1,187 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Scott,

I am with you on this one! Feeling like we're waiting for the NOA2 again. I have no answers.. no one has replied to my e mails. Ugh its so frustrating.. I just want to make sure we are in the right direction here. I WISH our file was still at NVC so I could tell them to send it to the RIGHT place!

While I was in Aruba Joseph formally proposed though, with a beaaaaaautiful diamond to boot. I wasnt expecting it.. it was so sweet-- now just makes it way more difficult to not be with him. Enjoy your time with Thuy.. it makes it so much easier waiting when your together.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Scott,

I am with you on this one! Feeling like we're waiting for the NOA2 again. I have no answers.. no one has replied to my e mails. Ugh its so frustrating.. I just want to make sure we are in the right direction here. I WISH our file was still at NVC so I could tell them to send it to the RIGHT place!

While I was in Aruba Joseph formally proposed though, with a beaaaaaautiful diamond to boot. I wasnt expecting it.. it was so sweet-- now just makes it way more difficult to not be with him. Enjoy your time with Thuy.. it makes it so much easier waiting when your together.

Awww hang in there Meg!! Congrads on the "officiatin'" :) I just found out we still have another form we have to get before we do the checkllist.. grrrr is right.. lol

"Waiting does not seem long, once it is accomplished"

Click on "my timeline" and it is there. Takes up too much space in the signature area.

Same bad news each day.. in a holding pattern waiting... its just like waiting for the NOA2 again... I am so excited to be going overto visit the family but I wish it were longer than a week.

I am really happy for everyone that is so much closer to having the visa in hand...

Our thoughts are with you both for a quick move out of the NVC, and a great speedy outcome at the consolate

Warren, did you already send in your checklist and forms to the embassy?? :o

Not yet, have nothing to send in yet lol hoping ti send it all sometime next week :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Scott,

Hang in there Megan! (F)

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi Aya and John!!

ok Warren, I was like whaaaat??? lol

Who else are we missin.. i was checkin out the UK interview thread, seems its moving fast once I get that dang checklist to them.. 2 more forms to go should be here within 2 weeks (crosses more stuff again)

Edited by Wendy_n_John

"Waiting does not seem long, once it is accomplished"

Click on "my timeline" and it is there. Takes up too much space in the signature area.

Timeline

Ok everyone wanted to update you! I emailed Manila and they wrote back this morning saying that the case has been forwarded to their Office.. It left on October 9th! So, the countdown is on... They said up to 2 months for it to get there.. BUTTTTT, crazy me just called the DOS and played dumb and double checked that it definitely has been forwarded... it was :) DOS said to call back once a week to track the case.. so, Im thinking it will be there before the 2 months! UGhhh what a mess this was, but im so glad its on its way! Joseph is planning to be back in the Philippines the first week of November, so I think everything is going to work itself out. Just a minor speed bump.. Its ok.. gives me a little more time to plan for his arrival...we have our whole lives ahead of us! Thanks everyone for your support.. Much love to all of you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Im here in Philippines right now visiting Aiza lol. I'm going to the embassy on friday to find out stuffs. Someone here who was approved around sametime as me already called them and got an interview date. It doesnt take 2 months, thats how long the average time is to be in a position to be eligible to get an appointment. This flooding stuff might slow the embassy a little though, i hope not too much

Ok everyone wanted to update you! I emailed Manila and they wrote back this morning saying that the case has been forwarded to their Office.. It left on October 9th! So, the countdown is on... They said up to 2 months for it to get there.. BUTTTTT, crazy me just called the DOS and played dumb and double checked that it definitely has been forwarded... it was :) DOS said to call back once a week to track the case.. so, Im thinking it will be there before the 2 months! UGhhh what a mess this was, but im so glad its on its way! Joseph is planning to be back in the Philippines the first week of November, so I think everything is going to work itself out. Just a minor speed bump.. Its ok.. gives me a little more time to plan for his arrival...we have our whole lives ahead of us! Thanks everyone for your support.. Much love to all of you.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Im here in Philippines right now visiting Aiza lol. I'm going to the embassy on friday to find out stuffs. Someone here who was approved around sametime as me already called them and got an interview date. It doesnt take 2 months, thats how long the average time is to be in a position to be eligible to get an appointment. This flooding stuff might slow the embassy a little though, i hope not too much

I agree, not 2 months. If your case has been forwarded to their office, does that mean they already have it or is it still on the way? If they do, wait for a few days after the date they said they received your case to schedule your interview. I called after 5 days and the agent said I'm not eligible yet to set an interview. My fiance called 3 days after I did and he was able to schedule an interview for me. No need to wait for the packet they will send you. I received mine after 2 weeks the embassy have received our case.

If you have a copy of the NVC letter, you can do your medical exam already so it will be less thing to worry about. Prepare all the documents already, especially those that will take time to get like passport, CENOMAR & NBI Clearance (it will take a few days if you have namesake).

If you're lucky, you might even be able to go to US with your fiance. Yay!!!

Frank, if your fiancee already received the packet, you can use that to set an interview schedule. The MNL case number is included there which is all you need to set an interview and you will be sent an e-mail immediately after setting up an interview schedule which you could use as entry pass at SLEC. My guess is that the packet from the embassy can also be used as an entry pass at SLEC.

Anyways, goodluck to all of us here!!!

