look on the home page of of VJ they have the picture of the road going up and down on top of the page...... A picture can speak a thousand words for sure.

Yeah, plane tickets are just as ridiculous to Russia. I pretty sure all over the world at that time. We may be approved and get our visa a week or so after the interview but I cannot afford a ticket until after the holidays.... crappy.

K-1,VSC, Moscow Consulate

I-129F sent:2009-06-04

NOA1: 2009-06-09

NOA2: 2009-09-16

NVC Received: 2009-09-17

NVC Left: 2009-09-22

Consulate Received: 2009-09-25

Medical: IOM, Moscow, 2009-12-07

Interview: 2009-12-08

Visa Received: 2009-12-14

Arrival to USA: 2010-01-15

Marriage: 2010-03-27

AOS, EAD, AP

CIS Office: Charleston, SC

Filed AOS Package: 2010-05-26

NOA: 2010-06-04

Bio Appt: 2010-07-09

AOS Transfer to CSC: 2010-06-30

EAD Card Production Order: 2010-08-04

AP Received: 2010-08-09

ROC

I-751 sent: 2012-7-11

NOA-1: 2012-8-1

Bio-Appointment: 2012-9-19

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The same RT flight I bought for thanksgiving is now more than twice as much as I paid for it in Aug. 700 then... climbing over 1600 now.. I expect close to 2k by the end of oct for the same flight if not more than that.

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline

I received packet 3 finally, my fiance called the embassy a dozen times and they finally allowed him to pick it up

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-06-15

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-16

NVC Received : 2009-09-22

Consulate Received : 2009-09-28

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-14

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Interview Result :

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hey guys, Janna called the embassy today and they told her our interview date is the 6th of Dec. :D

Sorry actually meant the 8th. I haven't had my coffee yet.... :bonk:

Oh my gosh thats great!!!! congrads... im ready inm ready im ready!!! lol

"Waiting does not seem long, once it is accomplished"

Click on "my timeline" and it is there. Takes up too much space in the signature area.

Timeline
I received packet 3 finally, my fiance called the embassy a dozen times and they finally allowed him to pick it up

Woo hoo!!!! GL you guys!!! :dance:

Click on "my timeline" and it is there. Takes up too much space in the signature area.

Timeline
The same RT flight I bought for thanksgiving is now more than twice as much as I paid for it in Aug. 700 then... climbing over 1600 now.. I expect close to 2k by the end of oct for the same flight if not more than that.

Geez Scott.. that's airway robbery!! I read the post about the AP :angry: Just know you have all our support and we hope for a quick process outta there!!! You are in our thoughts and prayers hun.

Timeline

Slightly different subject , JETLAG. Since were mentioning airtravel, do any of you suffer from jetlag like me? I don't really get it too bad comming to the philippines but when i go back I am like totally useless and lost for about a week or so. Coming to Philippines , I leave Orlando at 630 am and when I arrive in Manila it is 830pm. See so its not so bad that way. Its been studied that traveling westward has a lower jetlag effect. In a sense, my body feels like its completed 1 very long day comming here so I think that has a lot to do with it. But now going back is a nightmare. Going back I experience sunrise and sunset 2 times and I leave Manila on lets say a wed nite at 11pm and when I arrive in Orlando its 4pm the next day on thursday LOL. It feels like a week goes by and I'm still up and down all day long. If I sleep like 2 hours, I wake up and can't sleep for 3 hours, then get tired again and sleep but 2 or 3 hours later i'm up again for a few hours. Its like that for a week. Anybody else like that? Scott you have a similar flight as me and your from FL too like me, we travel over 12 time zones each way. You get jetlag? Anyone ?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Hey guys, Janna called the embassy today and they told her our interview date is the 6th of Dec. :D

Sorry actually meant the 8th. I haven't had my coffee yet.... :bonk:

Oh my gosh thats great!!!! congrads... im ready inm ready im ready!!! lol

Thanks!!!

