1,187 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
No worries about the job.. she can relax and go to english class instead...

Hey you guys! I just found this thread! I was using another for June filers..... I will start using this tread to keep up with everyones visa journey!

My name is Doug my fiancé is Jessie. I have met Scott before but I don't think I know too many of you others.

So when are we expecting our interviews? December???? Our I 129 date is June 11.

Whats our ETA ????

Hey Doug.. this one may not totally apply for you since we dwell on VSC progress and you are through CSC.. but you are always welcome.. You will likely get approved a month or more ahead of us... I expect interview Jan or Feb.. You should be Late Nov to Jan...

Edited by ScottThuy

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
At our consulate they frown on giving a visa without knowing the petitioner is sitting outside..... They actually look for any reason to deny.... "what, he don't love you enough to be here?" They dont actuallly let the petitioner on the property.. gotta wait accross the street at the cafe' or sit on the sidewalk... I wouldn't miss it for anything.... I am dying to see the smile on her face when she walks out of the building... OMG.. got me teared up thinking about it...

Aww.. I really hope you can be there with her Scott and hear really good news after her interview! Cairo consulate is kinda just that way too.. It's very uncommon to be a female Egyptian K-1 beneficiary.. I'm the only one on VJ! I hope not the first case for Cairo embassy.. I'm really hoping for a smooth interview.. It's crazy how things are going for me with my family's refusal of our relationship, I really hope we don't wait longer.. But I have my hopes up! :)

I really hope Thuy enjoys her time before she leaves. (F)

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Timeline
At our consulate they frown on giving a visa without knowing the petitioner is sitting outside..... They actually look for any reason to deny.... "what, he don't love you enough to be here?" They dont actuallly let the petitioner on the property.. gotta wait accross the street at the cafe' or sit on the sidewalk... I wouldn't miss it for anything.... I am dying to see the smile on her face when she walks out of the building... OMG.. got me teared up thinking about it...

Aww.. I really hope you can be there with her Scott and hear really good news after her interview! Cairo consulate is kinda just that way too.. It's very uncommon to be a female Egyptian K-1 beneficiary.. I'm the only one on VJ! I hope not the first case for Cairo embassy.. I'm really hoping for a smooth interview.. It's crazy how things are going for me with my family's refusal of our relationship, I really hope we don't wait longer.. But I have my hopes up! :)

Its the other way around at my conslate... if its a male beneficiary they look twice at them thinking something is odd...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

Its the other way around at my conslate... if its a male beneficiary they look twice at them thinking something is odd...

I guess it's something in the culture then, isn't it? Cause well it's not very welcomed here that Egyptian females marry 'foreigners'.. When John was here we got stares almost everywhere we went to. It wasn't nice.. But I know who I am and where my heart is and I don't care for pre-made judgements.

ROC Timeline

Timeline
I guess it's something in the culture then, isn't it? Cause well it's not very welcomed here that Egyptian females marry 'foreigners'.. When John was here we got stares almost everywhere we went to. It wasn't nice.. But I know who I am and where my heart is and I don't care for pre-made judgements.

Did anyone say anything to you in objection? Thuy and I were shopping in VN one day and an older lady kept saying that she needed to find a good VN husband.. asking why was she with a foreigner. the lady kept on for some time until we left her shop..... we always get the 'looks' especially since I am so much taller than her... I just smile and remember how much we love each other.. don't care what they think... I feel sorry for them as many may just be jealous of seeing someone happy..

Timeline

Did anyone say anything to you in objection? Thuy and I were shopping in VN one day and an older lady kept saying that she needed to find a good VN husband.. asking why was she with a foreigner. the lady kept on for some time until we left her shop..... we always get the 'looks' especially since I am so much taller than her... I just smile and remember how much we love each other.. don't care what they think... I feel sorry for them as many may just be jealous of seeing someone happy..

Yes almost every day. We've been asked almost every day he was here if we were married or not even cab drivers asked.. A guy told me in Arabic to be very careful cause some people might hate and he he were me he wouldn't have a risk like that..lol Another day we were in a cab and the driver stopped to fix something he was giving us his back and we had a small kiss, he wanted to charge us a 100 Egyptian pounds instead of 15 for kissing in his cab.. It was crazy!! And the looks we got at the hotel John stayed at when I came to pick him up every morning to go out.. Although I never stayed with him there... A few people said we are cute together and a lady at a shop gave us 50% discount on something we bought cause we looked happily in love.. :blush: So it was mix of this and that... I wish people weren't so judgemental, but well c'est la vie!

ROC Timeline

Timeline

I saw a June VSC filer post that they got an email from USCIS.. the email said approved I-129... wow.. in less than 2 months... then we all realized that it was an error on the part of USCIS and they sent the email to the wrong address.... I really feel for the person that got that email.. as if this ordeal isnt painful enough...