Edited by loveaboo

Timeline

I agree, not 2 months. If your case has been forwarded to their office, does that mean they already have it or is it still on the way? If they do, wait for a few days after the date they said they received your case to schedule your interview. I called after 5 days and the agent said I'm not eligible yet to set an interview. My fiance called 3 days after I did and he was able to schedule an interview for me. No need to wait for the packet they will send you. I received mine after 2 weeks the embassy have received our case.

If you have a copy of the NVC letter, you can do your medical exam already so it will be less thing to worry about. Prepare all the documents already, especially those that will take time to get like passport, CENOMAR & NBI Clearance (it will take a few days if you have namesake).

If you're lucky, you might even be able to go to US with your fiance. Yay!!!

Frank, if your fiance already received the packet, you can use that to set an interview schedule. The MNL case number is included there which is all you need to set an interview and you will be sent an e-mail immediately after setting up an interview schedule which you could use as entry pass at SLEC. My guess is that the packet from the embassy can also be used as an entry pass at SLEC.

Anyways, goodluck to all of us here!!!

No we didnt recieve anything yet, I think the past couple of weeks kinda slowed things down in SE Asia countries. I plan to go to the embassy on Friday just to see if I can sniff out some info, see whats going on, what delays going on. Anyway we have another typhoon inbound toward manila now , will be here by next tuesday. I just checked the US Navy site and got its direction and plot. Im in Boracay right now, it rained all day from this low pressure monsoon stuff passing over here now. Hopefully my flight tomorrow wont be canceled hehehe. I noticed many people in SE Asia countries having some delays on NVC forwarding , I bet all the calamity thats happened past 2 weeks is the cause, earthquakes, typhoons, floods, landslides, sunamis, and whats next?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I've just had my medical exam today! :) I should be getting the results in a week... Still haven't sent packet 3 back to Cairo consulate yet.. I've been very confused what to send back to the embassy with packet 3 and what to keep until the interview... :blink::blink:

Waves hi to Wendy!!! :luv:

Scott, any news from NVC yet?

Kim, congrats on Mark having his packet 3!!

Loveaboo, congrats on your upcoming interview!! that's awesome news!!!! :dance:

The rest of June Filers, wishing you all the best of luck!! (F)

:thumbs:

Thanks Aya & John. I'm sure you will get good result with your medical exam.

Scott, I can sense your waiting will be over really really soon. ;)

Hello to everyone!!! Goodluck to all of us here!!!

Timeline

Ok, just a quick question.. what letter from NVC are you talking about? THe one that says the approved I 129-f has been forwarded to the consulate?

I have that letter eventhough our NVC Case # says CRS eventhough we are going to MNL... hope thats ok?

The packed is on its way there.. DOS told me to call back once a week to check if they have received it yet, it could take up to 2 months..

Thanks, Megan

Timeline
Ok, just a quick question.. what letter from NVC are you talking about? THe one that says the approved I 129-f has been forwarded to the consulate?

I have that letter eventhough our NVC Case # says CRS eventhough we are going to MNL... hope thats ok?

The packed is on its way there.. DOS told me to call back once a week to check if they have received it yet, it could take up to 2 months..

Thanks, Megan

No not that letter, you will get a new letter this time from NVC that says it sent your case to Manila for final processing and it will have a new case number that starts with the letters MNL ######### . Then after you get this letter , by that time Manila will already have you in there system and send both the petitioner and beneficiary a letter with instructions on how to set up an interview.

Timeline

OK, Thanks Frank. I do hope they send us a new letter... since the packet was forwarded from Caracas to Manila.. not from the NVC. ugh so confusing.. we kept everything they have sent us so I guess not too much to worry about.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hey guys, Janna called the embassy today and they told her our interview date is the 6th of Dec. :D

K-1,VSC, Moscow Consulate

I-129F sent:2009-06-04

NOA1: 2009-06-09

NOA2: 2009-09-16

NVC Received: 2009-09-17

NVC Left: 2009-09-22

Consulate Received: 2009-09-25

Medical: IOM, Moscow, 2009-12-07

Interview: 2009-12-08

Visa Received: 2009-12-14

Arrival to USA: 2010-01-15

Marriage: 2010-03-27

AOS, EAD, AP

CIS Office: Charleston, SC

Filed AOS Package: 2010-05-26

NOA: 2010-06-04

Bio Appt: 2010-07-09

AOS Transfer to CSC: 2010-06-30

EAD Card Production Order: 2010-08-04

AP Received: 2010-08-09

ROC

I-751 sent: 2012-7-11

NOA-1: 2012-8-1

Bio-Appointment: 2012-9-19

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Hey guys, Janna called the embassy today and they told her our interview date is the 6th of Dec. :D

Sorry actually meant the 8th. I haven't had my coffee yet.... :bonk:

K-1,VSC, Moscow Consulate

I-129F sent:2009-06-04

NOA1: 2009-06-09

NOA2: 2009-09-16

NVC Received: 2009-09-17

NVC Left: 2009-09-22

Consulate Received: 2009-09-25

Medical: IOM, Moscow, 2009-12-07

Interview: 2009-12-08

Visa Received: 2009-12-14

Arrival to USA: 2010-01-15

Marriage: 2010-03-27

AOS, EAD, AP

CIS Office: Charleston, SC

Filed AOS Package: 2010-05-26

NOA: 2010-06-04

Bio Appt: 2010-07-09

AOS Transfer to CSC: 2010-06-30

EAD Card Production Order: 2010-08-04

AP Received: 2010-08-09

ROC

I-751 sent: 2012-7-11

NOA-1: 2012-8-1

Bio-Appointment: 2012-9-19

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.