K-1,VSC, Moscow Consulate

I-129F sent:2009-06-04

NOA1: 2009-06-09

NOA2: 2009-09-16

NVC Received: 2009-09-17

NVC Left: 2009-09-22

Consulate Received: 2009-09-25

Medical: IOM, Moscow, 2009-12-07

Interview: 2009-12-08

Visa Received: 2009-12-14

Arrival to USA: 2010-01-15

Marriage: 2010-03-27

AOS, EAD, AP

CIS Office: Charleston, SC

Filed AOS Package: 2010-05-26

NOA: 2010-06-04

Bio Appt: 2010-07-09

AOS Transfer to CSC: 2010-06-30

EAD Card Production Order: 2010-08-04

AP Received: 2010-08-09

ROC

I-751 sent: 2012-7-11

NOA-1: 2012-8-1

Bio-Appointment: 2012-9-19

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I've already attended the CFO seminar at PRISM after my medical exam. However they didn't give me the CFO seminar certificate. They want to see a copy of the divorce papers of my fiance, as well as some pictures of us together which I didn't bring because I didn't know it was a requirement. Anyways, I'm planning to go back there after my interview at USEM.

I'm actually hoping to do the interview sometime in January because I want to come back here to Manila to go with Aiza to the interview. In December airfares to Philippines are like double the price. Not only for me to go there roundtrip, but to buy her a 1-way ticket to come to the States is rediculously priced too. Even PAL non-stop to LAX is 1100 dollars 1-way in December. Now if somehow we can get a interview by the end of November we probably will do that otherwise I want 1st or 2nd week in January. Plus its nicer here in January, not so hot and non of this monsoon/typhoon stuff lol.

My fiance and I have decided to finish everything this year so it will be less thing to worry about. We're also hoping to get married before the year ends so we can start the year 2010 together as husband and wife. Another benefit of it is for tax purposes. He's paying as single now, if we'll be married before the year ends, he can file married filing jointly in 2009 tax year and he might get a tax refund which will be really helpful especially with all the immigration process expenses.

Timeline

I've already attended the CFO seminar at PRISM after my medical exam. However they didn't give me the CFO seminar certificate. They want to see a copy of the divorce papers of my fiance, as well as some pictures of us together which I didn't bring because I didn't know it was a requirement. Anyways, I'm planning to go back there after my interview at USEM.

I'm actually hoping to do the interview sometime in January because I want to come back here to Manila to go with Aiza to the interview. In December airfares to Philippines are like double the price. Not only for me to go there roundtrip, but to buy her a 1-way ticket to come to the States is rediculously priced too. Even PAL non-stop to LAX is 1100 dollars 1-way in December. Now if somehow we can get a interview by the end of November we probably will do that otherwise I want 1st or 2nd week in January. Plus its nicer here in January, not so hot and non of this monsoon/typhoon stuff lol.

My fiance and I have decided to finish everything this year so it will be less thing to worry about. We're also hoping to get married before the year ends so we can start the year 2010 together as husband and wife. Another benefit of it is for tax purposes. He's paying as single now, if we'll be married before the year ends, he can file married filing jointly in 2009 tax year and he might get a tax refund which will be really helpful especially with all the immigration process expenses.

OK yes they want to see that stuff. CFO is a joke, did they tell you how the Phillipines and Philippines Government is great and good and the rest of the world is all bad and evil? LOL . I told them when I have to walk around anytime of the day or night and see children by the thousands living in the street and using the sidewalk curb as a pillow while the people running the Government eat filet mignon and jet off to Vegas for weekend flings , then there is no good here. Anyway , bring them that stuff and they will give you the stamp in your passport. They wont let you get on the plane without it. AND yes I like the idea of getting married before end of year because I wanted to file as married too, but I still get a refund, I am a single dad, I file as head of household so I get most of my money back. But I know what you mean and thats great you guys can start out as married in 2010. Try to get married like on Christmas eve or New Years Eve, that would be cool huh? OH make sure you bring them the certified copy of divorce papers , if its just a copy they wont take it, they want to see or feel the court clerks imprint stamp.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.