I had a glimmer of hope that we could get NOA2 before October/November... :oops:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

How's our timelines everyone! It's been quiet in here for almost 4 days!! I'm biting nails here.. anything?? :) Happy VJ everyone!:)

"Waiting does not seem long, once it is accomplished"

Click on "my timeline" and it is there. Takes up too much space in the signature area.

Yes almost every day. We've been asked almost every day he was here if we were married or not even cab drivers asked.. A guy told me in Arabic to be very careful cause some people might hate and he he were me he wouldn't have a risk like that..lol Another day we were in a cab and the driver stopped to fix something he was giving us his back and we had a small kiss, he wanted to charge us a 100 Egyptian pounds instead of 15 for kissing in his cab.. It was crazy!! And the looks we got at the hotel John stayed at when I came to pick him up every morning to go out.. Although I never stayed with him there... A few people said we are cute together and a lady at a shop gave us 50% discount on something we bought cause we looked happily in love.. :blush: So it was mix of this and that... I wish people weren't so judgemental, but well c'est la vie!

In any country in the world, if you behave against the established traditions, people will notice you and can became judgmental. We just tend to blame everything on others while perhaps the problem is within us.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Prague, Czech Republic

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-15

Check Cashed: 2009-07-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-20

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-01

NVC Received : 2009-10-06

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-15

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-12-15

Visa Received : 2009-12-16

US Entry :

Marriage :

AOS:

Event Date

CIS Office : Washington DC

Date Filed : 2010-07-26

NOA Date : 2010-08-06

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2010-09-09

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date :2011-01-07

Approval / Denial Date :2011-01-07

Approved : Yes

Got I551 Stamp : No

Greencard Received:

Comments :

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello Everyone! One more June Filer that's hoping to bring his fiance by Christmas. I am just crossing my fingers and biting my nails just like you guys...

Good Luck u all :thumbs:

K1 Timeline:

06-10-2009: Engagement

06-18-2009: I-129F sent

06-23-2009: NOA1

10-06-2009: NOA2

10-19-2009: NVC recieved package

10-27-2009: package reached Embassy

12-02-2009: Interview

12-04-2009: Recieved Visa

12-20-2009: Entered US

12-23-2009: Marriage

Timeline
Hello Everyone! One more June Filer that's hoping to bring his fiance by Christmas. I am just crossing my fingers and biting my nails just like you guys...

By Christmas? Wow.. good luck with that happening.. Most June VSC's wont get NOA2 until late OCT or Nov the way things have been going... and then there is the time to get to NVC and then embassy... and te wait to get an appointment on top of that... I am expecting visa sometime Feb at this point... but I agree December would be nice... :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

By Christmas? Wow.. good luck with that happening.. Most June VSC's wont get NOA2 until late OCT or Nov the way things have been going... and then there is the time to get to NVC and then embassy... and te wait to get an appointment on top of that... I am expecting visa sometime Feb at this point... but I agree December would be nice... :thumbs:

I see a lot of March filers and few April filers gettting NOA2 now. So there is a possibility June filers might get NOA2 starting mid October, Add 2 months for the Conulate Process. She might have her visa by December :whistle: I know this will happen only in the best case scenario. We will see...

K1 Timeline:

06-10-2009: Engagement

06-18-2009: I-129F sent

06-23-2009: NOA1

10-06-2009: NOA2

10-19-2009: NVC recieved package

10-27-2009: package reached Embassy

12-02-2009: Interview

12-04-2009: Recieved Visa

12-20-2009: Entered US

12-23-2009: Marriage

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I see a lot of March filers and few April filers gettting NOA2 now. So there is a possibility June filers might get NOA2 starting mid October, Add 2 months for the Conulate Process. She might have her visa by December :whistle: I know this will happen only in the best case scenario. We will see...

Yes yes yes RK!!! we are working on a Mantra.. Visa by Christmas, Visa by Christmas.. yes we can yes we can!!

"Waiting does not seem long, once it is accomplished"

Click on "my timeline" and it is there. Takes up too much space in the signature area.

Timeline

Yes yes yes RK!!! we are working on a Mantra.. Visa by Christmas, Visa by Christmas.. yes we can yes we can!!

the normal time from NOA2 to interview for our consulate is 3 months at best and 4 for most... I would have to get an NOA2 by next month to see a christmas visa, best case... it really depends on how fast we can get through VSC and then how fast the consulate can get us through that end... every consulate is different.... it takes a couple of weeks to get from USCIS to the consulate w/o AP.. and here is a link to see what times are normal at the consulate.. recent consulate stats past 90 days

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

the normal time from NOA2 to interview for our consulate is 3 months at best and 4 for most... I would have to get an NOA2 by next month to see a christmas visa, best case... it really depends on how fast we can get through VSC and then how fast the consulate can get us through that end... every consulate is different.... it takes a couple of weeks to get from USCIS to the consulate w/o AP.. and here is a link to see what times are normal at the consulate.. recent consulate stats past 90 days

I hadn't seen that link yet. The Lima embassy is only averaging 28 days. WOW. I better have my stuff ready to go. That will be a rush.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.