1,187 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Good Mornin Fellow VJ'rs!!

I felt like spending $16 this mornin and called US Embassy in London for an update. I'm glad I DID!! The embassy received our application from NVC on 10-6-09. The instructions to John were sent on 10-7-09, so he should have them any day now. I was a little disheartened when he said the interview may take 6 months to schedule :( but My hopes will remain high until we see that interview date!! :) Good Luck to all still waiting for their next step :dance::thumbs: .

6 MONTHS!!!! Eff That!!! I really hope that is not true for you or any of us. Happy to hear you that you petition made it to the embassy though.

6 months.. I saw 1 that was in 10 days.... the 6 months is a worst case generic statement to cover them if it takes longer than expected...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Good Mornin Fellow VJ'rs!!

I felt like spending $16 this mornin and called US Embassy in London for an update. I'm glad I DID!! The embassy received our application from NVC on 10-6-09. The instructions to John were sent on 10-7-09, so he should have them any day now. I was a little disheartened when he said the interview may take 6 months to schedule :( but My hopes will remain high until we see that interview date!! :) Good Luck to all still waiting for their next step :dance::thumbs: .

6 MONTHS!!!! Eff That!!! I really hope that is not true for you or any of us. Happy to hear you that you petition made it to the embassy though.

6 months.. I saw 1 that was in 10 days.... the 6 months is a worst case generic statement to cover them if it takes longer than expected...

Scott is right. Now that I think of it, they (The embassy in Yekaterinburg) told Janna that it would take almost a month for her B-2 visa interview and that she would receive her B-2 in a month after the interview. Janna had her interview and B-2 visa in less that 2 weeks. Of course this was a different visa and that embassy didn't deal with immigrant visas. But they still always give you a worst case scenario.

K-1,VSC, Moscow Consulate

I-129F sent:2009-06-04

NOA1: 2009-06-09

NOA2: 2009-09-16

NVC Received: 2009-09-17

NVC Left: 2009-09-22

Consulate Received: 2009-09-25

Medical: IOM, Moscow, 2009-12-07

Interview: 2009-12-08

Visa Received: 2009-12-14

Arrival to USA: 2010-01-15

Marriage: 2010-03-27

AOS, EAD, AP

CIS Office: Charleston, SC

Filed AOS Package: 2010-05-26

NOA: 2010-06-04

Bio Appt: 2010-07-09

AOS Transfer to CSC: 2010-06-30

EAD Card Production Order: 2010-08-04

AP Received: 2010-08-09

ROC

I-751 sent: 2012-7-11

NOA-1: 2012-8-1

Bio-Appointment: 2012-9-19

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks for the support guys.. now here's where Im getting confused,kk if yall could help clear it up for me I'd really appreciate it.. :D

We go to the website and read the instructions on preparing packet 3 i guess it is.. that would be this one.. http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/iv/iv_15.html and it proceeds to direct you to duplicating forms (got that). but when you get to this DS-156? It tells you to submit it online.. at what point do they actually set you up an inteview? Do we go ahead and mail all of thes douments and items liste on the IV-checklist note here.. http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/...ess_K_visas.pdf

to the embassy to ge the interview?? Can anyone shed some light? This K-1 thread I tried to get an answer on another post didnt really tell me.. at what point do they set the interview.. when we send them something to do it?? And what do we send? We have the medical its going to the Embassy now..Help!! :argh: thanks guys!! :whistle::bonk::reading:

Edited by Wendy_n_John

"Waiting does not seem long, once it is accomplished"

Click on "my timeline" and it is there. Takes up too much space in the signature area.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey everyone! Im back from my visit.. sucks to be home without him.. especially because while I was there trying to deal with e mailing both embassys and trying to figure this out. I spoke to the DOS and they said it will take 90 days to transfer our file from Venezuela, to the Philippines.. MORE WAITING. THey said it will probably have to go back to the NVC before it can go to Manila. I e mailed Caracas with Manilas address, like they requested and still no response... I have no idea where we are in this process anymore. It totally sucks. I was instructed to e mail Manila and ask them if they would take our case. Still waiting for a reply from them also.. Is there anything else I can do at this point? Either way, my fiance will be in the Philippines in 3 weeks and thats where he is going to stay to wait this out... If anyone has any information at all of what I can do other than wait for a reply from the embassy, id really appreciate it. Thanks so much guys..

