1,187 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Oh wow... great news! I will call them Thursday to see if they have it... That number is the same case number that the consulate will use and I need that number to get the rest of our paperwork finished.... As soon as The consulate says they have our file, they will get an email with the paperwork for Pkt 3 and will schedule us an nterview.. this may shave a few weeks off of our wait time for pkt 3 to arrive and ultimatly speed up the time to get an interview.

Do you have all of the other paperwork filled out yet? The 156 156k 230 134 etc.

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline
Oh wow... great news! I will call them Thursday to see if they have it... That number is the same case number that the consulate will use and I need that number to get the rest of our paperwork finished.... As soon as The consulate says they have our file, they will get an email with the paperwork for Pkt 3 and will schedule us an nterview.. this may shave a few weeks off of our wait time for pkt 3 to arrive and ultimatly speed up the time to get an interview.

Do you have all of the other paperwork filled out yet? The 156 156k 230 134 etc.

Scott, what is 156, 156k, 230, the only thing i have filled is the i834 I think it is which is the affadavit of support

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-06-15

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-16

NVC Received : 2009-09-22

Consulate Received : 2009-09-28

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-14

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Interview Result :

Timeline

Scott, what is 156, 156k, 230, the only thing i have filled is the i834 I think it is which is the affadavit of support

The docs required are different from one consulate to another.. mine requires I-134 as an affidavit of support from me along with supporting documentation.... check in your local discussion to see the files that need to be submitted... My SO will have to submit DS156, DS156K and DS230... plan ahead for what will be required down the road.. the road is moving faster as we go.

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

OK GUYS FINALLY! TODAY GOT THE NOA2! Now we will have to guide eachother through the next steps...I am going to see him on Monday so I want to have everything ready to give him... I have the NOA1, copy of the I 129-f, pictures, proof of relationship, and all supporting docs and the I-134. What else do I have to bring him? And, what should he be doing now? I have to call the NVC two days from today, right? Oh lord, this is really happening im so excited! Hopefully we all can help eachtoher through this.

THanks for the support!

Megan

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
OK GUYS FINALLY! TODAY GOT THE NOA2! Now we will have to guide eachother through the next steps...I am going to see him on Monday so I want to have everything ready to give him... I have the NOA1, copy of the I 129-f, pictures, proof of relationship, and all supporting docs and the I-134. What else do I have to bring him? And, what should he be doing now? I have to call the NVC two days from today, right? Oh lord, this is really happening im so excited! Hopefully we all can help eachtoher through this.

THanks for the support!

Megan

Hey Megan!!

Congrats and good luck!!

:dance: :dance: :dance:

"Pedis e obtereis"

OUR TIMELINE

05/28/2009 - I-129F Sent

06/02/2009 - NOA1

06/04/2009 - Check cashed

09/11/2009 - Touched!

09/11/2009 - NOA2 approved!!

09/14/2009 - Touched

09/16/2009 - NVC received

09/18/2009 - NVC left

09/22/2009 - Consulate received

10/02/2009 - Pkt 4 received

10/29/2009 - Medical - PASSED!!

11/10/2009 - Interview - APPROVED!

11/16/2009 - Visa received!

11/24/2009 - Arrived at the USA

12/08/2009 - Got married!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

THanks for the support!

Megan

Hi Megan,

I made a list of what I might need for the interview. You might get something out of it.

A. Visa Application Process Letters

-NOA1

-NOA2

-NVC Letter

-Appointment letter from the USEM

B. DS Forms

-DS 156 and DS 157

-DS 156K

-DS 157

C. Identification papers and police clearances

- NSO Birth certificate

- NBI Clearance

- Police Certificate

-Cenomar

D. Affidavit of Support

- Form I-134

- Employment Letter

- 2006-2008 Tax Transcipt

- 2008 W2 Copy

- - Recent Pay Stubs

E. Proof of Engagement

- Renewed Letter of Intent to Marry

- Engagement Ring Receipt (if there’s any)

- Engagement Photos (with Captions)

- Wedding Rings Design

F. Other Documents for Proof of Continuous Relationship

- Snail mails, cards and postal envelopes

- E-mails

-Yahoo Chat Messenger Archive Screen Shot

- Sample Yahoo Messenger Conversation

- Copy of Phone Bills

G. Proof of Meeting Prior to Application

- Plane Ticket

- Boarding Pass

-Pictures together

Goodluck to us!

Edited by loveaboo

Timeline
Scott, Should they already be filling out the paperwork, or just wait until the e mail comes? On the guides it says you can practice with these forms?

Go to the PI area of VJ and get a copy of the current pkt 3 & 4... ask others there what forms PI specifically requires... start working on them now! He should have everything filled out except the case # ASAP. You have your tax transcripts and w-2's and birth cert orig and copy... letter from employer... print any logs that you can and start printing chats and emails now...

setup a clear outline based on what they say for your consulate... they are very specific about what they want and the order they want it....

I bought a two hole punch and the clips that are used for that ACCO clips.. I have an outline of the contents for the general docs as well as two additional packets one before the engagement and one after... they each have an outline cover sheet and tabbed numbered pages inside that correspond to each item in the outline.

