1,187 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

It's driving me nuts as well seeing the July approvals. I can feel for the Mar and April filers who are getting their approvals now.

I haven't had a touch since 06/26/09. Is that mean they haven't done any work on my case? Hopefully our's will be this week.

In any case I am happy that June filers will have their fiances here by Christmas. I just have to remind you all that I was the 1st to say that hehehe...

K1 Timeline:

06-10-2009: Engagement

06-18-2009: I-129F sent

06-23-2009: NOA1

10-06-2009: NOA2

10-19-2009: NVC recieved package

10-27-2009: package reached Embassy

12-02-2009: Interview

12-04-2009: Recieved Visa

12-20-2009: Entered US

12-23-2009: Marriage

It's driving me nuts as well seeing the July approvals. I can feel for the Mar and April filers who are getting their approvals now.

I haven't had a touch since 06/26/09. Is that mean they haven't done any work on my case? Hopefully our's will be this week.

In any case I am happy that June filers will have their fiances here by Christmas. I just have to remind you all that I was the 1st to say that hehehe...

yeah i want to be there for xmas at least, Cindy's Birthday is 2 Dec, but getting there for that might be asking too much lol

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Oh wow... great news! I will call them Thursday to see if they have it... That number is the same case number that the consulate will use and I need that number to get the rest of our paperwork finished.... As soon as The consulate says they have our file, they will get an email with the paperwork for Pkt 3 and will schedule us an nterview.. this may shave a few weeks off of our wait time for pkt 3 to arrive and ultimatly speed up the time to get an interview.

Do you have all of the other paperwork filled out yet? The 156 156k 230 134 etc.

Scott, what is 156, 156k, 230, the only thing i have filled is the i834 I think it is which is the affadavit of support

What did you file for? I134 is the affidavit of support for family based cases... I864 is used after the beneficiary eneters and is applying to adjust status.

hmm none so far for today :(

Did you setup mobile notification? If you did, just stop checking and wait for the text message...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Did you setup mobile notification? If you did, just stop checking and wait for the text message...

Tried, but they wont accept Aussies cell phones ><

Timeline

Tried, but they wont accept Aussies cell phones ><

That sux...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

OK those that got your NOA2... have you transfered your obsession to the NVC # rather than the USCIS site? How many times did you call NVC today? C'mon.. admit it... :whistle: I only called twice.... :dance:

How is everyone doing getting the consulate paperwork together? Yes.. that includes those that dont have NOA2 yet...

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Do they actually have to go to Manila to get the NBI Clearance? Its almost 2 hours each way for him..

I know we can get the NSO Birth Cert and CENOMAR online..

Nevermind! I found that he can go to Lipas City Hall in Batangas...

Do i need to send with him my birth certificate eventhough I have all the pages of my passport photo copied? And does he need any Visa photos of me?

Edited by JosMeg12

Timeline
Do they actually have to go to Manila to get the NBI Clearance? Its almost 2 hours each way for him..

I know we can get the NSO Birth Cert and CENOMAR online..

Nevermind! I found that he can go to Lipas City Hall in Batangas...

Do i need to send with him my birth certificate eventhough I have all the pages of my passport photo copied? And does he need any Visa photos of me?

Yes, An original or certified copy as well as a photo copy of your BC .. no visa photos of you.. they got all the photos of you they need....

I just realized that those risque photos of you that you included in your packet to prove a 'real' relationship were what they kept the file around so long for... Some guy that kept checking your photos out everyday until someone said hey man .. what the heck are you doin?... then bam... NOA2... :whistle:

You know I'm just teasin... :jest:

Timeline
NVC calling started on Monday :S Found out today that my case has been sent to LIMA :) Tracking it now, was picked up by DHL at 330 :D DHL obsession begins now ;) .

Aw man.. now i got a funny feelin that I may end up calling 1 more time today...

Timeline

HAHA Scott if it was even that easy I would have sent whatever they wanted!

OK, so now I have to go to the town hall and get a birth cert! Its always something.. Thank you!

So... is it true we dont even need the P3? Dont we have to send some paperwork in to them before the interview? Now, im getting confused. With his move from Aruba to the Phils for the interview, I want to make sure he gets the P3 if it has instructions on what to send in right away.

Edited by JosMeg12

Timeline
HAHA Scott if it was even that easy I would have sent whatever they wanted!

OK, so now I have to go to the town hall and get a birth cert! Its always something.. Thank you!

So... is it true we dont even need the P3? Dont we have to send some paperwork in to them before the interview? Now, im getting confused. With his move from Aruba to the Phils for the interview, I want to make sure he gets the P3 if it has instructions on what to send in right away.

Get afew extra copies while you are there.. they are cheap and it may save you a trip at some point in the future... You dont need the P3... You can go to the PI consulate website and it tells everything he will need to send as soon as they get the file.(before the interview).. PI handles things a little different from most countries... check that PI consulate link I posted earlier for docs he needs... and when he needs them.

Timeline

Yea I checked the link you posted, (thanks for that) It doesnt say anywhere that any of the forms need to be sent in ahead of time, just says what to bring to the interview. So, maybe someone dealing with Manila (or who already has) can help me with this. When I get to Aruba on Monday we are going to fill out all the rest of the papers he needs and we will be good to go. (hopefully! :wacko: )

Timeline
Yea I checked the link you posted, (thanks for that) It doesnt say anywhere that any of the forms need to be sent in ahead of time, just says what to bring to the interview. So, maybe someone dealing with Manila (or who already has) can help me with this. When I get to Aruba on Monday we are going to fill out all the rest of the papers he needs and we will be good to go. (hopefully! :wacko: )

It appears he does not have to send anything into the consulate before the interview. They will get the file from NVC.. go through it and he can call them a few weeks after they get the file to ask if they will schedule an appt for him. He should start getting all of the things he needs to do, done when he gets there.. you know, medical NIB etc.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.