Timeline
Thanks for the support guys.. now here's where Im getting confused,kk if yall could help clear it up for me I'd really appreciate it.. :D

We go to the website and read the instructions on preparing packet 3 i guess it is.. that would be this one.. http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/iv/iv_15.html and it proceeds to direct you to duplicating forms (got that). but when you get to this DS-156? It tells you to submit it online.. at what point do they actually set you up an inteview? Do we go ahead and mail all of thes douments and items liste on the IV-checklist note here.. http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/...ess_K_visas.pdf

to the embassy to ge the interview?? Can anyone shed some light? This K-1 thread I tried to get an answer on another post didnt really tell me.. at what point do they set the interview.. when we send them something to do it?? And what do we send? We have the medical its going to the Embassy now..Help!! :argh: thanks guys!! :whistle::bonk::reading:

Hey I would ask that question in the UK regional forum. You will probably find ppl that are dealing with the same embassy. I know for Moscow all documents are brought to the interview with the beneficiary.

AOS, EAD, AP

ROC

Timeline

Thanks C & J - I will do that now. :)

Click on "my timeline" and it is there. Takes up too much space in the signature area.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I've just had my medical exam today! :) I should be getting the results in a week... Still haven't sent packet 3 back to Cairo consulate yet.. I've been very confused what to send back to the embassy with packet 3 and what to keep until the interview... :blink::blink:

Waves hi to Wendy!!! :luv:

Scott, any news from NVC yet?

Kim, congrats on Mark having his packet 3!!

Loveaboo, congrats on your upcoming interview!! that's awesome news!!!! :dance:

Megan, praying you find a solution soon and everything goes in the right order. (F)

Warren and Cindy and Simon and Janet, congrats on packet 3!!!

The rest of June Filers, wishing you all the best of luck!! (F)

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Timeline

Same bad news each day.. in a holding pattern waiting... its just like waiting for the NOA2 again... I am so excited to be going overto visit the family but I wish it were longer than a week.

I am really happy for everyone that is so much closer to having the visa in hand...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline
Same bad news each day.. in a holding pattern waiting... its just like waiting for the NOA2 again... I am so excited to be going overto visit the family but I wish it were longer than a week.

I am really happy for everyone that is so much closer to having the visa in hand...

Hang in there man. Hope you clear NVC soon.

AOS, EAD, AP

ROC

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Just hang in there Scott.. I'm sure you'll hear good news soon... You and Thuy are in my mind.. Enjoy your visit! :)

Guys, I am really frustrated that I haven't even got a touch. I called USCIS, they have the same status that's on the website. Is there any way I can talk to someone at VSC to know the real status.

Is there anything that I could do to get this process going...

ok guys! I called my Congressman's office around 11:30 AM Oct 6th and I spoke to his immigration liason and told her about my case. She asked me to wait on the line and called VSC and told me that the case is assigned to an officer and she couldn't gather any other info at this time and we will have to wait.

So I booked an info pass appt for today to see if my case is struck on FBI or Name Check and I find out my case was approved on Oct 6th. But my status hasn't been updated in the USCIS website. Even though I am very happy that my case iss approved, I know my case was sitting on someone's desk without being worked on and the only reason it was approved was because of the phone call.

I know there are so many of you that are in my boat, so please call your congressman...

Thankseveryone for all ur help.

Congrats on your NOA2 RKSV!! :star:

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Timeline

Thanks Aya~!! waves back :) I am really hopin for ya Scott.. it will be here soon. Got good news from UK forum.. I'm not scared anymore lol...

Timeline

thanks gang!

Thats good Wendy.. how long do you think it will take for your interview?

Timeline
thanks gang!

Thats good Wendy.. how long do you think it will take for your interview?

Well Scott, from what I can tell, the mail system in UK is in despair right now.. they are having serious problems. given that, we are waiting on the police certificate to arrive. Once it comes in (was requested/mailed on 10/7), but with our luck... it will schedule an interview before that certificate comes in. We decided to go ahead and send the checklist on Wednesday 10-14-09 declaring we have everything, by the time they set up the interview he should have the certificate.. That's the plan :) What do you guys think?? Are we tempting fate?

Our thoughts are with you both for a quick move out of the NVC, and a great speedy outcome at the consolate

Timeline

Our thoughts are with you both for a quick move out of the NVC, and a great speedy outcome at the consolate

Warren, did you already send in your checklist and forms to the embassy?? :o

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.