Get everything as organized as you can and get it in chronological order.

THanks for the support!

Megan

Hi Megan,

I made a list of what I might need for the interview. You might get something out of it.

-NOA1

-NOA2

-NVC Letter

B. DS Forms

-DS 156 and DS 157

-DS 156K

-DS 157

- NSO Birth certificate

- NBI Clearance

- Police Certificate

-Cenomar

D. Affidavit of Support

- Form I-134

- Employment Letter

- 2008 W2 Copy

- - Recent Pay Stubs

E. Proof of Engagement

- Wedding Rings Design

- E-mails

- Copy of Phone Bills

- Plane Ticket

- Boarding Pass

-Pictures together

Goodluck to us!

DS 230? :thumbs: there is a guide for the PI embassy somewhere.. I have seen it in the past

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank You so much! That definitely helps alot..

One more quick question... when and what do they send to my fiance? He is in Aruba now, But we are going through the embassy in Manila because that is where he is a citizen. I need to get him back there AND change the address with whoever to the Phil address before they send anything out. Because so far on any paperwork we have put his Aruba address. Its a race against the clock now.

I need a copy of my birth certificate for him at the interview? And if i have tax transcripts, you dont need the copy of the 2008 W-2, right?

I do have a tabbed folder with everything.. But i guess Im way more behind than i thought. ughh

Edited by JosMeg12

Timeline

One more quick question... when and what do they send to my fiance? He is in Aruba now, But we are going through the embassy in Manila because that is where he is a citizen. I need to get him back there AND change the address with whoever to the Phil address before they send anything out. Because so far on any paperwork we have put his Aruba address. Its a race against the clock now.

They could possibly send pkt 3 after the end of next week. Call NVC to besure they have your Email so they can alert you when it is sent to the consulate, They may be able to change the address at this stage.. maybe... Call the consulate as soon as they get the file. Tell them where he will be (new address) they will know how long before he should expect pkt 3... like I said it could be very soon...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

THanks for the support!

Megan

Hi Megan,

-NOA1

-NOA2

-NVC Letter

B. DS Forms

-DS 156 and DS 157

-DS 156K

-DS 157

- NSO Birth certificate

- NBI Clearance

- Police Certificate

-Cenomar

D. Affidavit of Support

- Form I-134

- Employment Letter

- 2008 W2 Copy

- - Recent Pay Stubs

E. Proof of Engagement

- Wedding Rings Design

- E-mails

- Copy of Phone Bills

- Plane Ticket

- Boarding Pass

-Pictures together

Goodluck to us!

Congrats!!! We got ours today. We might get interview around same time as you, maybe we'll see you there in Manila. WooHoo

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status: Approval notice sent. (to Frank and Aiza) hehe

On September 22, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E).

Timeline

I need a copy of my birth certificate for him at the interview? And if i have tax transcripts, you dont need the copy of the 2008 W-2, right?

I do have a tabbed folder with everything.. But i guess Im way more behind than i thought. ughh

Based on what I've read in the posts here in VJ in Philippine subforum, he might get the so-called packet 3 from the embassy but it's not necessary since it will only tell him what to do for the next stages (medical and interview). Is he going back to Manila for the interview? Either one of you should call the USEM to schedule an interview and an e-mail will be sent to him.

Yes, I've read here that usually the tax transcript is all we'll be needing. I think the W2 is more of a back-up, just in case they ask for it.

Scott, I think I've read somewhere in Philippines subforum that K-1 doesn't need the DS-230. I'll have to check that out again. Thanks.

Goodluck to us! I'm so excited!

Timeline
Congrats!!! We got ours today. We might get interview around same time as you, maybe we'll see you there in Manila. WooHoo

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status: Approval notice sent. (to Frank and Aiza) hehe

On September 22, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E).

Congrats! We might see each other during the medical exam and/or interview. Goodluck to us!

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

They could possibly send pkt 3 after the end of next week. Call NVC to besure they have your Email so they can alert you when it is sent to the consulate, They may be able to change the address at this stage.. maybe... Call the consulate as soon as they get the file. Tell them where he will be (new address) they will know how long before he should expect pkt 3... like I said it could be very soon...

Guys,

Just my personal experience...

Neither me nor Keith have received any email from NVC saying that they sent our file to the Consulate. And they have already sent it...

I had to call to have this information...

Good luck to all of us!! :thumbs:

"Pedis e obtereis"

OUR TIMELINE

05/28/2009 - I-129F Sent

06/02/2009 - NOA1

06/04/2009 - Check cashed

09/11/2009 - Touched!

09/11/2009 - NOA2 approved!!

09/14/2009 - Touched

09/16/2009 - NVC received

09/18/2009 - NVC left

09/22/2009 - Consulate received

10/02/2009 - Pkt 4 received

10/29/2009 - Medical - PASSED!!

11/10/2009 - Interview - APPROVED!

11/16/2009 - Visa received!

11/24/2009 - Arrived at the USA

12/08/2009 - Got married!!

Timeline

Here is a PI guide http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwfk1en.pdf

DS 230 is required

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

Edited by ScottThuy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.