1,187 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I thought that was strange too for a Sunday, but I'll take it! I logged in expecting to see 6/3/2009 just like every other day I sign in.. but today it said todays date! I did a double take :) Good Luck to you too!

(L) Megan

Ohh so they are entering the data now? So this week hopefully it will get to the hands of one of the Officials!

Edited by JosMeg12

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Good to know! Thanks for the info Scott! You too Jos.. I hope my patience can hold out.. we are so close now.. we will get there :)

"Waiting does not seem long, once it is accomplished"

Click on "my timeline" and it is there. Takes up too much space in the signature area.

Timeline

Why are there people on the approved list that just shows their names and no hyperlink.. is it because they don't want us to see their info? i.e. Martin & Megan

Click on "my timeline" and it is there. Takes up too much space in the signature area.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Why are there people on the approved list that just shows their names and no hyperlink.. is it because they don't want us to see their info? i.e. Martin & Megan

they did not link their profile and timeline together

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

they did not link their profile and timeline together

Thanks Scott

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I have a few of friends who went thru interviews in Hanoi. No problems. They met their fiancees on VietnamCupid. And PI isnt that easy as you think.

:rofl: Thats really funny since HaNoi does not issue family visa's .... and Most are denied in VN...

I am sure Aya knows what good advice is... :whistle:

LOL well your the expert. I'm talking about 3 years ago, I thought i remembered someone telling me they had to go to the North to Hanoi for an interview. Maybe it was the other way around. Regardless I been thru all this before and i used to help many people on ***removed*** website. I still get emails from people thanking me for advice etc etc. I dont post too much anymore on these help boards. There is always some people who post 8000 times a day about nonsense and have attitude problems. If most are denied in VN then maybe you should worry then, Good Luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Paraguay
Timeline

Congratulations to all you June filer's who've already gotten that NOA2!

06/??/2008 - met one night in Madrid

09/23/2008 - moved to Buenos Aires together

06/15/2009 - he PROPOSED

06/24/2009 - mailed I-129F packet to Vermont

06/26/2009 - when the USCIS recieved my package (and cashed the check!)

07/03/2009 - NOA1 in the mail

09/21/2009 - NOA2 text recieved/online case status updated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

09/23/2009 - Case recieved by NVC

09/25/2009 - Case sent to Buenos Aires consulate

10/08/2009 - Packet 3 E-mail from consulate

10/15/2009 - Returned packet 3

10/16/2009 - Medical exam; at doc's insistence, sent copies of sealed envelope

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I have a few of friends who went thru interviews in Hanoi. No problems. They met their fiancees on VietnamCupid. And PI isnt that easy as you think.

:rofl: Thats really funny since HaNoi does not issue family visa's .... and Most are denied in VN...

I am sure Aya knows what good advice is... :whistle:

Of course, I do ;);) B)

FranknAiza, Cairo consulate isn't an easy one either... Having a very uncommon case, I have to worry.. Plus there's nothing wrong with asking questions and being prepared for each stage of this process... Bet you attend the interview with your fiancee, but you both mess up or answer differently (if you both get interviewed.. Which happens at many 'tough' consulates), will being there and not being prepared help you with anything? I guess not... :no:

I'm just saying you need to relax a lil bit, you guys are making your selves worry too much. Look I can see from just reading a few posts from you and Scot that your 100000% legitimate, so you have nothing to worry about. I'm just sharing my experience, I been thru this. And you know what? i was a nervous wreck and worried 24/7 and everything else. But one day before we had gotten our noa2, i said to my self this is crazy, i'm gonna give myself a heart attack. I said right then , ok I'm going to take 1 day at a time and it made everything go a lot faster. Atleast it seemed like that when it was all done and we had the visa in hand. If you go to the interview with your fiancee, 99 to 1 they dont ask your fiance more then 3 questions. im just talking from my experience and from people i know who went thru an interview. If your fiance goes alone, they are going to ask them a series of about 25 questions. Mostly about you and your life. Because if its a real relationship then surely they will know everything about you. When I went to my wife's interview, there were maybe 45 filipinas in front of us and my wife knew most of them because they all went thru the medical exam 2 weeks before the interview date and at the medical they were all talking with eachother. So as they were comming out from their interviews, I talked to many of them and asked what they were being asked and what papers and evidence were the consulate people looking at. mainly because we were worried of failing the interview. Its just scary. Finally they called our number and we went in. 1st we met with someone from the PI govt. She asked for all our evidence. I handed her a big stack of stuff. Emails, copies of texts, all the western union receipts, bank statements (we had a joint savings acct in PI) and a bunch of pics. I had gone there 4 times before our interview. They didnt even look at my wife, they asked me who i was and from that point they spoke only to me. she told us go wait to see the US Consular for the actual interview. After 10 mins waiting outside this little room they called us in. It was an American woman. She asked me who I was. She said I have just 1 more question for you, I said what? She pulled out the stack of pics I handed to the 1st person earlier. Right on top was a pic of me holding my wife's nephew. I had submitted a bunch of pics of me with all her realatives. I guess they were concerned that this was my child?? Anyway she goes" Who is this little guy that your holding?" I laughed because it was a pic of me holding him, he was 1 year old and I took him to the beach and it was his 1st time ever in the ocean and I was holding him while standing in the water. I told her thats my nephew Sean. She smiled and said ok your approved, go pay the visa delivery fee. LOL

Guys just relax and dont worry so much, as long as your legitimate your gonna pass and get approved. My impression of the whole thing was they were more concerned with how people were reacting to questions and their knowledge of the petitioner and never even really looked at the evidence. 2 girls told me they read their emails, 2 out of like 20. Maybe those 2 didn't do well answering questions, I dont know. Good Luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Wendy and Scott,

I will keep my fingers crossed for both of you guys this week. I have been reading about cases getting stuck in AP at the NVC and the consulate....now it gives me something else to worry about! LOL. I have a good feeling about you two this week! Keep the faith!

Kim

10-13-08 - Met on Yahoo

03-03-09 - Mark's first visit to U.S.

05-22-09 - Mark's second visit to U.S.

05-23-09 - ENGAGED!!!!

06-02-09 - Sent 129-F

06-09-10 - NOA1

06-10-09 - Check cashed

06-16-09 - NOA1 hardcopy received

09-17-09 - NOA 2!!!!!

09-22-09 - Case received by NVC...got new NVC case number

09-23-09 - Case sent to London Embassy

09-25-09 - Case delivered to London Embassy

10-09-09 - Packet 3 received to Mark

10-29-09 - Packet 3 posted to embassy

11-27-09 - Mark's medical in London....PASSED!!!!

12-29-09 - Mark's interview at embassy....APPROVED!!!

12-31-09 - Mark gets his visa from the courier

01-19-09 - Mark here in the US for good!!!! POE - Atlanta

03-06-10 - Wedding....YEAH!

04-01-10 - AOS, EAD, AP paperwork filed

04-06-10 - NOA 1 received

05-07-10 - Biometrics in Birmingham, AL

05-15-10 - File transferred to CSC

06-15-10 - Green card production ordered

06-26-10 - Green card received in the mail

04-09-12 - ROC NOA 1

05-11-12 - Biometrics in Birmingham, AL

Timeline
Wendy and Scott,

I will keep my fingers crossed for both of you guys this week. I have been reading about cases getting stuck in AP at the NVC and the consulate....now it gives me something else to worry about! LOL. I have a good feeling about you two this week! Keep the faith!

Kim

thank you so much Kim!! i reallyyyy hope so too :) John is down to the nubs on his fingernails.. lol Now I know why they say this is the hard part we are patient if nothing else.. Good Luck with the AP!! ( is that Approval Process (AP)?? :wacko:

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

No, Wendy AP is Additional Processing and they can hold your case at NVC for days, weeks, months...whatever they feel like whiley they double check background information or whatever else they feel like they need to look more closely at. Its not a good thing!

Edited by JosMeg12

Think this is the hardest part, watching peolpe around the same date (and later) get their NOA2 and just sitting there and worrying if something is wrong with your app >< I'm happy for everyone still :)

*hits reload at USCIS site*

And... got another touch today! :yes: We'll see what that means!

thinking good thought its your NOA2 :D

Timeline

Hang in there Everyone!! I'd be happy with a touch.. the no touch thing is like aggrevating.. but promising.. I think without the support of VJ'rs I'd be tied up in a white jacket and have drool down the front of my dress.. wait.. ok i'd be in a jacket for sure!!! the other part already happens when i eat spaghetti :)

Timeline
No, Wendy AP is Additional Processing and they can hold your case at NVC for days, weeks, months...whatever they feel like whiley they double check background information or whatever else they feel like they need to look more closely at. Its not a good thing!

:( no no don't want that..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.